(Topic ID: 165902)

For sale: HEP Scared Stiff (Bally, 1996)

By Saveleaningtower

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cigar-99_(resized).jpg
tres-chrysler-300-hemi-c-it-52-1024x680_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
d9d686ec4ceaff9952e4de52e4a4e6af0e16a1f4_(resized).jpg
8d19d686318358e80032f1d52aa7e5f4917ca987_(resized).jpg
1rio_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
wonka_suspence_(resized).png
e7e7609538d42f55451cccf500da7329c36939c5_(resized).jpg
d3e897f265d7a1682ba38765bd7b745b6900f578_(resized).jpg
df0a5c4776b9bb4be6dfb07e14c58aa6132c2287_(resized).jpg
4a54557759948dd9482d6952d6913e2a87fcf58f_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#24 7 years ago

I recently bought a HEP LOTR on the secondary market. The craftsmanship is second to none. You can tell that every little detail was looked at and thought about. He somehow made what can feel like a clunky cheaply made game feel really solid and smooth. If you have plenty of extra cash his games are hard to beat. Is it worth it, to some yes, to others no. Just like most things in life you get what you pay for.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Being sarcastic or not, what the fucking difference will it make and who the fuckin cares of what I think about nj, ny, and the us? I'm just a minority here on pinside among all you oversensitive/sissy woz owners/pokemon players/drama queens!

Are you OK? You seem a bit angry to be in the best place on the planet

Some people like you spend thousands traveling, some people spend it on pinball machines, some people keep it in banks and get comfort out of knowing its there. Who cares what anyone else does with their money.

#114 7 years ago

The dreaded algae bloom that all pool owners hate. It just needs about 10K in chemicals and a good vacuuming and all will be good as new.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Who the hell would jump into this shit ! If an accident happened how would you be able to find the Diver in time.

I would without thinking a thing about it. It's just an algae bloom.

Quoted from whthrs166:

Looks like toxic algae to me!

I take it you have never swam in a lake.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

In my experience, the person who pays $2000 for a bottle of wine falls into the "more money than sense" category. Or is trying to prove something ...

It all just depends on what you like in life. I wouldn't spend that much on a bottle but I also don't blink at spending $200 on a nice bottle. If someone's passion in life is wine why do they not have sense or are trying to prove something if that is what they love and enjoy. If you took what you have spent on pins, travel for pinball stuff, etc you could have an amazing wine cellar stocked with a lifetime of really good bottles. What would be the difference between that and owning a bunch of pinball machines?

Since we are for the most part all grown men in this hobby that spend $1000-$10000 on each of these toys we probably shouldn't be judging how anyone else on the planet spends their hard earned money

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

That's true. Once you drink the wine or champagne it's pee.

It's the time between removing the cork and turning it to urine that you get the value

Lots of nights I'd much rather open a good bottle then play pinball. Lots of nights I do both. Throw in some 3 floyds beer instead of wine on a few nights and you have a winning combination

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Some good points.
I was more referring to the dude who orders a $2000 bottle at a restaurant. The collecting side, I understand that a bit more.
Although, personally I don't see the buzz in collecting something that you can't "enjoy" while you own it. A pinball you can improve and play, a car you can improve and drive, a guitar you can improve and play ... A bottle of wine you can stare at, while it taunts you "you can't drink me" lol. Lame hobby.
rd

All very true, that's why you collect wine and pins . That 100-120% mark up at restaurants suck. That 2K bottle is really worth about $900.

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

When it was made, it was more like $1.
According to my buddy in the industry, a whole case of wine (12 bottles) costs less than $4 to make.
Huuuuuuge markups across the whole industry.
rd

Cakebread is seriously overcharging me if that is the case

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Good buying. Burger King has 10 nuggets for $3 here at the moment. It almosts tempts me to go to BK.
rd

They had 10 for $1.49 at BK in the US recently. There could be some chicken in there if you look hard enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 249.00
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 38.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-scared-stiff-bally-1996-2011?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.