Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 days ago by Mcshaney
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

qs sanded (resized).jpg
78EAE770-3D37-4F16-95D8-E20F2480CE39 (resized).jpeg
617289D8-42C1-486A-9173-1F8467C01D2C (resized).jpeg
6A526565-7063-41E8-9F14-3185269F3573 (resized).jpeg
20180916_165615 (resized).jpg
20190928_101807 (resized).jpg
20190928_101237 (resized).jpg
20190928_101239 (resized).jpg
20190928_101811 (resized).jpg
20190928_101831 (resized).jpg
20190928_101853 (resized).jpg
20190928_101829 (resized).jpg
20191004_112500 (resized).jpg
20191004_112503 (resized).jpg
20191004_112508 (resized).jpg
20191004_113223 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 4,200 (OBO)

Open for offers

for sale

For sale: Quicksilver

Added: October 9th, 2019 Re-listed: 1 time (November 20th, 2019) Ended: December 24th, 2019
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Item description

Working stern quicksilver overall in nice condition $4,500cash , no trades .

Item photos

20190928_101807 (resized).jpg
20190928_101239 (resized).jpg
20190928_101237 (resized).jpg
20190928_101811 (resized).jpg
20190928_101829 (resized).jpg
20190928_101853 (resized).jpg
20190928_101831 (resized).jpg
20191004_112500 (resized).jpg
20191004_112508 (resized).jpg
20191004_112503 (resized).jpg
20191004_113223 (resized).jpg
20191004_114341 (resized).jpg
20191004_114346 (resized).jpg
20191004_114350 (resized).jpg
20191004_114700 (resized).jpg
20191004_114352 (resized).jpg
20191004_114750 (resized).jpg
20191004_114754 (resized).jpg
20191004_114747 (resized).jpg
20191004_114801 (resized).jpg
20191004_125246 (resized).jpg
20191004_114738 (resized).jpg
20191004_114731 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

New freedom , PA, US

Seller insights

These are Mcshaney's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Mcshaney's stats page

#3 4 months ago

You sir have Big Balls!

#4 4 months ago

If only I didn’t buy your stupid Fathom LOL. Really need to play one of these sometime and see what the hype is about. Probably best for my wallet I don’t I guess. GLWS!

#5 4 months ago

6K firm is an ambitious price for it's condition.
-Mike

#6 4 months ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

6K firm is an ambitious price for it's condition.
-Mike

I would agree, but what else is out there to compare it to? Sure I have a dog in this race, but damn if Stargazer could command more how couldn’t this?

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

If only I didn’t buy your stupid Fathom LOL. Really need to play one of these sometime and see what the hype is about. Probably best for my wallet I don’t I guess. GLWS!

If the rumors are true and Led Zeppelin is just a Quicksilver reskin, you'll probably get your chance, with different music and an LED screen.

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Pay for shipping both ways and borrow mine for 6 months!

#9 4 months ago

It's about condition as much as it's about hype. I'm not seeing it. If I put a price on each separately, I am at 4K, which is 2/3 of price and that is only if I had to have it.
Remember that it's only my opinion which means diddly squat in the great pinball world.
-Mike

#10 4 months ago

These recent sales have happened in the last six months or so, and I think this was the sequence:

A non-booting project with a better playfield than this one, and a horrible backglass sold for $4000 in less than an hour and multiple people waiting in line to buy it per the seller.

A fully working 9/10 original Quicksilver sold for $8000 through a Pinside post, but no ad

A non-booting project sold for $5000

Another project with poor playfield touchups, but with all the new parts (except a playfield) needed for a restore sold for $6500.

$6000 for a fully working copy that needs a new backglass and playfield doesn’t sound out of line to me. You can buy a Mirco playfield for $800 and a backglass from bgresto for $300

@gorillabiscuits You should follow the link from post 875 in the Quicksilver forum. Quicksilver has probably the best sounds of all the classic Sterns, especially the siren. Quicksilver is such a tough game that when you actually collect the siren it’s really satisfying. I’d rank the toughest early solid states as; Flash Gordon (toughest), Quicksilver (2nd) and Paragon (3rd).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome/page/18

#11 4 months ago

Overrated

20180916_165615 (resized).jpg
#13 4 months ago

I think the issue is people don't seem to understand supply and demand. The game is going to sell, it's not artificially inflated or anything. If you can find people selling these for $4000 working I am sure there would be at least 10 people in line.

#14 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

If the rumors are true and Led Zeppelin is just a Quicksilver reskin, you'll probably get your chance, with different music and an LED screen.

Who got a Led Zeppelin license? After all this time are you telling me Stern will finally put out a Zeppelin well after that ship has sailed??? I mean the remaining Beatles at least still make headlines but other than having a legendary catalog and being a perfect soundtrack to pinball, what makes Led Zeppelin relevant?

