031.JPG
024.JPG
008-565.JPG
028.JPG
027.JPG
007.JPG
023.JPG
004.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

re import though..will need usa coin door. add that to the parts cost.

Why?They were all made at the same plant and assembly line. at this price point we are concerned about a coin door?Really?

#52 8 years ago

I know I could never play a game with a single coin slot, like Tron LE.

#53 8 years ago

WTF, is this sold or not? Everyone told me I should just pick it up (and smash the trans-light). I hate driving into NY but I just make a decision, pick-up, pay cash, go away.

I hear he is a good seller, I am a good buyer. Last chance.

#54 8 years ago

You know nothing, please go to another thread..

#55 8 years ago

Nah, my TFTC and DESW (sold) are/were imports and I don't care about that and both are gorgeous machines. This will be restored to the best of my abilities and played and played and played. This coin door looks fine, so I'm not going to touch it except to paint it if needed. I have a set of nice legs to replace these if needed too.

#56 8 years ago

Congrats on the sale!

#57 8 years ago

It's sold. Picking it up Thursday as stated above.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

This is Aurich's alternate trans. Shoot him a PM...but schudel5 trans will be hard to beat!
Shadow-Center.jpg

Shoot her, not him.

#59 8 years ago

It is a ugly one slot coin door but its not a big deal unless you care then u can change it very easily .

#60 8 years ago

I have a few spare coin doors, but the coin door is the least concern on this pin.

My TFTC has the single coin slot and my DESW sold for top dollar with the same coin door. I don't think most people care as long as it looks nice.

#61 8 years ago

I know thats y I said only if you cared ive owned plenty of reimport pins with odd doors lol and really didn't bother me . However when I went to sell some people did tend to care about it

#62 8 years ago

Only thing that I hope isnt permanent is that numbered plate on the apron ? What is that and I hope its not glued or drilled and damaged the apron . I guess thats what they did over seas when outvon route?

#63 8 years ago

yeah i know nothing...lol. i have over 300 machines, and you?

on free play, i guess you deal with it.

if you want to operate it you cant use single slot coin euro doors. they use coin comparators, not coin mechs and the insert plastics are too wide and quarters go in diagonal and rest against the wall and get stuck often.
also you cant add a bill acceptor and there is not a bill acceptor harness from the i/o board like in the usa versions.
also, re imports quite often have wood swelling and damage from the boats. salt and waves.

also, transformer hackery and a host of other issues Plaques, drilled holes, new wood put on backs and bottoms, mini fuses on boards instead of full size 3ag style, gunk on cabinet bottoms, hacked in coin counters..
not trying to step on this post at all and i see it sold, but when people are talking about parts and fixes, the coin door was missed.
idk, maybe its just me but i think it should be mentioned when a game is for sale that its a re-import, not everyone knows what to look for and issues do arise from re-imports.

Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

You know nothing, please go to another thread..

#64 8 years ago

those didnt travel overseas and back and those were made so they could swap out usa coin mechs and bill acceptor harness is inside.
big difference.

\

Quoted from jayhawkai:

I know I could never play a game with a single coin slot, like TRON LE.

#65 8 years ago

doesnt matter that is was made in usa, it went overseas and back on a boat and was made for different voltage and all the other things i mentioned.
re imports are of lesser value as they need more work to bring them back to usa specs. they also just look ugly in a USA lineup with the 3 slot or single slot coin door.
they are always full of smudge, gunk and holes from plaques as well.
why do you think when people buy containers and restore a machine they put on usa coin doors, new legs and a host of other things?

\

Quoted from freddy:

Why?They were all made at the same plant and assembly line. at this price point we are concerned about a coin door?Really?

#66 8 years ago

Silver spinner I agree with some of your re import info as ive had a few . I agree alot have hacks, wood is swelled drilled and just nasty, and anything metal is usually pretty corroded. However ive also had a few that were rather nice but im guessing someone already fixed most of the usual import issues.

#67 8 years ago

you got some down votes,but i agree with you - it looks so much better.

