(Topic ID: 165902)

For sale: HEP Scared Stiff (Bally, 1996)

By Saveleaningtower

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cigar-99_(resized).jpg
tres-chrysler-300-hemi-c-it-52-1024x680_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
d9d686ec4ceaff9952e4de52e4a4e6af0e16a1f4_(resized).jpg
8d19d686318358e80032f1d52aa7e5f4917ca987_(resized).jpg
1rio_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
wonka_suspence_(resized).png
e7e7609538d42f55451cccf500da7329c36939c5_(resized).jpg
d3e897f265d7a1682ba38765bd7b745b6900f578_(resized).jpg
df0a5c4776b9bb4be6dfb07e14c58aa6132c2287_(resized).jpg
4a54557759948dd9482d6952d6913e2a87fcf58f_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: HEP Scared Stiff (Bally, 1996)

Added: 2016-08-07 18:48:44 UTC • Ended: August 14th, 2016
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 13,500

Item description

Warning - put on your sunglasses before you look at these pics. HEP Scared Stiff with color dmd and leds. No wait. Get it now. Perfect. Easy out from my walkout game room. Haven't played it more than max 25 times since I got it back. Just took these pics today. Price is OBRO. If you need more pics let me know. Thanks for looking. Ant.

Item photos

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Saveleaningtower's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Saveleaningtower's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Morristown , Nj, US

#2 7 years ago

Nice driveway and pin. GLWTS!

#3 7 years ago

I saw this game (and all of his other stuff) today while picking up a game...wow!

This scared stiff is truly nicer than new. Just gorgeous!

#4 7 years ago

Thanks Levi. You were a pleasure to deal with. Hope to see you soon. Ant.

#5 7 years ago

Purdy. GLWS

#6 7 years ago

Yeah. What jkashani said. Nice driveway! I noticed that first. The pin isn't too shabby, either!

GLWYS

#7 7 years ago

Thanks guys. Changing the advertisement - huo driveway for sale. Lol.

#8 7 years ago

Wasn't TEEKEE looking for HEP games not too long ago????

Quick...SEND MONEY NOW!!!

For anyone that has not seen a HEP restored game in person pictures don't do it justice. Seeing one in person is the only way to see all the fine details and personal touches that go into a HEP restoration.

GLWTS!

#9 7 years ago

Hey. I thought my outdoor pics were pretty good. Lol.

#10 7 years ago

I just saw this game today also, now I know what a HEP restore means. Stunning!

Anthony was great to deal with, he gave me the tour & you can't go wrong with anything he has for sale.

#12 7 years ago

Morning bump. Remember it's OBRO. But please keep things in perspective. Thanks.

#13 7 years ago

Just wondering.... I own a SS and some other 90's pins, and here in Brazil I can easily find some SS's for sale for less than half this price.... u got a gorgeous machine, but is this the real value of a 90's B/W restored pin in the US, I mean, twice the price of a NIB?

#14 7 years ago

First off the game isn't a new stern for 6000 nib. These were cheaper. Nib scared stiff was probably around 3000-3500 depending on who you got it from. So any average scared stiff that you see for 6500 is almost twice the nib cost. This game is special because someone that wants it knows that they will put the same amount of money or most likely more into the game by the time they are done and wait 3 years for it if they want HEP. They can buy mine now. Life is short. Who knows what someone's situation will be in three years. Did you see the HEP T2 thread. Beautiful but HEP's wait time is three years unless your are Boob.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

is this the real value of a 90's B/W restored pin in the US, I mean, twice the price of a NIB?

A HEP restoration is the cream of the crop. I've never had HEP restore a game of mine, but I'm sure it would end up at this price or higher. Resale of a HEP game seems to be a bit of an issue since you have so much money in it that it makes it very hard to not take a big loss.

I made an offer to the OP about 6 months or more ago, and I hope it wasn't insulting. GLWS

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Just wondering.... I own a SS and some other 90's pins, and here in Brazil I can easily find some SS's for sale for less than half this price.... u got a gorgeous machine, but is this the real value of a 90's B/W restored pin in the US, I mean, twice the price of a NIB?

Mostly because of the reputation and quality of the person responsible for the restoration, HEP. http://www.highendpins.com/

The work is widely considered the absolute best in the world, and yes this seems pretty typical pricing for a machine from them.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I made an offer to the OP about 6 months or more ago, and I hope it wasn't insulting.

I looked back at my PM history, and the first time I made an offer was 14 months ago, then again 9 months ago... and I'm a cheapskate. The offer was more than I've ever paid for a game, but was still quite a bit lower than asking.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I looked back at my PM history, and the first time I made an offer was 14 months ago, then again 9 months ago... and I'm a cheapskate. The offer was more than I've ever paid for a game, but was still quite a bit lower than asking.

As a textbook lowballer myself, I'm insulted when my own FS ads don't get lowballed. All part of the fun.

GLWS!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

As a textbook lowballer myself, I'm insulted when my own FS ads don't get lowballed. All part of the fun.
GLWS!

Good point. Anthony, I'll give you 9k and buy your kids an ice cream at DQ. Not a penny more.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Everything is twice as valuable in the US as it is in Brazil. Still waiting for my invite to stay with you for the Rio Olympics. Running out of time! Please see my Olympics thread for more information.

GLWTS! (Unless you take my offer...)

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

First off the game isn't a new stern for 6000 nib. These were cheaper. Nib scared stiff was probably around 3000-3500 depending on who you got it from. So any average scared stiff that you see for 6500 is almost twice the nib cost. This game is special because someone that wants it knows that they will put the same amount of money or most likely more into the game by the time they are done and wait 3 years for it if they want HEP. They can buy mine now. Life is short. Who knows what someone's situation will be in three years. Did you see the HEP T2 thread. Beautiful but HEP's wait time is three years unless your are Boob.

Some games pass through in 6 months some can take 3 years.
I don't just do the easy stuff here and I work solo so it can vary but there is not a standard 3 year wait here.

#21 7 years ago

Beautiful but HEP's wait time is three years unless your are Boob.

That was just luck. I hit Chris up at a time that he was doing a run of IJs. It's like he said above, the wait varies based on what's on his schedule.

I highly recommend that if you have a grail pin and several thousand burning a hole in your pocket, that you get at least one HEP machine done. I'll be buried in my IJ, so it was worth the money to me. But because I'm a music teacher, I'll be doing my own restorations from here on out so my family doesn't go hungry.

#22 7 years ago

Anthony is a class act stand up guy - I've both bought and sold from him. And Chris's work at HEP obviously is the best you can get - good luck with sale !

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Some games pass through in 6 months some can take 3 years.
I don't just do the easy stuff here and I work solo so it can vary but there is not a standard 3 year wait here.

Man you follow everything that has your precious company name on it. I knew you would. Anyway basing the wait time on my games which was years.

#24 7 years ago

I recently bought a HEP LOTR on the secondary market. The craftsmanship is second to none. You can tell that every little detail was looked at and thought about. He somehow made what can feel like a clunky cheaply made game feel really solid and smooth. If you have plenty of extra cash his games are hard to beat. Is it worth it, to some yes, to others no. Just like most things in life you get what you pay for.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I recently bought a HEP LOTR on the secondary market. The craftsmanship is second to none. You can tell that every little detail was looked at and thought about. He somehow made what can feel like a clunky cheaply made game feel really solid and smooth. If you have plenty of extra cash his games are hard to beat. Is it worth it, to some yes, to others no. Just like most things in life you get what you pay for.

Thanks for bump. I once called Lotr clunky and was blasted for it. Lol

#26 7 years ago

Chris at HEP has been the gold standard for a very long time. As someone who never has and likely never will own one of his restorations, you kinda forget how amazing they are until you see one, like the Scared Stiff I saw yesterday!

#27 7 years ago

Man you follow everything that has your precious company name on it. I knew you would. Anyway basing the wait time on my games which was years.

Well I don't really think it is a bad idea since I have a vested interest.
Your game is nice and fairly priced.I doubt one could be built for less and certainly no faster

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

No, this is not the value of an ordinary restored machine. A HEP machine is the best you can get anywhere, for any price. It's like buying unique art. The market for a HEP is tiny compared to the market for NIB pinball machines. It's only worth what someone will pay buy you can be sure a HEP machine is one of the best in the world.

#29 7 years ago

Though I've have never seen HEP's restoring work (for obvious reasons), I was just astonished for this machine asked price, that's all... I have absolutely no doubt that it must be a state-of-the-art work, but I am completely amazed that some people are willing to pay that much for a 90's pin (just for comparison, last month I bought a 2016 Jeep Renegade for my wife and I paid a little less than US$ 20k for it...).

Anyway, I do have some cream-of-the-crop restored pins (SS, TAF, CftBL, TZ...), and I recently added JM and XFiles to my collection... When these machines arrived home, they all looked like NIB, as if they came straight from the factory, and well... they cost me way less!

PS: I just saw a HEP T2 in another thread and the machine is beautiful!

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Though I've have never seen HEP's restoring work (for obvious reasons), I was just astonished for this machine asked price, that's all... I have absolutely no doubt that it must be a state-of-the-art work, but I am completely amazed that some people are willing to pay that much for a 90's pin (just for comparison, last month I bought a 2016 Jeep Renegade for my wife and I paid a little less than US$ 20k for it...).
Anyway, I do have some cream-of-the-crop restored pins (SS, TAF, CftBL, TZ...), and I recently added JM and XFiles to my collection... When these machines arrived home, they all looked like NIB, as if they came straight from the factory, and well... they cost me way less!
PS: I just saw a HEP T2 in another thread and the machine is beautiful!

I'm right there with you. Considering the pin is not that old compared to others, chances are you can find a very nice looking SS for much cheaper. I wouldn't even think of paying this price BUT for that right person who values the "HEP" tag, this is for them. GLWS.

#31 7 years ago

Can I just come and drool on it??

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Can I just come and drool on it??

Yes And you can even play it. I'll hang a trough under your mouth.

#34 7 years ago

Just don't drool on the driveway....

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Just don't drool on the driveway....

Especially if it is - I just ate oily & greasy pizza - drool. Lol

#36 7 years ago

thats awesome. I didn't even have to get scared....

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

thats awesome. I didn't even have to get scared....

Lmfao.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Still waiting for my invite to stay with you for the Rio Olympics.

I'm sorry but a long time ago I made a life-choice of avoiding d-bags.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

But because I'm a music teacher, I'll be doing my own restorations from here on out so my family doesn't go hungry.

Besides, you wouldn't be able to afford.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

thats gotta be incredibly difficult, if not impossible, for you...

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

thats gotta be incredibly difficult, if not impossible, for you...

Easier in RIO-BRAZIL than nj/ny-us!

#41 7 years ago

Ant, you should at least post the HEP gallery link and list when the restore was completed. Also list any mods and details. Like is it the PF OG or an IPB, cabinet decaled or not?

I consider myself a secondary market HEP expert. I also recently sold a HEP SS shown here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-ftfs-hep-2014-scared-stiff-blacked-out

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I would think avoiding yourself would be equally as difficult no matter where you are located...

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Besides, you wouldn't be able to afford.

I'm doing just fine, thanks for your concern. And I did treat myself to an HEP last year. You must have missed that. I'm not really sure what your problem is with me, but feel free to continue giving me thumbs down for every damn thing I write. I got over acting like a 12-year-old about 40 years ago...unless it's just acting child-like with fellow young-thinking Pinsiders.

Anyway, I have no issue with you. Not quite sure what your issue is with me. Either way, free bump for my friend's FS thread!

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Ant, you should at least post the HEP gallery link and list when the restore was completed. Also list any mods and details. Like is it the PF OG or an IPB, cabinet decaled or not?
I consider myself a secondary market HEP expert. I also recently sold a HEP SS shown here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-ftfs-hep-2014-scared-stiff-blacked-out

Thanks. I'll do that as soon as I can. It was a Gene ILlinois Pinball playfield. But Chris did all the work on it to make it HEP. It has full LEDs and color dmd. I'll check for more.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I was just down in Cape May and I didn't see any raw human shit in the water like you have there in Rio. Feel bad for the Olympic water/sea athletes. As a teacher I despise Chris Christie but like he said "hope those athletes hold their breath". Lol.

FYI - I take nj/ny- USA attacks personally.

#46 7 years ago

New Jersey!

#47 7 years ago

HEP stuff is great, but you need to realize even those games will wear when played. I've personally seem an HEP playfield ghost inserts in just a few hundred plays. Not in anyway due to errors from HEP, just because it happens. Maybe the people bashing stern pfs need to realize this.
HEP does brilliant work, but these games still wear.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Oh no he didn't!

Look bro, we got lots of problems in NY but not pumping our shit directly from our homes, untreated, into any and all bodies of water isn't one of them.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I would think avoiding yourself would be equally as difficult no matter where you are located...

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm doing just fine, thanks for your concern. And I did treat myself to an HEP last year. You must have missed that. I'm not really sure what your problem is with me, but feel free to continue giving me thumbs down for every damn thing I write. I got over acting like a 12-year-old about 40 years ago...unless it's just acting child-like with fellow young-thinking Pinsiders.
Anyway, I have no issue with you. Not quite sure what your issue is with me. Either way, free bump for my friend's FS thread!

I was just down in Cape May and I didn't see any raw human shit in the water like you have there in Rio. Feel bad for the Olympic water/sea athletes. As a teacher I despise Chris Christie but like he said "hope those athletes hold their breath". Lol.
FYI - I take nj/ny- USA attacks personally.

df0a5c4776b9bb4be6dfb07e14c58aa6132c2287_(resized).jpgdf0a5c4776b9bb4be6dfb07e14c58aa6132c2287_(resized).jpge7e7609538d42f55451cccf500da7329c36939c5_(resized).jpge7e7609538d42f55451cccf500da7329c36939c5_(resized).jpg4a54557759948dd9482d6952d6913e2a87fcf58f_(resized).jpg4a54557759948dd9482d6952d6913e2a87fcf58f_(resized).jpgd3e897f265d7a1682ba38765bd7b745b6900f578_(resized).jpgd3e897f265d7a1682ba38765bd7b745b6900f578_(resized).jpg

#50 7 years ago

Well...at least now we know what the A in amendes stands for.

There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-scared-stiff-bally-1996-2011 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.