Photo Oct 03, 10 45 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 44 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 37 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 23 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 10 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 00 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 44 52 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 44 27 PM (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Shadow, The

Added: 2018-10-04 01:54:20 UTC • Ended: July 29th, 2019
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 5,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Moving to a new house and mama wants a back patio. Pinball liquidation. I'll rebuild my collection later. Check out my other listings.

Super nice Shadow. Plays great. Playfield and mods which include Pinstadium Lighting, gunmetal powder coat and color DMD, and newly done gun with wood handle. Just those 4 things cost about $2,000 if I recall correctly. Cab has a some dings and scratches which are not in line with how nice the playfield and other things are. Additional photos can be made available if needed.

Not interested in trades. Check out my other listings.

Darin

Item photos

Photo Oct 03, 5 55 19 AM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 43 55 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 44 07 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 44 12 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 44 04 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 44 16 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 44 20 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 44 45 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 44 27 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 44 52 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 00 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 10 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 23 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 37 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 44 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 58 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 46 06 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 46 13 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 46 29 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 46 39 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 46 46 PM (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are VolunteerPin's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to VolunteerPin's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Knoxville, TN, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

#2 5 years ago

#4 5 years ago

Just added one photo. Forgot to put in at first. Can do more later but listing most of my pins and just trying to get them up and listed for the sake of time.

#5 5 years ago

#7 5 years ago

#8 5 years ago

Put them all on Ebay !

#9 5 years ago

Umm...

#10 5 years ago

#12 5 years ago
3552C3B9-7E4A-46F6-A39F-13B641AD9817 (resized).jpeg3552C3B9-7E4A-46F6-A39F-13B641AD9817 (resized).jpeg
#13 5 years ago
F14D4790-3F8B-4EF8-AAED-B9D9606FD9C4 (resized).jpegF14D4790-3F8B-4EF8-AAED-B9D9606FD9C4 (resized).jpeg
#15 5 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16 5 years ago

Just took a bunch of photos and forgot there ARE actually some cabinet dings...worse than I remember. I'm in the process of uploading some photos and am editing my price based on the hilarious feedback thus far

Updated price to $5000 to account for cabinet issues.

#17 5 years ago

This can't be serious.

#18 5 years ago
48EB4053-A7BA-4495-B1B5-26FDD32C2DE1 (resized).png48EB4053-A7BA-4495-B1B5-26FDD32C2DE1 (resized).png
#20 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just took a bunch of photos and forgot there ARE actually some cabinet dings...worse than I remember. I'm in the process of uploading some photos and am editing my price based on the hilarious feedback thus far
Updated price to $5000 to account for cabinet issues.

How much was it before you decided over 5k was high and priced it to $5,000?

#21 5 years ago

This must be a keeper game for $5k.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

How much was it before you decided over 5k was high and priced it to $5,000?

Briefly was up at $5500 before any photos were posted.

#23 5 years ago

get this guy some meds!

#24 5 years ago

GLWS from someone with a pair of Shadows.

#25 5 years ago

So, couple thoughts:

First, if you don't like my price, that is fine but there is absolutely NO reason for personal attacks (see this and my Getaway ad). I kindly ask Pinside moderators to eject offenders. Pinside used to be a pretty nice place to hang out. I haven't been around for months because of this kind of stuff.

Second, here are some reasonable comparative Shadows which show that I am, indeed, in the ball park. If we want to discuss pricing as mature, kind and reasonable adults, I am fine with that. If you are unable or unwilling to play nicely, just leave.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/67443 Sold for $3500. Similar playfield. No Aurich translight. No $1500 worth of armor and gun plating. No Pinstadium. My $5000 seems pretty reasonable.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/69125 Sold for $4400. This was a killer deal and whoever bought this really made out great IMO. My pin is similar but not quite as nice with this one being documented HUO and a better sanctum. Is $600 really worth crucifying me over? I didn't look but I can't imagine this pin lasted long in the market at all.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/60460 $3500 sold elsewhere. Nice player's condition pin. Again, mine has the nice armor and Pinstadium which offsets the difference in price.

Anyhow, I sincerely hope y'all have a good day. If the personal attacks continue I will simply ask mods to shut down the thread. I have not personally attacked anyone and don't appreciate receiving attacks. Some good jesting (photos of the surprise face had me chuckling) I'm fine with but name calling ain't gonna happen.

#26 5 years ago

Pinside used to be a pretty nice place to hang out.

That was before people starting asking $5K FIRM for a Shadow with plentiful cosmetic issues.

#27 5 years ago

Some good jesting (photos of the surprise face had me chuckling) I'm fine with but name calling ain't gonna happen.

Just ignore them.... Seriously, it isn't worth your time. If you don't want comments, you can check that option in the marketplace.

#28 5 years ago

Did you try posting on Facebook? The people on there always make comments how the prices on Pinside are not realistic and way below market value so this should be right up their alley.

#30 5 years ago

So, I'll chime in here and be as constructive as I can be.

I think, and I'm just guessing, that people are getting frustrated because this is truly a premium price for a game with bling. The base game has to be absolutely solid, which you kindly admitted is not. The cabinet had dings or scuffs as well as Sanctum wear. For this price, people are going to scrutinize this sale, knowing the price was $5500 at first, and this price is still high for a Shadow with bumps and bruises. I'm on my phone going into work, so I didnt look for the cabinet flaws - just taking your word for it. If the base game is not absolutely sound for this price, people are going to get up in arms. That's because...

The used market is starting to get out of control. Step back and look: you are respectfully asking - best of my knowledge - the highest asking price ever for a Shadow. This is more than double for one only a couple years ago. There used to be a saying that mods didnt add any value to a game. Now it had reversed: ColorDMD, PinSound, PinStadium, chromed out everything, shooter knobs, custom this, custom that, one of a kind doll supplied on the playfield, etc - all of it is worth something now. Yeah, owners pour some insane money into some pins, and they need to be understanding that the vast majority of the market is not going to feel as warm and fuzzy.

Personally, ColorDMD is the only real mod I look for. Everything else m, I dont care. I'll admit, that gunhandle is nice and there seems to be a new fad with Shadow and re doing the gun. This is the third one I've seen since August to have it re done.

I think, quite frankly, some people are starting to feel priced out of the hobby, and you may be feeling some of their frustration. Doesnt make it right; I am speaking from an objective and neutral position on this particular situation. Back in 2013, if someone told me we'd be seeing $5000+ Shadows in 5 years, I'd wonder how Mars was and how long they lived there.

My thoughts, which are worth 2 wooden nickels in the grand scheme of things.

#31 5 years ago

Looks nearly immaculate.

#32 5 years ago

I often wonder if the seller paid too much for the machine and then is trying to "pass it along" to the next sucker, I mean potential buyer, or are they trying to be like the pickers that try to double their money?

Just my ramblings.

#33 5 years ago

Pretty simple, don’t like the price move on. It won’t sell if it’s not priced right. Mods do add value if the buyer likes those mods.

#34 5 years ago

Look at all these free bumps!!

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I think, and I'm just guessing, that people are getting frustrated because this is truly a premium price for a game with bling. The base game has to be absolutely solid, which you kindly admitted is not. The cabinet had dings or scuffs as well as Sanctum wear. For this price, people are going to scrutinize this sale, knowing the price was $5500 at first, and this price is still high for a Shadow with bumps and bruises. I'm on my phone going into work, so I didnt look for the cabinet flaws - just taking your word for it. If the base game is not absolutely sound for this price, people are going to get up in arms. That's because...
The used market is starting to get out of control. Step back and look: you are respectfully asking - best of my knowledge - the highest asking price ever for a Shadow. This is more than double for one only a couple years ago. There used to be a saying that mods didnt add any value to a game. Now it had reversed: ColorDMD, PinSound, PinStadium, chromed out everything, shooter knobs, custom this, custom that, one of a kind doll supplied on the playfield, etc - all of it is worth something now. Yeah, owners pour some insane money into some pins, and they need to be understanding that the vast majority of the market is not going to feel as warm and fuzzy.
Personally, ColorDMD is the only real mod I look for. Everything else m, I dont care. I'll admit, that gunhandle is nice and there seems to be a new fad with Shadow and re doing the gun. This is the third one I've seen since August to have it re done.
I think, quite frankly, some people are starting to feel priced out of the hobby, and you may be feeling some of their frustration. Doesnt make it right; I am speaking from an objective and neutral position on this particular situation. Back in 2013, if someone told me we'd be seeing $5000+ Shadows in 5 years, I'd wonder how Mars was and how long they lived there.

Is there an upvote twice option here

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Good points. A Shadow without sanctum wear and with chrome platted ramps or diverters with color DMD...maybe north of 4k.

#37 5 years ago

Asking the mods to eject the price police - kindly or not - is a little much, even by butthurt Pinsider standards, as there's absolutely ZERO precedent or justification for that here. You can't ask thousands of dollars beyond the going rate, while claiming you are "liquidating" to keep your wife happy, and not expect some blowback.

Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. We all know what we are getting into when we post a FS ad here. Enjoy the free bumps and attention and bitch back if you like, and move on with your life.

#38 5 years ago

I think there is combination of things going on that make people vocal about this listing. I suspect many folks are holding back on comments. As stated above the base condition of the game, i.e. cabinet, playfield, sanctum are not in a condition to get people excited about a premium price. The post started off at $5,500 with a single not so great picture that made it difficult to determine what type of condition this pin was in. People get excited to see a premium example of any pin. When they find out that pin is not in a condition that matches the asking price, there are bound to be some comments. If you post your marketplace ad to the forum, anything can happen with the comments so you have to anticipate this. If you have been around on pinside 5 years it should be pretty apparent how this was going to play out. On the flipside, if you ask a reasonable price for the condition of the pin, the comments can also work in your favor and make for a quick sale. This pin, priced in the mid to low fours with good pictures from the start would have had a totally different reaction and would have most likely had offers quickly and probably sold in a week or less. Some may argue that this is only worth mid to high threes as they don't want to pay anything for mods. As stated by others the DMD will easily get you some value, but the other mods are going to need a rare person to pay full price for them. Not saying they are not worth extra value, simply that it will be rather difficult to extract that value in the present market.

#39 5 years ago

It's a free country, and everyone has a right, and anything is possible, and etc.
But "Firm" is what throws it over for me.... Strictly no other offers for this will be welcomed.

#40 5 years ago

One of the things I appreciate most about this site is the feedback given from people on ads. It is a very valuable tool for buyers. I will rarely take any ad seriously if the seller hasn't enabled the discussion forum on the ad.

I would recommend taking the Color DMD and Pinstadium out of your listing price and list them as optional add ons (w/ prices for each of course). This assumes you could put the original DMD back in.

On another note, Shadow is BY FAR the least valuable game I own in a collection of around 15 and it remains my favorite game.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Asking the mods to eject the price police - kindly or not - is a little much, even by butthurt Pinsider standards, as there's absolutely ZERO precedent or justification for that here. You can't ask thousands of dollars beyond the going rate, while claiming you are "liquidating" to keep your wife happy, and not expect some blowback.
Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. We all know what we are getting into when we post a FS ad here. Enjoy the free bumps and attention and bitch back if you like, and move on with your life.

Don't mind price police at all. Just no personal attacks. I was simply trying to be cute about the renovations. Yes, we are going to do some renovations but those will happen with or without selling pins. Besides this and Getaway, the other 6 pins I put on the market are at or below the Pinside "suggest a price" amount.

Quoted from NPO:

I think you are very correct. The first price wasn't up for maybe 30 minutes. My mistake and adjusted it pretty quickly. Obviously, this has not been adjusted enough. I thank you for your very thoughtful reply. I am not trying to scam anyone. I am being very straightforward and if market doesn't hold this price, so be it. Honestly, it has been months since I've played pinball or been on Pinside so have not been in touch with some pricing or what has been going on as much as I used to.

Quoted from pickleric:

I think there is combination of things going on that make people vocal about this listing. I suspect many folks are holding back on comments. As stated above the base condition of the game, i.e. cabinet, playfield, sanctum are not in a condition to get people excited about a premium price. The post started off at $5,500 with a single not so great picture that made it difficult to determine what type of condition this pin was in. People get excited to see a premium example of any pin. When they find out that pin is not in a condition that matches the asking price, there are bound to be some comments. If you post your marketplace ad to the forum, anything can happen with the comments so you have to anticipate this. If you have been around on pinside 5 years it should be pretty apparent how this was going to play out. On the flipside, if you ask a reasonable price for the condition of the pin, the comments can also work in your favor and make for a quick sale. This pin, priced in the mid to low fours with good pictures from the start would have had a totally different reaction and would have most likely had offers quickly and probably sold in a week or less. Some may argue that this is only worth mid to high threes as they don't want to pay anything for mods. As stated by others the DMD will easily get you some value, but the other mods are going need a rare person to pay full price for them. Not saying they are not worth extra value, simply that it will be rather difficult to extract that value in the present market.

Probably very true. Mid $4's would have been a better starting price. Didn't mean to ruffle so many feathers.

Quoted from jkleinnd:

It's a free country, and everyone has a right, and anything is possible, and etc.
But "Firm" is what throws it over for me.... Strictly no other offers for this will be welcomed.

Also reasonable. Will change to "obo".

#42 5 years ago

If my wife told me to sell my pins, I would price them like this as well.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

If my wife told me to sell my pins, I would price them line this as well.

Wife would never tell me to do that. This is a voluntary and non-permanent reduction in my collection. Didn't even list my TWD and probably will keep the couple other pins based on what doesn't sell. Pins don't get played much any more. Not like they used to and all I was thinking was freeing up some cash and doing something whole family will enjoy. Gonna do that anyhow. It is all about fun family time and most of our fun family times are playing outside or watching movies in the theater. Very little family pinball.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

If my wife told me to sell my pins, I would price them like this as well.

Agreed. I'd also price it that way if I needed to replace it with another machine. I'm not sure what machine I'd rather have in it's price range then The Shadow.

#45 5 years ago

Please refrain from personal attacks. You are more than welcome to comment on the seller's price, but there is no need to insult the seller himself.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Please refrain from personal attacks. You are more than welcome to comment on the seller's price, but there is no need to insult the seller himself.

Price policing without personal attacks is far less amusing but rules are rules!

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Price policing without personal attacks is far less amusing but rules are rules!

Oh yeah? Well, I heard you were a Mets Fan!

#48 5 years ago

I have no idea why this thread got so much action when the Getaway one is more ripe.
TTT

#49 5 years ago
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz (resized).jpgzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (resized).jpg
#50 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Oh yeah? Well, I heard you were a Mets Fan!

Even worse. Orioles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-shadow-the-47?hl=alexmogil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.