Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Cobray
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

Maybe first hint of a pin price stabilization or possible slow down. A 5k SM in good shape lasted less than a day a couple months ago.

And a couple months prior to that they were $4500. Two months from now it may be $5.5k or $4.5k again, doesn't really matter if there is a buyer at the stated price.

#52 11 years ago

I can also see X-Men (and possably Avengers) coming out cooling down the Spidey market a bit. Fans of the Spidey (and possably comics in general) theme that were looking for a Spider-Man may now be taking a wait and see approach to the new offerings.

#53 11 years ago

at least I got chicken.

#54 11 years ago

It's not about the condition of the game. It's about you making claims that 100% aren't true. I've been in this hobby a few years now, I've dealt and talked to 100's of people both in person and on forums. Not once have I ever found someone who would say a game that spent 3 years in a bowling alley is not routed, and the term "home use" is complete BS. I've seen people say "spent the last 10 years home use," yah, people are trying too hard to sell a routed game.

Again, I'm glad the current owner had the opportunity to buy it based on "what he saw," but if you told him the game wasn't routed it's still wrong.

Quoted from EJS:

Wow, I haven't had time to look at this thread since my return from TN. It was certainly not my intention to cause all this confusion or misunderstanding or conflict. This I apologize for. Having worked for an operator and talked with other ops and enthusiasts, most everyone I know (and talk with) defines a routed machine as a game that is put on the truck, and hops from one location to the next to be beaten into the ground.

I'd like to use Google Maps as an example. A route, would be a path of multiple points, like a bus route, or directions from getting to point A to B with multiple turning points, directions, would be a route. A dot, one spot (Blainbrook) would be hard to argue as a route.

As for the "HUO" argument is concerned, I mentioned this was "home use" not "home use only".

As I have found this to be a welcoming place to talk and sell pinball, I would like to call it 'end of discussion'. If I have misled someone, I'm sorry. But the most important part is that the current owner of the machine understands the condition, has seen and played the machine and had the opportunity to buy or not buy based on what he saw. I had only sent pictures to a few people so I can see where the condition may be up for debate.

Finally I would like to comment on the TOPS tournaments. Yes, the newer Stern games have been set up tight due to some bang-backs earlier in the years. This is no longer a problem. At some points, they were set a little tighter for league. Family Guy is the only TOPS game I have control of. The tournament results on there now will speak for themselves for good payouts. As a side note, current winners, please PM for payment. I have not been able to locate everyone yet. Due to my odd hours at this location, I am discontinuing tournament play on this game until further notice as I don't want to be running around with money on pots that need to be paid out. Its not fair and it doesn't look good. Thanks for the support for those who have played in it. By the way, tilt warnings are back and less shots now to complete mini playfield!

Thanks everyone for the interest, Spidey is sold. Since this thread has served its purpose, I will welcome any administrator to close this thread. I did not come here to cause problems and do not wish any to continue. If someone does not care for the condition of a game I sell, or the way one of my machines play on location, or feels cheated in any way, I will not be offended if you play (or buy) a different game instead. It is your money and you are free to do what you wish with it.

Respectfully,

Eric

#55 11 years ago

This is nothing abnormal.. those with routed games hoping they can sell for almost near HUO prices. With the way the market is, it could happen, but I'd bet that those that are used to NIB sterns and HUO samples would find themselves a little disappointed with a routed game once it showed up at their door.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-red-sm-in-mn-5000-bo/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.