(Topic ID: 179149)

For sale: Road Kings (and 8 other pins FS in Central PA)

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF8703 (resized).JPG
DSCF8702 (resized).JPG
DSCF8701 (resized).JPG
DSCF8699 (resized).JPG
DSCF8698 (resized).JPG
DSCF8697 (resized).JPG
DSCF8695 (resized).JPG
DSCF8694 (resized).JPG
DSCF8693 (resized).JPG
DSCF8692 (resized).JPG
DSCF8691 (resized).JPG
DSCF8689 (resized).JPG
DSCF8688 (resized).JPG
DSCF8685 (resized).JPG
DSCF8683 (resized).JPG
DSCF8681 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Road Kings (and 8 other pins FS in Central PA)

Added: 2017-01-03 20:35:44 UTC • Ended: February 10th, 2017
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Price

$ 800 (Firm)

Price is firm

See my latest post of the forum for constantly updated list of what is currently up in the garage for sale. At some point all machines that are not already sold will end up in the marketplace for sale. But right now I just don't have the time for pictures & full descriptions of each.

And now for Road Kings --- For your consideration is a very clean example of this machine in as-found condition. Machine does need board work - boots up but displays are garbled because of the acid damage on the MPU.

Cosmetically this machine is very nice overall - not perfect but much better than most machines you see being sold as projects.

Cabinet is pretty nice overall except for the hole in the front where an alarm button was installed at some point in the past. Coin door is straight and looks decent overall.

Playfield does have some very minor wear in spots with out Mylar on them as well as a little very minor planking here & their.

Pictures should pretty much tell you everything you need to know.

NOTE: One picture is a picture of some of the mess in the garage - this is after about 3 hours of clean up today. Hopefully this will help some of the people who just couldn't understand why I couldn't post pictures sooner!

Item photos

DSCF8677 (resized).JPG
DSCF8679 (resized).JPG
DSCF8680 (resized).JPG
DSCF8681 (resized).JPG
DSCF8683 (resized).JPG
DSCF8685 (resized).JPG
DSCF8688 (resized).JPG
DSCF8689 (resized).JPG
DSCF8691 (resized).JPG
DSCF8692 (resized).JPG
DSCF8693 (resized).JPG
DSCF8694 (resized).JPG
DSCF8695 (resized).JPG
DSCF8697 (resized).JPG
DSCF8698 (resized).JPG
DSCF8699 (resized).JPG
DSCF8701 (resized).JPG
DSCF8702 (resized).JPG
DSCF8703 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are too-many-pins's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to too-many-pins's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Carlisle, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

#2 7 years ago

This was one of the first machines I posted for sale from the "warehouse find" and "collection of project stash sell off " and with in a day a guy contacted me saying he wanted it. I marked it as sale pending for him but after holding it for over two weeks with no action from him it is time to make it available again.

This coming week I'll be listing additional machines and so far the sell down has been a great success. Most of the machines from my original post about these have been sold but I still have 4 machines from the original 14 I have not had time to check over and get listed. Those will be posted on the marketplace Monday or Tuesday as well as some additional machines this coming week. I moved another 4 machines to the garage this morning so I have plenty of stuff to check over & list this coming week.

Thanks for all the interest so far! Skip

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

a guy contacted me saying he wanted it. I marked it as sale pending for him but after holding it for over two weeks with no action from him...

Non refundable deposit will keep that nonsense to a minimum Skip. Otherwise you'll have the same thing happen with half the games you sell.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Non refundable deposit will keep that nonsense to a minimum Skip. Otherwise you'll have the same thing happen with half the games you sell.

Typically I don't have much of an issue with people that don't show up. Most of the local pinball guys know you will not get a second chance when you play that game with me. This one was partly my fault because when the guy was hot on the machine I was down sick with the flu. Once I was OK to deal with it he kept having excuses - I let that slide because I have been busy with other stuff but now it has been long enough so time to put it back up for sale.

I have never taken a deposit with over 50 years of selling experience. I just keep score and if you don't show up on time or don't follow up with a transaction next time you email about something you go to the bottom of the list. You would be amazed how quickly guys figure out I am not one to mess with - just in case I have something you really want later. I am all about being "fair" with everyone but I am not big on second chances once someone doesn't follow up with me.

The only thing that bugs me more is when someone doesn't show up on time and doesn't contact me. I know stuff happens but I also know everyone carries a cell phone. I quick call to say you are running late or can't make it is fine. Me wasting a half a day waiting for you and you not showing up and we will never do business again!

#5 7 years ago

Latest list of stuff headed to the garage Tuesday from our collection and being sold as working machines is: Revenge From Mars, F-14, Diner, Black Rose, Waterworld, Cue Ball Wizard, and maybe Pin-Bot. Once I get these to the garage I'll post them on the marketplace as long as they don't sell before that.

Thanks for all the interest so far. I am on track to get 60 machines sold by the end of February as long as we don't get 2 feet of snow or something. Wish me luck as far as the weather goes! That is my biggest concern right now because once there is ice or snow on the ground it is impossible for me to get machines up the hill on my side yard & into the garage.

Sorry I have not been able to post additional machines on the Marketplace lately but I just have had to many going out the door before I can get them listed to get new listing up.

#6 7 years ago

GREAT NEWS! I just got an email from the warehouse seller and next trip south is likely going to happen with in the next couple weeks. Once I pick up the next load of machines I'll have a bunch more "project machines" for sale.

Right now the next group headed to the garage is from our collection so prices are near average for those titles but 90% of the machines from the collection are much better than average condition machines.

Once some of the stuff from the collection is sold hopefully I'll have a load of projects up again for those of you looking for projects at a cheaper price instead of buying shopped and fully working machines.

#7 7 years ago

Lots of emails but still for sale at this point!

#8 7 years ago

If all goes as planned I want to try to get a couple machines listed tomorrow but at this point they are still not moved from the basement to the garage so I can't get pictures yet (since they are folder up in the basement ready to move). Three machines headed to the garage tomorrow are:

Black Rose - odd oversize coin door (was purchased with this on it) - playfeild wear at cannon - center ramp has been repaired (poorly before I bought it) - plays decent and was shopped less than 100 plays ago. Basically a solid "players quality" machine priced accordingly. Might have a few bulbs out or a switch or two that needs adjusting but it seemed to play good last time we played it. Price will be between $1800 and $2000 depending on what we might still need to do to it to get it 100% or $1800 as it sits.

Diner - very nice overall - cabinet has some poorly done touch ups that need to be cleaned off and fixed in black areas but otherwise a very nice machine. Plays good and should be 100%. Shopped about 100 plays ago (give or take a dozen). $2500 (I might consider an offer close to $2500 depending on what I do with the overspray on the cabinet. If I put time into the cabinet before it sells price will be closer to firm.

F-14 - middle of the road condition - not "players quality" but a little better. Will never be "collectors quality" but a good working machine for a good price. I don't remember if we shopped this one or not. Should play 100% but it might have a bulb or two our or maybe a switch or something that needs adjusting. $1200 (firm).

All of these will be listed in the Marketplace ASAP once I get them set up in the garage. But for now I wanted to let everyone know what was headed to the garage next. THANKS!

#9 7 years ago

Another neat machine I have in the garage that will be listed shortly is Strange Science. That one is a semi working project - it boots up and you can play it but we have not totally gone through it or anything. If I sell that as it sits $1200 will buy it. If we end up going through it completely price will be around $1500. Overall it is a very clean machine - not perfect but much better than average.

We also have an El Dorado City of Gold about as nice as it gets - we will be looking for around $1400 on that once we finish going through it or $1250 as it sits. It doesn't need much - a quick shop job and maybe a few light bulbs or a couple switched adjusted but it already plays pretty nice.

#10 7 years ago

We finally got most of the machines moved from the basement to the garage that we wanted to move and we are coming down home stretch on some of the half finished project machines so if Road Kings doesn't sell before next week I might just take the listing down & fix it up. Once boards repair is done, machine is shopped & any other small issues are fixed I'll likely price it at around $1250 if anyone is interested in it that way. I really prefer selling it as a project but it drives me crazy when something I have listed doesn't sell in a week or two. I like to keep stuff moving once I decide to sell it.

#11 7 years ago

Strange Science, F-14 and Black Rose are tentatively sold.

I am waiting for machines to be picked up before we can move next batch to the garage. Keep watching my marketplace listing for updates.

