20150307_230947.jpg
20150307_230957.jpg
20150307_231013.jpg
20150307_231020.jpg
20150307_231031.jpg
20150307_231105.jpg
20150307_231049.jpg
20150307_231037.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

Selling my minty Tales of the Arabian Nights

Added: 2015-07-12 05:00:55 UTC • Ended: July 12th, 2015
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 6,900

Sad to say, but I am out of room and I have several projects folded waiting my attention. So, time to let a few things go. I already have a few deals in place to move out a couple of titles but the big one on the chopping block is TOTAN

I chased this game for nearly two years... found a minty example... made it even better, and now it's time to move it along.

Here's the breakdown.

-This machine started out as one of the nicest all original TOTAN I have ever seen.
absolutely NO insert ghosting. This is super rare for this title, even on HUO examples. The playfield is pretty much immaculate. No wear in orbs saucer, scoop, tiger magnet or genie magnet and the shooter lane looks great!

-Cabinet was beautiful. No scratches or missing wood anywhere, but it did have a bit of fade on one side. I spent hours touching it up. The entire cab looks new!

-Plastics look new (maybe they are, not sure what the last owner added)

-Ramps look new as well

-The extra bling was added by me. This game has the full brass treatment by Mike Chestnut.
All trim, including the head cabinet hinges, side rails, lockdown bar, legs, shooter rod housing, all cab bolts and so on were brass plated. I also had Mike do the entire apron, wire form ramp, sword guide in shooter lane, fireball magnet holder, ball return plate and I even sent him a brand new skill shot armature to plate... and probably a few other small bits I'm forgetting. The game shines!

-I also added a jeweled spinning lamp (original is also included). I installed a full set of plastic protectors from Pinbits and lots of protective clear vinyl in high wear areas such as the shooter lane, scoop and magnets. I even gave the saucer an extra layer of brush on clear for added protection.

The game comes with custom gold free play cards, new repro manual, original hasps, rare original lockbar and even the interlock interrupter for performing tests with the door open. These are always gone. I swear, if the game didn't have $1 indicators added to the coin slot I would have sworn it was home use. In any case, it didn't spend much time on the road at all by the looks of it. Boards are perfect and the game plays super smooth and fast.
Overall, I’d say the game is almost better than new.

My price is $8500 (Canadian).
For those of you in the US, that's roughly $6900 depending on where you do your banking.

Not looking for trades or lower offers at this time... this is what I have into the game.
However, if you have a nice Bally Heavy Metal Meltdown I may be swayed into a partial trade

And now the pics:

Item photos

20150307_231037.jpg
20150307_231049.jpg
20150307_231105.jpg
20150307_231031.jpg
20150307_231020.jpg
20150307_231013.jpg
20150307_230957.jpg
20150307_230947.jpg
20150307_230859.jpg
20150307_230834.jpg
20150307_230828.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Drano's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Drano's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Item location

Mississauga, ON, CA

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 84.99
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
TOTAN Bazaar Light Out of stock
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
$ 119.99

#2 8 years ago

This is one nice looking TOTAN! GLWTS!

#3 8 years ago

Can you please explain what you mean by no ghosting on the inserts? Does that mean dulling or wear of the playfield insert paint? Heard of ghosting LEDs lol.

I have heard this term being used before but never asked.

thanks,
Rob

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

Can you please explain what you mean by no ghosting on the inserts? Does that mean dulling or wear of the playfield insert paint? Heard of ghosting LEDs lol.
thanks,
Rob

A perfect example from Vids playfield restore guide.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

thanks,
Rob

As shown above, TOTAN and CV are especially prone to this type of insert ghosting. Almost every example I've seen (including HUO ones) usually have some. It's basically the factory clearcoat separating from the playfield and creating an air pocket.

My TOTAN has none that I can see.

#6 8 years ago

I've had a few inquiries from guys that are outside of driving distance asking about transport.

Normally NAVL would be fine but, considering this is cross-border, everyone I've spoken to recommends using FORWARD AIR freight.

If the buyer wants I can get the game on a pallet and even build a crate around it. Just cover my costs to do so. I can drop it off at the Forward Air depot near me.
The buyer would have to pick it up at the nearest FA depot to them, grab the paperwork and get it cleared through customs and then FA releases it to you.
The benefit is that you can clear it through customs yourself instead of paying some overland freight service a brokerage fee.

Hopefully that helps those of you asking about long distance shipping.

You can call FORWARD AIR direct and get a quote.

Thanks

#7 8 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous game, I personally played it and found it to be the best example I have ever seen. Drano is an excellent seller and you can buy with confidence. Someone better grab this quick because I'm starting to get that strange feeling we all get just before we get another pin.

#8 8 years ago

Looks like the price of TOTAN is going down. With all the extras and condition of this game, thinking this would sell for more.

#9 8 years ago

The price of the game isn't dropping, it's due to the lower value of the Canadian dollar right now. The US dollar has a greater buying power when purchasing items in Canada.

#10 8 years ago

Yeah this one won't be lasting too long. Good luck with your sale man

#11 8 years ago

Nice game! GLWTS

#12 8 years ago

Nice. Seems like these don't come up often anymore.

#13 8 years ago

Public Service Announcement: it's mine (ours if you ask Scylla ...)

Keep checking the obituaries for when it will be available next ....

#14 8 years ago

As noted... Game is sold

Thanks for all the interest

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
$ 119.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 37.50
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-selling-my-minty-tales-of-the-arabian-nights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.