(Topic ID: 264680)

For sale: Rick and Morty (Blood Suckers Edition)

By davisjl1979

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Vino
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Rick and Morty (Blood Suckers Edition)

Added: 2020-03-22 09:21:40 UTC • Ended: April 2nd, 2020
Condition: NIB - New in box (personal)

Price

$ 4,000

Spot 130 up for sale. This gets you the spot plus the deposit.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are davisjl1979's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to davisjl1979's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Stafford, VA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

#2 4 years ago

Sorry, i only buy my R&M reserves from social media influencers lol!

Free bump!

#3 4 years ago

Are you worried production has stopped and may never start back up ?
If the company goes bankrupt 700 EAs will lose a 1500$ deposit

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

If the company goes bankrupt 700 EAs will lose a 1500$ deposit

Where is this coming from? The only thing that would stop Spooky from continuing is a supply shortage or a health crisis in this case. And knowing Charlie and his business ethics, he would continue production ASAP or refund all the deposit money.

#5 4 years ago

Good seller alert.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Where is this coming from? The only thing that would stop Spooky from continuing is a supply shortage or a health crisis in this case. And knowing Charlie and his business ethics, he would continue production ASAP or refund all the deposit money.

Yes. But how sad would that be of it did happen, and spooky refunds op 1500 and the the buyer is out 4k.

It seems like more people bought this game to resell than to play. Sad. This is the shittiest part of this hobby.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Yes. But how sad would that be of it did happen, and spooky refunds op 1500 and the the buyer is out 4k.
It seems like more people bought this game to resell than to play. Sad. This is the shittiest part of this hobby.

This seems to happen with every Spooky game - ACNC has certainly turned out fine. Jeff is a stand up guy, no one should hesitate to buy from him

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Good seller alert.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Jeff is a stand up guy, no one should hesitate to buy from him

Thanks Chris and Rob! Right back at you guys!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Exactly.. and the manufacturer is at fault for allowing scalpers to purchase and re-sell.

#10 4 years ago

While I’m sure some are speculators, my sense is most of these are people who are finding themselves in uncertain economic times and are acting like adults and reducing their discretionary spending. The peak time to have flipped was a few weeks ago. We’re already seeing premiums come down, and even people selling at cost to get out.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

While I’m sure some are speculators, my sense is most of these are people who are finding themselves in uncertain economic times and are acting like adults and reducing their discretionary spending. The peak time to have flipped was a few weeks ago. We’re already seeing premiums come down, and even people selling at cost to get out.

You’re probably right, and I have no way of knowing if these sellers are speculators or collectors with hardship issues, but when a manufacturer limits the production numbers and then allows for people to swap positions in line at will it just feeds into the greedy portion of this hobby that are in it for the money, not the enjoyment of the machines. I personally try to avoid dealing with flippers and speculators.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

You’re probably right, and I have no way of knowing if these sellers are speculators or collectors with hardship issues, but when a manufacturer limits the production numbers and then allows for people to swap positions in line at will it just feeds into the greedy portion of this hobby that are in it for the money, not the enjoyment of the machines. I personally try to avoid dealing with flippers and speculators.

That’s fair. Perhaps spooky will change their rules in the future. I’m surprised they don’t charge a fee to do a swap. Or, allow a cancellation with a fee, and then it goes to the next person in line. Similarly, the distributors could do the same (in fact, they probably could do it now without spooky’s assistance.)

Speculators exist in every market. What people are doing with masks, soap and hand sanitizers, etc, disgusts me, but that’s a different thread.

#13 4 years ago

Didn’t even want to play it first?

#14 4 years ago

Considering the possible disruption to the supply chain (which could delay production), it's unclear when #130 will actually be built.

#15 4 years ago

Maybe the company stops production and has to sell new games for new money to continue production. Then spot #130 is as valuable as EA #59 The Big Lebowski

#16 4 years ago

So, just so I understand...Depending on the deposit. You're paying 4k for pin #130 or the right to buy pin #130? Meaning if the deposit was 500 you're paying 3500 for the right to buy the pin when it is released? Then you have to fork over the remaining balance when told? Why not just sell the spot for the deposit money? Why try to profit off of a game you don't even have yet?

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

So, just so I understand...Depending on the deposit. You're paying 4k for pin #130 or the right to buy pin #130? Meaning if the deposit was 500 you're paying 3500 for the right to buy the pin when it is released? Then you have to fork over the remaining balance when told? Why not just sell the spot for the deposit money? Why try to profit off of a game you don't even have yet?

These spots initially cost a little over $1500 so the buyer would be paying an extra $2500 plus the rest of the price of the machine to the company. That’s the whole argument.. if you aren’t speculating or scalping why shoot for the increase in asking price? Some people are purchasing a place in line only to try to re-sell for profit and had no intention of actually purchasing themselves. This knocks out alot of people who would have liked to have gotten on the purchasing list initially but couldn’t because this is a limited run.

#18 4 years ago

Understand...It's bad optics plain and simple. Quite honestly seems a little greedy. It all must stem from the seller thinking the game is going to be very very limited and if you're not in now, then you're sol. Personally I wouldn't do it, but that's just me. I would wait to play the game and I'm sure people will soon be selling an actual table and not a spot in line.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Wouldn’t be surprised if the table gets turned on this one.

#20 4 years ago

plain and simple, IMHO, you should NOT be allowed to sell your spot to someone else. PERIOD. you either have to take delivery of the game after paying the balance, and then sell the game on your own, or forfeit your deposit and walk away. That is the whole reason for the damn deposit in the first place. If there was a "penalty" for cancelling your order, or changing your mind, or whatever, then this kind of stuff would not continue to happen.

flame suit on... flame away!

#22 4 years ago

I don't know why anyone gets worked up about it. It's easy. Don't buy it. When one of you is selling your pinball machines at actual 20-30 year old used prices rather than the inflated prices they are at (to some stranger rather than your friends), then maybe you can thumb your noses at others, but I see much of it as hypocritical. We all know it isn't going to sell for this price, especially right now, so there's no point in even caring.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't know why anyone gets worked up about it. It's easy. Don't buy it. When one of you is selling your pinball machines at actual 20-30 year old used prices rather than the inflated prices they are at (to some stranger rather than your friends), then maybe you can thumb your noses at others, but I see much of it as hypocritical. We all know it isn't going to sell for this price, especially right now, so there's no point in even caring.

You’re correct. I just don’t understand the price gouging on this title? I saw another post where someone is selling an actual table for 12k. Why? I guess supply and demand. I have yet to even see any games played on one. Is it even a good game?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Is it even a good game?

It’s fun for sure.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

plain and simple, IMHO, you should NOT be allowed to sell your spot to someone else. PERIOD. you either have to take delivery of the game after paying the balance, and then sell the game on your own, or forfeit your deposit and walk away. That is the whole reason for the damn deposit in the first place. If there was a "penalty" for cancelling your order, or changing your mind, or whatever, then this kind of stuff would not continue to happen.
flame suit on... flame away!

I agree with this but The reason Spooky would never do it this way is because they wouldn’t sell out the 750 right away like they did.

FOMO is a powerful thing plus the idea that the production time is 18 months and the gotta have it now crowd is causing some of this

Wait until you start getting past the 50% point as the supply actually gets out there in numbers

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

I'd be more concerned if it was one of the other pinball companies I was waiting on. These guys are built to produce 10 games a week, rain or shine, booming economy or recession.

And the world will not be in lockdown forever.

#27 4 years ago

My bet is he gets the price.

This is no different then what happens in the housing market. Car dealers do it too. Enough already.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Best argument is because some people wanted to actually buy it to have it and keep it (or operate like me, but people who just bought to flip and were able to buy them quick when avail for the short period and they sell out, now wont get a machine at factory selling price.

Not everyone has a quick trigger finger on a keyboard. Some people have work, family, life and couldn't be on top of them when they allowed the short sale window.

IMO, games need be out in the public as much as possible to be enjoyed by as many people as possible, not bought, flipped before a person even owns the game. That's same as scalping tickets. I'm sure this is one reason Pinburgh doesn't allow transferring tickets, so people wont buy one or a bunch, then it sells out, and a person jacks up a price on something they don't even have or intended being a part of in attempts to sell at a higher price.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

Best argument is because some people wanted to actually buy it to have it and keep it (or operate like me, but people who just bought to flip and were able to buy them quick when avail for the short period and they sell out, now wont get a machine at factory selling price.

Another argument is if you had signed up for the Fang Club, you would have gotten an e-mail telling you they were going on sale. And even with that, when they did go on sale, the thread on pinside was on fire with Charlie himself telling how many spots were left even four hours into the sale. Then in the following days many distributers still had spots available. Perhaps even weeks.

I would say you snooze, you lose. But I snoozed and still got one.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

IMO, games need be out in the public

Then make some sacrifices and buy it.
...for the pinball playing public.

Set it to Free Play while you are at it and put it out there.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

You’re correct. I just don’t understand the price gouging on this title? I saw another post where someone is selling an actual table for 12k. Why? I guess supply and demand. I have yet to even see any games played on one. Is it even a good game?

$12k is POTC LE territory, amongst other games I’m sure I can’t think of right now. Man, I hope people are really digging this game after the “new pin” shine wears off..

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

$12k is POTC LE territory, amongst other games I’m sure I can’t think of right now.

So, does that $12k include real original Johnny Depp callouts just for the game?

Or perhaps a pass and airfare to Disneyland so you can take in the real deal as many times as you like in a year?

#33 4 years ago

If Spooky said all spot transfers go to the end of the line the speculation would get cut quite a bit. If you had to take delivery to keep your spot a cash grab would look a lot less appealing to many. Or just make them non-transferable. Non-refundable deposit could mean just that.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

If Spooky said all spot transfers go to the end of the line the speculation would get cut quite a bit. If you had to take delivery to keep your spot a cash grab would look a lot less appealing to many. Or just make them non-transferable. Non-refundable deposit could mean just that.

Spooky shouldn't care one whit if people decide to sell their spots unless it proves inconvenient for them from a business perspective.

These complaints are hysterical, though. So many virtuous flippers with so much butthurt. It is to laugh.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Spooky shouldn't care one whit if people decide to sell their spots unless it proves inconvenient for them from a business perspective.
These complaints are hysterical, though. So many virtuous flippers with so much butthurt. It is to laugh.

They probably get to do a little paperwork every time a spot changes hands though. It’s not like they aren’t affected at all.

I don’t care what they do as long as they have things set up so that the outside pinball hobby doesn’t negatively affect their day to day goals and productivity.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FOMO is a powerful thing plus the idea that the production time is 18 months and the gotta have it now crowd is causing some of this

Another deposit owner just sold his spot straight up.
First one I’ve seen do that.
Didn’t want to wait and demand is there to a point.
Gone in 5 minutes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 300.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-rick-and-morty-blood-suckers-edition-8?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.