#12 7 years ago

I'll post a new list early next week once I finally get some stuff picked up over the weekend but right now it looks like I only have 5 or 6 machines in the garage not spoken for. They include: Diner $2500 (very nice overall see note above), Fire (cabinet has a fair amount of paint loss working project) $1250, second Fire (fairly nice - working condition unknown) price unknown till finished, El Dorado (about as nice as it gets) $1400, Caveman in Marketplace $750 and the Road Kings listed here.

#13 7 years ago

Keep 'em coming.
My last project deal didnt work out so I'm itching for a good winter project! Hoping for something cheap and unique!
Wish I saw the strange science sooner.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Keep 'em coming.
My last project deal didnt work out so I'm itching for a good winter project! Hoping for something cheap and unique!
Wish I saw the strange science sooner.

If I can ever find the time to run south for the second load 10 or 11 of the 12 machines I'll be bringing home will be for sale as projects. That trip is suppose to happen sometime in early February but I don't have a date finalized yet. I also still have a few projects to move to the garage from our project stash here in PA but the garage is full right now - about 8 machines waiting to be picked up and another 6 I have posted here.

I have two guys coming to grab machines from me this weekend I already moved to storage for them. Once those 9 machines are gone I'll likely just end up moving some of this sold stuff to storage. That creates a fair amount of extra work for me but it is the only way I can keep things moving.

Thanks,
Skip

#15 7 years ago

Eight machines picked up over the weekend and Road Kings was moved to storage to make more room in the garage for stuff coming in. I listed a project Magic in the Marketplace yesterday and hope to get a couple other machines listed later today or tomorrow. Again thanks to all who have been buying machines or watching machines I am putting up for sale.

Once a few more are sold I'll finally have the funds & space to run down and pick up the second load from the warehouse deal. Unlike the first load (which was mostly machines we picked out to keep) the entire second load will be coming home and sold as projects. So sometime in February (if all goes as planned) some of the project machines from the warehouse deal will FINALLY start getting listed.

#16 7 years ago

Magic is now sold and moved to storage waiting to be delivered.

Machines now in the garage that are not spoken for at this point include:

Diner $2500 (very nice overall but cabinet has some kind of nasty touch ups on black that should be cleaned up and redone - shopped & fully working )

Eight Ball (Fonzie machine) $850 with Alltek board & fully working & shopped - $600 as a project shopped with bad MPU

Cue Ball Wizard - $1400 (very nice overall - sold by Heatherly "Pinball Barn" a few years back) - (both Bill & Dan Heatherly are known for nice work)

El Dorado City of Gold - $1400 (super nice overall with near flawless backglass working & shopped)

Fire $1250 (fully working but cabinet is kind of players quality with some paint loss)

Fire $1500 (second machine - very nice overall but has typical building damage)

Shaq Attaq $850 (project machine that plays but has some issues & playfield wear) $900 with spare playfield in better shape

#17 7 years ago

A very nice Buck Rogers is headed to the garage from the collection later today. I would rate Buck as an 8.5 all the way around. Some cupping of inserts is about the worst thing I can say about this machine. Fully working and shopped with an asking price of $800 (OBO) at this point.

#18 7 years ago

Nothing has changed much over the past few days. A couple sold machines were picked up but I needed that space for other machines getting picked up over the weekend so nothing new moved to the garage that is for sale recently.

Next on the list of stuff headed to the garage will be a couple pretty nice Space Shuttles & maybe a Slugfest. I think one of the Space Shuttles is already sold and I have another guy interested in the other one but nothing is finalized with either of those. Price point on those will be around $1200 each (give or take a few dollars) if they don't go to the two guys who voiced an interest in them. Not sure on price of Slugfest yet!

I'll post an updated list with everything still getting sold off this Winter once a few more machines are picked up. We are coming down home stretch with machines for sale until after Allentown. At this point 34 machines are spoken for (or gone) and another 12 are being held waiting for people to come see them once they are finished. I think that will leave me with about another half dozen machines for sale beyond what was talked about above unless some of them get sold before hand. Thanks to all who have helped make this happen so quickly! The warehouse deal is getting closer every day!

Perhaps - if I have the space & time - I'll get some EM's listed before I head south for a few weeks in March. It really just depends on how fast some of these machines are picked up once sold. If not the EM's will be headed to Allentown when I get home from Florida.

