20190928_101811 (resized).jpg
20190928_101831 (resized).jpg
20190928_101853 (resized).jpg
20190928_101829 (resized).jpg
20191004_112500 (resized).jpg
20191004_112503 (resized).jpg
20191004_112508 (resized).jpg
20191004_113223 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classics_Master.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#38 4 years ago

I had a quicksilver for sale at pinball expo with no interest at all from anyone? Has a perfect cabinet and backglass, whitewood playfield which has been clearcoated, all Stern boards, super clean machine. So good luck with that one, as I’m still looking to sell mine.

78EAE770-3D37-4F16-95D8-E20F2480CE39 (resized).jpeg78EAE770-3D37-4F16-95D8-E20F2480CE39 (resized).jpeg617289D8-42C1-486A-9173-1F8467C01D2C (resized).jpeg617289D8-42C1-486A-9173-1F8467C01D2C (resized).jpeg
#41 4 years ago

I did, but do not have a PayPal account and thought pinside charged me for the ad? I’d gladly make the donation, but not sure how I’d do that without PayPal?

#44 4 years ago

Yes, but even if my machine has a professionally sanded and cleared playfield, did you see it has a perfect original backglass?? Perfect cabinet? Perfect coin door? Just put a new playfield in there and it’s the nicest quicksilver out there. I’d consider selling for $6,500, just no one asked me about it at expo, just odd.

#48 4 years ago

The machine is the way it it when I got it, if you do not like the playfield just take it out and install a new one? Maybe I should just try selling a mint condition quicksilver backglass, cabinet, coin door, all original boards, etc?... what does a new playfield cost anyway? Less than $1000 I assume?

#60 4 years ago

Okay, well it was my mistake to price the game at $8900 at Pinball Expo, but I did have a "make offer" on there starting Saturday morning as well. I just figured someone would offer around $4k for it and I'd meet them in the middle somewhere. I would've taken any reasonable offer, just surprised no one even offered anything for it?? I assumed where the cabinet was professionally re-stenciled along with a perfect backglass, coin door, original coils, boards, etc, someone would want it. The high price was pretty much like the $14,000+ priced Banzai Run in the free-play area and whatever that Krull was priced at??? So, I should've just priced the quicksilver at $6k from the start and went down from there, but no big deal. I enjoy the game enough to keep it anyways. The original backglass is perfect with no fading or paint loss whatsoever, even along bottom of the glass, which is rare. So I'll drop this conversation. Hopefully Stern will remake this title, it would be nice to see a remake. It is a very fun game to play regardless, and this one plays very fast and smooth just the way the playfield is. I'm more concerned about the game play on machines anyways.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

In general, I never offer half of what someone is asking for a game. If it's overpriced then I assume the person either a) doesn't really want to sell it or b) is fishing for a sucker or c) has no idea of the actual value of the game (but will often defend their price as if they were the master of pricing). On the rare occasion that I've offered someone half (or less) than what they're asking it wasn't met with a counteroffer. In most cases, it was met with something about my mother and being a lowballer.
My point is that I think it was unrealistic to put an $8900 price tag on a game and think that anyone might offer you $4000. When you price it too high to start with, most people will just ignore it altogether assuming there's no chance of having a reasonable discussion regarding the price.

I'm just not sure what games are worth nowadays, as it seems most all pinball machines are over priced anyways. I was just fishing for a starting price even though it was high, but is also why I put the "make offer" on there. It is what it is, I'm just use to people offering ridiculous low offers on games I guess. Take that rare Gottlieb Nudge-It I had beside Quicksilver, I lowered that to $1200 on Saturday and had a serious offer of $150, so there you go... I'm just use to low offers, why I start with a high price. If you're interested in a game it never hurts to offer something. I just told the person seriously offering $150 on Nudge-It I couldn't go that low, that was all, no big deal.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I'll give you 3k for your quicksilver. I'll send a deposit now.

Thanks, but I can not go quite that low, and have higher offers than that already. I may invest in the new playfield since they're available now and finish this game up the right way. I'm fine with the orange and black score card holder.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I dont think you can even compare pricing on your QS that had a blown out playfield and you are trying to mislead people into believing its a whitewood (prototype) to my Krull

I've been going to Pinball Expo since 1990, and I remember when Mike Pacak was selling Krull there for $5,000. I actually have a great video of that same Krull that sold there from Pinball Expo 1994, it was all original nice and worked well! Just seemed like $5,000 was way too high back then, but he sold a couple over the years there, along with a Data East King Kong and a solid-state Williams Aztec, only one I've ever seen. All I'm saying about my Quicksilver is just replace the playfield with a new one, but consider the restored cabinet, perfect backglass, perfect coin door, all original boards, etc... I put "make offer" on there, and felt $6,000 isn't out of line for such a nice game when Pinside says estimated value of Quicksilver is $5,700 anyways. As far as Krull goes, I may be wrong, but I thought I heard the Krull at pinball expo this year was like $50,000? I just heard something about that, but not for sure. That's a big difference in price, so I don't think you can compare those games. Hard to believe they sold for $5,000 back in the day at expo if they're worth that much today.

1 week later
#87 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I know, I was refering to the "whitewood" version. Laughable. Basically that game is like it doesn't even have a playfield.

Why would you say it's like it doesn't even have a playfield? lol. The playfield is completely populated with all original Stern coils and works perfectly. So you have all the wiring harness, coils, everything needed to do a playfield swap and ad new plastics if one prefers, that game would be one of the nicest examples anywhere! That Quicksilver also has a beautifully restored cabinet, a perfect coin door, perfect backglass that is absolutely flawless, and all original Stern boards, etc... A perfect original flawless backglass is nearly impossible to find as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 959.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classics_Master.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-quicksilver-2?tu=Classics_Master and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.