DSC09975_(resized).jpeg
DSC09959_(resized).jpeg
DSC09957_(resized).jpeg
DSC09955_(resized).jpeg
DSC09954_(resized).jpeg
DSC09952_(resized).jpeg
DSC07220_(resized).jpeg
DSC07219_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Scared Stiff Really nice w/ Lots of extras

Added: 2016-08-14 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (October 4th, 2016) • Ended: October 4th, 2016
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 5,800

Scared Stiff

Grading is really subjective but this is how I'd classify this game.
It isn't quite as nice as a high-end-restore would be but is too nice to be a run-of-the-mill player's quality game. So, somewhere between there.

The playfield has some insert wear on the bolts and has been decal'd at the terrifying insert kick-out point. Lots of stuff going right for this pin:

Standard DMD
(ColorDMD is pictured and I can optionally include it for an add'l + $375)

Cointaker LED's (and some Comet Color-changers)
New Coin Door
New Ramps
GITD Bony Beast plastics from Planetary Pinball
Mind Orbits-Style Color Changing Shooter Rod
LED Skull Pile Mod
Dancing Boogeyman Kicker Arm Extensions
Bony LED Mod (something I came up with)
Tilt Graphics Gameblades
Lots of spare parts:

Extra Bony Beast
Extra Boogey Men
Extra Ramps
-(scratched and cloudy but could be restored, I planned to but never got to it)
Full planetary pinball plastic set (minus (2, i believe it was) plastics that I couldn't clean or fix when I did the restore

The game is running a RD power board. She came to me without a power board at all. No complaints on the RD, though. She's been running fine. There are a couple of scuffs and chips in the back box / head - which are pictured.

42 megapixel stills of it can be seen here:
http://images.eyedyllic.com/Hobbies/Scared-Stiff/n-rXMVNB/i-3hVVvcw

Updated pricing options:

$5,800 for the game and all extra accessories
- With a Standard DMD

Optionally:
Add $375 for the ColorDMD, as pictured.

Add $700, I have a NIB Mirco/HCP-Clearcoated extra playfield

I bought the spare playfield with intention of doing a playfield swap at some point in the future but the playfield on the game cleaned up better than I expected.

I'm looking to sell the pin to thin my workload a bit. I keep a pretty rigorous work schedule and I feel like I spend all of my time cleaning and fussing-over pins rather than playing them. Going to thin the herd a bit..

Can ship STI / NAVL - you make arrangements and pay. You can also pick up at ZipCode 36527. It is in an air conditioned walk-out basement.

I can pallet the game, as well, for shipping - for an additional $175 to cover materials to it properly.

Item photos

DSC00011_(resized).jpeg
DSC00003_(resized).jpeg
DSC00004_(resized).jpeg
DSC00013_(resized).jpeg
DSC09957_(resized).jpeg
DSC09965_(resized).jpeg
DSC09969_(resized).jpeg
DSC09973_(resized).jpeg
DSC09985_(resized).jpeg
DSC09951_(resized).jpeg
DSC09986_(resized).jpeg
DSC09994_(resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are visi0n's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to visi0n's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 6,000

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Spanish Fort, AL, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 49.00
£ 37.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

#2 7 years ago

Playfield video (be sure to click 4k resolution)

