IMG_1220 (resized).JPG
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
IMG_1217 (resized).JPG
IMG_1215 (resized).JPG
IMG_1215 (resized).JPG
IMG_1213 (resized).JPG
IMG_1210 (resized).JPG
IMG_1205 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Great Playing Xenon

Added: 2019-03-27 20:18:09 UTC • Ended: April 11th, 2019
Condition: Partially shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 2,300 (OBO)

Open for offers

4.6: ...will post some better pictures by next weekend, including the cabinet repairs and detailed playfield photos (without the lights on).

Bally Xenon pinball that plays GREAT. I am working to better match the blue paint I used to touch up a couple of scuffs on the cabinet left side; other than that I cannot think of anything it needs.

I put a new power board inside the cabinet and a new Altek LED display driver board in the head; the original lamp board (not photographed) is included and works fine with incandescent bulbs. The playfield plastics set is new and the old one sits in the body with the old lamp board. The entire pin has received a GORGEOUS LED conversion, which I know isn't for everyone - but it's done and includes an LED tube. I had the sound card sent out and completely rebuilt. Connections were checked and repaired if necessary. The manuals and wiring diagrams are included.

I borrowed the verbiage below from another ad, because it applies

I am not a Pinball Flipper... this machine is from my personal collection. All reasonable offers will be considered. I will describe this pinball machine as best I can, honestly, so you know that what you see is what you are going to receive if you purchase. A short video of the game functioning is available upon request.

Please look at the photos carefully and ask any questions you might have.
All sales are final.
Thank you.

Item photos

IMG_1205 (resized).JPG
IMG_1210 (resized).JPG
IMG_1213 (resized).JPG
IMG_1215 (resized).JPG
IMG_1215 (resized).JPG
IMG_1217 (resized).JPG
IMG_1219 (resized).JPG
IMG_1220 (resized).JPG
IMG_1221 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are JustAl's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to JustAl's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Hayden, ID, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

#2 5 years ago

You may want to lost what was done in the restore other than what was mentioned. Inquiring minds would want to know.

#3 5 years ago

Okay I got to say it and I'm sure I'm going to catch a bunch of crap for this but how the hell do you call that thing restored when the cabinets all beat up and the inside looks like it's never been cleaned I just must have a different idea of what restored means than you

A 9 out of 10 you got to be kidding me

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Okay I got to say it and I'm sure I'm going to catch a bunch of crap for this but how the hell do you call that thing restored when the cabinets all beat up and the inside looks like it's never been cleaned I just must have a different idea of what restored means than you
A 9 out of 10 you got to be kidding me

You wont catch crap from me.. that is no 9 out of 10 and you cant even see the playfield with those hideous colored leds...

Here's how to sell a game for the many that struggle with this process .......turn OFF the game, take off the glass and shoot some decent pictures of the game. playfield, inserts, Ramps ( if on the specific game), boards, cabinet, under playfield, and obviously any repairs/damage/ trouble spots to the game. This might not be the case here but so tired of those trying to hide poor condition games.. be a honest seller. Again I don't know the seller here but for the newbies coming to pinball, beware of pics and selling posts like this.

The interior is filthy and obviously not restored, so who knows what else was or was not done. You cant see much, but what you can see doesn't reflect a 9 of 10. If I were seriously looking at this specific game, I'd wait for new pics before moving forward.

#5 5 years ago

/

Quoted from vbittnv:You wont catch crap from me.. that is no 9 out of 10 and you cant even see the playfield with those hideous colored leds..

Totally agree. Xenon without a near perfect PF, BG and near perfect cabinet isn't 9/10. With those pics and the eye scorching colored LED's who'd ever know what it looks like.

#6 5 years ago

I just completed a complete tear down a my Xenon, completely strip the cabinets repainted restencil new CRP Playfield and Plastics Altec boards throughout and I was thinking about asking 2500 s*** now I'm thinking asking 4000.

I have all that posted somewhere here on pinside but even I won't ask more than it's worth

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

I just completed a complete tear down a my Xenon, completely strip the cabinets repainted restencil new CRP Playfield and Plastics Altec boards throughout and I was thinking about asking 2500 s*** now I'm thinking asking 4000.
I have all that posted somewhere here on pinside but even I won't ask more than it's worth

I don't know too much about pricing for Xenon, but I would hope it's worth more then 2500.. You have 1200 or so just in new playfield, plastics, and stencil..

Makes me wonder about the value of my EBD project...

Dave

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Calipindave:

I don't know too much about pricing for Xenon, but I would hope it's worth more then 2500.. You have 1200 or so just in new playfield, plastics, and stencil..

Yeah you are probably right, but I don't really do this to try to retire on. If I can make a little great if not than that's ok to. Someone gets a good game at a fair price.

#9 5 years ago

I'd like to see some darker photographs with even less detail.

1 week later
#10 5 years ago

Just saw these comments and see the community doesn't pull any punches Thanks to those with un-exaggerated and positive suggestions to a first time PinSide ad.

It took me a couple of reads and reviews of the photos I uploaded to better understand what is being said. I didn't think about the cabinet inside and I have repainted the exterior spots, so I should have better prepared this pin for the marketplace. The work performed but not listed includes board refurbishment or replacement, checking and fixing connectors, paint and clearcoat on the playfield, new plastics and lights. Yup, some people don't like LEDs; to each their own.

I'll clean the inside of the cabinet if it really detracts from the ad; it doesn't affect play or reliability, so frankly it wasn't my focus. I'll try to get better photos up next weekend and include the playfield without the LEDs fired up, etc.

#11 5 years ago

/

Quoted from JustAl:I'll try to get better photos up next weekend and include the playfield without the LEDs fired up, etc.

Don't take offense but when selling a 9/10 game you need to show pics of the PF with the game off and glass removed. A full PF pic, plus the upper, middle, and lower are best. A pic of the rear of the BG unlit is also helpful. Open the head and include one of the boards too. Pics of each side of the cabinet, the head sides and coin door front and rear. At this price point that's a minimum for a serious buyer.

The inside of the cabinet should be at least vacuumed and cleaned with Mean Green. I'd expect the linear flipper were rebuilt, all coil sleeves replaced, new drop targets if OE show wear, every light works, no missing segments in the displays, legs repainted correct color, new levelers etc.

LED's are personal choice but most here want a game that looks like OE to a point. Not a rainbow puke, see the thread on here.

I have a Xenon, my favorite game with NOS BG, clearcoated NOS PF, NOS Spinner and a pile more of NOS parts. My cabinet is OE with very little wear. Every lamp socket was replaced during the PF swap, all boards rebuilt and upgraded and I would still be shy to call it a 9/10.

#12 5 years ago

Thanks tomdrum and yeah at first I took offense to some of the comments posted. I'm a "praise in public, criticize in private" kind of guy and would have preferred a direct message, but realize the world doesn't always work this way. I appreciate your additional guidance and the perspective that what is a "9" in my book may not be in someone else's; same with the "too many options" condition pulldown menu. I'd prefer broader categories (e.g. professionally restored, hobbiest restoration, player's condition, needs help, & trashed). What is "restored" vs. "refurbished" is splitting hairs to me - but obviously not to all.

My goal is to provide a transparent, honest sale. I'll probably take down / nuke this ad and start anew next weekend, as I'm heading to the airport in a couple of hours for work this week.

Cheers,
JustAl -

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-restored-xenon?hl=calipindave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.