IMG_1507 (resized).jpg
IMG_1506 (resized).jpg
IMG_1505 (resized).jpg
IMG_1504 (resized).jpg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viper001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For Sale: Scared Stiff

Added: 2022-08-02 21:16:53 UTC • Ended: August 8th, 2022
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

2 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 10,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

I've owned this one since about 1998, never thought I would let this one go. The game was lightly routed before it came to me.

The good: Cabinet is original Williams factory silkscreen (not decals), no sides show any fade in the red or green which is common on this title. I had to replace the main ramp 2 years ago because where the ball kicks up through the trap door it finally broke, the new replacements are supposed to be much stronger so I doubt it will ever be a problem again. The only mod is I put the light-up eyes in the skull pile in the back right corner. I did all red LEDs that blink with the related insert. The game was designed for this but cost cut when built, there is actually already a connector to support the lights due to this fact so it was easy to integrate into the lighting without any hacking of the wiring harness. Also the game is still running regular light bulbs, if you prefer differently this one is ready for your finishing touches.

The less good: The cabinet artwork, while being original factory artwork does have a few scratches here and there, nothing too bad. The DMD when the game is cold also has a slight rolling effect but all the dots will light, normally when it warms up this stops. I believe there is a resistor that if it is replaced might stop this but no guarantees, it's not bad and never bothered me enough to work on it. Biggest issue is when I got the game there was some playfield wear, right in front of the crate where the ball exits the kickout. I leveled everything and bought a mylar decal for that area and I think it looks great, and has held up for the past 20+ years but I wanted to be honest about it, especially if someone planned to do additional clearcoat or something to the game.

I have a few NOS spare parts that I will include with the game, I'm still looking through boxes but I'll disclose what I find. I know I have a crate plunger and spinning spider, maybe some flasher globes and spare frogs and sling puppets.

I prefer local pickup, I have ground level access and I have a pinball cart dolly to assist with leg removal and loading, but please show up with all the muscle you will need. If you want this one shipped the game will need to be fully paid for and you will arrange and pay for all shipping and packing that you require. I don't build or provide crates anymore.

Any questions please let me know. Thanks for looking!

Item photos

IMG_1500 (resized).jpg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpg
IMG_1504 (resized).jpg
IMG_1505 (resized).jpg
IMG_1506 (resized).jpg
IMG_1507 (resized).jpg
IMG_1508 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are viper001's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to viper001's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Hamilton, OH, US

#2 1 year ago

Weekend price drop.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viper001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-scared-stiff-101?tu=viper001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.