IMG_2976 (resized).JPG
IMG_2981 (resized).JPG
IMG_2978 (resized).JPG
IMG_2982 (resized).JPG
IMG_2983 (resized).JPG
IMG_2989 (resized).JPG
IMG_2991 (resized).JPG
IMG_2990 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pintopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

Restored Doctor Who

Added: 2017-10-18 16:45:39 UTC • Ended: October 21st, 2017
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 4,250 (OBO)

Open for offers

This is a Super Nice Very Clean Doctor Who. I'm marking this one as restored as it has been gone through from top to bottom. I have been restoring games for over 15 years please see my feedback.

The cabinet is all original with no fade and no holes drilled (very rare on any DMD of this era). The only issue is a small chip in the upper right head that's in the black area and not really noticeable unless looking for it. Even the backside is clean!

All boards have been tested and are hack free. No acid damage or burnt connectors. All wiring has been gone through and correct connectors replaced as needed. The bottom side of the playfield has all been cleaned and rebuilt. Including all inserts cleaned all Mechs removed any worn parts replaced and Mechs cleaned all coil sleeves replaced and all switches adjusted per original specs. The Mini playfield has been cleaned and rebuilt it is super tight and moves up and down straight as an arrow. The top side has all been stripped cleaned and replaced per original specs. All new rubber installed including super bands for the flippers, has the original lighting flippers, new sling plastics with clear washer protectors. All new star posts no broken or cracked plastics. The topper has been removed cleaned along with the clear plastic cover and works perfectly. The translight has been removed cleaned along with the glass. There is one scratch on the translight that I can touch up if you like. The display panel was removed disassembled cleaned and reassembled per original specs. All bulb sockets were refurbed and all new bulbs installed including flashers throughout the game. Even the flipper buttons were removed and cleaned!

This is a beautiful bright clean Doctor Who It's been dialed in and plays fast, smooth and tight. If you are looking for a super clean restored reliable Doctor Who This is It! This Doctor Who would be a very nice addition to your home collection.

Feel free to ask any question or request additional photos. Some trades may be considered.

Item photos

IMG_2975 (resized).JPG
IMG_2993 (resized).JPG
IMG_2992 (resized).JPG
IMG_2986 (resized).JPG
IMG_2985 (resized).JPG
IMG_2984 (resized).JPG
IMG_2988 (resized).JPG
IMG_2987 (resized).JPG
IMG_2990 (resized).JPG
IMG_2991 (resized).JPG
IMG_2989 (resized).JPG
IMG_2983 (resized).JPG
IMG_2982 (resized).JPG
IMG_2978 (resized).JPG
IMG_2981 (resized).JPG
IMG_2976 (resized).JPG
IMG_2977 (resized).JPG
IMG_2974 (resized).JPG
IMG_3019.JPG
IMG_3026.JPG
IMG_3021 (resized).JPG
IMG_3022 (resized).JPG
IMG_3025 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Pintopia's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Pintopia's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Duanesburg, NY, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 138.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

#8 6 years ago

Yes had two of them this one I picked up in a trade shortly after I sold the first one. This Doctor Who is nearly perfect (after I restored it . Plays the best of any game I've had super tight and the shots are smooth the geometry is just right on this game. I know restored and shop have two broad meanings however this game is truly restored unlike many shopped games that i've come across with led's installed with inserts so dirty you still only get a dim view, some rubbers are change a few bulbs replaced and a dirty rag wipe down. know I know there are different levels of "shopped" but to me from what I've seem and experienced shopped simply means a game has received a general cleaning and brought back to playable condition. Were as restored would mean every aspect of the game has been inspected cleaned and all repairs affected as original or better with physical appearance nearing original condition.

My background as an electrical engineer and jet engine mechanic while serving in the air force has given me a good base to restore these games. I kinda go a bit further on all my games a few examples would be: I remove all boards working or not washing them with an appropriate cleaner inspecting and fixing all issues with the proper components. Then re-fusing them with all the correct values. While the boards are out I clean the back panel as well as all the cabling. An example of detailing I do would be for all linkages not only are the cleaned along with the rest of the mech with a proper cleaner but before installed I will use Novus 2 on the metal plunger rod. Make it super shiny and smooth and they glide throw the new sleeve....

Regards Don

#11 6 years ago

I appreciate the opinions shoot me an offer I'm easy to work with...

#21 6 years ago

Just wanted to add that the Doctor Who comes with new playfield glass and new legs. The legs in the photos are nice but just thought a game this nice deserved them, it completes it....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 110.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pintopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-restored-doctor-who?tu=Pintopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.