RFM_07_(resized).jpg
RFM_08_(resized).jpg
RFM_02_(resized).jpg
RFM_09_(resized).jpg
RFM_01_(resized).jpg
RFM_04_(resized).jpg
RFM_03_(resized).jpg
RFM_05_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Revenge From Mars (Bally, 1999) in NJ "Price Drop"

Added: 2016-01-07 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (February 23rd, 2016) • Ended: March 8th, 2016
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 2,790

Revenge From Mars for sale in NJ. Listing for $2890 (Price Drop), OBO.
- The Playfield is in excellent condition, inclusive of the shooter's lane and Cliffy in the scoop. Ramps in great shape, with no perceived cracked plastic. Target Decals.
- The cabinet has a lot of small nicks, including the red molding. Slight cab decal bubbling around one of the flippers.
- LEDs to all GI and inserts.
- Video enhancement board added
- Additional RAM added to CPU.Running ROM version 1.4

Item photos

RFM_05_(resized).jpg
RFM_03_(resized).jpg
RFM_04_(resized).jpg
RFM_01_(resized).jpg
RFM_09_(resized).jpg
RFM_02_(resized).jpg
RFM_08_(resized).jpg
RFM_07_(resized).jpg
RFM_06_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are BestShot31's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to BestShot31's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Upper Freehold, NJ, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

#2 8 years ago

Played this, plays well, nice game...good seller.

#3 8 years ago

I thought LED's for GI's didn't go well with p2k?

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I thought LED's for GI's didn't go well with p2k?

RFM could use a OCD board. Hey Herg.......

#5 8 years ago

I consider myself a bit of an led snob, I didn't notice any issue in this RFM.

#6 8 years ago

I think there are error messages but does not effect game play. Looks great !

#7 8 years ago

LEDs work fine in Pin2k's. The only issue is the diagnostics in the machine show them as blown bulbs, so LEDs will always create a credit dot on a Pin2k.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

LEDs work fine in Pin2k's. The only issue is the diagnostics in the machine show them as blown bulbs, so LEDs will always create a credit dot on a Pin2k.

No so...at least in my game, they look bad but not terrible and everybody notices it.

#9 8 years ago

I personally like the LEDs in the RFM. Especially if the colors are chosen correctly. The error messages are not a worry, as they clearly state the bulb issue, thereby distinguishing it from another type of error.

#10 8 years ago

i may try that when I clean mine again. I was worried about ghosting and flicker

#11 8 years ago

Not me man- keeping this game original, baby. Awesome fade effects, plus I heard that LEDs behind the reflection area at the top of the playfield do some bad things in that area.

#12 8 years ago

see that's what i heard too. But I also heard this back when LED's didn't have the ability to be universal AC and DC, and non ghosting formats. LED's have come a long way in the past 3 years.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

see that's what i heard too. But I also heard this back when LED's didn't have the ability to be universal AC and DC, and non ghosting formats. LED's have come a long way in the past 3 years.

I think the biggest problem was the "half dimming effects" regardless of the LEDs, they are still always on or always off unless your more modern game uses something like PWM or an LED-OCD. Some folks simply leave the back bulbs regular bulbs when converting to LED.

Sorry to hijack the thread, free bump

#14 8 years ago

Price drop, $100 off initial asking price.

1 month later
#16 8 years ago

I've never really understood why RFM, at this price, isn't sold instantly. The technology and the laughs this game has is amazing. When one came up for sale a couple of years ago in my neck of the woods I was there quickly and bought it. This game is one of the great bargains in the pinball world.

QSS

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I've never really understood why RFM, at this price, isn't sold instantly. The technology and the laughs this game has is amazing. When one came up for sale a couple of years ago in my neck of the woods I was there quickly and bought it. This game is one of the great bargains in the pinball world.
QSS

This. Great game, great condition, totally fair price. Surprised it hasn't been scooped up yet.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

QSS

In the end, people just don't like it that much. It's a decent game but that pin2K format is pretty unlovable. RFM just reminds people of AFM, and reminds them it isn't as good.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In the end, people just don't like it that much. It's a decent game but that pin2K format is pretty unlovable. RFM just reminds people of AFM, and reminds them it isn't as good.

A) The "purists" don't want a video game monitor inside a pinball. Period.
B) The question of availability and expense of some key parts (Prism/computer/special glass) kind of make some shy away.

I don't think it really has anything at all to do with AFM. In fact, it being the same theme and art at a 1/4 of the price was one of the big draws for me. I think as a pinball it plays pretty darn good - one of the best, and has great cultural & historical significance. Why anyone would sell it is beyond me, mine's staying put.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-revenge-from-mars-bally-1999-in-nj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.