(Topic ID: 309643)

For sale: Rollergames Diamondplate Playfield

By RVApinballer

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DumbAss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago

The playfield is definitely beautiful. As someone who has a DP Rollergames I can say somewhat definitively ...

1. This is a MID production run not an early production. Your light insert has the cutouts for the flashers but does NOT have the wiring / connections for the flashers. Early production machines have the flashers installed (mine has them). Mid production machines stopped installing them to cut costs but Williams used up the pre-cut light insert boards. Late production machines do not even have the flasher holes cut out.
    2. The red boards are used for single lamps only. This is Williams using up their supply of the single lamp red boards. This is not an indication of the machine being early production or prototype / sample. Prototype / sample red boards are for the machine specific boards. The single lamp board is generic and used across multiple machines. Prototype Rollergames actually had a 5-bank drop target assembly instead of the 5 stand-up targets.
    3. Most early production machines have chrome plated wireforms. Mid to late production machines have the colored wireforms. This, of course, is not definitive because someone can replace / restore their wireforms with the colored ones. Personally I prefer the chrome ones.
    4. The metal ramp just above the left orbit has "THE PIT" sticker on it. Early production machines do not have this. My machine does not have this sticker.

None of that takes away from the condition of this machine. It is a very nice looking mid production run DP machine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DumbAss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-rollergames-diamondplate-playfield-1?tu=DumbAss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.