#19 7 years ago

Eight Ball and Buck Rogers tentatively sold.

Diner, Cue Ball Wizard, El Dorado City of Gold, and both FIRE's still up for grabs as well as a Hot Tip for $550.

It looks like another fairly busy week finishing up a couple machines we sold as fully working that were going to be sold as projects and I am suppose to have 8 machines being picked up this week - F-14, Black Rose, Strange Science, X's&O's, Space Invaders, Buck Rogers, Eight Ball, and Waterworld are all suppose to be leaving. All thanks to Craig's List and past customers!

Once they are gone a nicer F-14, two Space Shuttles, and something else should be headed into the garage and added to the for sale list. Sorry but I can't remember the last machine getting moved from storage to the garage this week.

#20 7 years ago

I just drove over to storage to see what the last machine was I could not remember and there are actually 2 additional machines heading home from storage - first is the Road Kings listed here (I moved that two storage last week to make room in the garage for other stuff) and the second is the $1500 Fire listed above.

So the UPDATED list of machines from the collection & project stash is this:

Diner - $2500 - very nice overall (shopped & working 100%)

Hot Tip - $550 - working project (seems to play fine but connectors & stuff have not been checked)

Cave Man - $750 - working project

El Dorado (CITY OF GOLD) - $1400 - super nice overall & shopped

Cue Ball Wizard - $1400 - super nice overall

Road Kings - $800 - cosmetically very clean but needs board work

Space Shuttle - $1100 - working project

Space Shuttle - $1250 - working project

Fire - $1250 - fully working but cabinet has some cosmetic issues

Fire - $1500 - fully working nice overall (2nd machine)

Next Up will be: Revenge From Mars, Doctor Who, Slugfest, and maybe Shaq Attaq

That should due it until I start listing "project machines" from the warehouse find unless some of the people I have that are suppose to grab machines flake out on me.

#21 7 years ago

How much are you going to be asking for the revenge from Mars and slug fest?

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

How much are you going to be asking for the revenge from Mars and slug fest?

Revenge is a super nice original from our collection and that is $3000 FIRM. I have one guy coming this week to look at it so anyone else interested will be second in line for that.

Slugfest we need to decide on price once we decide if we want to sell that as a working project or fixed. That currently has a couple minor issues we need to repair.

#23 7 years ago

Currently on HOLD for 3 different customers are: Hot Tip, Doctor Who, & Cue Ball Wizard.

Ten or eleven more machines to go and then I can head South for a few weeks it enjoy the Florida sun before getting involved in moving a bunch of stuff from that warehouse deal and starting the selloff of dozens of machines again later this Spring. I am hoping to pick up one or two loads from that deal before I head South but it all depends on sellers schedule.

My new trailer is sitting in the driveway ready to roll when ever I get the email from the seller! I just picked up my "dream trailer" this afternoon - wish it was bigger but I got the biggest one I could tow safely with either my van or my wives mini van - a decked out 6x12 enclosed beauty just waiting for me to get the "E" track installed.

Thanks to all who have made this a very positive experience. And to all the Pinside "haters" I have to inform you things went off without even one small issue so far. No drama - no BS - just lots of machines headed out the door and a nice pile of cash ready for my next trip to pick up the next load from that warehouse deal.

#24 7 years ago

Well I tried to post an update about what we have going on and for some reason it was shut down right away. I don't see why I can't post about machines for sale without moderators feeling the need to shut the post down but in any event I will still keep trying to keep the Pinside community informed any way I can.

Sorry this has become more about drama then anything else thanks to a few "out of the local area haters". All I want to do is to list & sell a few machines here on Pinside but for some reason this is a problem?

More Marketplace ads will be posted once I have room for everything still for sale in the garage. Thanks to all who have sent notes of support or who have helped make most of this a positive experience! We are finally coming down the "home stretch" with machines being sold from the collection & "project stash". Sometime late Spring the selloff of the 'warehouse find machines" will begin.

#25 7 years ago

Well I tried to post an update about what we have going on and for some reason it was shut down right away.

Because "I don't have any information yet but stay tuned" isn't an update and you already have this thread you're posting sale information in.

One is plenty. Enjoy Florida Skip.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Because "I don't have any information yet but stay tuned" isn't an update and you already have this thread you're posting sale information in.
One is plenty. Enjoy Florida Skip.

