3378A459-A58D-4BCC-BA92-876C7513C3F8.gif
A624232E-8E99-443E-AFB4-B06D6681F6F3.gif
brace-yourself-the-price-police-are-coming.jpg
4816A616-E1BC-451A-8BC9-F2702E8E0D12 (resized).png
20220429_111133 (resized).jpg
20220429_111137 (resized).jpg
20220227_165216 (resized).jpg
20220429_101702 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Shadow, The

Added: 2022-05-02 16:06:18 UTC • Ended: May 6th, 2022
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 8,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

Beautiful game comets titans colordmd mirror blades just cleaned. I have 5 games listed and I'm looking also for the following games

Jjppotc
Wizard of oz
Stranger things premium
Alien

Maybe a few others thanks for looking

Item photos

20220227_165216 (resized).jpg
20220429_101702 (resized).jpg
20220429_111133 (resized).jpg
20220429_111137 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are bumgahdna's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to bumgahdna's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Dothan, AL, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 1 year ago

Price is ridiculous.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Price is ridiculous.

Is it? Seems like I’ve been seeing several Shadows around this price lately. Here are the last three completed. Plus one at $8500 pending.

Full disclosure, I own a Shadow. But the prices have been so high I’ve thought about selling mine to be honest.

4816A616-E1BC-451A-8BC9-F2702E8E0D12 (resized).png4816A616-E1BC-451A-8BC9-F2702E8E0D12 (resized).png
#4 1 year ago

Yes it's ridiculous. And so are those other sales.

Estimated sales are 4k-4600

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You can’t honestly tell me you sell based on the Pinside estimate, right? Everything is WAY up from those values. I’ll take all of the DP Pros you can find at the Pinside estimate of $5500. Literally all of them.

It’s my fault though. I thought you were saying the price was actually ridiculous, not just ridiculous in your mind. We were talking different things.

#6 1 year ago

that Sanctum looks clean af

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

I thought you were saying the price was actually ridiculous, not just ridiculous in your mind. We were talking different things.

No, the price is ridiculous in my mind as well as the majority of collectors, with the exception of you and the other Shadow owners liking your posts.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

No, the price is ridiculous in my mind as well as the majority of collectors, with the exception of you and the other Shadow owners liking your posts.

I agree that the price is crazy high (hence why I said I was thinking of selling) and I would never buy at these prices, but the prices people are getting are telling of the market. You do you man, but to shit on this guy’s post claiming the price is “ridiculous” is just ignorant of current pricing.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

I agree that the price is crazy high (hence why I said I was thinking of selling) and I would never buy at these prices, but the prices people are getting are telling of the market. You do you man, but to shit on this guy’s post claiming the price is “ridiculous” is just ignorant of current pricing.

Totally agree but I'll admit its hard to parse out the "upgrades" from the value. I have a Shadow as well, a bit of sanctum wear but nothing horrible, great shape otherwise. Aurich package and no other "mods" aside from LEDs. Is mine an 8k Shadow? Probably not (IMO) but the archive prices make it hard for me to value since there's ones with pinsound, color dmd, etc. Curious to see where this one lands as I feel like this game has shot up like crazy for some reason.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

is just ignorant of current pricing.

That's just it. CURRENT PRICING IS RIDICULOUS.

THAT'S the issue.

He's asking above NIB pricing for a Williams 90's B level pin.

#11 1 year ago

Anybody care to tell me what the "estimated Pinside value" is on a Bad Cats machine?

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

CURRENT PRICING IS RIDICULOUS.

Yes, yes it is. And yet, apparently people are paying it, so what can you do.

I'd rather my Shadow was worth $3k and the whole market followed suit personally. Won't see me price pumping because I own and love the game.

But I don't think dogpiling any individual sale is going to change the fact that you can ask dumb prices for your games now and they'll still sell.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

Williams 90's B level pin

The whole "B level" thing was always stupid, but it's doubly so now. It's a classic game. It mostly got Alec Baldwin hate, and well, that's been solved lol.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody care to tell me what the "estimated Pinside value" is on a Bad Cats machine?

