Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by chubtoad13
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images.jpeg
pendant05-large_large (resized).jpg
20180708_153851 (resized).jpg
20180708_153840 (resized).jpg
20180708_153833 (resized).jpg
20180708_153815 (resized).jpg
20180708_153642 (resized).jpg
20180708_153619 (resized).jpg
20180708_153611 (resized).jpg
20180708_153554 (resized).jpg
20180708_153549 (resized).jpg
20180708_153519 (resized).jpg
20180708_153509 (resized).jpg
20180708_153504 (resized).jpg
20180708_153457 (resized).jpg
20180708_153443 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 months ago
Quoted from Drano:

There's been a lot of interest, but of course the border is a logistic, financial or even mental block to many would-be buyers.
We're only an hour north of Niagara Falls... could make for a fun road trip

I like to stop at the duty free shop
images.jpeg

#52 11 months ago
Quoted from brenna98:

What does it typically cost to ship a game from Canada to the US?
Last time I looked into it, it involved a shipping company and a customs agent.

I had a pin shipped in from Vancouver CA. Customs, brokerage, and shipping was $500.00. I had a pin shipped from New York to my home; Shipping was $400.00. I'm guessing it is not that much extra to cross the border.

#53 11 months ago
Quoted from Drano:

If it were Spring and I had the ability to bring this down to a show like Pinfest, things would obviously be much simpler.

Clay is running a VFW show in September...

#54 11 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

You buy it now I’ll but it from you later

It may be closer to you than you think

#55 11 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Clay is running a VFW show in September...

Oh if he were going to that I'd pay now.

#56 11 months ago

Come on TheLaw! How much longer are we gonna pretend you aren't buying this thing! Get your ass over the border and pick up one of the nicest Nine Balls on the planet!

#57 11 months ago

It's a little pricey for my poor self... But I do have Monday off work and it seems a have an enhanced license

#58 11 months ago

Anyone driving from Canada to Florida anytime soon???

#59 11 months ago

I'm tempted to try and sell my Nine Ball that needs restored and go for this one. It would sure save me some labor hours. I could drive to Canada and see what's happening up there with the laws that just went on the books

#60 11 months ago

Sure drop it off in Michigan before the border

#61 11 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm tempted to try and sell my Nine Ball that needs restored and go for this one. It would sure save me some labor hours. I could drive to Canada and see what's happening up there with the laws that just went on the books

"The laws" are postponed until Oct.

#62 11 months ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

"The laws" are postponed until Oct.

Hey, Drano, would you consider postponing your sale until November?

#63 11 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Now you're talkin'. The sale of your old game would trim the cost of your new one.
And boy! Sure would fit right into your line up now wouldn't it?

Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure drop it off in Michigan before the border

There are times where opportunities present themselves. We take them for what they are or leave ourselves with a memory of something we did not act upon but sure wish we would have.
Go for it!!

#64 11 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Hey, Drano, would you consider postponing your sale until November?

Funny enough I decided to fold up the machine and bring it to my studio at work. I can enjoy it here for a bit longer and I've made the necessary space at home. If I find a buyer who wants it shipped, I can also more easily wrap and pallet it here.

If not, I'll hold it until Spring and maybe bring it to Pinfest in Allentown.

#65 11 months ago
Quoted from Drano:

Funny enough I decided to fold up the machine and bring it to my studio at work.

Is your work in Windsor by any chance?

#66 11 months ago
Quoted from chad:

Estimates are 5 -10% of a pinball production are around 30 plus years later.

That stat can't be anywhere close to correct. Pinside owners/locations own like 5% of the games right now, lol. Based upon other games, it would seem more likely that 25% to 50% are left (but who knows where, grandma's basement probably). Most of the games I get are ones from somebody who has had the game for 15+ years or more. The real problem is that people only know where 5% to 10% of them are, the other ones are out there in the wild somewhere in someone's basement.

#67 11 months ago
Quoted from taylor34:

That stat can't be anywhere close to correct. Pinside owners/locations own like 5% of the games right now, lol. Based upon other games, it would seem more likely that 25% to 50% are left (but who knows where, grandma's basement probably). Most of the games I get are ones from somebody who has had the game for 15+ years or more. The real problem is that people only know where 5% to 10% of them are, the other ones are out there in the wild somewhere in someone's basement.

You are forgetting that a lot of games simply got thrown away or parted out, so they aren't "out there" at all anymore.

#68 11 months ago

i would expect 90s and newer games to be at 80% or higher survival.

#69 11 months ago
Quoted from Astill:

I would suspect the 90s numbers of survival to be lower. Especially since a lot were exported to places like South America.

LTG : )

#70 11 months ago
Quoted from Astill:

Only if popular. I've heard many stories of congos being parted out for there board set.

#71 11 months ago

I say - worth the asking price. The first Nine Ball I've seen for sale in a while, and it looks fantastic. I say anything under 2500 and this old is rare.

#72 11 months ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

You are forgetting that a lot of games simply got thrown away or parted out, so they aren't "out there" at all anymore.

I'm sure that's correct, but not 90% to 95% of them. I think typically pinside accounts for about 20% max on games unless they're LE's where they may be closer to 50%. So using that 20% and extrapolating, there is at least 25% of them left at a minimum, and 50% is pretty well within the realm of likelihood.

1 week later
#73 10 months ago
Quoted from Drano:

I think it was just Steve Kirk being Steve Kirk.
The guy had a weird thing with numerology in general and loved prime numbers from what I can tell. That doesn't really explain the 173K but I did once hear someone say that Steve used Nine Ball to push Stern's (then) platform to it's limit and, in effect, show it's weaknesses. People have told me the game seems incomplete as a result, but I can't figure out how.
I find the rules and various scoring opportunities pretty engaging and smart. The game seems complete to me. The fact that he also made certain shoots more attainable via a billiards-inspired bank shot than from a direct hit, is just brilliant. Spinner rubber rebound to 8-ball target and locking balls off the pop bumper are two of my favorite.
The one thing that bugs me is how (if you have two balls locked at end of game) it won't kick all of the balls out. It'll only kick out 1 and leave the other when you start a game. This was a conscious decision by stern to illicit more coin drops via the promise of an easier multiball experience. F2K is similar.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

F2k remembers locks. Every player has to earn their own. Or at least mine does.

Off topic a bit, but a bump to the top never hurts
F2K has a setting to share locks or make each player qualify their own. The balls will stay in the lock either way, until multiball or a power cycle. I’d assume nine ball works the same way.

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside