IMG_5188 (resized).JPG
IMG_5187 (resized).JPG
IMG_5186 (resized).JPG
IMG_5185 (resized).JPG
IMG_5184 (resized).JPG
IMG_5183 (resized).JPG
IMG_5181 (resized).JPG
IMG_5182 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Safe Cracker - Prototype

Added: 2020-09-02 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (November 9th, 2020) • Ended: December 21st, 2020
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 6,500

Very nice condition prototype Safe Cracker up for sale. This is a prototype machine #17 – red boards under playfield & on game board. The game works as it should and has 42 tokens. It does have the side wings, but they look to have water damage on the bottom. The sides of the game have decent color and the coin door area is faded. It’s a great players machine as it sits or would have great bones for a restoration. I chose the game condition as needs some work as it could use a good cleaning - no credit dot. The side rails do have dents in them and the right ramp is cracked in the Y (photo below). I also noticed that far right side of the DMD is out (not sure if it's one or two lines). Playfield support rails need to be hit with steel wool and repainted. Let me know if you need more detailed photo’s.

Item photos

IMG_5154 (resized).JPG
IMG_5155 (resized).JPG
IMG_5156 (resized).JPG
IMG_5157 (resized).JPG
IMG_5158 (resized).JPG
IMG_5159 (resized).JPG
IMG_5160 (resized).JPG
IMG_5161 (resized).JPG
IMG_5162 (resized).JPG
IMG_5163 (resized).JPG
IMG_5164 (resized).JPG
IMG_5165 (resized).JPG
IMG_5166 (resized).JPG
IMG_5167 (resized).JPG
IMG_5168 (resized).JPG
IMG_5169 (resized).JPG
IMG_5170 (resized).JPG
IMG_5171 (resized).JPG
IMG_5172 (resized).JPG
IMG_5174 (resized).JPG
IMG_5173 (resized).JPG
IMG_5175 (resized).JPG
IMG_5176 (resized).JPG
IMG_5177 (resized).JPG
IMG_5178 (resized).JPG
IMG_5179 (resized).JPG
IMG_5180 (resized).JPG
IMG_5181 (resized).JPG
IMG_5182 (resized).JPG
IMG_5183 (resized).JPG
IMG_5184 (resized).JPG
IMG_5185 (resized).JPG
IMG_5186 (resized).JPG
IMG_5187 (resized).JPG
IMG_5188 (resized).JPG
IMG_5189 (resized).JPG
IMG_4538 (resized).JPG
IMG_4488 (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5196 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are PinballJeff's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to PinballJeff's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Byron Center, MI, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

#2 3 years ago

What determines that is a prototype? Sample games would use up excess red boards. Serial number doesn't contain an x. Does it have a feature unique to protos?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

What determines that is a prototype? Sample games would use up excess red boards. Serial number doesn't contain an x. Does it have a feature unique to protos?

Dung,

You could be correct. I was going off the below thread. If anyone can confirm it would be appreciated. Maybe I need to change the description to Prototype/Sample? Not trying to mislead anyone here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/safe-cracker-proto-early-production#post-5766366

Thanks,

Jeff

#4 3 years ago

This is a prototype SC.
I have done one in the past and several production examples.
The red boards are one thing but on SC prototypes specifically the magnetic reed switches throughout are what jump out at me.
On the production most are roll over switches especially the in and out lanes.
This means the playfield itself is very specific to the prototype.
The reed switches require a much different set up than the roll overs making a true SC prototype very unique in my eyes.

#5 3 years ago

I'm with Chris....I've not seen this before in a SC (MRS' >3)....interesting!

#6 3 years ago

Very cool!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

This is a prototype SC.
The red boards are one thing but on SC prototypes specifically the magnetic reed switches throughout are what jump out at me.
The reed switches require a much different set up than the roll overs making a true SC prototype very unique in my eyes.

I had #21 that went to DJB, it was identified as a prototype. You might have actually seen it at some point... I hope all is well and GLWS! Jeff is a stand-up guy and the machine is as described.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

This is a prototype SC.

This is getting interesting now. My personal SC has the magnetic reed switches. Sorry for the poor images, didn't bother pulling the glass and just used my cell phone.IMG_4540 (resized).JPGIMG_4540 (resized).JPG

IMG_4541 (resized).JPGIMG_4541 (resized).JPG
#9 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I had #21 that went to DJB, it was identified as a prototype. You might have actually seen it at some point... I hope all is well and GLWS! Jeff is a stand-up guy and the machine is as described.

Thanks Brad, you're not so bad yourself.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballJeff:

This is getting interesting now. My personal SC has the magnetic reed switches. Sorry for the poor images, didn't bother pulling the glass and just used my cell phone.[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It should....but it should only have 3....your proto has several more MRS'....your 3 are at the top (just like your pic) but look at the MRS locations in the proto - there are 7 or so MRS'!

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

It should....but it should only have 3....your proto has several more MRS'....your 3 are at the top (just like your pic) but look at the MRS locations in the proto - there are 7 or so MRS'!

Thanks for the clarity - I now see what you're talking about.

#12 3 years ago

Seems cheap to me, the last SC I seen for sale was $8000. GLWTS.

John

#13 3 years ago

Freakin' A. If I wasn't in the middle of a land purchase, I would snap this up. (Yeah, I have a thing for samples/prototypes.)

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Freakin' A. If I wasn't in the middle of a land purchase, I would snap this up. (Yeah, I have a thing for samples/prototypes.)

Same for me. If we were closer, I would have bought it. GLWTS. Great pin.

1 week later
#15 3 years ago

Weekend bump!!!

Everyone have a drink (if you do) and enjoy. Gin & tonic for me.

IMG_4551 (resized).JPGIMG_4551 (resized).JPG
#16 3 years ago

Jeff always comes up with great games. This one especially. Great guy. Great seller!

#17 3 years ago

Soooo... tempting, but where to put it?

John

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Soooo... tempting, but where to put it?

John

It's 2/3rds the size of a normal pin. Squeeze all your pins together slightly, and you got room!

..In other news, my land purchase will be closing at the end of this month. And I'm.... still in awe this hasn't sold. And am looking at options.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It's 2/3rds the size of a normal pin. Squeeze all your pins together slightly, and you got room!

Can't squeeze anymore out of nothing to squeeze...., something would have to go. Whats the width of the game?

John

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Can't squeeze anymore out of nothing to squeeze...., something would have to go. Whats the width of the game?
John

Admittedly, I don't know - the last (and only) SC I had was back between '97 and '01. I always considered it the same difference between a standard and widebody/SuperPin game.

#21 3 years ago

Pretty versatile game for placement. Doesn’t take much space with the wings off, although it doesn’t look as cool. Can be corner placed on a 45 with wings at the end of a row where there’s not enough room for a regular pin and look ok. I had mine in a few different odd gameroom spots over the years.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

Hey John,

Head is 21.5” and body is 44.5 deep.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from brucea1956:

Jeff always comes up with great games. This one especially. Great guy. Great seller!

Thanks Bruce - you're pretty awesome yourself.

#24 3 years ago

GLWTS - I have an HUO SC that shan't leave the collection.....to my eyes - this looks like a heck of deal - this is a pin that was ignored for way too long, but as of late is finding growing interest....in my relatively small collection - SC gets the most play....someone needs to pick this up!

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

GLWTS - I have an HUO SC that shan't leave the collection.....to my eyes - this looks like a heck of deal - this is a pin that was ignored for way too long, but as of late is finding growing interest....in my relatively small collection - SC gets the most play....someone needs to pick this up!

A game that goes for 6500 has not been ignored. Nice price pumping tho

#26 3 years ago

Bump for a great seller..

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Bump for a great seller..

Thanks Chad.

1 month later
#28 3 years ago

Bumping seeing as I listed a couple other machines.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-safe-cracker-prototype and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.