New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 154761)

For sale: Revenge From Mars (Bally, 1999) - $ reduced daily

By glasairpilot

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by glasairpilot
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

oh-oh-oh-no.gif
2016-03-13_19.21.19_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_19.20.36_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_19.20.29_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_19.20.22_(resized).jpg
File_Mar_13,_6_58_38_PM_(resized).jpeg
2016-03-13_17.27.41_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.36.41_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.38.12_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.37.59_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.37.51_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.37.44_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.37.40_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.31.55_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.31.51_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.31.41_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 4,125

for sale

For sale: Revenge From Mars (Bally, 1999) - $ reduced daily

Added: March 13th, 2016 Ended: March 21st, 2016
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Item description

This RFM will be reduced $25 per day until sold - Started at $4,200. I have what I believe to be the nicest RFM available. This machine is near perfect in every way. Cabinet and play field are perfect. No nicks, dents, scratches, wear, or problems with anything. The inside of the cabinet and under the play field are spotless as well.

It has the Wells Gardner monitor and I installed the video amplifier. The amplifier is a huge improvement in video brightness and improves the game significantly. It also has an LED replacement tube for the translite along with a complete set of premium coin taker LEDS and a Cliffy over the Stroke of Luck hole.

Also included is the original manual, schematics, unopened bulb / accessory bag, additional cord, tools, and lock down bar.

Also available, but not included is a new spare computer board, (2) new flexible play field ramps, new acrylic ramp target, computer fan, and plastic set.

The game is in my basement; however, I have an elevator to lift it out. You are more than welcome to play it in my home before purchasing.

If you want a perfect example of RFM this is the one to own.

I would consider trading up to a HUO LOTR, X-MEN LE, or Star Trek LE.

Located in Auburn, IN which is in the NE corner of the state.

Item photos

2016-03-13_17.31.22_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.27.50_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.28.07_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.28.13_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.28.22_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.32.26_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.32.34_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.30.58_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.31.13_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.31.32_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.31.37_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.31.41_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.31.51_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.31.55_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.37.40_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.37.44_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.37.51_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.37.59_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.38.12_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.36.41_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_17.27.41_(resized).jpg
File_Mar_13,_6_58_38_PM_(resized).jpeg
2016-03-13_19.20.22_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_19.20.29_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_19.20.36_(resized).jpg
2016-03-13_19.21.19_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 4,125

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Fort Myers, FL, US

Seller insights

These are glasairpilot's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to glasairpilot's stats page

#2 4 years ago

Update: Price will be reduced $25 per day until sold.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Update: Price will be reduced $25 per day until sold.

I'll check back in 24-30 days
GLWS

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

I'll check back in 24-30 days
GLWS

LOL, you might just get it! I sold an airplane using the same method except it was $1000 per day. I had a guy show up at the airport with cash. He said he could not take it any longer after 15 days knowing someone would eventually buy it and did not want to lose the plane over a few thousand dollars. It was kind of a fun way to sell.

#5 4 years ago

the video images look incredible

#6 4 years ago

I dig the sales tactic.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I dig the sales tactic.

I kinda like it too. Let the market decide. I'm guessing you will actually get more this way. GLWS

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

the video images look incredible

Thank you! Luckily I have the Wells Gardner monitor which is very easy to hook up to the video amplifier. I could not believe the difference the amplifier made. I literally was not seeing but maybe 1/2 of what was actually being displayed before the amplifier install. The LEDs make a tremendous difference as well.

#10 4 years ago

I'd end it right now if we were neighbors

#11 4 years ago

Another day another $25 - $4150

#12 4 years ago

-$2,975 by Christmas....

GLWS

#13 4 years ago

I'm following this Thread just for the excitement!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from cburnett11:

-$2,975 by Christmas....
GLWS

Heck, it will be free by then

#15 4 years ago

Heck, it will be free by then

That is a negative sign in front of the price.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from cburnett11:

That is a negative sign in front of the price.

I hope it doesn't get to that amount

Seriously, though, this is one of those machines that you just feel good about owning as far as the condition and mods are concerned. If you are a collector and want perfect condition and mods limited to making the machine better, yet not over the top then this one makes sense. If you just want a player's machine there are plenty available for $2500-$3000.

#17 4 years ago

Well it may get that low minus the negative. Market will tell. I've seen good used ones sell for under 2k. Time it gets to fair market and shipping included makes it reasonable still, or the buyer is close to get it, half the interested parties or more will have fell asleep. Someone doing a daily price post on the game? Too lazy to do the subtraction.

#19 4 years ago

Everyone lets Limbo now.

http://img.memecdn.com/oh-oh-oh-no_o_843873.gif

oh-oh-oh-no.gif

#20 4 years ago

That is great!

Anyway, have no idea how low it will go, but it will be sold. As for $2k - if you get it for that you will have the best RFM in the country for $2k

Price updates will be daily and will be adjusted on the listing price - no math needed

#21 4 years ago

That is great!
Anyway, have no idea how low it will go, but it will be sold. As for $2k - if you get it for that you will have the best RFM in the country for $2k
Price updates will be daily and will be adjusted on the listing price - no math needed

Now if I could only git the GIF to work.
Some days your the dog and some days your the wiener....

#22 4 years ago

I'll be watching!

#23 4 years ago

What does the video amp do? Was the tube in need of rejuvenation or what was the issue prior to the video amp?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

What does the video amp do? Was the tube in need of rejuvenation or what was the issue prior to the video amp?

Common add-on for the wells gardner monitor, it helps boost the brightness of the display.

