(Topic ID: 160618)

For sale: ROCKY (Gottlieb, 1982) Eye of the Tiger!

By shacklersrevenge

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by sbmania
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download_(11)_(resized).jpg
Adrian-1_(resized).jpeg
download_(8)_(resized).jpg
download_(7)_(resized).jpg
DSC05755_(resized).JPG
DSC05756_(resized).JPG
DSC05757_(resized).JPG
DSC05758_(resized).JPG
DSC05759_(resized).JPG
DSC05751_(resized).JPG
DSC05752_(resized).JPG
DSC05753_(resized).JPG
DSC05754_(resized).JPG
DSC05749_(resized).JPG
DSC05750_(resized).JPG
DSC05744_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: ROCKY (Gottlieb, 1982) Eye of the Tiger!

Added: 2016-05-24 20:38:16 UTC • Ended: June 8th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 100

Good condition Rocky,
playfield looks okay, has some stressing to one side but should touch up nice and would be an excellent restoration candidate or play as is.
Backglass is very nice, boards are clean and I just did all the grounding mods. Added a battery pack to the cpu. Everything works great, fast and crazy. Cabinet looks nice and is solid, but has a chunk missing up near the left front leg. Should patch up easy enough. Inside cabinet is clean and the manual is included. If you're looking for a unique and very cool game, this is the one.

Sti shipping okay
I have other system 80's for sale,
pictures soon.

thanks, James - Gardner, MA

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are shacklersrevenge's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to shacklersrevenge's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Gardner, MA, US

#2 7 years ago

DSC05742_(resized).JPGDSC05742_(resized).JPGDSC05748_(resized).JPGDSC05748_(resized).JPGDSC05747_(resized).JPGDSC05747_(resized).JPGDSC05746_(resized).JPGDSC05746_(resized).JPGDSC05745_(resized).JPGDSC05745_(resized).JPGDSC05743_(resized).JPGDSC05743_(resized).JPGDSC05744_(resized).JPGDSC05744_(resized).JPGDSC05750_(resized).JPGDSC05750_(resized).JPGDSC05749_(resized).JPGDSC05749_(resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

DSC05754_(resized).JPGDSC05754_(resized).JPGDSC05753_(resized).JPGDSC05753_(resized).JPGDSC05752_(resized).JPGDSC05752_(resized).JPGDSC05751_(resized).JPGDSC05751_(resized).JPGDSC05759_(resized).JPGDSC05759_(resized).JPGDSC05758_(resized).JPGDSC05758_(resized).JPGDSC05757_(resized).JPGDSC05757_(resized).JPGDSC05756_(resized).JPGDSC05756_(resized).JPGDSC05755_(resized).JPGDSC05755_(resized).JPG

#5 7 years ago

No love for Rocky? I know there are some people out there searching for this one. Offers welcomed too.

#8 7 years ago

Great price for a rare game. Looking to be the next Spirit in the making!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Great price for a rare game. Looking to be the next Spirit in the making!

I'm going to agree with this, even though it seems biased, but ROCKY is a very cool game. You just don't see this game around. I think people are sleeping at the wheel on this one.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I'm going to agree with this, even though it seems biased, but ROCKY is a very cool game. You just don't see this game around. I think people are sleeping at the wheel on this one.

Bring it to Pintastic!

#11 7 years ago

it was there last year all 3 days

#13 7 years ago

Didnt someone sell a restored Rocky for $10,000 or something a couple of years ago? The sale caused a little fuss if I rememeber correctly. I never even saw Rocky before. Glwts!

#14 7 years ago

from facebook about my Rocky

John Trudeau: My first one. Always has a soft spot for me. LOL! · Reply · 1 · May 10 at 8:17am

Says it all, the John Trudeau rookie card!

#15 7 years ago

Couple lower offers than I'd like to be at,
Bumping for a better offer,

#16 7 years ago

Price slash to $2600-
put the gloves on and move into the ring

#17 7 years ago

Can't believe nobody has jumped on this yet. I already own one and if I was close enough I'd buy this one too. Are you guys asleep out there or what ?

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Didnt someone sell a restored Rocky for $10,000 or something a couple of years ago? The sale caused a little fuss if I rememeber correctly. I never even saw Rocky before. Glwts!

That was GRC--a retail shop with a certain reputation when it comes to their marketing strategies.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Can't believe nobody has jumped on this yet. I already own one and if I was close enough I'd buy this one too. Are you guys asleep out there or what ?

Definitely snoozing. I have seen one for sale in all my years, they just don't come around.

#20 7 years ago

i have sold a few Rocky pinballs - steve (balboa rules sold one for 8500 or 8000 at allentown years ago) - i sold a decent one for 4k, a non working import with a great playfield for 4k, a nice one for 5k, and the last one i sold was 2500 that was a players Rocky.

they have never sold quickly - but they always sell. i still have a very nice one and if you haven't played a Rocky you are really missing the unique flippers of this game

thanks ed

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

if you haven't played a Rocky you are really missing the unique flippers of this game
thanks ed

true, when my friend comes over this is the only game he plays, he's hooked. He will be bummed if it sells.

#22 7 years ago

James, also try the Rocky movie collector crowd. You may have better luck with selling the game there.

Steve

#24 7 years ago

bump! feel this one getting close, pm's replied to. Keep the pm's coming and lets find Rocky a new home!

#29 7 years ago

Put it on ebay. You should get 3500-4000 if it's nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-rocky-gottlieb-1982-1984 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.