20131015_082538 (1).jpg
2013-10-15 09.07.51.png
WP_20131022_18_15_39_Pro.jpg
photo5.jpg
photo4.jpg
photo3.jpg
photo2.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I recently acquired a true prototype Rollergames, and am ready to let my sample game go, as I don't need 2.

This is a sample game. Different display panel. Different playfield artwork and some insert colors. Red lamp boards. All 15 flashers in the backbox insert. Has the SKATE drop targets retrofit, but the playfield was punched and drilled for them from the factory, with the wiring all factory run. Earthshaker shooter guide like all early production machines had, actually has factory Earthshaker drop target decals underneath the RG 'wall' target decals.

The game is unshopped. Playfield super nice, plastics above average, typical chips on a couple plastics.

I had a friend pick this game up in Germany, and pack it and ship it to me via Lufthansa - not in a container. This is not a rough container beater game, this is a nice example that once shopped out, will shine.

I am able and willing to ship and pack, but preference will be given to local buyers who pick up and pay cash.

References available upon request.

Pics are available here:

http://gallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/proto_rg

#2 10 years ago

Awesome. Glad to see you finally got the "legit" one.

#3 10 years ago

No worries buying from John, that is for certain!

#4 10 years ago

Did you pick up the proto RG that was on eBay? I was keeping an eye on that one. Noticed the different artwork and drop targets.

Great game and GLWS. Go for the wall!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

No worries buying from John, that is for certain!

I second that - great guy and an asset to the hobby. Congrats on the grail.

mark

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Did you pick up the proto RG that was on eBay? I was keeping an eye on that one. Noticed the different artwork and drop targets.
Great game and GLWS. Go for the wall!

Yep, that was me!

#7 10 years ago

Nice pickup! Glad it went to a good home. Share pics when you get it!

#8 10 years ago

Wow, I never knew that the prototype Rollergames had drop targets for the SKATE targets. Excellent find!

#9 10 years ago

I was wondering about that Rollergames. Didn't even notice it was prototype. About to sell mine to fund something else and saw the price it went for... Mine is also DP but not prototype. Congrats!

EDIT: Now that I look back at the drops, I thought the colors on the PF looked different, but can't believe I missed the drop targets.

#10 10 years ago

Unless I get an intriguing offer... I'll be listing mine on eBay in the next couple days.

#11 10 years ago

Man, someone really needs to grab this one. Nice rare machine.

#12 10 years ago

That's kind of why I would not mind a pro as well. Fun game

#13 10 years ago

Do the drops make the game play any slower? One thing I love about RG is the speed.

#14 10 years ago

I don't feel it slows the game down at all. A fun shot is to try and sweep the drops and lock the ball in the pit. Especially if you have SKAT and need to light E to get the 4 million pit bonus. It is possible to score all 4 million points.. but not easy!

1 week later
#16 10 years ago

Price drop to $2250. Going to start shopping this guy out, and may opt to give eBay a try in the near future.

#17 10 years ago

Just ordered over $150 worth of stuff to shop the Rollergames out

-New white rubber
-Cliffy Post Sleeves + ramp protector
-Flipper rebuilds with new bats
-New coil sleeves throughout
-Rebuilding slings
-Rebuliding pops
-Rebuilding both DT banks - new targets and decals on the bank of 3 (the bank of 5 is basically new, not needed)

Installing a very rare repro drop target plastic that I got a few years back - don't think I've seen any of these in a long time.

#18 10 years ago

the ramp protector is a must, that thing gets beat up.

#19 10 years ago

The ramp in this game appears to be undamaged! I need to take a closer look when I wipe it down, but I was amazed at what I saw!

I think I'll upgrade it to 'new style' flipper return springs, too!

#20 10 years ago

I upgraded my WW to the new style return springs and it improves the game, no question. Seems to get rid of some of the slop in the flippers by making them a bit stiffer in the non-energized position and also gets rid of the plunger spring that eats away at the flipper link.

#21 10 years ago

Someone really needs to pick this up...as a guy who has bought several machines from John, I can say without hesitation he is the best pinball seller there is.

1 week later
#22 10 years ago

Some shopout pics... about 30? hours in to the job..

photo2.jpgphoto2.jpg photo3.jpgphoto3.jpg photo4.jpgphoto4.jpg

#23 10 years ago

It's coming along pretty nice. I work slower than many due to having a lot to balance between work/family/business/etc, but I think this is going to turn into a very nice machine once I'm done.

This is honestly the nicest Rollergames I've seen that wasn't HUO - and I've looked at a lot, searching for the 'ultimate' Rollergames - it's certainly not for everyone, but if RG is a top 5 game for you, or even a top 10, this is one that is definitely worth taking a closer look at.

The ramp is unbroken. I bought a Cliffy protector and will install it on the ramp, but it's unbroken. When have you ever heard of a Rollergames with an unbroken wall ramp?

Over $200 in new parts put into the game as part of the shop out. Keep in mind, this is a shop out - not a HEP level restoration. It's clean, clean, clean, every solenoid assy was rebuilt with new sleeves, rebuilt flippers converted to new return springs, new star posts, lane guides, etc. Fresh white rubber, Cliffy sleeves, etc.

The ramp divertor will be upgraded per the WMS service bulletin. I have a copy of the service bulletin that I am uploading to IPDB. How did I find this? I have the game manual that was in the WMS parts department! It has hand annotations, copies of all relevant service bulletins, etc. The game comes with a nice manual, but it's not the annotated parts department copy

photo5.jpgphoto5.jpg

#24 10 years ago

John,
Please share the service bulletin on how to upgrade the divertor with your fellow Rollergames nerds.
Beau

#25 10 years ago

I uploaded it to IPDB... I'll post back when they accept it and make it available to view.

A couple of the parts are NLA, so I'm not sure what to do there. The original design had the plunger attached to the bar that did the diverting with a spring - which had almost 100% failure.

The new design used a different coil, different stop, and a direct drive plunger on the divertor bar.

I will take some measurements and see if maybe it's a common plunger length.

2 weeks later
#26 10 years ago

Shop out completed! Minor tweaks and adjustments, then going to eBay unless I get an offer I can't refuse!

#27 10 years ago

Someone really needs to buy this beauty!

#28 10 years ago

Anyone within 3-4 hours drive of Cincy interested in a WW, JP or Jack*bot? I would be willing to sell any one or all of these to generate $s to buy John's RG. Just don't have the cash sitting as I retired from the Army in January and I am doing major home renovations, kitchen, bathroom, flooring, roofing, siding, basement gameroom, etc...., so I am cash poor but have a happy wife LOL!!

#29 10 years ago

Shop job is finished.

Game looks, and more importantly, plays incredibly nice. Fast, with lots of flow.

NVRAM installed on the MPU.

Cap kit and HV rebuild kit on the way for the power supply, because I want to be 100% certain this game is rock solid for the long haul. Interconnect board had the GI headers replaced, and one out of spec resistor replaced.

No hacks in this game!

I'm going to list the game elsewhere very shortly. If it sells for asking price as a result of this pinside post, I'll donate $50 to pinside!

#30 10 years ago

Rollergames is sold and will be picked up in the next week or so.

#31 10 years ago

Great news, someone will be getting a really fun, super nice RG.

3 months later
#32 10 years ago

Ok Rollergames fans. I have a true rollergames prototype also. I have not done much with it yet kind of holding it for now. Not sure about a true plan so far. This one was signed by Steve Ritchie in a funny spot. Pictures are from when I first picked it up (sorry I will get better ones). Any interest out there or interesting trades for my prototype Rollergames let me know ..

WP_20131022_18_15_39_Pro.jpgWP_20131022_18_15_39_Pro.jpg 2013-10-15 09.07.51.png2013-10-15 09.07.51.png 20131015_082538 (1).jpg20131015_082538 (1).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-sample-rollergames-pinball-dp-both-drop-target-banks-2500-in-in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.