View topic image gallery

giphy.gif
theroom (resized).png
5635103D-04DE-4107-9983-1A88ECF23669 (resized).png
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
41828EF8-0D23-4F42-95D9-AB86A70341BE.gif
46528160-3336-4161-BDB5-E5B0446AFB1F (resized).jpeg
giphy (1).gif

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago

For the record........I support this Pinsiders right to flip.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Lets see what we have here....

An angry college town landlord that refuses section 8 payment and requires 60k+ yearly income for a $1200 home is angry at someone they dont know in a situation in which they have no information.
Ill buy the paragon playfield Im sure you have. Unless you think holding onto it in order to wait for the CPR version to come out (thus undercutting your value by a cool ~20%) makes more sense. BTW, you didnt seem to scoff at the idea of paying or selling games for significantly more than what was paid for them in other posts.

Oooo look! The very rare upset pinball tech who charges 90$ for diagnosis and 75 bucks an hour for work who also leases and sells games. Im sure he's never made a whole 1000$ on pinball in his life!

Beautiful shooter lane on the 6900 tron pro someone sold a couple months back apparently. No problem with Tron being worth much more than what it was sold for, eh? Imagine posting "I hate you" because of a classifieds listing

DO ya reckon tales from the crypt was worth 6k+ in 1993? Because thats what you just sold one for in real 1993 adjusted dollars. I wonder if you made even a penny more than what you paid for the 29 items you've listed here. Edit: this is me being wrong. Excuse me.
Friends: I have a spot I no longer need as my circumstances changed. I'm sorry if this is upsetting to you. Please save the "righteous" indignation for someone else.

This is how you respond to hecklers!

#53 4 years ago

Wow. Seems completely inconsistent with Whys Now current position. Lots of posts on that thread too.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Jimmy is just a local guy with some pretty big personal issues and an oddly strange personal vendetta towards me

Jimmy is one of the most honest people I have come across in the hobby, he just doesn’t stay quiet when your hypocrisy is on display.

Maybe you can share those huge personal issues with everyone so we can all be educated what to watch out for?

#55 4 years ago

Remind me, was AMH over 7k NIB?

How about that PF?

5635103D-04DE-4107-9983-1A88ECF23669 (resized).png5635103D-04DE-4107-9983-1A88ECF23669 (resized).png
#56 4 years ago

Here's some more math....

- Buy a "spot" for $1500
- Flip it for $2500 3 days later
- Make 67% profit in three days!!!

What makes this "excellent"...
- no possession of goods involved - no moving games, driving to pick up, shipping, etc. -- SWEET!
- no time involved (3 days!) for the investment to skyrocket - AWESOME!
- high profit, with low investment - no need to spend $8K, and flip for $1K profit, $1.5K is all you need
--- You can even charge the 1.5K on a credit card, and pay it off before the bill arrives!!!
- the best part... You are making someone who missed out extremely happy

It's a total win-win for all involved

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

- Buy a "spot" for $1500
- no possession of goods involved - no moving games, driving to pick up, shipping, etc. -- SWEET!
- high profit, with low investment - no need to spend $8K, and flip for $1K profit, $1.5K is all you need
--- You can even charge the 1.5K on a credit card, and pay it off before the bill arrives!!!

I have an offer pending. This spot is worth more but I just wanted to get rid of it.

You’ll see more spots for sale with worse numbers make more money. I expect Whysnow to be in every one of those threads

#58 4 years ago

Lets see what we have here....
Oooo look! The very rare upset pinball tech who charges 90$ for diagnosis and 75 bucks an hour for work who also leases and sells games. Im sure he's never made a whole 1000$ on pinball in his life!

Touche!
Remind me to send you my credit report, shoe size, and urine sample after this sale so you can know more about me!

#59 4 years ago

Pinsiders keep getting richer and richer. I've seen pics of the game rooms and sports cars. Most of you didn't make that money by being saints. If "business is business" for you, that's how it should be for everyone else.

And besides, there is a pattern that game anticipation is more exciting than game delivery. Spots often go over the initial price. Games usually fall in price.

#60 4 years ago

A few years ago, I "flipped" my Magic Girl spot for $23,000 and I was vilified for it. Iceman44 concocted and slandered me as being a shill for Jpop and the gullible Pinside mob happily piled on.

We are all here to make or at least keep as much money as we can. That's just smart personal economics.
Some people are incapable of looking inward and simply jealous when others do it better or in a different fashion.

Good luck with your sale.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Touche!
Remind me to send you my credit report, shoe size, and urine sample after this sale so you can know more about me!

Don’t post your information publicly and throw barbs

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Pinsiders keep getting richer and richer. I've seen pics of the game rooms and sports cars. Most of you didn't make that money by being saints. If "business is business" for you, that's how it should be for everyone else.

I don't know if that is representative of everybody who would like to own a pin. There has to be a significant amount of people who can afford only maybe 1, but that is pure speculation.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

And besides, there is a pattern that game anticipation is more exciting than game delivery. Spots often go over the initial price. Games usually fall in price.

If you think 1k is gonna put me in the black, you’re nuts. This is going towards a paragon PF and back into the hobby.

I heard there was a guy who had one... anyone know him?

#64 4 years ago

I'm just a low end pinball guy who wouldn't ever think of "buying a spot" for a game that isn't even built yet.....however, if I did and then sold it for an hefty profit just after I did, it would just make me an arsehole.

If my circumstances did change and I had to bail, then first person who hands me the same cash I've already put out gets my spot.

My 2 pence.....and I'll give the OP some credit, there's a few others selling already that need a throat punch for the price they want.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I don't know if that is representative of everybody who would like to own a pin. There has to be a significant amount of people who can afford only maybe 1, but that is pure speculation.

Good to know that I'm not the only one... haha.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

A few years ago, I "flipped" my Magic Girl spot for $23,000 and I was vilified for it. Iceman44 concocted and slandered me as being a shill for Jpop and the hypocritical Pinside mob happily piled on.
We are all here to make or keep as much money as we can. That's just smart personal economics.
Some people are incapable of looking inward and simply jealous when others do it better or in a different fashion.
Good luck with your sale.

I take objection to "all". Only because your personal ethics allow to screw everybody over in sight for personal gain, that doesn't mean it's true for everybody else.

#67 4 years ago

It's not really screwing someone over if they voluntarily pay for it. This isn't like someone looking for a place to live when their only other option is the bridge downtown. FFS many of you 60 year olds act like 10 year olds.

When I start seeing you people put your games up for less than market value for strangers, not your friends (to start not drop) then you can start acting high and mighty.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's not really screwing someone over if they voluntarily pay for it. This isn't like someone looking for a place to live when their only other option is the bridge downtown. FFS many of you 60 year olds act like 10 year olds.

That's fair but as soon as you do this with a limited resource with no value add then it becomes questionable. To take this to the extreme, think back to the thing with the epi pens, increasing the price drastically. Obviously that's not really comparable because this is not a life saving necessity, but where I'm getting with this is that different people have different ethics in terms of when they consider something like this frivolous.

Personal attacks of course are not called for and if it was taken as such I apologise.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I take objection to "all". Only because your personal ethics allow to screw everybody over in sight for personal gain, that doesn't mean it's true for everybody else.

Who did I screw over?
Wasn't I the one who got screwed by the slanderous lies told about me?

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Who did I screw over?
Wasn't I the one who got screwed by the slanderous lies told about me?

I retract "screw over". Wrong wording and is a personal insult which is why I apologise for.
"Profit from" is what I should have said.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

That is what you say here because somehow you feel aligned with the OP.
If it was a "rich pinsider" that bought a spot that you wanted badly, and that pinsider was upcharging you 67% you would have the exact opposite opinion.

Consider pulling back from the Us and Them mentality, and just consider everyone's actions in the same light.
-- Don't do to others what you wouldn't want them doing to you.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I retract "screw over". Wrong wording and is a personal insult which is why I apologise for.

Thank you for the correction. Very kind of you and rare to see on Pinside.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You did not miss anything. Jimmy is just a local guy with some pretty big personal issues and an oddly strange personal vendetta towards me. He dedicates an unhealthy amount of time to it.
He knows but seems to forget that I sold that game for exactly what I paid for it.
I owned that game for over a year, and then advertised it for current market rate. I ended up selling for exactly what I paid which is clearly shown in the market archive if you looked.
You bought a spot (not a game and nothing you even have in your possession) with the sole intent to flip it.
You probably dont see the difference?
as for this >>>

Madison is a town of almost 300k and I live on the opposite side from the college so am yet to see a college kid in my neighborhood looking to rent. I rent below market for above average quality homes to good people.
Average income in the city is 31k (that includes college students in the average). Math is probably not your strong suit but have at it while you try to make yourself feel better.
You may not realize but people are frustrated with you by your flippant flipperisms for a game that has so much positivism going on right now.
Good luck with your sale. If anyone else is looking for a spot, reach out to KingPin games. Rumor has it that he may have a few left (his allotment is throughout the run so he may even have an early one if that is what you want).
To Christhepintern, if you really bought and just decided you want out, then I suggest contacting spooky and asking if they will refund you. It sounds like they have/had a list of interested people after the initial onsale. Maybe they will kindly refund and give your game # to someone on that list to make it easy for you both.

It's none of your business what someone else does with their property in the United States, sorry.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Thank you for the correction. Very kind of you and rare to see on Pinside.

Ya unfortunately a lot of vitriol on the interwebs as it is and I feel bad adding to this unintentional or not. Seems like I need a life if I hang here on a Saturday morning insulting strangers, no less ones that share the same hobby with me that gives me joy in day to day life.

Not one of my proudest moments...

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

- Buy a "spot" for $1500

You ever heard of the stock market?

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

That is what you say here because somehow you feel aligned with the OP.
If it was a "rich pinsider" that bought a spot that you wanted badly, and that pinsider was upcharging you 67% you would have the exact opposite opinion.
Consider pulling back from the Us and Them mentality, and just consider everyone's actions in the same light.
-- Don't do to others what you wouldn't want them doing to you.

I'm certainly not aligned with the OP. I'm just not aligned with hypocrisy of "business is business" and "make all the money you can" philosophy for me, but not for thee. Don't read too much into the Us and Them moniker. It's simply my favorite Pink Floyd song.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from guard:

I'm just a low end pinball guy who wouldn't ever think of "buying a spot" for a game that isn't even built yet.....however, if I did and then sold it for an hefty profit just after I did, it would just make me an arsehole.
If my circumstances did change and I had to bail, then first person who hands me the same cash I've already put out gets my spot.
My 2 pence.....and I'll give the OP some credit, there's a few others selling already that need a throat punch for the price they want.

I'll be sure to check in with you personally next time I want to sell something for a profit.

#78 4 years ago

Cant really fault the seller, the idiots are pinsiders who will buy it. All you have to do is look at pinside history and you will see all you have to do is be patient and let the buzz die down and let another few machines get released and you will be able to buy one for Less than 1500 or wait and buy the game at a 20% discount used.

Seller is just capitalizing on a current idiot frenzy on pinside so how is he to blame?

#79 4 years ago

Kaneda: I’m happy to come on the show buddy. Lemme know.

Also: @whysnow, are you gonna come back and take your medicine? Or are ya gonna sell me that playfield?

#80 4 years ago

Now that stranger things just leaked a video this is a tougher sell.

#81 4 years ago

Imho, the spot should be non-transferable. This has nothing to do with the OP. The manufacturer policy is allowing this.

Non-refundable should be just that. Lay down your 1k and wait. When your order number (name) pops up, if you don't want it, you lose your grand and a new spot opens up.

As it stands now, scalping is almost encouraged.

But what do I know?

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Doubtful.

That thing is fugly. It's like they looked to replicate the ugliest cabinet and playfield art packages in pinball history.

Gonna be a ton of fun to play when the projector breaks/goes down, too.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I'm certainly not aligned with the OP. I'm just not aligned with hypocrisy of "business is business" and "make all the money you can" philosophy for me, but not for thee. Don't read too much into the Us and Them moniker. It's simply my favorite Pink Floyd song.

Sold (sold sold sold)
Out (out out out)
It can’t be helped
There’s no rick and morty slots about

With
Without
No denying
It’s what the whining is all about!

It’s a shame you say
There’s a price people will pay
But here’s what’s on my mind!

Making a Profit is ok
Unless it happens today
And someone buys your spot in line!!

#84 4 years ago

Congrats on the sale! I am in line for a BSE and am keeping it and have no problem with this.

#85 4 years ago

Stranger things looks terrible, can't compare.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Doubtful.
That thing is fugly. It's like they looked to replicate the ugliest cabinet and playfield art packages in pinball history.
Gonna be a ton of fun to play when the projector breaks/goes down, too.

That translight is horrible but I'm sure there will be plenty of alternate options.

#87 4 years ago

What does one have to do with the other?

One is a true limited Rick & Morty game.
One is an unlimited Stranger Things game.

Has any previous desirable games ever been hard to sell because other games exist? No.

#88 4 years ago

Kaneda: I’m happy to come on the show buddy. Lemme know.
Also: whysnow, are you gonna come back and take your medicine? Or are ya gonna sell me that playfield?

no medicine to take here. Congrats on your sale and I guess bigger congrats are in order to spooky. I had no idea the demand would be this high for the game.

It is pretty obvious that some people do not look at intent like I do in this world and I am comfortable with that despite their personal attacks.

Your intent and actions make it clear to me, and your are comfortable with that. Good on you as you own it and I can at least admire that about you even if I do not agree with it.

Sorry, but I wont be selling you the playfield. It is going to another pinsider that reached out.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no medicine to take here. Congrats on your sale and I guess bigger congrats are in order to spooky. I had no idea the demand would be this high for the game.
It is pretty obvious that some people do not look at intent like I do in this world and I am comfortable with that despite their personal attacks.
Your intent and actions make it clear to me, and your are comfortable with that. Good on you as you own it and I can at least admire that about you even if I do not agree with it.
Sorry, but I wont be selling you the playfield. It is going to another pinsider that reached out.

I’m sorry I couldn’t appease random pinside user Whysnow by selling at cost.

You still have no idea why I had to sell this game.

Hope Madison housing market survives this next bubble.

Btw, can you answer that math question I had? Or acknowledge your hypocrisy given the behavior you’ve shown?

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Stranger things looks terrible, can't compare.

? - are you going to look at them and masterbate or play them. I guarantee stranger things will be fun to play. Looks like lots more going on than rick & morty

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Imho, the spot should be non-transferable. This has nothing to do with the OP. The manufacturer policy is allowing this.
Non-refundable should be just that. Lay down your 1k and wait. When your order number (name) pops up, if you don't want it, you lose your grand and a new spot opens up.
As it stands now, scalping is almost encouraged.
But what do I know?

Well the problem with the current situation is that it does encourage scalping, at least for very desirable titles like R&M.

A simple solution that is perhaps more forgiving of changing circumstances for buyers than simply losing their deposit is for Spooky to alter the terms of the deposit contract such that if you want to give up your spot they would keep a waiting list of potential buyers and so long as they had someone waiting to pick up a spot you would be refunded your original deposit amount, minus a reasonable administration fee.

If Spooky has no waiting buyers you are free to try to sell your spot privately, again, with an admin fee to Spooky for changing the reservation.

This would provide reasonable flexibility to buyers while eliminating the prospect of profiting from simply holding a spot in the queue, and also the tempation for folks who have no expectation of taking delivery of the game to acquire spots anyway to flip.

IMHO, buying and taking delivery of an actual game is a different matter and at that point the free market can do its thing.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You must be super religious with that kind of judgement.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well the problem with the current situation is that it does encourage scalping, at least for very desirable titles like R&M.
A simple solution that is perhaps more forgiving of changing circumstances for buyers that simply losing their deposit is for Spooky to alter the terms of the deposit contract such that if you want to give up your spot they would keep a waiting list of potential buyers and so long as they had someone waiting to pick up a spot you would be refunded your original deposit amount, minus a reasonable administration fee.
If Spooky has no waiting buyers you are free to try to sell your spot privately, again, with an admin fee to Spooky for changing the reservation.

Well, when you start your own pinball company you can implement those rules however you choose.

#94 4 years ago

I learned 2 things in this thread.
1) Capitalism is still alive and well, thank God!
2) Whysnow is still an arrogant ass who knows everything and believes everybody should think/act just like he would...

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Well, when you start your own pinball company you can implement those rules however you choose.

It's just some good free advice for Spooky to consider. I'm far too short-tempered to run a pinball company and deal with some of the "personalities" around here.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sold (sold sold sold)
Out (out out out)
It can’t be helped
There’s no rick and morty slots about
With
Without
No denying
It’s what the whining is all about!
It’s a shame you say
There’s a price people will pay
But here’s what’s on my mind!
Making a Profit is ok
Unless it happens today
And someone buys your spot in line!!

Nice work! Scratched my head for a hot second then realized that this was a play on Us and Them. I like it.

#97 4 years ago

Btw, can you answer that math question I had?

are you talking about you housing math question?

3 bedroom house in Madison is typically 1400+. I rent for 1200-1250. That comes out to $400 per bedroom.
That means pre-tax household income needs to be ~4700 per month or 56k per year for the household.

This is well below the median income in Madison and my homes are well above average condition.

I am honestly not sure what you are struggling with on this? My homes are a great value and there is a reason I usually have a long line of people wanting to rent. There is also a reaosn my tenant often stay for multiple years and are happy with the value they get.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I learned 2 things in this thread.
1) Capitalism is still alive and well, thank God!
2) Whysnow is still an arrogant ass who knows everything and believes everybody should think/act just like he would...

It's funny because a Big Lebowski just sold for $15,500 and the compliments rain down for the price while this post triggers so many.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

are you talking about you housing math question?
3 bedroom house in Madison is typically 1400+. I rent for 1200-1250. That comes out to $400 per bedroom.
That means pre-tax household income needs to be ~4700 per month or 56k per year for the household.
This is well below the median income in Madison and my homes are well above average condition.
I am honestly not sure what you are struggling with on this? My homes are a great value and there is a reason I usually have a long line of people wanting to rent. There is also a reaosn my tenant often stay for multiple years and are happy with the value they get.

I can quote the part where you stated you required 1k per additional person if you like. My example was a 4 bedroom. You should probably check the $/sqft instead of number of bedrooms.

Are you going to acknowledge your previous shenanigans or pretend like those posts don’t exist as well?

I really wanted that paragon pf. Bummer. Say, what did you sell it for and are ya gonna donate to pinside?

#100 4 years ago

Mornings like this make my slow Saturday workdays so much more entertaining.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 300.00
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-rick-and-morty-blood-suckers-edition/page/2?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.