#25 4 years ago

in 72 days it will be 2350 and youd get a pm from me then
glwts very interesting selling tactic

#26 4 years ago

The way I understand it, the video signal from the factory is not amplified enough to get a nice bright display. The amplifier is about the size of a pack of matches. Luckily, most of the Wells Garner monitor machines already had +5 volts running through the video cable to power the amplifier. You simply cut the original video cable to attach the RGB and +5/G and then run a new cable to the monitor. The difference in display is incredible. "Paris in Peril" and "Tower Struggle" were huge improvements. I could not believe the video quality difference. It is by far, the best mod you can do.

The other monitor setup usually does not have +5 coming through the cable and has to be tapped from another source and the connections themselves are harder from what I understand.

#27 4 years ago

Reduced again today another $25 - $4,125

#28 4 years ago

Reduced again today another $25 - $4,125

71 days to go and you have a buyer!

#29 4 years ago

I like the sales tactic. RFM isn't at the top of my wish list but I'm definitely keeping my eye on this.

#30 4 years ago

Couldn't you just adjust the +5v on the chassis itself or does that model not have that option? I usually have to do that on some of the arcades prior to rejuvenation.

#31 4 years ago

Couldn't you just adjust the +5v on the chassis itself or does that model not have that option? I usually have to do that on some of the arcades prior to rejuvenation.

I'm pretty sure the +5v is for the board logic. It wouldn't amplify the video signal. Increasing the board logic voltage would just cause damage on the boards.

#32 4 years ago

I don't think so. There was +5V coming out of the serial cable going to the monitor. The problem is that there was no signal amplifier to boost the signal, so you were left with a pretty dark screen. It seems that the original designers thought that the original gain was enough and yet they provided +5V in the cable for the Wells Gardner machines, but not the others. With the other machines you have to tap into the computer to get +5V and I do not think that is a good idea. Anyway, again, the difference it makes is incredible.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm pretty sure the +5v is for the board logic. It wouldn't amplify the video signal. Increasing the board logic voltage would just cause damage on the boards.

Hmm interesting. Its been something we have done for years and it has a direct impact on the video signal. Makes pictures come alive again for sure. Also a trick was taking the b+ going to the neck board and wrapping it around the flyback, boosted picture as well but that was a worst case on the road trick to fix something until we could pull the monitor.

I don't think so. There was +5V coming out of the serial cable going to the monitor. The problem is that there was no signal amplifier to boost the signal, so you were left with a pretty dark screen. It seems that the original designers thought that the original gain was enough and yet they provided +5V in the cable for the Wells Gardner machines, but not the others. With the other machines you have to tap into the computer to get +5V and I do not think that is a good idea. Anyway, again, the difference it makes is incredible.

This is valuable info. I will have to try this out on my SWEP1. Do you happen to have a part number or place I could find one of these?

Also I am waiting out this auction a little bit. I have been looking for a RFM and this one sure is nice. Are you going to MGC by chance?

#34 4 years ago

I received the video amplifier with the machine, but it was not installed. I think it was actually made in England.

As for the install I used John's Arcade for help. I have not watched the video again, but I think he tapped +5V separately, but found later that he did not need to do so since his machine had the same setup as mine.

Here is the link:

#35 4 years ago

Game is sold to a Pinsider pending pickup Sunday. I am freezing the price here, but if the deal falls through for some reason I will lower the price $75 to catch up.

#36 4 years ago

Hmm interesting. Its been something we have done for years and it has a direct impact on the video signal. Makes pictures come alive again for sure. Also a trick was taking the b+ going to the neck board and wrapping it around the flyback, boosted picture as well but that was a worst case on the road trick to fix something until we could pull the monitor.

I was making a few assumptions about the system, so I'll defer to your experience with the machine. The video did a good job explaining what the signal voltage was and what it gets boosted to.

#37 4 years ago

With the other machines you have to tap into the computer to get +5V and I do not think that is a good idea.

To avoid "tapping" into the computer my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner uses 5v; I install a USB card into the computer and then pull +5 using USB cables. USB a:a for the combiner board and USB a:barrel connect for the GBS8200 VGA up-converter. I point it out because you can use the same solution to pull +5 for other purposes... and you might already have an old, unused computer laying around with a usable USB card in it.

-Rob
-visit me at TPF! Or at http://www.kahr.us to get my Daughterboard that helps fic WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#38 4 years ago

Someone's paying over $4000 on this? Wow. Pinball has gone full retard for sure. Gonna be a lot of pissed off casual pinball buyers when they try to sell a 4k game worth 2500 tops, mint

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from leonml:

Someone's paying over $4000 on this? Wow. Pinball has gone full retard for sure. Gonna be a lot of pissed off casual pinball buyers when they try to sell a 4k game worth 2500 tops, mint

Whatever the market will bare.

#40 4 years ago

People better start praying someone gets elected to make changes cause when it keeps going south with more jobs and factories lost, etc. Depression hits. Gonna be a lot of cheap pinball machines that were originally sold for thousands. Get your bibles out. Lol

#41 4 years ago

Pins are worth what people will pay - no more or no less. I paid $3,700 for a pristine HUO Monopoly my friend owned. Was told by few Pinsiders how stupid I was to pay that much. It is sitting happily in my basement and gets played a lot. Paid $8k for a new MMR and have read here where people think it is a POS, a fake, and will not be worth anything in the future, etc. Just bought a new GB LE as well and have listened to the negative thinkers say how stupid it is to pay $8k for an unproven pin that will likely have horrible code. I can remember when people laughed at $3500 LOTRs used.

So, lots of opinions on Pinsiders, and most of them from people that really don't look at facts, just speak with emotion.

As for $2500 for MINT RFM - I will take all of them you have. By MINT, I mean like mine. HUO, perfect everything, and the video mod. There are none available anywhere close to that price that are any good.

#42 4 years ago

Yep you get what you pay for. Everybody on here wants a Huo pin for the beater price.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside