P1030620 (resized).jpg
P1030619 (resized).jpg
P1030618 (resized).jpg
P1030617 (resized).jpg
P1030615 (resized).jpg
P1030614 (resized).jpg
P1030613 (resized).jpg
P1030611 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Road Show

Added: 2018-05-07 01:12:10 UTC • Ended: May 9th, 2018
Condition: Partially restored (almost original)

Price

$ 3,450 (OBO)

Open for offers

I have a Road Show for sale that I just finished restoring. The entire machine was taken apart; all assemblies disassembled and cleaned, all new plastics, playfield touched up, repaired and cleared, apron powder coated, legs, rails and lockdown bar painted and cleared with automotive cleared. Basically nearly everything on the machine was cleaned, and those parts that needed to be replaced were replaced. Of course there are all new rubbers, coil sleeves, etc. Full LED kit (I was told it was Cointaker's when I bought it) and NVRAM are installed.

This was a re-import, and there were some "creative" mods made, such as the typical leaf switch for flipper button instead of optos, a hand-made lexan "yoke" to drive the dozer blade, and a mechanical counter wired into the wiring harness to name a few. All of these items have been removed and replaced with the proper parts.

I ran through all switch tests, all solenoid tests, and all lamp/flasher tests and verified that everything worked. Those that didn't were repaired and/or replaced.

There were a couple items that prevented me from listing this as a full restoration:

1) The ramps for the game are fairly beat up. Nothing I can do about that, since repros are not being made (at least as of yet). I contacted Starship Fantasy several times throughout the 16 months I've had the game, but they indicated that the yellow plastic was the challenge. They did not rule them out, but nothing on the horizon. A previous owner reinforced key spots with metal they cut and shaped, so they don't affect play, but cosmetically they are not great.

2) A previous owner decided to cut the tabs off the bottom of the Ted assembly where it is held onto the playfield. Someone cut sheetmetal to shape and used it to mount the assembly. It works, but it's obviously not original.

I bought this game strictly as a winter project in January of 2017, but it sat largely untouched for about half the time since then. That being said, a lot of work went into this game which I think you'll be able to see in the pictures. Here is a link to a larger gallery:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ertelkpics/collections/ ########## [phone number removed]7650924/

I'm including a repro manual and the repro promo plastics and key fobs that came with the full plastic set.

I have a new game coming soon and need the space, so I am only interested in a cash sale - no trades. Shipping is not a problem if the buyer wants to arrange - I can meet the shippers at home and have the game ready to go. For local pickup, I will have the game waiting in the garage - no stairs and no hassle.

Please respond via PM - I generally do not go back and look at my own for sale threads, and only list them that way to get more exposure.

Item photos

P1030611 (resized).jpg
P1030613 (resized).jpg
P1030614 (resized).jpg
P1030615 (resized).jpg
P1030617 (resized).jpg
P1030618 (resized).jpg
P1030619 (resized).jpg
P1030620 (resized).jpg
P1030621 (resized).jpg
P1030622 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are kse001's market stats.

silver Seller Level

kse001 has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to kse001's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Madison, WI, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

#2 5 years ago

Reduced price after doing a bit more research

#3 5 years ago

Wow you put so much effort into this one... beautiful. Very underrated game. GLWS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 63.95
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-road-show-38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.