#3 7 years ago

DSC00003_(resized).jpegDSC00003_(resized).jpeg

DSC00005_(resized).jpegDSC00005_(resized).jpeg

DSC00015_(resized).jpegDSC00015_(resized).jpeg

DSC07210_(resized).jpegDSC07210_(resized).jpeg

DSC09973_(resized).jpegDSC09973_(resized).jpeg

DSC09969_(resized).jpegDSC09969_(resized).jpeg

DSC09986_(resized).jpegDSC09986_(resized).jpeg

DSC09985_(resized).jpegDSC09985_(resized).jpeg

DSC09987_(resized).jpegDSC09987_(resized).jpeg

DSC09989_(resized).jpegDSC09989_(resized).jpeg

#4 7 years ago

DSC07214_(resized).jpegDSC07214_(resized).jpeg

DSC07215_(resized).jpegDSC07215_(resized).jpeg

DSC07216_(resized).jpegDSC07216_(resized).jpeg

DSC07219_(resized).jpegDSC07219_(resized).jpeg

DSC07220_(resized).jpegDSC07220_(resized).jpeg

DSC09952_(resized).jpegDSC09952_(resized).jpeg

DSC09954_(resized).jpegDSC09954_(resized).jpeg

DSC09955_(resized).jpegDSC09955_(resized).jpeg

DSC09957_(resized).jpegDSC09957_(resized).jpeg

DSC09959_(resized).jpegDSC09959_(resized).jpeg

#5 7 years ago

DSC09975_(resized).jpegDSC09975_(resized).jpeg

DSC09976_(resized).jpegDSC09976_(resized).jpeg

DSC09977_(resized).jpegDSC09977_(resized).jpeg

DSC09979_(resized).jpegDSC09979_(resized).jpeg

DSC09980_(resized).jpegDSC09980_(resized).jpeg

DSC09978_(resized).jpegDSC09978_(resized).jpeg

DSC09983_(resized).jpegDSC09983_(resized).jpeg

DSC09999_(resized).jpegDSC09999_(resized).jpeg

DSC09986_(resized).jpegDSC09986_(resized).jpeg

#6 7 years ago

really nice pin. If I didn't have GB on the way, I would be all over this. GLWS

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

really nice pin. If I didn't have GB on the way, I would be all over this. GLWS

Thanks! It's funny I originally bought this game with intent to restore it, sell it and buy a ghostbusters next. Once I finished the restore I ended up liking it more than I expected (still ended up pre ordering a GB though).

I'm trying to get down to 3-4 pins from 7 and refocus my gameroom a little bit back to its original purpose. Don't know how the folks with 10-30 pins do it. That's too many children for me

#8 7 years ago

Added up what I have in it and adjusted the price down a little accordingly.

#9 7 years ago

Finally worked out my firm pricing as I went back and figured out more or less what all of the stuff is that I bought new for the restore, check it out:

New Coin Door
Misc. Cointaker and Comet LED's
Boney Beast LED
WPC-95 Power Tap to make it all tidy
ColorDMD
New Legs
Boney Glow Set
Ramp Flap Kit
Bat Ramp from Little Shop of Games
Boney Beast Ramp (I got the last one from Marco)
Pinball Life Lit Buttons
Cointaker / MindOrbit LED Shooter Knob
Skull Pile and Boogeyman Kit w/ Spare Boogeys

The only two things left that I didn't do as part of the restore, was I intended to replace the RD Power Board with a WPC-95 Power board, just for orginality-sake and I intended to do the playfield swap at some point but the existing playfield cleaned up after the mylar pull better than I expected, minus the insert wear.

All-in from what I paid for the game (bought it from an operator's collection) and new parts, I think I have about $7200 in the game as it sits, so I'm dropping the price accordingly.

$7200 for the game, all accessories, ColorDMD and Spare Playfield
$6825 for the game, all accessories, StandardDMD and Spare Playfield
- shipping (seperately) for the playfield will be your responsibility if the game is shipped. $75 is a good estimate for that.

-Subtract $800 for the game without the spare playfield from either option above.

#10 7 years ago

hmmmm

#11 7 years ago

I'd really like a Scared Stiff, and yours looks very nice. Too bad prices have gotten so crazy I'll never be able to afford one.

Good luck with the sale.

#12 7 years ago

Happy Friday!

Slight price adjustment bump.

$7000 for the game, all accessories, ColorDMD and Spare Playfield
- $6400, without spare playfield

$6600 for the game, all accessories, Standard DMD and Spare Playfield
- $6000, without spare playfield

Basically came down $200 but altered the playfield 'incentive' to favor a all-in-on-sale.

Will probably let it ride at this for awhile. If she doesn't sell, I guess that means she'll have to stay

#13 7 years ago

Be patient it's summer someone will pick this up for that price. I have one in my collection had it for 10 years now

#14 7 years ago

Mine would never leave for that price. I think your buyer will come along. Anyone looking g for one knows that this is a fair price.

#15 7 years ago

hi,

thanks for all the effort put into this pin.
i may have missed it (apologies in advance ), but could you share (or point me to the existing pix) where the playfield wear-spots are?

thank you

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

hi,
thanks for all the effort put into this pin.
i may have missed it (apologies in advance ), but could you share (or point me to the existing pix) where the playfield wear-spots are?
thank you

Sure thing! So the Terrifying scoop kick out point was redecal'd. The decal didn't cover all of the wear, so there is matching red decals covering other parts of the wear. You don't notice at all from the players position or most positions but this was the most unflattering light of it:

http://images.eyedyllic.com/Hobbies/Scared-Stiff/n-rXMVNB/i-G6JnTS4/O

The shot is blurry but at 100% zoom you can see where the mylar over the decals there is a gap or slight raise where the red is slightly taller than the rest of the surrounding area and the mylar over it shows the gap a little bit..

