IMG_6232 (resized).JPG
IMG_6229 (resized).JPG
IMG_1820 (resized).JPG
IMG_1819 (resized).JPG
IMG_1814 (resized).JPG
IMG_1816 (resized).JPG
IMG_1815 (resized).JPG
IMG_1803 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Rat Race

Added: 2017-05-22 14:07:40 UTC • Ended: July 1st, 2017
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 7,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

Game works 100% and is in very very nice condition, some people who saw it a the Ottawa Pinball Show call it mint, the cabinet was restored and the black repainted (inside also) and what a job it was to make those stencils, legs repainted, every metal part on the cabinet and playfield were removed and soaked in Evapo-Rust to remove rust, dirt and give a nice shine, perfect clearcoated playfield, all plastics are nice and unbroken except for one (see pics), boards were gone over and ROM's updated by a technician, new locks on all three doors, new leg levelers, Anypin NVRAM added to replace batteries since these Rat Races all have the same fault, they use up the batteries in 3 weeks (I know, this is my second Rat Race and the other was exactly the same), original coin box with cover is included, I'll include a Joust manual with the game since settings in the game adjustement menu are similar to Joust, I also have a switch matrix and solonoid list made by a guy in California who also has a Rat Race and gave them to me, will also include a few spare parts, new spare ROM's and a display board (I don't remember if it's working or not), a bag of LED's are included with the game.
I can pack up the game on a pallet for free but buyer must arrange shipping, or pick up is even better.
Asking 7000$ USD.
Here's a video I made of another Rat Race I had a few years ago:

Item photos

IMG_1800 (resized).JPG
IMG_1802 (resized).JPG
IMG_1803 (resized).JPG
IMG_1804 (resized).JPG
IMG_1805 (resized).JPG
IMG_1807 (resized).JPG
IMG_1808 (resized).JPG
IMG_1809 (resized).JPG
IMG_1810 (resized).JPG
IMG_1827 (resized).JPG
IMG_1820 (resized).JPG
IMG_1809 (resized).JPG
IMG_1810 (resized).JPG
IMG_1811 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are ALJO's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ALJO's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Lévis, QC, CA

#2 6 years ago

More pictures:

IMG_1813 (resized).JPGIMG_1813 (resized).JPG

IMG_1812 (resized).JPGIMG_1812 (resized).JPG

IMG_1814 (resized).JPGIMG_1814 (resized).JPG

IMG_1815 (resized).JPGIMG_1815 (resized).JPG

IMG_1816 (resized).JPGIMG_1816 (resized).JPG

IMG_1817 (resized).JPGIMG_1817 (resized).JPG

IMG_1818 (resized).JPGIMG_1818 (resized).JPG

IMG_1819 (resized).JPGIMG_1819 (resized).JPG

IMG_1820 (resized).JPGIMG_1820 (resized).JPG

IMG_1821 (resized).JPGIMG_1821 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

More.

IMG_1825 (resized).JPGIMG_1825 (resized).JPG

IMG_1824 (resized).JPGIMG_1824 (resized).JPG

IMG_1826 (resized).JPGIMG_1826 (resized).JPG

IMG_1827 (resized).JPGIMG_1827 (resized).JPG

IMG_1801 (resized).JPGIMG_1801 (resized).JPG

IMG_1803 (resized).JPGIMG_1803 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

More.

IMG_1808 (resized).JPGIMG_1808 (resized).JPG

IMG_1809 (resized).JPGIMG_1809 (resized).JPG

IMG_1810 (resized).JPGIMG_1810 (resized).JPG

IMG_1811 (resized).JPGIMG_1811 (resized).JPG

013 (resized).JPG013 (resized).JPG

IMG_1798 (resized).JPGIMG_1798 (resized).JPG

IMG_1799 (resized).JPGIMG_1799 (resized).JPG

IMG_1801 (resized).JPGIMG_1801 (resized).JPG

IMG_1802 (resized).JPGIMG_1802 (resized).JPG

IMG_1803 (resized).JPGIMG_1803 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

Wow, GLWS didn't think any of these were around. Really neat little machine.
-Mike

#6 6 years ago

More.

IMG_1815 (resized).JPGIMG_1815 (resized).JPG
IMG_1816 (resized).JPGIMG_1816 (resized).JPG
IMG_1814 (resized).JPGIMG_1814 (resized).JPG
IMG_1819 (resized).JPGIMG_1819 (resized).JPG
IMG_1820 (resized).JPGIMG_1820 (resized).JPG

#7 6 years ago

Bump.

