(Topic ID: 274247)

For sale: Rick and Morty (Blood Suckers Edition)

By Jkush18

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by frankmac
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

59A65808-93BF-4C35-A892-D695EB7C29DE (resized).jpeg
DSCN7120 (resized).JPG
Shiny (resized).jpg
Bueno (resized).jpg
Bader (resized).jpg
4aaxec (resized).jpg
4aaq7j (resized).jpg
NOV19-We-Are-Laughing-Eyman.gif
download (1) (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpeg
073792A9-95A3-4E3E-B174-80E4CB6564A2 (resized).jpeg
200.gif
C3B5B54E-E8B1-44C1-AC1A-0E96B2A85981 (resized).png
74C4CEC6-0D00-4D9D-875B-C218BE7681FE (resized).png
16BA2D9B-A30A-4DD3-A814-A25E3D4FE067 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I will speculate $12,720.

I'll go with $12,721, Bob.

(We're playing Price is Right Rules, correct?)

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Alright guys, it’s at $10,200 now with a bit more than four days left. Let’s take some guesses to see where it ends and who gets closest.
I will speculate $12,720. Does eBay charge credit card fees?

eBay uses PayPal for credit card transactions and the seller pays the fee.

I have sold 1 pin on eBay and ended up paying 13% of the final price to ebay/PayPal.

My guess is $11,875

#103 3 years ago

I'll say north of $16K

#104 3 years ago
073792A9-95A3-4E3E-B174-80E4CB6564A2 (resized).jpeg073792A9-95A3-4E3E-B174-80E4CB6564A2 (resized).jpeg
#105 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I have sold 1 pin on eBay and ended up paying about 10% of the final price to ebay/PayPal.

Unless there is a category exemption I expect to pay about 20% (in total fees) on my listings w/ shipping included.
That usually doesn't include Insurance on high value items.

Obviously, I don't sell Pinball Machines on eBay, though...

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Alright guys, it’s at $10,200 now with a bit more than four days left. Let’s take some guesses to see where it ends and who gets closest.
I will speculate $12,720. Does eBay charge credit card fees?

ebay charges fees for just asking if they charge fees...

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Unless there is a category exemption I expect to pay about 20% (in total fees) on my listings w/ shipping included.
That usually doesn't include Insurance on high value items.
Obviously, I don't sell Pinball Machines on eBay, though...

I double checked what I paid and updated my previous post. I paid 3% to PayPal, 10% to ebay, and the seller paid for shipping.

#108 3 years ago

This is just dumb. I’ll pick one up on the used market in 5-10 years for 6k

#109 3 years ago
download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#110 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’ll pick one up on the used market in 5-10 years for 6k

download (1) (resized).jpegdownload (1) (resized).jpeg
#111 3 years ago

People are asking about air freight. I wouldn’t discount the Australian’s wanting to snag this up.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

How many are they making? Yeah, I’ll pick up a used one eventually........

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

How many are they making? Yeah, I’ll pick up a used one eventually.......

And sure you might be able to pick up a used one later on, but this is no TMNT or Willy Wonka so don't expect anybody to give one away for $6k.

A better comparison is TronLE. Besides the fact that those are readily available in a pro model as well. And R&M is a better overall game already, and currently and perhaps for the next few years, a more popular license.

If you don't believe me, check e-bay or some other outlet for the amount of merchandise being sold for both at the moment.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Lol

You’ll also be picking Stern Le’s up for $5k in 10 years.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Well, when all the playfields are trashed and the node boards are no longer available, and the only people left alive that knew the themes are in senior memory care facilities, there is a good possibility of that.

#116 3 years ago

Lol okieeeeeeeeeee

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

like BBB..

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I double checked what I paid and updated my previous post. I paid 3% to PayPal, 10% to ebay, and the seller paid for shipping.

ebay charges 10% on any shipping costs.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

How many are they making? Yeah, I’ll pick up a used one eventually........

You might. People are more interested in selling than playing. Once they're all out and the honey moon period ends, it may make people realize it has an amazing theme and light show but still clunky with a toy on a spring and go, "oh.... shit."

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

it may make people realize it has an amazing theme and light show but still clunky with a toy on a spring and go, "oh.... shit."

Wow, is that all it is? Oh shit!

I guess totally addictive to play doesn't count for much.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You might. People are more interested in selling than playing. Once they're all out and the honey moon period ends, it may make people realize it has an amazing theme and light show but still clunky with a toy on a spring and go, "oh.... shit."

and then they'll realize the game's demand is still there b/c only 750 will be made, it's a hot IP and the game plays well enough.......and then they'll sell above msrp b/c they're not idiots.

Market on this game won't get soft until 500+ are out there and even then, it's doubtful. It's another snooze you lose if you're on the outside looking in.

#122 3 years ago

Not to mention it's so well built and beautiful.

Does clunky refer to tight shots that you can't make with your eyes shut like on other newer games? If so, I kinda like that.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wow, is that all is is? Oh shit!
I guess totally addictive to play doesn't count for much.

It's the most addictive modern game I've ever owned. Closing in on 400 plays in about 7 weeks of ownership.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's the most addictive modern game I've ever owned. Closing in on 400 plays in about 7 weeks of ownership.

My son in law who is 22 played it for the first time last weekend. He turned to me and said "This thing's addictive!". First time he said that about any of them.

I can't count how many newer games I've played a ball or two and just walked away without the desire to ever play them again. This aint one of them.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Once they're all out and the honey moon period ends, it may make people realize it has an amazing theme and light show but still clunky with a toy on a spring and go, "oh.... shit."

Like all those people scrambling to sell me an Attack from Mars for under 5k!

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

NOV19-We-Are-Laughing-Eyman.gifNOV19-We-Are-Laughing-Eyman.gif
#127 3 years ago

I’ve told this story before, but I’ll tell it again.
Pre Covid the wife is standing in line at Starbucks wearing a Spooky hoody.
The barista asks her what Spooky Pinball was and she started to explain the company. As soon as my wife mentioned they were making a Rick and Morty pin the entire Starbucks went silent and was looking at my wife. The barista asked “so, you’re getting one right”. My wife said yes, we’re on the list but it’s going to be a while etc. Every time my wife would go into Starbucks (basically everyday) after that the employees would ask if we got Rick and Morty yet. The entire friggin Starbucks wants to come over and play this thing. This is a demographics ranging from teenage kids to probably mid 30s.

Anyhow the Starbucks in our town is really great. When we had big fires up here a few months ago they were giving all the fire crews free coffee etc. and do a lot of other stuff like that.
My wife invited all the employees of the Starbucks to the house for a party to play Pinball once Covid is under wraps.
This is the one game that many of the non pinball people we know want to come over and play. It’s not Star Wars or Deadpool, it’s Rick and Morty.
Same goes for parents in our kids school and people I do business with. Many don’t have interest in pinball at all, but a surprising number really perk up and get interested when you mention this theme.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Lol

For a lot of em I'd say $5k-$6k. Sounds about right.

750 is NOT limited. Neither is a 500 run of LE's.

There will always be plenty available. Once the run is done and flippers have played it out. Need a little patience if you want a deal

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

The barista asks her what Spooky Pinball was and she started to explain the company. As soon as my wife mentioned they were making a Rick and Morty pin the entire Starbucks went silent and was looking at my wife.

Typical Pinside response "What's a barista? And what's a Starbucks".

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For a lot of em I'd say $5k-$6k. Sounds about right.
750 is NOT limited. Neither is a 500 run of LE's.
There will always be plenty available. Once the run is done and flippers have played it out. Need a little patience if you want a deal

You were saying before that people were going to be selling their deposits at a loss. You keep changing your story. I guess in enough time one will be sold cheaper than the original price. I mean a broken clock is right twice a day.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You were saying before that people were going to be selling their deposits at a loss.

Also something about this pandemic being a hoax. But someday, it might even make it to Texas.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

750 is NOT limited.

If Definitions aren't your thing, then definitely.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Typical Pinside response "What's a barista? And what's a Starbucks".

I know, I know. Starbucks is not my thing, but the wife goes there basically every day.
I would rather make coffee at home.

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I mean a broken clock is always right twice.

Unless it is missing one of the hands. Then it could be right twice or even 24 times a day! My math could be wrong though.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I know, I know. Starbucks is not my thing, but the wife goes there basically every day.
I would rather make coffee at home.

Yes, I don't pay $5 for a cup of coffee. I make my own. And I already have internet at home.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, I don't pay $5 for a cup of coffee. I make my own. And I already have internet at home.

Netzero doesn’t count as Internet!

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Netzero doesn’t count as Internet!

Cable internet baby! High speed at that.

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I told myself...”yeah I’ll just pick up a pirates for hobbit prices in a couple years”

#139 3 years ago

I think it's a player's game more than anything else.

4aaq7j (resized).jpg4aaq7j (resized).jpg
#140 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I’ve told this story before, but I’ll tell it again.
Pre Covid the wife is standing in line at Starbucks wearing a Spooky hoody.
The barista asks her what Spooky Pinball was and she started to explain the company. As soon as my wife mentioned they were making a Rick and Morty pin the entire Starbucks went silent and was looking at my wife. The barista asked “so, you’re getting one right”. My wife said yes, we’re on the list but it’s going to be a while etc. Every time my wife would go into Starbucks (basically everyday) after that the employees would ask if we got Rick and Morty yet. The entire friggin Starbucks wants to come over and play this thing. This is a demographics ranging from teenage kids to probably mid 30s.
Anyhow the Starbucks in our town is really great. When we had big fires up here a few months ago they were giving all the fire crews free coffee etc. and do a lot of other stuff like that.
My wife invited all the employees of the Starbucks to the house for a party to play Pinball once Covid is under wraps.
This is the one game that many of the non pinball people we know want to come over and play. It’s not Star Wars or Deadpool, it’s Rick and Morty.
Same goes for parents in our kids school and people I do business with. Many don’t have interest in pinball at all, but a surprising number really perk up and get interested when you mention this theme.

Very, very true! But in the same sense, all of those piqued interests don't translate into thinking $7K plus is/was a possible purchase.

I remember that prehype before sales, and wonder what percentage of buyers were hardcore Rick and Morty fans versus pinball diehards.

Ultimately, down the road these very same piqued interest folks might buy in via the used market, so prices could always stay buoyant for sure!

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Sweet! More toys than my IMDN has.

#142 3 years ago

Move over BBB, we’ve got a new price pumpers favorite game!

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Move over BBB, we’ve got a new price pumpers favorite game!

Well, after almost a full year while they were pumping Ghostbusters before it was even released, why not?

#144 3 years ago
4aaxec (resized).jpg4aaxec (resized).jpg
#145 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not to mention it's so well built and beautiful.
Does clunky refer to tight shots that you can't make with your eyes shut like on other newer games? If so, I kinda like that.

R&M has some of the best combos and I love repeating that spinner shot multiple times and I'm not even that great of a player.

I guess people need to convince themselves they didnt miss out or something.

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

R&M has some of the best combos and I love repeating that spinner shot multiple times and I'm not even that great of a player.
I guess people need to convince themselves they didnt miss out or something.

People are always trying to convince people to think like themselves. That's the Pinside/internet/humanity way of life...!

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Dont worry, they will counter with another theme from 30 or 40 years ago to satisfy the same people who wanna "promote the hobby" but still wonder why some kids dont care.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Dont worry, they will counter with another theme from 30 or 40 years ago to satisfy the same people who wanna "promote the hobby" but still wonder why some kids dont care.

"It's a formula that work$"

#149 3 years ago

I remember when Rob Zombies were selling for this much too. How did that turn out?

Better cash in now before people get the chance to actually play the game and realize it feels like a Spooky game.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I remember when Rob Zombies were selling for this much too. How did that turn out?

Well, you are talking about a dude that was popular in the 90s, so like so many 80s themes, it didn't spark the universal interest and staying power that say, perhaps the most popular license of today might.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 13,500.00
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-rick-and-morty-blood-suckers-edition-17/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.