(Topic ID: 274247)

For sale: Rick and Morty (Blood Suckers Edition)

By Jkush18

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by frankmac
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

59A65808-93BF-4C35-A892-D695EB7C29DE (resized).jpeg
DSCN7120 (resized).JPG
Shiny (resized).jpg
Bueno (resized).jpg
Bader (resized).jpg
4aaxec (resized).jpg
4aaq7j (resized).jpg
NOV19-We-Are-Laughing-Eyman.gif
download (1) (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpeg
073792A9-95A3-4E3E-B174-80E4CB6564A2 (resized).jpeg
200.gif
C3B5B54E-E8B1-44C1-AC1A-0E96B2A85981 (resized).png
74C4CEC6-0D00-4D9D-875B-C218BE7681FE (resized).png
16BA2D9B-A30A-4DD3-A814-A25E3D4FE067 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 3 years ago

26 jealous mofos on here so far. Do I hear 27?

#52 3 years ago
16BA2D9B-A30A-4DD3-A814-A25E3D4FE067 (resized).jpeg16BA2D9B-A30A-4DD3-A814-A25E3D4FE067 (resized).jpeg
#53 3 years ago

Ah, you did the Butter

May want to update your eBay as it says no butter.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ah, you did the Butter
May want to update your eBay as it says no butter.

No butter it’s in the ad. All options except butter cab. Dollar bill door with purple as well.

#55 3 years ago

If I didn't already own one, I would have had to play something else last night.

GLWS!

#56 3 years ago

I'm a noob so nobody should listen to me.

I think people are using hindsight, which is always perfect, to be critical of the seller. The seller took a very big risk. He put up his own money as a deposit. So much could have gone wrong:

1. The final game could have sucked and now be worth less than his locked in price

2. The manufacturer could have gone out of business

3. The game could have taken longer to be made

4. He has lost out on use of his deposit for other things

5. He could still get screwed in the selling process

6. Etc.

The point is the seller took a risk and it paid off.

For people that claim it's "bad for the hobby" I don't agree. If you're a manufacturer and you see this type of activity does it make you more or less likely to be open to making new games? I think it makes you much more likely to make new games.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from ISayIts4MyKids:

So much could have gone wrong:

1. The final game could have sucked and now be worth less than his locked in price

6. Etc.

You forgot-

"The whole world could have gone to hell because of the coronavirus"

#58 3 years ago

Maybe it caused it! Freaking Rick always up to something

#59 3 years ago

What cracks me up is how many on pinside had never heard of Rick and Morty until they announced they were making the pinball game. Seems like it was a large percentile.

So, how can such an unknown commodity get so many people riled up now?

#60 3 years ago

For people that claim it's "bad for the hobby" I don't agree. If you're a manufacturer and you see this type of activity does it make you more or less likely to be open to making new games? I think it makes you much more likely to make new games.

How is it not bad for the hobby when prices go up, simple because speculation?

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

How is it not bad for the hobby when prices go up, simple because speculation?

Who cares what's good or bad for the hobby when it has been turning out so many turds over the last few years that make some of us wonder why we are even a part of it. And also attracted so many sniveling mama's boys that will nickel and dime you to death.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Who cares what's good or bad for the hobby when it has been turning out so many turds over the last few years that make some of us wonder why we are even a part of it. And also attracted so many sniveling mama's boys that will nickel and dime you to death.

Well i care, i think it sucks when community members leech on other members.
I was also really pissed in the other thread were people was making excuses for big company threatening to put pressure on employers (hypotethically), when people voice concerns or critique for products.

With such community members, how do people expect to make pinball more popular attracting new members?

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

With such community members, how do people expect to make pinball more popular attracting new members?

There's a Community?

Why wasn't I told about this?!

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

how do people expect to make pinball more popular attracting new members?

WTF would you want this? Just make prices go up even more like they have been doing over the last couple decades?

And last I checked, pinball was about man against a machine, not throwing some Tupperware party to get every Tom, Dick, and Harry, and all their women involved.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

WTF would you want this? Just make prices go up even more like they have been doing over the last couple decades.
And last I checked, pinball was about man against a machine, not throwing some Tupperware party to get every Tom, Dick, and Harry, and all their women involved.

The more customers, the more demand for products, the more products, the more companies, more competetion between companies, the more pressure on companies, with a good community, more events, more notice and the good spiral.

The less interest, less companies, less products, less spare parts etc etc etc.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The more customers, the more demand for products, the more products, the more companies, more competetion between companies, the more pressure on companies, with a good community, more events, more notice and the good spiral.

Then you get more companies pumping out watered down products with shit quality and themes at a higher price like we have been seeing over the last several years.

This game is the exception and should command a premium.

#67 3 years ago

I don’t understand this

74C4CEC6-0D00-4D9D-875B-C218BE7681FE (resized).png74C4CEC6-0D00-4D9D-875B-C218BE7681FE (resized).png

He listed his game for $1.00

C3B5B54E-E8B1-44C1-AC1A-0E96B2A85981 (resized).pngC3B5B54E-E8B1-44C1-AC1A-0E96B2A85981 (resized).png
#68 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then you get more companies pumping out watered down products with shit quality and themes at a higher price like we have been seeing over the last several years.
This game is the exception and should command a premium.

You think that a bigger and stronger community and a higher demand for products, will make products worse?

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:You think that a bigger and stronger community and a higher demand for products, will make products worse?

It already has. Although this community you speak of might be bigger, but not sure about stronger.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It already has. Although this community you speak of might be bigger, but not sure about stronger.

The demand is so small and the community is so weak that stern is pretty much in a monopoly situation.
How is that working out?

Just imagine a global strong community, with a demand for 2million games a year.
Williams would be a small player and the likes of lg and huawei were the big fish.
Then stern would be mentioned in the same sentence as homepin, well it would be out of buissness with the spike and shite games.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin: Just imagine a global strong community, with a demand for 2million games a year.

Holy crap, dude. Its only pinball, not some world trade necessity.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The less interest, less companies, less products, less spare parts etc etc etc.

I never understood this crusade to promote the hobby into the mainstream.

Pinball isnt something new. People know it's there. Its enjoyed by those who love it, or even just casually like it. But you cant expect it to just blow up into this mainstream thing when it really hasn't for the last 100 years or so.

I wonder how many of these people will have the patience to work on their own machine?

It's like chess and bowling. Those things are as popular as they're gonna get. Theres no point in pushing it to be something it isnt.

Look what happened to an event like San Diego Comic Con. Used to be something small and intimate and even a kind of escape from reality for people who loved comics and sci fi. Now it's this commercial mess of media and celebrity promotion. But it's ok, because everyone is included now...as long as you pay up and wait in lines.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I never understood this crusade to promote the hobby into the mainstream.

I do. It's for insecure people's self verification. And big pinball companies to make bigger profits.

For the rest of us, we don't really give a fuck.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

BSE I believe is more - 7250? That’s NOT including tax or shipping. With the options you need, not including butter it’s around 8800. tax and shipping add up.

Standards were $6995 and BSE was $7520 before any extra options. With all the options except butter that would put you at $8205 before tax/shipping. If you live in a State like IL with a higher sales tax rate I can see how the total bill could go above $9k.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from ISayIts4MyKids:I'm a noob so nobody should listen to me.
I think people are using hindsight, which is always perfect, to be critical of the seller. The seller took a very big risk. He put up his own money as a deposit. So much could have gone wrong:
6. Etc.
The point is the seller took a risk and it paid off.

Do you mean he deserves a medal?

again, I don't understand the process of putting the game up for sale on ebay while looking for potential buyers on pinside (as much as possible because many have run away eBay) to ensure the biggest sale possible.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I don't understand the process of putting the game up for sale on ebay while looking for potential buyers on pinside (as much as possible because many have run away eBay) to ensure the biggest sale possible.

How long have you worked in Marketing?

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can I have your Hobbit for 3500. Dibbs!

Hell no. It is my favorite machine!

#78 3 years ago

Regarding post #75 (sorry! I don't know how to do quotes yet).

I'm not saying he deserves a medal but I think the haters are looking at this AFTER THE FACT. They are complaining because he is charging a premium but are ignoring the fact that he took a big risk. He could have been stuck with a lemon or lost his whole deposit.

As far as using Pinside and eBay that just makes sense. Why wouldn't he want to broaden his audience? I do think that Pinsides ad charging is not the most efficient way to do things. I think they should just charge a flat rate for a certain period of time. Even if it's just $5 per month.

#79 3 years ago

It's the same old story, you snooze you lose. But most will choose to complain after the fact anyway.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

How is build cost 9k?
What options cause it to get that high?

Uncle Sam and shipping.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I never understood this crusade to promote the hobby into the mainstream

It really is a laughable crusade. Pinball machines would need to be $500 or less. Y'all do realize that $10000 is not easy to come by for most Americans. It's a decent used card. And pinball requires time and technical skills for repairs.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

It really is a laughable crusade.

200.gif200.gif
#83 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Look what happened to an event like San Diego Comic Con. Used to be something small and intimate and even a kind of escape from reality for people who loved comics and sci fi. Now it's this commercial mess of media and celebrity promotion. But it's ok, because everyone is included now...as long as you pay up and wait in lines.

Inclusivity equals big $$$$. Old school hermit awkward nerds kinda don't count, compared to mainstream masses with more money, but maybe less "passion".

But at the same point, pop culture is well....kinda based on broad mass appeal popular things, isn't it?

OP has a right to sell, and let the market demand price itself. No biggie. Part of a limited number increases demand, but also value, so any owners that receive their game rather than sell it, benefit also.

#84 3 years ago

I think this hobby was better before a bunch of middle aged dudes that grew up playing video games decided to throw a bunch of money at it so they could relive the 80s through pinball. Because of some midlife crisis or whatever.

Thanks to that, it has lost most of it's soul.

Rick and Morty however, is one of the only true soul survivors.

#85 3 years ago

Good luck with the sale.

You can see here that this hobby has become a weird creature.

Taking chance by giving a deposit to a cie that might be out of business before you get what you paid them for ?

Ask Alien, the big lebowsky people who got burned.

Limited, super limited like this is suppose to confort buyers....I better buy this, they only going to make 500 LE

Dominating pinball cies are going cheap on us by cutting corners on quality meanwhile they keep increasing prices offering blockbuster movies licenses and a nice Lcd screen.

It's a shame for the hobby and real passionate fans. Rick and Morty looks Fun and original but too limited and expensive for my blood.

I annoyed people by pushing the Iron Maiden Pinball as a dream theme for me on a few threads for 6 years before my dream came through but when it did I could not get my hands on an LE because it was gone and it became too expensive for me. Probably bought by the same people who thumb down my dream theme but sure like a profit.

I still enjoy my pro very much but I can't stop thinking a few people have NIB IMDN LE sitting in their garage and they could not care less about the theme or the music........they want $$$

No hate here but in a lot of things now I prefer underground obscur hobbies where you can avoid mass crowds and marketing hysteria. It's a good thing sometimes to like things that are not popular.

I use to have fun bringing the family to Disney......but like pinball Disney cost way more and there is way more people so less fun for all of us.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think this hobby was better before a bunch of middle aged dudes that grew up playing video games decided to throw a bunch of money at it so they could relive the 80s through pinball. Because of some midlife crisis or whatever.

Was it better when it was a bunch of middle aged dudes reliving the 70s?

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Good luck with the sale.
You can see here that this hobby has become a weird creature.
Taking chance by giving a deposit to a cie that might be out of business before you get what you paid them for ?
Ask Alien, the big lebowsky people who got burned.
Limited, super limited like this is suppose to confort buyers....I better buy this, they only going to make 500 LE
Dominating pinball cies are going cheap on us by cutting corners on quality meanwhile they keep increasing prices offering blockbuster movies licenses and a nice Lcd screen.
It's a shame for the hobby and real passionate fans. Rick and Morty looks Fun and original but too limited and expensive for my blood.
I annoyed people by pushing the Iron Maiden Pinball as a dream theme for me on a few threads for 6 years before my dream came through but when it did I could not get my hands on an LE because it was gone and it became too expensive for me. Probably bought by the same people who thumb down my dream theme but sure like a profit.
I still enjoy my pro very much but I can't stop thinking a few people have NIB IMDN LE sitting in their garage and they could not care less about the theme or the music........they want $$$
No hate here but in a lot of things now I prefer underground obscur hobbies where you can avoid mass crowds and marketing hysteria. It's a good thing sometimes to like things that are not popular.
I use to have fun bringing the family to Disney......but like pinball Disney cost way more and there is way more people so less fun for all of us.

Iron Maiden pro is awesome! Enjoy it , absolutely no need to have the LE . I think the artwork and color trim on Iron Maiden pro is the best of the three anyways . Sure you lose some features and gameplay is slightly different With the pro , but not different enough to make a difference . Who cares about the people with LEs sitting in their garage ? That Christmas tree green armor doesn’t look good , think about that instead and enjoy your pro .

#88 3 years ago

sorry! I don't know how to do quotes yet

FYI, either quote the entire post by clicking the quote marks in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote, or quote a portion of the post by highlighting that portion and clicking the quote box that then pops up.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You forgot-
"The whole world could have gone to hell because of the coronavirus"

Ha, as if.

#90 3 years ago

I could Be persuaded to part with mine if someone wants to part with, say, $12,500

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from bruinfan:

Was it better when it was a bunch of middle aged dudes reliving the 70s?

Probably. Not sure about them trying to relive it though.

Never saw any of them on the internet begging for a Laverne and Shirley or Good Times pinball machine.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I could Be persuaded to part with mine if someone wants to part with, say, $12,500

Wish I had bought your Cheetah. Don't you miss those old Sterns?

#93 3 years ago

As far as reliving the 70s, once the 90s arrived, there was no need. Sorry to those kids from the 80s that don't have their own 90s to look back on.

But guess what... Rick and Morty is what's happening now.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I mean I guess I’m that 40 something 80’s arcade kid you’re talking about, but I started getting pins in my 20’s cause I thought they were cool, not for nostalgia

Midlife crisis—-sure I guess, not for vanity reasons, more because I’m watching friends my age getting cancer and or dying

Pumping up soulless modern sterns...not me...I like the sterns with you know,,,real board sets

So I guess we’re not all bad

#95 3 years ago

I like pizza.

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I like pizza.

Oh ya...chuck e cheeses...I used to step on that mouses huge tail and trip that stupid MF’r in his costume...

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:As far as reliving the 70s, once the 90s arrived, there was no need. Sorry to those kids from the 80s that don't have their own 90s to look back on.
But guess what... Rick and Morty is what's happening now.

Well, everyone is forced to live in his time, and never mind if it was better in the past.

Is this game at least a good one?

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Is this game at least a good one?

Damn straight it is.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Damn straight it is.

I like the upper part, it reminds me the captive balls in BBB. Don’t know how it works but looks like a few.
Playfield design looks great too, just don’t know of it plays and about depth of rules.

#100 3 years ago

Alright guys, it’s at $10,200 now with a bit more than four days left. Let’s take some guesses to see where it ends and who gets closest.

I will speculate $12,720. Does eBay charge credit card fees?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 13,500.00
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-rick-and-morty-blood-suckers-edition-17/page/2?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.