Photo Oct 03, 10 45 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 44 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 37 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 23 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 10 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 45 00 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 44 52 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 10 44 27 PM (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Not motivated to sell. All these games are nice. Think it's a husband's duty to try..

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Wife would never tell me to do that. This is a voluntary and non-permanent reduction in my collection. Didn't even list my TWD and probably will keep the couple other pins based on what doesn't sell. Pins don't get played much any more. Not like they used to and all I was thinking was freeing up some cash and doing something whole family will enjoy. Gonna do that anyhow. It is all about fun family time and most of our fun family times are playing outside or watching movies in the theater. Very little family pinball.

I'll vouch for this. Your wife was super nice when I picked up JM from you, and you both were extremely inviting and welcoming. I understand and agree that the community has gotten a bit more harsh than it used to be, and I really do think it's the upward pricing making some feel priced out of something that 5 years ago most could afford and enjoy. Definitely starting to cause some internal friction amongst members.

It sure has made me slow down my purchasing, and now when I buy one, it is staying at least for years. Used to buy and sell within 3 months when games were $2000 or so, but now........I make sure I want a game and I hang onto it like gum on a sun-baked street light pole.

#53 5 years ago

The problem people have is not that they over price the games, its that they put $2k in worthless mods on them and expect to get their money back. Many like Powder Coat and bling like that, but for every one person that likes it ten don't. If you take his 2K he says is into the bling heis right on target with what the game is worth. IMO around $3500.

#54 5 years ago

I have not ever seen a pin for sale with aftermarket powder or bling for the “going rate” it’s always had a higher price, so yes....there is added value.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I often wonder if the seller paid too much for the machine and then is trying to "pass it along" to the next sucker, I mean potential buyer, or are they trying to be like the pickers that try to double their money?
Just my ramblings.

It may not be on purpose, but a “this is what I have in it” price. If you got taken in the first place, and then added new stuff - then the initial inflated price is baked in. But this game doesn’t have a bunch of action figures installed on the playfield, it has genuine hardware upgrades in the form of pinsound, speakers, etc. but it’s still a damn high number, I don’t know why everybody is all surprised that people are shocked

#56 5 years ago

This game is just a decal job away from that price (or maybe even the $5500) making sense, IMO. GLWS.

If you have to drop some mods to make the price lower to sell, I'm interested in your Aurich kit, let me know.

#57 5 years ago

Wheres Humanatee

#58 5 years ago

Hey, those Gun Grips Kick Ass! , BUMP!

#59 5 years ago

I purchased a TSPP from VolunteerPin a few years ago, the pin was immaculate and his communication was excellent. For anyone consider taking the plunge on the Shadow he is a great seller.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

I purchased a TSPP from volunteerpin a few years ago, the pin was immaculate and his communication was excellent. For anyone consider taking the plunge on the Shadow he is a great seller.

there's no argument it is a fun game

#61 5 years ago

Where is the chrome???

#62 5 years ago

There is no chrome. I accidentally called this gun metal plating. Actually this is a black nickel plated armor that is not being made any longer.

And, Art, yest the gun handles are sweet!

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

I purchased a TSPP from volunteerpin a few years ago, the pin was immaculate and his communication was excellent. For anyone consider taking the plunge on the Shadow he is a great seller.

I just started looking for a shadow but this price is just not in line. Cab is beat up and the price is 5k? I would consider high 3.

#64 5 years ago

yes, the cab isn't great. the value is in the playfield, mods and black nickel coating which many don't want to pay for and I understand that. Very likely I may simply keep this pin and with a friend of mine do my first re-decal job or touch up. I hope you find a great pin!

#65 5 years ago

accidental post

#66 5 years ago

Titles get hot and go up in price. Look at WH2O. I think we will see TS continue to go up, Remake scare is zero on shadow IMO and it’s one of the best playing pins ever made. Yes, this price is going to be high for most but I do get it. The last thing I’d be concerned about is decals. Easy to fix. GLWTS!

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

yes, the cab isn't great. the value is in the playfield, mods and black nickel coating which many don't want to pay for and I understand that. Very likely I may simply keep this pin and with a friend of mine do my first re-decal job or touch up. I hope you find a great pin!

Probably your best bet, a flawless example would probably bring this price. New decals and a coin door repaint and this game would be superb!

#68 5 years ago

Nice looking Shadow. Really fun game, I'm sure the new owner will enjoy.

1 week later
#69 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

This game is just a decal job away from that price (or maybe even the $5500) making sense, IMO. GLWS.
If you have to drop some mods to make the price lower to sell, I'm interested in your Aurich kit, let me know.

maybe worth low 4's with new decals.

#70 5 years ago

This thread makes me appreciate the Shadow I picked up off a swap and sale page a few weeks ago even more.

GLWTS!

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

maybe worth low 4's with new decals.

Sure maybe, but he does have some nice mods and powdercoating there.

Shadow does seem to be a game on the rise tho, and everyone loves playing it around my place.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-shadow-the-47/page/2?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.