Probably lower than a restored one.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

That's just it. CURRENT PRICING IS RIDICULOUS.

THAT'S the issue.

The price is only "ridiculous" if you are comparing it to prices from a couple years ago. Current prices are crazy across the board. I can't even believe what I am seeing some games sell for, but as has always been the case, something is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. Time will tell if the price on this particular game is too high for the current market, but there aren't a lot of Shadows floating around out there, especially ones with no sanctum wear. I'd definitely want to see some better photos for $8k, though.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

He's asking above NIB pricing for a Williams 90's B level pin.

A, B, C ... You can label it whatever you want. The fact of the matter is that Shadow is a f***ing awesome game that is way more fun than games that sell for much more money. In my opinion, you should be yelling at the assholes that are paying over $16k for a Stranger Things.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

What was Bad Cats sales valued at when you asked $6500 for yours?

Just curious.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bad-cats-19

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

What was Bad Cats sales valued at when you asked $6500 for yours?
Just curious.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bad-cats-19

Mine was restored. And I think Levi beat you to your “clever” post.

I give up. You guys wanna pay insane prices for pins and not speak up, so be it. Wasting my time.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I give up. You guys wanna pay insane prices for pins and not speak up, so be it. Wasting my time.

I agree that the price is high, but that's also what the market is commanding... apparently. Is The Shadow the new IJ?

The rest of the seller's ads are more than fair. I can't blame him one bit for researching current market value and posting his game to match.

I'll never understand why some games go way up and others don't.

GLWS OP!

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

brace-yourself-the-price-police-are-coming.jpgbrace-yourself-the-price-police-are-coming.jpg

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Nobody wants to pay insane prices, but the market is what the market is. As much as I'd love to see prices return to pre-pandemic levels, it just isn't going to happen as long as the demand outweighs the supply. The good news is that high prices means that our hobby is thriving.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

A624232E-8E99-443E-AFB4-B06D6681F6F3.gifA624232E-8E99-443E-AFB4-B06D6681F6F3.gif
#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

He's on "the list" for a reason. Both of you contribute nothing but negative energy more and more.

As for you and your double standard behavior, you can take a long walk off a short pier, considering you wanted OVER a Pro price at the time of that Bad Cats sale.

Just your responses on page #1 of that thread strongly implied you KNEW you were out of line with that price and had this sense of defiance to the very end. You had 50 posts out of what, 169 posts - almost 30% of that entire thread was you lashing out and defending what you knew was a ridiculous price.

As for market prices: it is happening to ALL of us. It is either pay or don't pay, and some of us WANT to pay what the market asks. I paid $6800 for JP Pro bone fucking stock. Guess what: now the dang game is selling for over $7000. So did I "overpay" ? Maybe in your world, but guess what, I don't live there and don't give a rats ass.

So, get out from 2015 or so and get with the times or stay stuck in the past yelling at clouds.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

He's on "the list" for a reason. Both of you contribute nothing but negative energy more and more.
As for you and your double standard behavior, you can take a long walk off a short pier, considering you wanted OVER a Pro price at the time of that Bad Cats sale.
Just your responses on page #1 of that thread strongly implied you KNEW you were out of line with that price and had this sense of defiance to the very end. You had 50 posts out of what, 169 posts - almost 30% of that entire thread was you lashing out and defending what you knew was a ridiculous price.
Guess what: it is happening to ALL of us. It is either pay or don't pay, and some of us WANT to pay what the market asks. I paid $6800 for JP Pro bone fucking stock. Guess what: now the dang game is selling for over $7000. So did I "overpay" ? Maybe in your world, but guess what, I don't live there and don't give a rats ass.

3378A459-A58D-4BCC-BA92-876C7513C3F8.gif3378A459-A58D-4BCC-BA92-876C7513C3F8.gif
#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Estimated sales are way off, they don't account for all sales, condition, and especially the current market. I'm not sure how much this game should be priced at but it's much higher then $4k - $4600.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Estimated sales are way off, they don't account for all sales, condition, and especially the current market. I'm not sure how much this game should be priced at but it's much higher then $4k - $4600.

The Pinside estimates, at least on popular games, are way out of whack these days because prices have risen so quickly. I bet you could slap an additional 30-40% on to most titles and they would be significantly closer to the actual street price.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Wait, you actually wrote:

"And remember inflation with lumber. Easily $1000 of plywood in this sucker!!"

in your sale ad. That's pretty good.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For WMS games multiply by 1.5 to get in the ballpark. This feature is worthless and should be disabled really. I hate when people trot it out like it has any accuracy or meaning at all.

#28 1 year ago

Price police never retire. They just take jobs in private security.

#29 1 year ago

You get a thumbs up from me for showing proper picture of the sanctum. The number of "mint" Shadows with trashed sanctums.

#30 1 year ago

I am not here to say anything about the price situation... in my book if the seller can get that then more power to him! This crazy price situation will correct itself at some point (won't it????) and then hopefully things will be a bit more realistic.

I did want to put in a good word for this seller, though. I've bought games from him in the past and have always found them to be fairly and accurately represented in his pictures and verbal descriptions.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Partially restored based on the pictures, no where close to fully restored. Pinside estimate is $3050 - $3550 though, that must be right, no where close to the $6,500 asking price. There are a lot of different factors that affect pricing (the new ramps and decals you installed on the game for example) which is why Pinside estimates are not accurate.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Partially restored based on the pictures, no where close to fully restored. Pinside estimate is $3050 - $3550 though, that must be right, no where close to the $6,500 asking price. There are a lot of different factors that affect pricing (the new ramps and decals you installed on the game for example) which is why Pinside estimates are not accurate.

Everybody selling a game has an explanation as to why theirs is way out of the ridiculous "pinside price guide" that is about 5 years out of date, even when they constantly whine about everybody else's "crazy" prices.

"Well, my Bad Cats was restored!!"

"Well, my Shadow has no Sanctum wear!"

"Well, my Shaq Attack was once owned by the big man himself!"

In other words, "my shit don't stink," which we all know is the unofficial Price Police motto. The leadership ranks of the Price Police Force prove this time and time again.

#33 1 year ago

guess i'll shop mine out thats been sitting in the basement unplayed now for 7 yrs.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

guess i'll shop mine out thats been sitting in the basement unplayed now for 7 yrs.

Damn, I mean, either play it or sell for whatever price to someone else, but Shadow is a great game. Anyone looking down on it as a "B" title is a fool in my book.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:Anyone looking down on it as a "B" title is a fool in my book.

Call me a fool all you want. You clearly are obsessed with the game. To each their own.

But to me it doesn't rank amongst the A titles of that time. I found the game boring after awhile and too dark. Just not fun.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You clearly are obsessed with the game.

I'm here to hang out and talk pinball, not going to apologize for saying I enjoy one of my favorite games.

Anyways, Shadow has an upper playfield, that's extra plywood!

#37 1 year ago

Wait, A Shadow sold for $11500 on pinside? Well, might be time to put a ad up.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Call me a fool all you want. You clearly are obsessed with the game. To each their own.
But to me it doesn't rank amongst the A titles of that time. I found the game boring after awhile and too dark. Just not fun.

your opinion is your opinion. But the value of the game is not based on it.

i'll never understand why you feel the need to interject into every FS ad with your input. Just imagine if your neighbor was selling their home, and while standing outside talking to the prospective buyer, you come marching up the driveway yelling "This home is overpriced! Don't buy this! just look at the trailing Avg home sale prices!! Also, this house sucks!". Think about the ass-kicking you'd probably receive, if not just have a harassment report filed against you with the cops.

