Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by whthrs166
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

510240D8-4C01-486F-9D46-63CA253A68E1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1360 (resized).JPG
IMG_1374 (resized).JPG
IMG_1364 (resized).JPG
IMG_1365 (resized).JPG
IMG_1372 (resized).JPG
IMG_1369 (resized).JPG
IMG_1376 (resized).JPG
IMG_1373 (resized).JPG
IMG_1362 (resized).JPG
IMG_1368 (resized).JPG
IMG_1363 (resized).JPG
IMG_1370 (resized).JPG
IMG_1367 (resized).JPG
IMG_1366 (resized).JPG
IMG_1361 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 6,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

for sale

For sale: Scared Stiff

Added: January 20th, 2018 Ended: January 26th, 2018
Condition: Partially restored (almost original)

Item description

I have a Scared Stiff that is for sale. The person I bought it from said it was home use only but it was in really neglected so I do not want to say it is home use only. Both ramps have been replaced, it has the Dancing Boogy men mod and the LEDs mod for the boney beast.

The original MPU board had acid damage and was replaced with a new board. The playfield has no damage except for one spot on the left inlane that has some glazing of the clearcoat. All the lights have been replaced with LEDs.

I am open to trades for ACDC Premium or WOZ.

Thank you.

Item photos

IMG_1361 (resized).JPG
IMG_1366 (resized).JPG
IMG_1367 (resized).JPG
IMG_1370 (resized).JPG
IMG_1363 (resized).JPG
IMG_1368 (resized).JPG
IMG_1362 (resized).JPG
IMG_1373 (resized).JPG
IMG_1376 (resized).JPG
IMG_1369 (resized).JPG
IMG_1372 (resized).JPG
IMG_1365 (resized).JPG
IMG_1364 (resized).JPG
IMG_1374 (resized).JPG
IMG_1360 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Dover, OH, US

Seller insights

These are crashnt20's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to crashnt20's stats page

#2 1 year ago

Definitely not huo as its a reimport.....

#3 1 year ago

Just because it "might be" a reimport doesn't mean it's not an HUO. I have seen many European reimport games that were HUO. Just because it has a single slot coin door doesn't mean it is a reimport either. And even if it is a reimport, doesn't mean that it is not worth what he is asking. I have sold many SS reimport games for more than this.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Just because it "might be" a reimport

Yellow sticker in German on the power box in the cab = reimport. But condition is everything, not if someone says its HUO or not.

GLWTS - great pin and she is a beauty.

#5 1 year ago

The guy I purchased the machine from said it was HUO and it was in really good condition and showed no signs of being on a route but I am no expert. If it was on route it was hardly ever played. Do you guys think that $7,000 is too much to ask.

#6 1 year ago

It has bolts holes on both sides of the coin door where they used to install the hasp when the game was on route. Not home use only.
The sides have the typical fade too. Not a bad example of the game, but it's at the top end of the price spectrum for a routed game with fade.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

It has bolts holes on both sides of the coin door where they used to install the hasp when the game was on route. Not home use only.

Wrong. WPC95 pins all came from the factory with lock bars.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

The sides have the typical fade too. Not a bad example of the game, but it's at the top end of the price spectrum for a routed game with fade.

Means nothing as certain runs from William Balley had these from the factory. I have a HOU that has these and came from factory.

At $7,000 that is good deal. Hard to find pin and really in good shape for not being resticketed.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from TG:

Wrong. WPC95 pins all came from the factory with lock bars.

I dont' believe my Monster Bash has these bolts; it may not have been every single game

#10 1 year ago

This game has been selling higher than your asking price but the price patrol will tell you different.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I dont' believe my Monster Bash has these bolts; it may not have been every single game

My HOU monster bash does have it. Most WPC 95 runs had them.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

This game has been selling higher than your asking price but the price patrol will tell you different.

lets be honest here this is a 6000 pin in this condition. Can you show us an example of a scared stiff selling for 7000 plus in this condition with virtually no mods? The last scared stiffs here sold in the mid 5s in this condition the ones selling for 7+ range have color dmd's, no fade, mods, etc. I think it would sell somewhere between 5800 and 6200.

#13 1 year ago

Crashnt20,

To give you some perspective, I just sold a nice players condition scared stiff, with nib mirror blades and gory eyeball shooter, earlier this week for $5250. I was not looking to maximize my price, but wanted to be objective and fair given his condition and history of recent sales.

I had over 30 pm's on this machine alone within 2 hours of listing.

Could I have gotten more, absolutely. However, I'm satisfied with the price and the buyers is thrilled with the purchase.

List yours at 6k and it will sell today.

Best of luck,

Rody

#14 1 year ago

The last two I sold were sold over $7500. One was never listed anywhere as was solicited for it and other Craigslist. No mods but we’re very clean. The one listed here playfeild looks good. Market will tell you what will bear. $5,800 to $6,250 for this game is low in the current market. Go to the archive listing tab.

#15 1 year ago

only thing in the archives are ones that sold for 5s and low 6s unless modded to the hilt, no fade, collector quality or restored. I can believe you sold one on craigslist for over market but can't see it happening here. This is a high 5s low 6s type of ss. He is taking offers so that will help.

#16 1 year ago

They sit at this price unless special. I have been casually watching to purchase one for awhile. The reimport, playfield issue, and swapped board decreases the value but it seems like a nice example.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

They sit at this price unless special. I have been casually watching to purchase one for awhile. The reimport, playfield issue, and swapped board decreases the value but it seems like a nice example.

