(Topic ID: 122940)

For sale: Revenge From Mars (Bally, 1999) (Allentown!)

By NJGecko

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bump bear.gif
dead-horse.gif
2015-03-29 11.33.15.jpg
2015-03-29 11.32.33.jpg
2015-03-29 11.32.42.jpg
2015-03-29 11.33.32.jpg
2015-03-29 11.33.37.jpg
2015-03-29 11.33.45.jpg
2015-02-11 19.12.01.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 2,400

for sale

Revenge From Mars (Bally, 1999) (Allentown!)

Added: March 30th, 2015 Ended: May 21st, 2015
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Item description

Pulled out of a basement where it spent the last 8 years.
Cabinet/playfield are decent. Not perfect.
Scoop has normal wear.

The good:
Monitor is bright and vivid
BRAND NEW CPU and MOTHERBOARD (it's all in caps because it's a huge plus)
New CPU fan and power supply
Pinball Pro speaker system
LEDs
Have a cliffy (not installed)

The bad:
Could use a shop job. Not filthy, but wouldn't eat breakfast off of it.
Needs a flipper rebuild. I have the kit on the way, just not sure if I will get it done before Allentown. If not installed, the kit will be included.
One or two cracked plastics.
Standup switches around the center need to be replaced.

Price is commensurate with the brand new motherboard being included. It is a huge thing. It's NOS and near impossible to find. It should provide years of trouble-free service life.
The LEDs and speakers add some value, but not much. It's a fair condition machine.

Item photos

2015-02-11 19.12.01.jpg
2015-03-29 11.33.45.jpg
2015-03-29 11.33.37.jpg
2015-03-29 11.33.32.jpg
2015-03-29 11.32.42.jpg
2015-03-29 11.32.33.jpg
2015-03-29 11.33.15.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

River Edge, NJ, US

Seller insights

These are NJGecko's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to NJGecko's stats page

#2 4 years ago

Some interest...throw me an offer and see what sticks...

#3 4 years ago

I'm surprised this machine has not sold yet! I love mine!

#4 4 years ago

Yep, it's still hanging around.....slowly getting LEDs installed. This weekend it may get the flipper rebuild it's begging for....

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

I'm surprised this machine has not sold yet! I love mine!

Because the seller is putting an emphasis on a nos cpu which means little. The electronics are just as old and liable to fail the same as a used one at this point. The monitor being new is nice because no burn in. 2 months ago there was one for 2800 that was near perfect and it took some time to sell. 2600, needing a shop job with an ok cabinet, playfield, but needing a few things? Could be awhile.

#6 4 years ago

I *hate* Cyrix! Didn't they have to change a Schwarzenegger movie because the "evil" company name was too similar to Cyrix?

EDIT: I did my homework on this and it was the movie "Eraser." They changed Cyrex to Cyrez.

"Cyrix employees who saw pre- release trailers for the movie initially complained about the name. Major Cyrix investors who saw the film's preview also discussed the name problem with Cyrix executives at a dinner in New York last month. "

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Because the seller is putting an emphasis on a nos cpu which means little. The electronics are just as old and liable to fail the same as a used one at this point. The monitor being new is nice because no burn in. 2 months ago there was one for 2800 that was near perfect and it took some time to sell. 2600, needing a shop job with an ok cabinet, playfield, but needing a few things? Could be awhile.

I think on this we are going to have to agree to disagree. An NOS motherboard is huge. They simply don't make then any longer. Is it still a 15 year old board? Yep. But has it had 15 years of power cycling, dirty, dust, heat soak cycles, potential repair hacks, power surges...no.

#8 4 years ago

Bump on this....

#9 4 years ago

Should anyone wavering on this one need good word about the seller, I bought SWE1 from him in February. My machine had the same "could use a cleaning" type of language and you know what? It cleaned up wonderfully. Buy with confidence - great product, accurate description, and very flexible in helping make a long-distance deal work.

Quoted from NJGecko:

BRAND NEW CPU and MOTHERBOARD

NJGecko, the old motherboard is the kind of thing I wouldn't mind have laying around if you still have it. Let me know or just surprise me with it at Allentown!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#10 4 years ago

I thought this price was great! I'm going to ask way more than that when I sell mine. Hell there is one listed for 4k on here!

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I think on this we are going to have to agree to disagree. An NOS motherboard is huge. They simply don't make then any longer. Is it still a 15 year old board? Yep. But has it had 15 years of power cycling, dirty, dust, heat soak cycles, potential repair hacks, power surges...no.

15 year old caps are 15 year old caps no matter what way you slice it. It is still liable to fail at any moment just like the rest of them.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

15 year old caps are 15 year old caps no matter what way you slice it. It is still liable to fail at any moment just like the rest of them.

I get it...you don't think it adds any value. Opinion noted. So...don't buy the game. I'm really not going to lose sleep.

dead-horse.gif
#13 4 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Should anyone wavering on this one need good word about the seller, I bought SWE1 from him in February. My machine had the same "could use a cleaning" type of language and you know what? It cleaned up wonderfully. Buy with confidence - great product, accurate description, and very flexible in helping make a long-distance deal work.

NJGecko, the old motherboard is the kind of thing I wouldn't mind have laying around if you still have it. Let me know or just surprise me with it at Allentown!
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

Thanks for the kind words! The old board is gone. I sent it out to be repaired and was deemed DOA (or FNG depending on how you want to go) so I just didn't ask for it back.

#14 4 years ago

Recommended seller. And yes, that is an international approval!

Glws

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I agree with this. bad caps are bad caps, new or old. However, the price is good enough where you could just send the board and pro actively get those replaced.

#16 4 years ago

bump

bump bear.gif
#17 4 years ago

Based on some feedback I'm going to drop this one down, $2400 now, with free delivery to Allentown or, of course, local pickup.

#18 4 years ago

Great price! (even after dollar exchange)

if I wasn't forced to pay taxes coming home, you may twist my arm.

I need to become American.

#19 4 years ago

Seems that it just needs a little tlc. Not bad price! These are getting harder to find.

#20 4 years ago

Yeah. It would be beautiful with a little bit of elbow grease. But I got it booting and playing which is my challenge I love to conquer. Doing the shiny and pretty treatment sometimes I leave for other people...

#22 4 years ago

NJGecko - Did it sell yet? Just curious; I'm not in the market.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or Williams 3-7 sound board solutions

#23 4 years ago

Sale pending, but will know later today for sure

#24 4 years ago

Sale off....no show on the buyer.

I did finish the flipper rebuilds. So yeah, up for grabs...or else it's going to come to Allentown with me!

#25 4 years ago

What a sweet game

hold on to it until next tax season

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

What a sweet game
hold on to it until next tax season

Next? i havent even finished THIS season. Lol

#27 4 years ago

its the 15th

Happy Tax Day

#28 4 years ago

April 30th here in Canada land

#29 4 years ago

Hooray for taxes

#30 4 years ago

Im wondering how negative I will be this year.

#31 4 years ago

Depends on whether you buy a RFM and bring it back across the border....!

#32 4 years ago

Unfortunately Im working on a different deal right now that will burn a couple RFMs price tags

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Unfortunately Im working on a different deal right now that will burn a couple RFMs price tags

?????????????? you got a $500 RFM ??????

#34 4 years ago

More like, I may be buying a game that could pay for multiple RFMs in one shot.

#35 4 years ago

gotcha

3 weeks later
#36 4 years ago

Sold and gone!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside