20210419_171333 (resized).jpg
20210419_171330 (resized).jpg
20210419_171338 (resized).jpg
20210419_171342 (resized).jpg
20210419_171404 (resized).jpg
20210419_171358 (resized).jpg
20210419_171415 (resized).jpg
20210419_171433 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Robocop 80s Kamikow Cheese!

Added: 2021-04-19 21:56:24 UTC • Ended: April 23rd, 2021
Condition: Partially shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 1,750

Fully LED'd manly Kamikow game full of 80s cheese. Easy garage loadout.

$1900 and help moving my Torpedo Alley down a hill into walk out basement or $40,000 without moving help. I just need a spotter really.

Edit: New Videos!
Gameplay walkthrough

Embarrassingly short gameplay demonstration

Pros-
Theme
Leds
Newish (last guy installed) Rottendog display
It has a jump!
Captive Ball!
MULTIBALL!
Stereo Speech
An actual cheap pin with a good theme!

Negatives-
Touched up but presentable cabinet.
Presentable but not perfect translite
Many cracked plastics
Rubbers and balls are okay, but you will likely want to replace.

Disclaimers.
I tou touched up the black around the pops (in the rings)
Left flipper sticks up a half second sometimes after pressed. Probably needs new coil sleeve but flippers very strong.
Painted metal center plastic.
The right side GI does not work from the board. It is currently jumped from left side. GI must remain LED as a result.
Jump ramp has slight crack you can't see without removing by entrance. New ramps are unobtanium.

I have resisted the urge to put in new rubbers and switch out plastics to keep cost low. Both are available from Marcos for about $200 to take it the rest of the way. The topside of this game is extremely easy to shop.

There may be a few other small issues but I will do my best to disclose as found so its a take it or leave it on inspection. Flippers are strong and jump is fun. Great entry level pin or man cave decoration.

Feel free to ask questions here or bump my ad.

Item photos

20210419_060055 (resized).jpg
20210419_164934 (resized).jpg
20210419_171309 (resized).jpg
20210419_171314 (resized).jpg
20210419_171317 (resized).jpg
20210419_171319 (resized).jpg
20210419_171325 (resized).jpg
20210419_171328 (resized).jpg
20210419_171330 (resized).jpg
20210419_171333 (resized).jpg
20210419_171338 (resized).jpg
20210419_171342 (resized).jpg
20210419_171358 (resized).jpg
20210419_171404 (resized).jpg
20210419_171415 (resized).jpg
20210419_171428 (resized).jpg
20210419_171433 (resized).jpg
20210419_171735 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are SantaEatsCheese's market stats.

diamond Seller Level

SantaEatsCheese has the Pinside Diamond seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to SantaEatsCheese's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 1,750

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Crofton, MD, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

#2 3 years ago

I have gotten quite a few PMs already, but have nothing solid so far. I will get to your PMs individually shortly. Here are the questions I have gotten and my answers for the group.
Q: Is this a back glass or a translite?
A: Honestly, I don’t know and can’t tell. I think it’s a back glass. I peeled back the trim a little and can’t feel any translite material and don’t see any tape. It’s probably a backglass but I cannot guarantee that. It is nicely mirrored. There are a few small scratches on it I point out in the video but it is very presentable. If this were a long term keeper for me I would not replace it.
Q: Will you ship?
A: I am not looking to ship at this time.
Q: Can you hold this for me a couple of weeks?
A: I am looking for a quick sale (hence the relatively low price) to move this and get my wife her garage back. Happy wife happy life?
Q: What do you mean by the ramp is “unobtanium”?
A: Reproductions of the ramp have never been made. The ramp on this one has a small crack in it invisible from the players point of view. If it breaks, you will need to repair as reproductions have never been made.
Q: Is the price negotiable?
A: It is the cheapest publically listed Robocop on Pinside in the United States since 2019… what have pinball prices done in that time? Also, the ads been up under a day, so I’m firm at this time.
Q: Why are you selling?
A: Got this along with my Torpedo Alley in a group buy this weekend. I only have room to keep one, and Torpedo Alley is staying with me
Q: Is there anything else wrong with the machine you have found?
A: The “O” in Robocop on the right captive ball doesn’t light. I have not troubleshot.
Q: Is there anything else about this machine I should know?
A: I picked up this machine this weekend and have only ever put about 10 games on this machine. It works now, but the GI has been jumped as mentioned earlier and you will likely want to fix it properly at the board long term. There are no warranties or guarantees implied of any sort on the machine. As I said when I got it the right side GI was out. I have had no issues with the machine since I’ve had it. You are welcome to play test before purchase.