#8 6 years ago

I'd be all over this if I had money

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I'd be all over this if I had money

I have money and want a few of your games

just sayin...

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just sayin...

Looks like a plan to me.....

#11 6 years ago

Man this looks cool as hell. Have never seen one in person. Glws.

#12 6 years ago

Holy crap bump. Had no idea this game even existed. Looks freakin' awesome. Guessing the playfield tilts like a Labrynth style game. How many did they make?

This one looks to be in beautiful condition also.

#13 6 years ago

10 were made. I moved one from Florida to Herb Silvers in Ca. but it was not working at the time. I really wanted to play it.

#14 6 years ago

I played Pacak's game a while back at expo. yah. um, it would make a long table if you had a joust next to it?

-c

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just sayin...

I need like 30k before I'm looking at this

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

I played Pacak's game a while back at expo. yah. um, it would make a long table if you had a joust next to it?
-c

That paticular game is now owned by a Pinside member from Los Angelos California, he is the guy who sent me the switch matrix and solenoid charts, plus, before he bought this Rat Race, I almost bought this particular Rat Race also, Mike Pacak had listed it on Ebay and it did'nt sell, I had called him after the end of the listing to negotiate a deal but afterwards (a few days later) I backed out for personal reasons.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Holy crap bump. Had no idea this game even existed. Looks freakin' awesome. Guessing the playfield tilts like a Labrynth style game. How many did they make?
This one looks to be in beautiful condition also.

Exactly....... here's a video I made a few years ago of another Rat Race I use to own.

#18 6 years ago

Arcade expo is Banning has one
Very cool

#19 6 years ago

Didnt know this existed.....very cool

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from ALJO:

Exactly....... here's a video I made a few years ago of another Rat Race I use to own.
» YouTube video

That is so cool. Are those your kids playing? They must have loved it - theyre really quick at it.

Love the sounds also. Do you play as a team, on side left-right the other top-bottom?

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That is so cool. Are those your kids playing? They must have loved it - theyre really quick at it.
Love the sounds also. Do you play as a team, on side left-right the other top-bottom?

Yes those are my kids, well, they use to be kids, now a days they are both gone living by there own (they are now 19 and 20 years old).
You play just like a regular pinball machine except when taking turns playing you don't have to swap places.
each joystick controls the tilt and tip aspect of the playfield so you don't play as a team, but you're bringing a very interresting aspect that I never thought of, each player could control a different PF move, player 1 could control the tilt motor and player 2 could control the tip motor and play as a team, I think it would be a real blast if I could do this.
You're giving me second thougts on selling this game......
I'll have to look into this.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from ALJO:

I think it would be a real blast if I could do this.

should be a 30min job to just rerout the wires.

If I were to do this. I would just put a toggle switch to allow this alternative style of play. Flip the switch and you go from competitive single play to cooperatove dual play.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

should be a 30min job to just rerout the wires.
If I were to do this. I would just put a toggle switch to allow this alternative style of play. Flip the switch and you go from competitive single play to cooperatove dual play.

What a great idea!
I'm doing it......but the switch will be loose behind the coin door so there is no drilling or damage to the game, and so that the mod can be removable at any time.

#24 6 years ago

Bump for a super cool rarity. Way more fun than Magic Girl. =)

#25 6 years ago

Way to go Hilton. Now he's gonna keep it.
20k by Memorial Day.

#26 6 years ago

Love the Firepower/Cosmic Gunfight sounds. Somebody is going to get a treasure here.

#27 6 years ago

Very cool indeed! I missed the last one by $50.00 or so on ebay.

#28 6 years ago

I just finished the "cooperative dual play" mod today, took a few hours to do but it was well worth it, it works great and you can swap game play mod any time with no damage to the game, "player 2" button is deactivated when the game is on "Cooperative Dual Play".
I decided that this mod was going to stay, so I made it non reversable.
Next mod I was thinking of was a reverse mod, a little like TSPP, some what a bigger challenge for the more experimented Rat Race players.

IMG_6229 (resized).JPGIMG_6229 (resized).JPG

IMG_6232 (resized).JPGIMG_6232 (resized).JPG

IMG_6234 (resized).JPGIMG_6234 (resized).JPG

#29 6 years ago

I had a small issue with the game but it's now solved.
Price lowered to 6000$ USD

#30 6 years ago

I forgot to mention that I'll include the Rat Race white wood prototype playfield assembly with the game.
It's a fun game but after 15 years in the hobby, I'm moving on to something else.

