New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 147690)

For sale: Ripley's Believe It or Not! HUO- immaculate.

By shacklersrevenge

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by eabundy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 4,000

for sale

For sale: Ripley's Believe It or Not! HUO- immaculate.

Added: December 27th, 2015 Ended: February 11th, 2016
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Item description

Mint condition HUO RBION.

Collector quality, cabinet is mint, no flipper button wear, the game looks like it came right out of the box. Playfield has zero wear or issues and plays spot on perfectly. Cliffy protector at scoop installed (I have a picture right before it was installed-zero wear)
Inlane protector at ball drop
has Nvram for battery backup
Updated roms
Custom topper and playfield sign mod
I believe it's under 400 total plays, maybe slightly over. I can check if needed.
factory goodie bag with extra stickers, slingshot plastics and manual
Pictures shortly

$4000

Would consider a trade for a TSPP or Tron

STI shipping okay
thanks, James
Gardner, MA 01440

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 3,700

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Gardner, MA, US

Seller insights

These are shacklersrevenge's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

96.0%

Go to shacklersrevenge's stats page

#3 4 years ago

Wow! It looks like the value of mine just went up!

GLWS!

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wow! It looks like the value of mine just went up!
GLWS!

I bend, and sometimes a lot.

The other thing is, I think many people if they could would like to slide one of these out of the box. This is the next best thing.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I bend, and sometimes a lot.
The other thing is, I think many people if they could would like to slide one of these out of the box. This is the next best thing.

I can't wait to see pics.

#7 4 years ago

So did you do any of the mods you talking about? I'd like to own one someday but not this one. Very nice though.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

So did you do any of the mods you talking about? I'd like to own one someday but not this one. Very nice though.

Did the topper and the bigfoot sign

#9 4 years ago

Bump ...a good offer will land this beauty.

#10 4 years ago

The other thing is, I think many people if they could would like to slide one of these out of the box.

No doubt about that! A nice one not only looks better than a beat up one, but will also play better. My favorite game of the new millennium.

#11 4 years ago

One of these was described as just out of the box very recently. took a bit to find a buyer though.

#12 4 years ago

send an offer, maybe we can dance to it.

Sti shipping A-okay, and I will personally wrap this like a web.

#13 4 years ago

I can't believe this hasn't sold yet. Actually I can. It may be a while before the masses come to appreciate what a great machine this is.

Bump!

#14 4 years ago

One of my favorite games GLWS

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I can't believe this hasn't sold yet. Actually I can.

Well it's a very high price so it''ll take a very specific buyer at the right time to grab it. Maybe someone could make a shitty new backglass everyone will love to help it. But hey, we're preaching to the choir on what a great title it is.

#16 4 years ago

I have HUO that i bought NIB and would not sell it for any less than 4K.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I have a routed good condition one I wouldn't sell for 4K either.
EDIT: What that means I have no idea.

#18 4 years ago

I do regret passing on the huo one that was near by a couple months back. I couldn't get over the art work, just not for me but the game is awesome!!

#19 4 years ago

I wouldn't sell mine either and my collection is mostly EMs now. But what a special game this is.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Me too.......we are Ripley's Twinnies

#21 4 years ago

I love the call outs on the game

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I love the call outs on the game

The PF Art & Audio have never bothered me, and I don't know we so many people have an issue with it.
The BG I can see that.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The PF Art & Audio have never bothered me, and I don't know we so many people have an issue with it.

Take a look at what most people are into these days and it becomes obvious. If it isn't photoshopped artwork, rock bands from forever ago, or recent TV shows with redneck callouts, it just doesn't fit in.

And I like the backglass.

#24 4 years ago

This is truly a wonderful game. I have it priced at 4k basically for two reasons. One, HUO mint condition examples are far and few between. there are plenty of routed Ripley's (sort of..)

Two, because it's a great game, I really don't mind if it has to stay put. I figured I would offer it up and use the $$ towards a GOT.

It is a very difficult game set stock, very challenging to get to Atlantis. It definitely has that ''one more game'' feeling.

#25 4 years ago

Yeah it's all aboot what the whole "HUO" is worth for someone; Some people quite a bit.

#26 4 years ago

I figured I would offer it up and use the $$ towards a GOT.

Don't know what to tell you there man. Of course if you change your mind later on... I'm sure another perfect Ripley's will come your way.

Or as Col. Troutman said "don't do it Johnny!"

#27 4 years ago

Phew, luckily I had a NGG laying around to sell towards a GOT

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it's all aboot what the whole "HUO" is worth for someone; Some people quite a bit.