Whew… that was a lot.
As a general aside, I had never played Robocop. I personally think this is one of the ugliest machines I have ever seen, and Robocop does nothing for me as it was before my time. However, it the brief time I’ve had it I can say that it is actually a really fun little game. The sounds are awesome, the movie quotes are in there, the theme is good, and the cabinet art is decent. It’s a fun little shooter and a good bang for your buck pin. The ramp is cool. There is nothing really memorable about it but it is a good bang for your buck pin.

#3 3 years ago

“Before my time”

I know you are still a newb so I’m gonna take it easy on you but Robocop is one of the best movies of all tome.

Watch it!!!

Also, “why are you selling?” Has to be the dumbest question in the hobby.

#4 3 years ago

Great game, great movie. Plus... digital stereo! Here’s a fun video for anyone on the fence:

#5 3 years ago

Seriously you are going far and beyond what you need to sell this game. All those question askers are tire kickers or fake buyers. This is a solid deal at 1900. Someone will buy it.

#6 3 years ago

OP has the best for sale ads. So thorough, recaps questions and even posts offers and final pricing. Well done.

I’ve dealt with him before as well - stand up guy. If I had room, I might just buy this b/c of the theme. Considering this is cheaper than a stern topper 2nd market, it’s a perfect starter pin.

#7 3 years ago

I’d buy that for a $1.

Sorry had to do it. I’ll see my way out. Good luck with sale.

#8 3 years ago

Sold for $1900 and 20 minutes of moving help pending pickup Thursday.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Before my time”
I know you are still a newb so I’m gonna take it easy on you but Robocop is one of the best movies of all tome.
Watch it!!!
Also, “why are you selling?” Has to be the dumbest question in the hobby.

Movie came out while I was in diapers. I don't think I've ever actually watched it, but just for you, I'll watch it in the next week. Preview looks cool and the stop motion ED robot looks awesome!

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Great game, great movie. Plus... digital stereo! Here’s a fun video for anyone on the fence:

"In Digital Stereo" is all over this thing.

Quoted from Palmer:

Seriously you are going far and beyond what you need to sell this game. All those question askers are tire kickers or fake buyers. This is a solid deal at 1900. Someone will buy it.

Only lasted 14 hours...

Quoted from delt31:

OP has the best for sale ads. So thorough, recaps questions and even posts offers and final pricing. Well done.
I’ve dealt with him before as well - stand up guy. If I had room, I might just buy this b/c of the theme. Considering this is cheaper than a stern topper 2nd market, it’s a perfect starter pin.

I love you too.

Quoted from YZRider926:

I’d buy that for a $1.
Sorry had to do it. I’ll see my way out. Good luck with sale.

Unfortunately, I have accepted another offer. Thank you for your consideration.

#9 3 years ago

you'd have to see the movie to understand I'd buy that for a dollar. I was about to post that too until I saw I was beat to the punch. dead or alive, you're coming with me!

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

you'd have to see the movie to understand I'd buy that for a dollar. I was about to post that too until I saw I was beat to the punch. dead or alive, you're coming with me!

#11 3 years ago

There’s just no excuse for not
Watching robocop. I mean what have you been doing all pandemic? Catching up on old seasons of Saved By The Bell?!

I watched The Godfather last week, despite the fact that - get this! - I wasn’t even born when it was released!!

This younger generation, man. I think we are all doomed.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s just no excuse for not
Watching robocop. I mean what have you been doing all pandemic? Catching up on old seasons of Saved By The Bell?!
I watched The Godfather last week, despite the fact that - get this! - I wasn’t even born when it was released!!
This younger generation, man. I think we are all doomed.

Buahahahahahahahaha

#13 3 years ago

And of course, after working perfectly this morning, Robocop is now non-flipping.

I am offering it at $1750 with defference given to primary and alternate buyers (i'll reach out shortly). For a Thursday (as planned) or this weekend pickup.
Video Status Below:

I moved the machine 2 feet and something got pinched or loosened in the machine.. The machine blows the F5 fuse on power up. Further investigations shows that is hooked up to some of the playfield coils. The kickouts and laser kickback work, but the pops, slings, and flippers don't work. It looked like the right pop may have fused on, but bypassing the connection here the machine still blows F5.

So... if I turn on machine and have the ground wire cut before the center pops, F5 does not blow. If I touch the wires together, F5 blows so I'm 95% certain machine has a short under the playfield.

#14 3 years ago

Game just walked out the door for $1750 to original buyer and help setting up Torpedo Alley.
Had 5+ people trying to buy this, including sniping offers of up to $2,000 even in its non working final state.

All in all if I had more room I would absolutely be keeping this.

Thanks all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-robocop-kamikow-80s-cheese and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.