011 (resized).JPG011 (resized).JPG
IMG_1806 (resized).JPGIMG_1806 (resized).JPG
IMG_1805 (resized).JPGIMG_1805 (resized).JPG

#31 6 years ago

that couch is awesome

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

that couch is awesome

If you pick up I'll even include the couch....... LOL
Seriously, NY state is'nt too far away from Quebec city, I WILL seriously include the couch if you the buy the game.

#33 6 years ago

I will also include this framing of 2 Rat Race flyers with the game, and you don't have to take the couch.

IMG_6281 (resized).JPGIMG_6281 (resized).JPG

#34 6 years ago

Bump!

#35 6 years ago

6K and a trip to the land of delicious beer, + you get to pass through Montreal. C'mon 'Murica.

#36 6 years ago

If I wasn't in the middle of saving to have a place to put these things, I'd seriously possibly consider it

#37 6 years ago

Beautiful game. Saw it in person at the Ottawa Show a couple years back. Worked well, but I didnt have a chance to play it

Unfortunately my pockets arent deep enough right now. I will say its definitely unique and worth the chance to have.

GLWS

#38 6 years ago

Amazing. I watched one at banning this year. I didn't play, I was too busy on gorgar again.

I wish I could just buy games like this. Someday... Good luck seller!

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

If I wasn't in the middle of saving to have a place to put these things, I'd seriously possibly consider it

just do it! If you need to sell something to fund this, I am all ears

#40 6 years ago

And a bump!

#41 6 years ago

evening bump.

#42 6 years ago

In 6 years total owning a Rat Race including my first one, I've never played as much with it because it's the only game I have left, I sincerely did'nt think I could get much better at it but now I beat my all time score (3 000 000) plus I beat my new score of 3.5 million at 4.5 million and now the high score is 5.3 million.
I'm starting to now better undersatand the probable reason why Williams never produced this game, it gets played once or twice in an arcade and people walk away from it (I know, I've brought the game at 2 pinball shows) because it's so hard that the game seems impossible to master but after many many many games you CAN master it and the rules with the timer make it a blast to play.

I think I can compare Rat Race pretty well with TSPP in this way: I bought 2 TSPP from operators over the years, one from Columbus Ohio and the other from Ottawa, Ontario and both told me that the game does'nt earn well on location, people play a game and just walk away, it's too hard to understand and to master but after owning it quite a while, what a blast the game is once you undersatand the rules and you can master it (to a certain extent) after many many many games.
RR and TSPP are hard to master games and hard to quite unserstand what the rules are, of course TSPP rules are much deeper than RR.
There has'nt been any interrest in RR yet, not one private message, if it sells good, but if it does'nt sell that's OK too, I think I'll continue to appreciate it over the next years if it stays.
Bump!

#43 6 years ago

Un jeu très réussi et truffé de surprises.
Thanks for sharing, if my gameroom was not already full, I might buy it myself.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Un jeu très réussi et truffé de surprises.
Thanks for sharing, if my gameroom was not already full, I might buy it myself.

Oui c'est vraie, après 6 ans j'ai encore des surprises.....
Plus, add that this particular Rat Race has slower tilt/tip motors than other Rat Race games, including the one in the video I posted, which makes game play much harder than the one you see in the video.
for an unexplaned reason this game's tilt/tip mechanism is slower, my theory is that this is the first complete game Williams made (only known painted cabinet) and the designe team must of decided that it was too frustrating (and game play extremely difficult) for the player, so they designed the other games made afterwards to have faster tilt/tip motors.

#45 6 years ago

Bump!

#46 6 years ago

Bump!

#47 6 years ago

I have one too... anyone considering this at 6,000 with the proto PF and the flyers, its s great deal. Rarity is one thing. Nothing else like it. And it's fun as HELL ! Can't believe it's not sold yet...

#48 6 years ago

Thanks for chiming in PinballSTAR, having an opinion from another Rat Race owner other than the sellers opinion can surely help people realize what a great game this is.
I'd keep it also but I'm leaving the hobby, I don't know any guy that's alcoholic and says "I can stop drinking but I'll only drink one beer a day.....", same here, I want to leave the hobby so everything has to go, or else I'll surely be back in sooner or later.
Bump!

#49 6 years ago

Bump.

#50 6 years ago

Si javais largent nécessaire je l'aurais déjà acheter

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-rat-race and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.