#68 8 years ago

if you want to operate it you cant use single slot coin euro doors. they use coin comparators, not coin mechs and the insert plastics are too wide and quarters go in diagonal and rest against the wall and get stuck often.
also you cant add a bill acceptor and there is not a bill acceptor harness from the i/o board like in the usa versions.
also, re imports quite often have wood swelling and damage from the boats. salt and waves.
also, transformer hackery and a host of other issues Plaques, drilled holes, new wood put on backs and bottoms, mini fuses on boards instead of full size 3ag style, gunk on cabinet bottoms, hacked in coin counters..
not trying to step on this post at all and i see it sold, but when people are talking about parts and fixes, the coin door was missed.
idk, maybe its just me but i think it should be mentioned when a game is for sale that its a re-import, not everyone knows what to look for and issues do arise from re-imports.

Good post. I am one of those that will learn from what you stated regarding re-imports. I will not need to route but it is nice to know the pros and cons.

Tx!

#69 8 years ago

game was a re-import

#70 8 years ago

I agree about letting people know if it's a reimport when selling. I recently sold my DESW and listed the import coin door in the "things you may or may not care about" list. Doesn't bother me at all and I actually like the import coin doors. But yeah, imports can come with other issues, like the TFTC I'm finishing now that doesn't have a service outlet. And for some reason 5v Comet LEDs strips wouldn't light up in the GI sockets of the DESW. So sure, domestic is ideal, but cheapskates can't be choosers.

My focus on this machine is to get the playfield torn down, shopped and repaired. Rob also said he has a few DMDs laying around and we'll find one that works 100% since this one has a line out. Plus I just made $300 on a deal from another hobby, so this is a $1700 Shadow for me. Which still makes it the most $$ I've spent on a pin because I choose to wait for good deals on fixer uppers to play.

I'll make a thread and post pics of the progress.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Gwaxt72:

game was a re-import

A reimport!? Gross. Yuck. Hey current buyer you should back out and I'll buy it instead. I mean, I'm doing you a favor. Get out while you can.

Did I mention that I will heroically buy it instead? I'm a great guy.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Plus I just made $300 on a deal from another hobby, so this is a $1700 Shadow for me.

LOL. You are either Wesley Snipes' accountant or my wife.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I think this is by far the funniest thing I've ever read on Pinside. I almost spit out my coffee.

#74 8 years ago

I paid 3k for my shad. Dmd is fine. Has sanctum decal. No leds when I bought it. Cab is good and pf...including plastics. I think this op price is the deal of the century. Good thing it sold. I was tempted to own two!

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

My mom would come home from shopping, show my dad the receipts with the sale prices and say, "Look at all the money I saved you".

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My mom would come home from shopping, show my dad the receipts with the sale prices and say, "Look at all the money I saved you".

was your dad married to my wife? this sounds o familiar . my reply is you saved 30% but you spent 70%.

#77 8 years ago

Hey the game is sold, so I'm not going to say anything beyond it doesn't really matter if it's a domestic vs reimport. What matters is the condition of the game. I've seen domestic games that were in someone's house by the shore and everything was pitted or corroded and a disaster. And I've also seen reimport games that look as good as the day they were unboxed.

That's nothing to be concerned about. It's all about condition.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

I pcen3k for my shad. Dmd is fine. Has sanctum decal. No leds when I bought it. Cab is good and pf...including plastics. I think this op price is the deal of the century. Good thing it sold. I was tempted to own two!

Not so sure about deal of the century lol there are deals out there just got to find them and put tge work in or just get lucky lol.

#79 8 years ago

It was priced accordingly. Rob prices his pins exactly as they are worth.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

It was priced accordingly. Rob prices his pins exactly as they are worth.

These days, that means it's a great deal!

#81 8 years ago

To me this is a great deal, because I have a max price as to what I'll spend on a pin. Which means I'd never likely own The Shadow or other "higher rated" games. Plus with the $300 profit from a recent non-pin related sale, and needing to sell a pin to make room for TS ($200-$300 profit) - this is a heckuva deal to *me* @ $1500ish out of pocket. But I enjoy doing full tear downs, repairs, and am looking forward to working on that sanctum area, whereas many others wouldn't touch this and would keep looking.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not so sure about deal of the century lol there are deals out there just got to find them and put tge work in or just get lucky lol.

I guess it depends when the 'century' started. If it started today, yes. If it started Jan 1, 2000, then you don't want to know what I paid for mine...

#83 8 years ago

Mine didn't.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

To me this is a great deal, because I have a max price as to what I'll spend on a pin. Which means I'd never likely own The Shadow or other "higher rated" games. Plus with the $300 profit from a recent non-pin related sale, and needing to sell a pin to make room for TS ($200-$300 profit) - this is a heckuva deal to *me* @ $1500ish out of pocket. But I enjoy doing full tear downs, repairs, and am looking forward to working on that sanctum area, whereas many others wouldn't touch this and would keep looking.

Well if you count money made from doing other things hell ive gotten my amazing collection for free?

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well if you count money made from doing other things he'll ive gotten my amazing collection for free?

I believe he's referring to a pinball budget as in "it isn't new money --it was already allocated to pinball"

#86 8 years ago

I recently pulled that sales trick on my wife. I showed her where I saved 20% buying something used. She was impressed.

Not that she's daft; she's a Master of finance. She's just used to me wasting money.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

I believe he's referring to a pinball budget as in "it isn't new money --it was already allocated to pinball"

Exactly. My hobbies pay for themselves as much as possible. So $300 made last week, sitting here as 3 one hundred dollar bills, means I'm taking $1700 out of the pin budget instead of $2000. When I sell a pin next week to make room for TS, then the cost of that pin plus any profit goes right back into the pin budget. So likely I'll be spending $1500 out of the budget instead of $2000.

Just like how I bought my first TFTC for $2000. Yet I didn't spend $2000 of my money because I sold my $500 BK2K for $2000 and then bought the TFTC. So it cost me $500 instead of $2000. Hobby helping to pay for itself.

$400 Party Animal, shopped it and traded it for LW3. Fixed and shopped LW3 and eventually sold it for $1300. That basically paid for another pin plus LEDs and parts.

Not in the hobby for "profit" in my pocket, just to help pay for parts and pins to play.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Exactly. My hobbies pay for themselves as much as possible. So $300 made last week, sitting here as 3 one hundred dollar bills, means I'm taking $1700 out of the pin budget instead of $2000. When I sell a pin next week to make room for TS, then the cost of that pin plus any profit goes right back into the pin budget. So likely I'll be spending $1500 out of the budget instead of $2000.
Just like how I bought my first TFTC for $2000. Yet I didn't spend $2000 of my money because I sold my $500 BK2K for $2000 and then bought the TFTC. So it cost me $500 instead of $2000. Hobby helping to pay for itself.
$400 Party Animal, shopped it and traded it for LW3. Fixed and shopped LW3 and eventually sold it for $1300. That basically paid for another pin plus LEDs and parts.
Not in the hobby for "profit" in my pocket, just to help pay for parts and pins to play.

I've been doing the same exact thing for years

#89 8 years ago

That's how I've built my collection

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

That's how I've built my collection

Yep same here! Elbow grease and some know how from Pinside.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Thats how I built my collection also but on a much grander level lol. Also my other hobbies paid for my pins also .I also have worked on other people's pins to pay for mine .

#92 8 years ago

lockquote cite="#2532601">Yep same here! Elbow grease and some know how from Pinside.

Definitely

#93 8 years ago

Thanks Rob! It was terrific meeting you and getting to hangout in the awesome shop for a bit. Can't wait to get home and get Shadow into my shop....where it will sit a bit until I finish another project.

#94 8 years ago

If you come across a plastic battlefield housing let me know

#95 8 years ago

PoMC if you ever get around to repair that sanctum, here is my quick and dirty guide to help you....GL

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-sanctum-repair-updated#post-2539326

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

PoMC if you ever get around to repair that sanctum, here is my quick and dirty guide to help you....GL
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-sanctum-repair-updated#post-2539326

Wow, nice write-up!. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Boards
PinSound

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-shadow-100-complete-working-machine-1995/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.