U don’t like mine

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

They sit at this price unless special.

Not in Denver they don't

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Not in Denver they don't

that legalized ditch weed must be starting to take its toll? lol...

#21 1 year ago

PF isn't an issue if you're ready to swap it with a Mirco. Takes time, but ultimately, it is not a deal breaker. 3 SS's in like a week or two, and I can't snag any of them.....bad bad timing. I look forward to snagging one when it is time, so OP, trust me, I'd love to make you an offer, but the timing just sucks : (.

On a side note, I love how a SS owner is reasoning the price is too high, and a non-owner is saying the price should be higher. Normally it is the exact opposite. Might be a first I've seen on here

#22 1 year ago

It may just be the picture , the right front leg looks twisted. Pic #14

#23 1 year ago

Guys book by the pricing guide is $8400. If one with the factory glow parts add $100 to $8500. To resticker is $270 for next gen decals. Most high end collectors don’t prefer other people’s mods as they want to custom themselves. Value on resale of mods is little.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

that legalized ditch weed must be starting to take its toll? lol...

Yeah I was smashed on dope when sold all three of mine for $7500 2 years ago! Laughed all the way to bank too!

#25 1 year ago

Mr pinball price guide

510240D8-4C01-486F-9D46-63CA253A68E1 (resized).jpeg

#26 1 year ago

Not true on archives yes the gentlemen who posted for $5250 is listed but next few are $7000k, $13.5k by mike sold locally, $5200 abused one, another for $7500, $5500, $10,500, $7500, $8000, $7500, $6400 and $8500.

#27 1 year ago

I sold my HUO Bryan Kelly restored Scared Stiff (with clearcoated playfield) last year for $10,500. Just offering this for reference.

#28 1 year ago

Im around the corner from you... I can stop by and help you determine the cost!

#29 1 year ago

Damn these prices make me want to sell mine. But it would be the last pin to leave.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Not true on archives yes the gentlemen who posted for $5250 is listed but next few are $7000k, $13.5k by mike sold locally, $5200 abused one, another for $7500, $5500, $10,500, $7500, $8000, $7500, $6400 and $8500.

Archives are deceiving for the most part...... look there 2 much much nicer ones that have been sitting at 7250 and 7400 and they have every upgrade u cld want and very good condition. Ss usually sell for 5500-7500 depending on overall original condition and mods. Then go from 7500-10k for very nice near perfect restored ones with all mods.

#31 1 year ago

We’ll know when this sells. I can tell you I’d buy this for $5800 cash in hand tomorrow. I can be there by 10am. It’s not like $7 is astronomical, and game looks good, but is the right buyer out there?

#32 1 year ago

I agree with you for the most part but the one listed is very clean with new replaced Ramps. The archives are what they are. I think $7000 is a fair price and within your price guide lines as reasonable. Market will prove true price. Games go for sale in waves but when they dry up prices move up. Anyone who has owned this game knows the factory ramps were too thin and always eventually broke. This game is trending higher over the next year.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobra:

But it would be the last pin to leave.

I with ya there! I have an HUO and it's not leaving!

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

We’ll know when this sells. I can tell you I’d buy this for $5800 cash in hand tomorrow. I can be there by 10am. It’s not like $7 is astronomical, and game looks good, but is the right buyer out there?

For $5500 I will be there in 2 hours with the cash!

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

your just not comparing apples with apples here. The ones that sold above 7 are sure nice modded with no fade and color dmds, chrome stuff like that. This one listed here is not comparable to some of the ones you pointed out in the archives, be real!

#36 1 year ago

$5600 - I can be there in 10 minutes! hahah

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

This does not matter Only thing that matters is condition.

I didn’t say the quote u copied me in...go back and look what I typed. Not sure why u would do this

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I didn’t say the quote u copied me in...go back and look what I typed. Not sure why u would do this

Quoted from lllvjr:

You did not. My mistake! I just picked the wrong line.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

your just not comparing apples with apples here. The ones that sold above 7 are sure nice modded with no fade and color dmds, chrome stuff like that. This one listed here is not comparable to some of the ones you pointed out in the archives, be real!

I am comparing apples to apples. Color DMD mods etc doing little in resale price. Fully restored does. Look at the pricing guide also. This thing will sell between $6700 to $7000. His ask price is very reasonable. The fade is minor for a original silk screened game. Not a restickered cabinet will be bring higher value to many collectors.

#40 1 year ago

Guys see original flyer. I have them for all my games. The wpc 95 flyers had the lock bar brackets in the photos.

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/scared-stiff

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

For $5500 I will be there in 2 hours with the cash!

Haha!! 5600 in 3 hours lol

#42 1 year ago

None of our offers matter if he doesn't respond to any of us.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from corvair61:

None of our offers matter if he doesn't respond to any of us.

I think he knows we’re fooling around. If one of us was really serious we would have PM’d him. Funny there’s been a bunch of SS for sale lately

#44 1 year ago

I PM'd him a couple hours ago. Waiting on a response.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from corvair61:

I PM'd him a couple hours ago. Waiting on a response.

I stand corrected! Lol

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think he knows we’re fooling around. If one of us was really serious we would have PM’d him. Funny there’s been a bunch of SS for sale lately

Rumour is Remake coming why they all popped up! Why the playfeilds you can buy now.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Rumour is Remake coming why they all popped up! Why the playfeilds you can buy now.

Whaaa? When did that hit? I thought Elvira 3 was coming. I’ll ssy what I said in the remake threads: you can’t beat an original!

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

you can’t beat an original

You will get no argument there!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside