(Topic ID: 263912)

For sale: Rick and Morty (Blood Suckers Edition)

By JTpins

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5331715F-869E-420D-A98B-0795BBEE997D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scruffypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Interestingly, there was a story on the local news today regarding the laws and fines for price gouging (of course, in reference to the run on items like toilet paper and sanitizer). So no, the USA is not a pure capitalistic country. Lots and lots of laws in place governing everything from consumer safety to price fixing to price gouging.
As far as this situation is concerned, I think the issue is that for many of us, Pinside is a community. And as a community, you try to help people out. I've sent parts to people for little or no cost and have had others do the same for me. Hell, that stubborn sob pinballair wouldn't even let me pay him for shipping on a part I needed. And that doesn't even consider the countless hours of assistance with troubleshooting or tracking down games others have given to me. If your neighbor asks for a hand, you don't say "fine, that'll be $50".
So when someone does literally nothing for an almost 300% markup it feels contrary to the sense of community many of us have. Yeah, it's life and sure, it's a free country and it takes all kinds but it is a bit disappointing for some of us to see.

That’s an interesting perspective I can appreciate.

I am curious however- how do you feel about games, parts and play fields being sold for far beyond cost on this web site? Wether it be tron LE, a creature mod, or classic hard to find playfield? Do you consider that similar?

The person has committed to purchasing the game. I believe most people intended on getting the game, may not feel comfortable with the global economy and might just decide to “cash in” early.

In my case, my location stopped working with new operators. Bad business decision on their part but it left me with a second game spot worth far more than what I paid for it. Stuff happens and not everyone is bad

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

First, I never said anyone was bad. Rather, I tried to explain the blowback.
That being said, the answer isn't straightforward. I don't feel the same about those whose business it is to make mods, sell games, reclaim parts, etc. It's their business and they are in business to keep a biscuit on his or her plate. For example, I had some work done a couple of months ago by someone who, in addition owning a business, is a friend. When it came time to settle up, he started going down the path of "my cost, discount, etc." I said "Brian, this is a business transaction, you need to charge me what you would charge anyone else. Me getting some undeserved discount feels like I am taking advantage of that friendship." I ended up adding $500 to the check and I probably still got a deal.
As far as others selling parts...personally, I think recovering the cost of the part, shipping and a nominal fee for their time and trouble is perfectly fine and fits in the community. Where is the line drawn on nominal? That's up to the individual. I suspect 3x for zero effort rubs many the wrong way.

Quoted from Oldgoat:

First, I never said anyone was bad. Rather, I tried to explain the blowback.
That being said, the answer isn't straightforward. I don't feel the same about those whose business it is to make mods, sell games, reclaim parts, etc. It's their business and they are in business to keep a biscuit on his or her plate. For example, I had some work done a couple of months ago by someone who, in addition owning a business, is a friend. When it came time to settle up, he started going down the path of "my cost, discount, etc." I said "Brian, this is a business transaction, you need to charge me what you would charge anyone else. Me getting some undeserved discount feels like I am taking advantage of that friendship." I ended up adding $500 to the check and I probably still got a deal.
As far as others selling parts...personally, I think recovering the cost of the part, shipping and a nominal fee for their time and trouble is perfectly fine and fits in the community. Where is the line drawn on nominal? That's up to the individual. I suspect 3x for zero effort rubs many the wrong way.

And I can certainly understand that. Forgive me for putting words in your mouth.

I agree with your general approach.

Ultimately, I’m not rubbed the wrong way as it doesn’t really effect me in the slightest if someone sells a game, part or spot. I’m unsure if the person here’s goal was to “scalp” a spot in the first place.

However, I don’t see the difference between this and having the game in a box and selling it that way. The amount of “effort” is inconsequential beyond how people choose to react. The market will even out when the hype dies. And maybe this is just a rare title that will always have value above cost.

I appreciate your perspective and think you have a valid point.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

robin surely you don't want this in your community?

Is this the straw that breaks the camels back for you regarding this community? A market place ad for a game?

Not all the other toxic nonsense on here?

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

It is obvious that you haven't been on Pinside very long. The way this is supposed to work is you say "You are a moron". Then I say, "you are ugly and your mother dresses you funny" Then you look at my pinball collection and say "anyone who owns a WOZ is a clueless, tasteless idiot" Then I go back through every post you've ever made, pulling one or two out of context to prove that you are the idiot. We go back and forth for awhile, some posters get sucked in, some post the "stop derailing and take it to PM posts" and finally a temporary ban is issued to one or both of us.
And with that, I'll stop derailing this thread

Be the change you wanna see! Hope you stay healthy a

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 13,500.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scruffypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-rick-and-morty-blood-suckers-edition-5?tu=scruffypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.