IMG_3361 (resized).jpg
IMG_3360 (resized).jpg
IMG_3359 (resized).jpg
IMG_3358 (resized).jpg
IMG_3355 (resized).jpg
IMG_3357 (resized).jpg
IMG_3354 (resized).jpg
IMG_3389 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Seawitch

Added: 2020-07-26 03:25:42 UTC • Ended: August 19th, 2020
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 3,750

Item description

For Sale: A very nice example of one of the most-desirable Stern titles from the early 80's - Seawitch! A full tear-down, bulletproofing, and EXTENSIVE shop job, was just completed - the game looks great, and plays 100%.

Details of the work is as follows:

• RECTIFIER BOARD: The original was badly butchered, had a bad bridge, and the harnesses were cut and soldered directly to the pins. Rather than attempting to salvage the original, which had inherent design flaws from the factory, a brand new replacement from Pinball Life was installed, and new connectors were re-installed on the original harnesses.

• SOLENOID DRIVER BOARD: The two electrolytic filter capacitors were replaced w/new - one diode, three transistors, two resistors, and the trim pot were replaced on the high voltage regulator side - all connector pins were inspected and re-flowed as-needed - the recommended ground modifications were made to the filter caps/test points.

• SOUND BOARD: All electrolytic capacitors were replaced w/new - all connector pins were inspected and re-flowed as-needed

• MPU: When I originally found it, the game was completely dead from battery leakage/alkaline corrosion. I would have loved to have saved the original MPU; however, Stern PCB's simply aren't of the same quality as the old Bally's, and there were so many lifted traced from the corrosion, the board would have turned into a real hack job by the time I had it retraced and booting again. I researched the available replacements, and ended up going with an all-new Weebly replacement. The new board came with an NVRAM pre-installed, and is equipped with a well needed free-play setting. It appear to be a very well constructed direct replacement, and I am very happy with it overall.

• LAMP DRIVER: One faulty 24-pin IC (CD4514) was replaced - all connector pins were inspected and re-flowed as-needed.

• DISPLAYS: All of the connector pins, on all displays, were re-flowed - two questionable pre-drivers on two of the displays were replaced w/new. The original displays are bright and clear, and the voltage at which they run has been reduced to preserve them during future use.

• COIN DOOR: The coin door was removed, stripped, and re-painted - two new coin entry plates, and all new pricing inserts were installed - new "credit button" and "Stern" decals were applied.

• SHOP JOB: Details of the general shop-work completed is as follows:

- All under playfield drop target assemblies were completely removed, dissembled, cleaned, and adjusted. All 11 targets were replaced with new game-correct replacements;

- The knocker assembly was missing from this pin, so a new, WPC style, knocker assembly was installed as a replacement (on-coil diode added to make it compatible);

- A new "Beehive Pinball" PETG play-shield protector/overlay was installed to mitigate some of the subtly sunken inserts, and completely protect the original playfield from future wear;

- A brand new reproduction plastic set (Marco), and new rubber post cap/retainers, were installed;

- All four flippers were completely rebuilt with all new links, stops, plungers, sleeves, bushings, correct Stern flipper bats, and EOS switches;

- The lower left flipper base plate was replaced w/new;

- Due to early Sterns being rather notorious for coil-stop issues, stripped brackets, and broken stop screws; all under-playfield, coil-driven, mechanisms were inspected and permanently repaired as needed;

- All playfield & backbox GI lighting was replaced with new Comet LED's - I went with warm white in the backbox due to all the skin tones in the artwork, and installed cool/natural white bulbs in the playfield (feature lights still incandescent);

- Complete top-side tear-down - all plastic-posts soaked/hand-scrubbed;

- Playfield extensively cleaned, polished, and waxed;

- Playfield rubbers were replaced with a full Titan silicone set. Light blue for the rings, and dark blue on all four flippers;

- New original-style instruction/pricing cards (printed on glossy card-stock);

- New chrome, non-ribbed, legs, levelers and bolts installed;

- New grounded cord plug installed;

- New pinball installed; and

- New backbox lock installed.

Please review the pictures for additional condition details, and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, or if you would like to see supplementary photos with any specific detail. The original playfield, which is notoriously worn on this title, presents very well overall, particularly with the added shine afforded to it through the PTEG protector. That said, sunken inserts have caused subtle wear in a few areas, and historically blown out flippers once caused noticeable flipper swipe in two spots. The original back glass presents very well, but does show its age, and has a couple scratches. The cabinet is quite nice overall, is bright/un-faded, and largely clean/undamaged for a game of this age.

Item photos

IMG_3365 (resized).jpg
IMG_3366 (resized).jpg
IMG_3367 (resized).jpg
IMG_3368 (resized).jpg
IMG_3369 (resized).jpg
IMG_3370 (resized).jpg
IMG_3371 (resized).jpg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpg
IMG_3381 (resized).jpg
IMG_3384 (resized).jpg
IMG_3385 (resized).jpg
IMG_3372 (resized).jpg
IMG_3362 (resized).jpg
IMG_3361 (resized).jpg
IMG_3360 (resized).jpg
IMG_3363 (resized).jpg
IMG_3364 (resized).jpg
IMG_3380 (resized).jpg
IMG_3374 (resized).jpg
IMG_3373 (resized).jpg
IMG_3389 (resized).jpg
IMG_3387 (resized).jpg
IMG_3386 (resized).jpg
IMG_3354 (resized).jpg
IMG_3355 (resized).jpg
IMG_3357 (resized).jpg
IMG_3358 (resized).jpg
IMG_3359 (resized).jpg
IMG_3375 (resized).jpg
IMG_3376 (resized).jpg
IMG_3377 (resized).jpg
IMG_3378 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are PSUTownie's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to PSUTownie's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Bellefonte, PA, US

1 week later
#2 3 years ago

Bump, and price drop to $3750.

#3 3 years ago

looks great man. I am about to put a protector on my big game to see how i like it before sending it off for touch and clear.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

looks great man. I am about to put a protector on my big game to see how i like it before sending it off for touch and clear.

Thanks man, this one ended up turning into a little larger of a project, and a money pit, than I originally anticipated... but I am very happy with how it turned out, and how it now plays! The protector I got was not exactly “drop on” ready, and did take some slight modification in a few areas to get it to fit right, but overall it was fairly strait forward. I would do it again though, it’s a good solution for these nice original playfields. Good luck with your Big Game!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-seawitch-14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.