My deal is trying to save from typing dozens of emails by posting but I guess there is a problem with it so I guess I'll have to waste a day replying to each person one at a time. I just wish Pinside had some type of "bulk reply" so I could just reply to all at once but no such luck.

As far as "no information" 32 or 35 machines sold in 3 weeks - still have a dozen or more for sale - etc is information in my eyes. Yes I don't have any additional information about the warehouse deal but there has been a lot of stuff going on here in the past 3 weeks? 50+ machines getting sold is news to me regardless of what happens with the warehouse deal.

It seems to be fine for everyone else to post about everything else under the sun but for some reason some people have issue with me trying to spread a bunch of machines around instead of just wholesaling them all to someone like Lloyd and that is the part I just don't get. But I guess I am stupid!

Anyway - again to all who have PMed me about this and all who have supported me I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU!

#27 7 years ago

I'm glad you posted that thread because I didn't know you were just posting stuff here... Been wondering why I hadn't seen any more threads for the other games...

#28 7 years ago

My deal is trying to save from typing dozens of emails by posting but I guess there is a problem with it so I guess I'll have to waste a day replying to each person one at a time. I just wish Pinside had some type of "bulk reply"

Pinside has that. Feel free to post your updates in this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-road-kings-pins-for-sale-in-central-pa#post-3556325

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'm glad you posted that thread because I didn't know you were just posting stuff here... Been wondering why I hadn't seen any more threads for the other games...

That is why I posted that other thread but for some reason my threads about selling off machines keep getting shut down by the moderators. All I am trying to do is to let as many people as possible know about machines I have up for sale just in case I have a title they have been looking for. I have a wholesale buyer that will basically take everything I want to sell him but that doesn't get these machines to people who have been looking for them. Thankfully I have been able to hook up over two dozen people with machines they really wanted and I want to continue to do that if Pinside moderators would just allow me to do so.

To me - instead of shutting my post down they should be shutting down the couple dozen "haters" who have been negative towards what I am trying to do ever since I started. But it is Pinside & pinball so I shouldn't expect anything rational to happen. This is by far the worst hobby I have ever been involved in as far as a few haters messing things up for the majority! One way or another I'll keep working around them!

#30 7 years ago

Both Fire machines, both Space Shuttles, an F-14 & this Road Kings and a Flight 2000 might be spoken for as a bulk deal to a friend of mine. I let this post and marketplace listing ride for now until that deal is finalized but at this point another 7 machines will be gone this weekend. As long as that deal happens I'll be down to just a handful of machines still to be sold.

List of what is not currently spoken for or not on hold is:

Diner $2500

Cave Man $750

El Dorado city of gold $1400

Shaq Attaq $850

Slugfest (price unknown at this point)

That is all that remains of 50+ machines we were trying to sell off quickly to raise funds and make room for the warehouse deal.
Not bad in less than a month! Now all I need to do is to get stuff moving North from that warehouse deal and get ready to do it all over again!
I know I originally said 60+ machines but we decided to keep 3 or 4 we were on the fence about and I have not gotten into the EM's yet. They will be next if I have time before I head south for a few weeks.

#31 7 years ago

What's the Shaq's issues? Does the spare playfield have wear?

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

What's the Shaq's issues? Does the spare playfield have wear?

From memory (machine has been folded up several years) Shaq has some playfield wear and playfield was extremely dirty. Machine did play but the little upper flipper didn't work. Could be a simple fix like a wire off coil or bad coil or that could be more involved. From experience I would say simple fix since lower flipper was fine. Beyond that just little issues here & their as far as I can remember. We played it some when we bought it but never set it up once we got it home due to lack of space.

I do have another decent playfield that needs some minor touch up work that we bought off eBay thinking we would repair that and do a playfield swap but that never happened.

If you don't mind some playfield wear it wouldn't take much to make Shaq into a decent machine. Cabinet and everything else is pretty nice overall but playfield needs some love. Not the worst I have seen but it really needs a good cleaning and shop job.

#33 7 years ago

Moving the still for sale list over to the Caveman Marketplace Listing because I need to make Road Kings SOLD now and that will be the end of this post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-road-kings-pins-for-sale-in-central-pa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.