The lightning bolts have insert wear. I have decals but didn't apply them. :

http://images.eyedyllic.com/Hobbies/Scared-Stiff/n-rXMVNB/i-QJpVL8G/O

1, 2 and 3 leaper insert numbers have some wear in the number:

http://images.eyedyllic.com/Hobbies/Scared-Stiff/n-rXMVNB/i-N94kvJm/O

http://images.eyedyllic.com/Hobbies/Scared-Stiff/n-rXMVNB/i-6cSJ8xR/O

you can see some wear around the black on the levels of the stiff o meter in that last shot. I'd actually never even noticed that until this picture but whatever..

Full 42 Megapixel photo of the playfield under harsh work light: http://images.eyedyllic.com/Hobbies/Scared-Stiff/n-rXMVNB/i-JHsstXs/O

I did a mylar pull and cleaned the game up when I got it. I bought the playfield before that and planned to do a swap immediately.

As I started cleaning, the existing playfield cleaned up well enough, so I just tabled the playfield swap as my OCD getting in the way of my enjoyment, so I keep it waxed and play it as is. Even considered sending this old playfield to an artist friend to have her fix the inserts with her steady hand and detailed eye but time constraints and too many other projects...

I'm not like super-duper motivated or hurting for cash at this point, either. Biggest thing is I want to reorganize the space a bit and I had to reduce from 7 pins to do that. The other two games I just sold at least enables me to get started on that. If Elvira has to stay around for a bit longer, I can think of worse company to keep.

I'll leave the ad up like this maybe through the end of August, if no takers in that time I'm sure I can find her a place to hang out.

FWIW, I tallied my totals and I'm $7900 in the pin as it sits today. So, I get that pin prices have gotten crazy. I tend to loose a little money about everytime I sell one but I have alot of fun with it too and learn plenty along the way, so that's worth something to me, I just try to be as fair as I can to others when I go to sell a pin.

A little about me, if it helps put perspective:

I felt taken advantage of on a few of my first game purchases, so I try to be as honest and clear as I can without overselling anything condition-wise. I have some friends that think this pin is perfect. I have other friends that could point every flaw out. I'm pretty OCD about condition, which means I tend to keep games looking nice but I also am aware that I can deploy my mental-blinders at times, not in dishonesty but to avoid locking on and obsessing over a flaw.

At the end of the day, it's a twenty year old game and I'm not Ron Kruzman

#17 7 years ago

This is one of those "If I didn't already have a SS" scenarios for me. GLWS.

#18 7 years ago

Scared Stiff and my ultra mint Gravitar are two games that will never leave my house. Someone will love this one...looks great. glws...I've gotta put in a colour dmd, that looks fantastic.

#19 7 years ago

seller seems really nice and up front. I can't imagine someone being disappointed with this. If I had an extra slot, I would be all over it.

1 week later
#20 7 years ago

Thought we had her sold this week but local deal fell through last night (his pin buyer backed out) so he couldn't sell, then buy. So, Scared Stiff is back on the market again. Since I sold two of the other pins and have some space until my GB arrives (October seems to be the current rumor?)

I would also be interested in a trade for a TOTAN, MMR or a Nice Williams IJ.

#21 7 years ago

Semi local sale pending from Facebook cross-post, will update the ad whichever way it goes..

#22 7 years ago

Another sell fell through where the potential buyer needed to sell a pin and their pin sell fell through. Trickle-down pin-o-nomics? I also adjusted the listing pricing / options a bit.

Happy Thursday ahead of a holiday weekend, hoping to get some overdue quality time with my pins this weekend.

#23 7 years ago

Dang it, why don't folks like you live in my neck of the woods? If you were in driveable distance I would probably be all over this.

GLWS!

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Dang it, why don't folks like you live in my neck of the woods? If you were in driveable distance I would probably be all over this.
GLWS!

I hear ya - On the gulf coast we are definitely in a bit of a pinball desert, sadly. It's getting better though.. local clubs popping up, more tournaments and shows...

1 week later
#25 7 years ago

Gads, this is getting to the point of getting me to think I should have two.......

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

Gads, this is getting to the point of getting me to think I should have two.......

Two Scared Stiffs? Nobody has two Scared Stiffs.

#27 7 years ago

All about the timing....man, great looking game. "Wish I could buy" free bump.

#28 7 years ago

Thanks for the kind words on this one. Scared Stiff has found a new home, when she ships at the end of the month and lands with her new owner, I'll close the listing.

It was a fun pin to own, for sure - but I'm definitely looking forward to freshening up my small line up a bit.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Thanks for the kind words on this one. Scared Stiff has found a new home, when she ships at the end of the month and lands with her new owner, I'll close the listing.

Congrats on the quick sale. Game looked great, new owner will be really happy for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 38.00
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 249.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

£ 49.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 37.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 38.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-scared-stiff-really-nice-w-lots-of-extras and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.