Yes. I tend to go both ways on it. If I can get a good condition routed game for less, I will, but of course I prefer the huo no wear stuff like anyone else, even if it means paying a bit more.

I have seen HUO WPT that are routed, and almost every one of them had scratches or messed up cabs for $2200-2600. I don't think I would part with my pristine HUO WPT for 4k.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Take a look at what most people are into these days and it becomes obvious. If it isn't photoshopped artwork, rock bands from forever ago, or recent TV shows with redneck callouts, it just doesn't fit in.

I'll take that rock band of yesterdays' Metallica art package any day over Ripleys and the gameplay isn't too shabby either

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Id take my met pro or twd prem over a Ripleys any day the week and twice on Sunday lol. Nothing wrong with rbion I had a awesome one for a month but it dont hold a candle to met or twd game play imo. However I am surprised this hasn't sold yet bc many people are looking for one and this one is basically nib.

#31 4 years ago

Nice! I got my Ripley's in trade for one of the machines I traded METLE for and now I sleep much better at night.

#32 4 years ago

I have a Metallica Premium- my favorite... ...and my Ripley's is set to arrive this week. Otherwise, I would be all over this one. Spinners, scoops, multiple levels, multiball modes, three flippers and a shrunken head? Hells yeah.

GLWS

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Id take my met pro or twd prem over a Ripleys any day the week and twice on Sunday lol. Nothing wrong with rbion I had a awesome one for a month but it dont hold a candle to met or twd game play imo. However I am surprised this hasn't sold yet bc many people are looking for one and this one is basically nib.

Two different games. Met is cool fan layout similar to afm in my mind. I own both, rbion is an under appreciated Lawlor journey and unique.

#34 4 years ago

This is one of my favorite games. I'm going to be looking for a new or close to new game this year but won't be ready till probably mid summer. Good luck with the sale.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Two different games. Met is cool fan layout similar to afm in my mind. I own both, rbion is an under appreciated Lawlor journey and unique.

I agree but once you have owed rs, tz, ww and Ripleys they all feel about the same . I decided to keep tz over all others as its the best of his titles imo or at least till the jjp pin comes out . Its funny how things change as no one wanted rbion when I had one and now its pretty popular

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I agree but once you have owed rs, tz, ww and Ripleys they all feel about the same . I decided to keep tz over all others as its the best of his titles imo or at least till the jjp pin comes out . Its funny how things change as no one wanted rbion when I had one and now its pretty popular

Pinball Arcade might have helped that opinion.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Pinball Arcade might have helped that opinion.

Yea maybe seems like every title I sell then comes out on pin arcade and then skys in price lol.

#38 4 years ago

Yes. I tend to go both ways on it. If I can get a good condition routed game for less, I will, but of course I prefer the huo no wear stuff like anyone else, even if it means paying a bit more.
I have seen HUO WPT that are routed, and almost every one of them had scratches or messed up cabs for $2200-2600. I don't think I would part with my pristine HUO WPT for 4k.

That's because WPT is the best game ever made! I love it!

#39 4 years ago

bump for fair offer

#41 4 years ago

Congrats! Played one for the first time this week and fell in love with the game! Someone will surely enjoy it.

#42 4 years ago

Nice. My 26yr old son home from LA was constantly on me to grab this one. Would have been a good fit for us, if only I had the space. Someday...

1 week later
#43 4 years ago

I have to share this. As mentioned, I recently got a Ripley's, and I have to tell you it is absolutely one of my favorite pins I have been exposed to. I like the kooky nature of the game, the various multiball, and I enjoy thenpace of the game when I want to out some time on a pin. I hate to say but, but it is getting three times the play of my beautiful MetPrem.

I encourage anyone on the fence to snag one of these. The light show is a great blend of old and new school- and if you can, definitely buy the Pinball Arcade version to learn some of the rules. Truly, and awesome game.

#44 4 years ago

looking for one near Cleveland. Any leads?

#45 4 years ago

Hey guys. I will be posting my ad soon to sell my rbion. It has full led upgrade. In really nice shape.

Stay tuned.

#46 4 years ago

Sure.............Joey

#47 4 years ago

I have a super nice one with the slightest hint of flipper wear on the left side. If this didnt sell i was gonna ask for a trade and 700 or put mine up for sale to buy. GREAT GAME

#48 4 years ago

Getting this RBION in 2 days

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Getting this RBION in 2 days

Sweet!

#50 4 years ago

Even sweeter that the truck made it out before Snowmaggenocalypse (tm)!!

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside