(Topic ID: 165902)

For sale: HEP Scared Stiff (Bally, 1996)

By Saveleaningtower

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cigar-99_(resized).jpg
tres-chrysler-300-hemi-c-it-52-1024x680_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
d9d686ec4ceaff9952e4de52e4a4e6af0e16a1f4_(resized).jpg
8d19d686318358e80032f1d52aa7e5f4917ca987_(resized).jpg
1rio_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
wonka_suspence_(resized).png
e7e7609538d42f55451cccf500da7329c36939c5_(resized).jpg
d3e897f265d7a1682ba38765bd7b745b6900f578_(resized).jpg
df0a5c4776b9bb4be6dfb07e14c58aa6132c2287_(resized).jpg
4a54557759948dd9482d6952d6913e2a87fcf58f_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Can you imagine what the humidity is doing to those games?

No humidity. Rio's perfect. And so is your Scared Stiff.

(See what I did there???)

#102 7 years ago

And amendes knows what HEP is.....he posted in the T2HEP thread the other day. Just another troll with nothing better to do.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I also would have accepted "Detroit."

Easy brother... keep the negativity south of the border. Motown is coming back - didn't you hear?

GLWTS - what a beautiful SS.

#104 7 years ago

Selling a HEP game is like selling a beautifully restored car, you just are not going to get out every last $ that you paid; only a matter of how much of a hit you are willing to take. Been there, done that with cars and unless it is rare, you will take a hit! Having said that, being the one having the work done is all part of the experience as you make the decision on exactly what you want done. So, a fresh restore makes it your own, a restore done earlier gets you the game faster and at a reduced cost.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Selling a HEP game is like selling a beautifully restored car, you just are not going to get out every last $ that you paid; only a matter of how much of a hit you are willing to take. Been there, done that with cars and unless it is rare, you will take a hit! Having said that, being the one having the work done is all part of the experience as you make the decision on exactly what you want done. So, a fresh restore makes it your own, a restore done earlier gets you the game faster and at a reduced cost.

Yeah. That's why I slapped 13500 obro. I've had a few offers but I need a little more to finalize a deal.

#106 7 years ago

My experience with HEP games is your best shot to get most if your money back comes in the first 6-10 months and you can even get more than you paid if you want to sell it as soon as you bring it home as there are those who "must have it now" and are willing to pay! I could never bring my self to let one go like that; was tempted once but I kept the game for 3 years then took a 30% hit when I sold it. They are like news cars in a way, drive it out if the showroom and you drop 10-15% right off the bat! Now having said all that, I will get another game restored as I love the process and am just amazed at the work HEP does!

#107 7 years ago

Ha hahahahaha....

Ok, we officially have to add this to 1 of the funniest threads, thread. Haven't seen that pop up in a while.

Think I might have to buy this pin just to tamper down all the entertainment.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Ha hahahahaha....
Ok, we officially have to add this to 1 of the funniest threads, thread. Haven't seen that pop up in a while.
Think I might have to buy this pin just to tamper down all the entertainment.

Lap, you know my posts always become a shit show and I didn't even start it this time. Also, you get a discount if you really want it. Ant.

#109 7 years ago

Wow...i remember someone besides kaneda blowing up recently on here. I can't recall his name, but he made insane videos mocking pinside and such. Looks like we have our next contestant!

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Wow...i remember someone besides kaneda blow up recently on here. I can't recall his name, but he made insane videos mocking pinside and such. Looks like we have our next contestant!

Lol. That guy was awesome. Our boy from Brazil is gone. I thought he got the eject but last I checked he wasn't thrown out. Anyway, back to selling this game. Realistically, offers have to be five figures. Thanks. Ant.

#111 7 years ago

Lol. That guy was awesome. Our boy from Brazil is gone. I thought he got the eject but last I checked he wasn't thrown out. Anyway, back to selling this game. Realistically, offers have to be five figures. Thanks. Ant.

do commas count as one of the figures

#112 7 years ago

A " why the Fuck is that pool water green?" bump! Lol. Rio is awesome.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#113 7 years ago

It's lime Jello, to help reduce splashes when diving. It's not used in the lap pool for obvious reasons.

#114 7 years ago

The dreaded algae bloom that all pool owners hate. It just needs about 10K in chemicals and a good vacuuming and all will be good as new.

#115 7 years ago

Easy to say that pool is 600,000 gallons!

#116 7 years ago

Who the hell would jump into this shit ! If an accident happened how would you be able to find the Diver in time.

#117 7 years ago

Looks like toxic algae to me!

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Who the hell would jump into this shit ! If an accident happened how would you be able to find the Diver in time.

I would without thinking a thing about it. It's just an algae bloom.

Quoted from whthrs166:

Looks like toxic algae to me!

I take it you have never swam in a lake.

#119 7 years ago

Looks like the locals drank too much purple Gatorade or ate too many black bun Halloween Whoppers.

#120 7 years ago

A " why the Fuck is that pool water green?" bump! Lol. Rio is awesome.

it's a shout-out to the ghostbusters LE trim package.

(bump in the night)

#121 7 years ago

Can't we all just get along?

#122 7 years ago

No. Where's the fun in that?

#123 7 years ago

If you want the best, you have to pay for the best. There are $10 bottles of wine and their $2,000 bottles of wine. The person that drinks a $10 bottle does not know the difference. A person that drinks a $2,000 of wine knows the difference, and appreciates the difference. I would never pay more then $30 for a bottle of wine.

Cars are a bit different. I will pay $60,000 for a Mercedes, but I would never pay $250,000 for a Royals Royce.

Often I find to get a 10% improvement in an item you have to double the price.

I have no question of the quality of a HEP, and I wish I could own one, but I cannot justify that price. Just because I cannot justify it does not mean I don't think it is worth it.

But most of those $10 bottle of wine people think their wine is great, and can not even understand a $2,000 bottle of wine.

Just because you cannot justify the price, or undersatnd the price, don't put it down.

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

but I would never pay $250,000 for a Royals Royce

Rolls

#125 7 years ago

Rolezzz

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The dreaded algae bloom that all pool owners hate. It just needs about 10K in chemicals and a good vacuuming and all will be good as new.

Or get a big ass sucker fish.

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Besides, you wouldn't be able to afford.

I heard those Zika virus bills ARE pretty expensive...

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or get a big ass sucker fish.

a couple of 70 lb plecostomus oughta do the trick...

#130 7 years ago

or what i like to call... the bros royce

tres-chrysler-300-hemi-c-it-52-1024x680_(resized).jpgtres-chrysler-300-hemi-c-it-52-1024x680_(resized).jpg

#131 7 years ago

Game looks fantastic, and the price seems quite good for what it is!
I'm betting the crate kickout is working perfectly too, unlike mine.

#132 7 years ago

A person that drinks a $2,000 of wine knows the difference, and appreciates the difference.

In my experience, the person who pays $2000 for a bottle of wine falls into the "more money than sense" category. Or is trying to prove something ...

I would never pay more then $30 for a bottle of wine.

Good move. A friend of mine works in wine and he told he how much it costs to make a box of wine. Let's just say that it was in the "few dollars" range.

Back to the pin for sale..!!!

rd

#134 7 years ago

Lol Boob. Another pool did turn green today BUMP.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

In my experience, the person who pays $2000 for a bottle of wine falls into the "more money than sense" category. Or is trying to prove something ...

Good move. A friend of mine works in wine and he told he how much it costs to make a box of wine. Let's just say that it was in the "few dollars" range.
Back to the pin for sale..!!!
rd

yummm.... box wine

#136 7 years ago

Lol from Menudo

Well, it's 3:40 PM here yet, but later tonight I'll hop in my 2015 C63 AMG (feel free to google it because you may not know what it is), and will share a US$ 100.00 bottle of wine with my beautiful blonde wife

#137 7 years ago

I thought we were talking about a $10k Tz over here...

#138 7 years ago

Lol from Menudo
Well, it's 3:40 PM here yet, but later tonight I'll hop in my 2015 C63 AMG (feel free to google it because you may not know what it is), and will share a US$ 100.00 bottle of wine with my beautiful blonde wife

...and a cigar ?

#139 7 years ago

Nah. I'll just end up being ejected again.

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

...and a cigar ?

She's not blonde

#141 7 years ago

she is in the dark

#142 7 years ago

This is sold. Pick up next week and will pay my fee along with my regular donation. Price will only be disclosed if buyer agrees. Thanks Pinside.

#143 7 years ago

Thanks for the thumbs up guys.

#144 7 years ago

This is sold. Pick up next week and will pay my fee along with my regular donation. Price will only be disclosed if buyer agrees. Thanks Pinside.

Congrats on the sell. Game looks amazing, I'm sure the buyer will enjoy it. Yes, please see if he will disclose final price for Pinside archive.

#145 7 years ago

Thanks tiger. You one of the good guys too.

#146 7 years ago

Buyer would like selling price to remain private.

#148 7 years ago

The passion for both hobbys could indeed lead to quite the investment Dave.
We should be friends.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It all just depends on what you like in life. I wouldn't spend that much on a bottle but I also don't blink at spending $200 on a nice bottle. If someone's passion in life is wine why do they not have sense or are trying to prove something if that is what they love and enjoy. If you took what you have spent on pins, travel for pinball stuff, etc you could have an amazing wine cellar stocked with a lifetime of really good bottles. What would be the difference between that and owning a bunch of pinball machines?

Since we are for the most part all grown men in this hobby that spend $1000-$10000 on each of these toys we probably shouldn't be judging how anyone else on the planet spends their hard earned money

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It all just depends on what you like in life. I wouldn't spend that much on a bottle but I also don't blink at spending $200 on a nice bottle. If someone's passion in life is wine why do they not have sense or are trying to prove something if that is what they love and enjoy. If you took what you have spent on pins, travel for pinball stuff, etc you could have an amazing wine cellar stocked with a lifetime of really good bottles. What would be the difference between that and owning a bunch of pinball machines?
Since we are for the most part all grown men in this hobby that spend $1000-$10000 on each of these toys we probably shouldn't be judging how anyone else on the planet spends their hard earned money

yeah, but pinball machines are investments
hehehe...

glug glug glug

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 38.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 249.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 49.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

£ 39.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-scared-stiff-bally-1996-2011/page/3?hl=pinsrgrt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.