pasted_image (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Scared Stiff

Added: 2020-01-26 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (January 8th, 2021) • Ended: January 10th, 2021
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 6,300 (OBO)

Open for offers

Up for grabs is my Scared Stiff - purchased from Games Exchange in Colorado back in Feb 2019. I have enjoyed playing it; I am ready to thin the herd some and this along with Transformers LE are the two candidates to go. Plus, Shadow is coming home soon, and I need a slot. Proof of receipt is with the pictures. It also lets you know I'm losing money on the deal, hence why I feel my price is fair given the work and parts I have put into it.

It is a re-import, so if that makes your gameroom spontaneously burst into flames, stop reading here. Everything on the game works electrically - no issues, sporadic resets, power fluctuations, or coil issues here. All functions and toys work at a 99% rate with the one exception being The Stiff in the Coffin needs its coil sleeve changed, and to do that, you have to take out the ramp and take the entire Coffin assembly - just haven't gotten to it yet. The door sticks open for a bit, but it's simply mechanical as the game continues the door slowly closes. It is NOT electrical.

As far as what I did to it once I received the game:

1. Changed the LEDs so the backbox isn't purple anymore.
2. Swapped out all Deadhead roll over switches as none of them worked.
3. Swapped out the "God shot" switch as it did not work
4. Adjusted all the Leapers so they work and hit the glass. Got rid of the shoddy broken hardware holding the rods in place and put on appropriate rubbers to hold the rods in place so they are 100% easily adjustable now.
5. Created and installed my own Skull Pile LED mod. I took a picture of the wiring color arrangement so if someone buys it, they know how the mod came together. I used the machine's stock wiring harness to install it - no jerry-rigged crap here.
6. LED ColorDMD installed
7. Brand new Translite installed (purchased at TPF 2019).
8. Cliffy set ready but not yet installed.
9. Aged all the Bony Beast bones so they're not that horrible bright white and they match the head.
10. Installed a brand-new Crate decal. The one mine came with had a solid line of wear and the decal was completely gone in that line. Not only did I install a new one, I placed a vinyl laminate over it so the decal should be protected from additional wear down the road.
11. Installed the fast color-changing shooter rod. That was harder than it looked as I had to insulate the shooter rod or the color changing LED didn't work, and there were zero instructions on how to do that, so I did the hard work for the potential new owner.
12. Adjusted the shooter rod assembly so it stopped hitting the "autoplunge assembly" every single time you manly pulled the shooter rod for the launch of balls 1, 2, and 3.
13. Upgraded the speakers. Better than stock and cheaper than any pre-packaged kit with a fancy sticker on it.

MPU board has NVRAM on it. Pictures show the condition of the cabinet and colors. I get it's not a museum piece; however, it is in MUCH better condition than when I got it. Spider motor works - no problems. All VUKs get the ball where it needs to go with zero issues.

I will ship; however, the buyer will be responsible for all arrangements and will pay for shipping. When the crew shows up, I am hands off and they will be responsible at that point. They break the game, and they're responsible.

I have taken pictures of the "problem areas" or areas where wear typically shows up. As usual, skill shot, spider hole, and "terrifying" are the usual suspect areas, and this is no exception here. I was going to do a PF swap, but as full time active duty, working on my Masters, and raising a family - I just don't really see me getting to it until at August 2020.

Everything being said - I don't have to sell this game - I am not in a financial bind. I don't mind reasonable offers; however, if you think you're getting this game for something like $4800, not only are you wrong, but I will also ignore such an insult and block you from all future discussions as I will have no desire to do business with someone like that in the future. I get everyone wants a deal, but be reasonable.

Additional pictures upon request. Game is listed elsewhere, and I reserve the right to pull this ad at any time if the game sells elsewhere.

Item photos

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are NPO's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to NPO's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Dayton, OH, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 249.00
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 38.00
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

11 months later
#2 3 years ago

All right, after having thought it over a year, and me having to move back to Dayton, OH in 2 months, 1 less game is 1 less game I have to move. Video of the game coming up later tonight after the video buffers!

Video I shot during Fall 2020, showcasing that everything works on the game as described in the original post above:

#3 3 years ago

For everyone pinging me, I'll say it once here:

Game sold in under 24 hours locally through FB Marketplace.

That's what happens when this is treated as a fun hobby and not an "investment".

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 37.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

£ 49.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 38.00
$ 249.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-scared-stiff-64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.