So why do it here?

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

your opinion is your opinion. But the value of the game is not based on it.
i'll never understand why you feel the need to interject into every FS ad with your input and opinion. Just imagine if your neighbor was selling their home, and while standing outside talking to the prospective buyer, you come marching up the driveway yelling "This home is overpriced! Don't buy this! just look at the trailing Avg home sale prices!! Also, this house sucks!". Think about the ass-kicking you'd probably receive, if not just have a harassment report filed against you with the cops.
So why do it here?

He always says he does it to protect his fellow Pinsider, which is pretty hilarious as he doesn't seem like the most caring type. And ridiculous, as no price cop in the history of pinball has EVER had any affect on the actual selling price of a pinball machine, nor affected the market in any way at all.

The truth is far more banal; it (used to be) fun to be a price cop. You'd pick on someone for selling a $3,000 Toledo, you'd get a ton of upvotes, and a bunch of other dimwits with nothing better to contribute around here would pile on. It was a nice way to pass the time and boost the ego.

Now it just makes you look like a crabby idiot. If current trends continue, a Shadow in gorgeous shape like this one for $8,000 is going to seem CHEAP in a year, like how an IJ in almost any shape would sell for that price in 10 minutes today, whereas a year ago it would have brought out the entire squadron to abuse the seller. Almost every price police thread these days ends with a triumphant "Sale pending" tag and a bunch of officers licking their wounds, praying that it's all a fantasy that some lunatic just spent $9,000 on a Metallica pro, and wondering how the bad guy got away, like Roscoe P Coltrane seeking solace from his basset hound behind the wheel of an overturned Plymouth Fury.

The price police had an AWESOME run, like 10 years of nonstop rule around here. Now their day is done, and it's time to go quietly into that good night, or find another hobby. Like ruining your neighbor's home sales.

#40 1 year ago

If it’s priced too high, then it won’t sell. At the end of the day, the market will dictate the price.

#41 1 year ago

What ever ends up happening with prices or the police can someone still randomly quip
“can you have sex with the coin door?”

That’s one of my all time favorites.

#42 1 year ago

Pretty sure based on the pinside price estimate, The Shadow is the cheapest game in the pinside top 50. Game has been undervalued possibly due to it being based on a bad movie and its difficulty to maintain. But it’s a great player, fantastic playfield art with good animations and sound. Also possibly the best upper playfield in pinball. I regret selling mine.

#43 1 year ago

I sold my disassembled Shadow two months ago for $4000. Completely taken apart for a few years because it was my 3rd one and I had just moved on from it. Pay me $4000 to not put it back together? Yup!

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I sold my disassembled Shadow two months ago for $4000. Completely taken apart for a few years because it was my 3rd one and I had just moved on from it. Pay me $4000 to not put it back together? Yup!

Did you just hand it over in a burlap sack?!

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The Pinside estimates, at least on popular games, are way out of whack these days because prices have risen so quickly. I bet you could slap an additional 30-40% on to most titles and they would be significantly closer to the actual street price.

It would be nice if somehow Pinside could adjust the estimated value to more current prices.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did you just hand it over in a burlap sack?!

Boxes of labeled parts plus a full photo album of disassembly pics. Playfield was stripped down and Sanctum wear filled, but never sanded down smooth and finished.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

It would be nice if somehow Pinside could adjust the estimated value to more current prices.

This is currently being discussed behind the scenes.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is currently being discussed behind the scenes.

Feel sorry for the self-learning algorithms. They'll have to learn to adjust 8 to 15 percent changes each week.

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I’d pay $4k all day long for a complete but disassembled wms

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Feel sorry for the self-learning algorithms. They'll have to learn to adjust 8 to 15 percent changes each week.

Pfft. It's easy. You just take the number of days until Xmas, the delta between $10k and the current price, divide it by the days, and add that every day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-shadow-the-117?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.