#15 4 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Who got a Led Zeppelin license? After all this time are you telling me Stern will finally put out a Zeppelin well after that ship has sailed??? I mean the remaining Beatles at least still make headlines but other than having a legendary catalog and being a perfect soundtrack to pinball, what makes Led Zeppelin relevant?

I only know that the rumors are very strong now that Zep will be a reskinned Quicksilver, like they did last year retheming an old Stern into Beatles. Huge waste of a license IMO. AEROSMITH gets a full pin, but Zep gets a rethemed 80's pin? Seems ridiculous.

#16 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

AEROSMITH gets a full pin, but Zep gets a rethemed 80's pin?

They got a rethemed 70s pin too.

rd

6A526565-7063-41E8-9F14-3185269F3573 (resized).jpeg
#17 4 months ago

Well those that know about Quicksilver retheme = check the hint on Deadpool in the background with Seawitch cabinet and a QS cabinet so yeah, I would not be surprised.

#18 4 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

They got a rethemed 70s pin too.
rd[quoted image]

But that was more of a homebrew retheme, wasn't it?

#19 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

But that was more of a homebrew retheme, wasn't it?

Yeah rotordave was the one who did it! I was going to make the joke so I’m glad the OG made it instead (that’s a pun!)

Quoted from DreamTR:

Well those that know about Quicksilver retheme = check the hint on Deadpool in the background with Seawitch cabinet and a QS cabinet so yeah, I would not be surprised.

Where’s this? Will this cause QS prices to skyrocket or drop as Seawitch seemed to drop down a bit due to the Beatles?

#20 4 months ago

Just come to Carpool Bar in Fairfax, VA and play it in the wild. For the record I don’t ever plan to sell it.

#21 4 months ago

Yeah rotordave was the one who did it! I was going to make the joke so I’m glad the OG made it instead (that’s a pun!)

Where’s this? Will this cause QS prices to skyrocket or drop as Seawitch seemed to drop down a bit due to the Beatles?

It's been in the gameplay in Deadpool on the screen for ages in the arcade he plays at.

I never saw Seawitch go down. It's 3K or so, right?

#22 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I only know that the rumors are very strong now that Zep will be a reskinned Quicksilver, like they did last year retheming an old Stern into Beatles. Huge waste of a license IMO. AEROSMITH gets a full pin, but Zep gets a rethemed 80's pin? Seems ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more

#23 3 months ago

We did a better take with QS sounds in a later broadcast/mini QS episode:
Get it from my website here: pinballdoctor.com
or here:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-classic-pinball-podcast/id1469743456
https://radiopublic.com/the-classic-pinball-podcast-WR95kj/s1!87875

Quoted from bluespin:

These recent sales have happened in the last six months or so, and I think this was the sequence:
A non-booting project with a better playfield than this one, and a horrible backglass sold for $4000 in less than an hour and multiple people waiting in line to buy it per the seller.
A fully working 9/10 original Quicksilver sold for $8000 through a Pinside post, but no ad
A non-booting project sold for $5000
Another project with poor playfield touchups, but with all the new parts (except a playfield) needed for a restore sold for $6500.
$6000 for a fully working copy that needs a new backglass and playfield doesn’t sound out of line to me. You can buy a Mirco playfield for $800 and a backglass from bgresto for $300
@gorillabiscuits You should follow the link from post 875 in the Quicksilver forum. Quicksilver has probably the best sounds of all the classic Sterns, especially the siren. Quicksilver is such a tough game that when you actually collect the siren it’s really satisfying. I’d rank the toughest early solid states as; Flash Gordon (toughest), Quicksilver (2nd) and Paragon (3rd).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome/page/18

#24 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

On the plus side you’ll get to give us daily reports on how the machine is selling on the official Zep online store.

#25 3 months ago

Actually, Seawitch prices went up when Beatles came out. Seawitch had never popped up over 2k before Beatles...now...

Seawitch and Meteor were always priced around the same. Quicksilver has shot into the stratosphere.

#26 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

On the plus side you’ll get to give us daily reports on how the machine is selling on the official Zep online store.

FFS, I had JUST forgotten aboot the daily addings to the shopping cart.

#27 3 months ago

If you're paying 6k for a beat to shit Quicksilver, I have a bridge to sell you.

#28 3 months ago
Quoted from pinlink:

If you're paying 6k for a beat to shit Quicksilver, I have a bridge to sell you.

Do you have a source for another quicksilver for sale?

#29 3 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Do you have a source for another quicksilver for sale?

mitch, you are becoming as bad as Whysnow when pumping prices of pins you own.

#30 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, I will NOW! I had no idea such a thing existed. You've unleashed the annoyance Kraken.

#31 3 months ago
Quoted from pinlink:

mitch, you are becoming as bad as Whysnow when pumping prices of pins you own.

Show me 2 other examples? Oh ya you cant. Your just a troll. The only other one that you were complaining about sold right after you started crying about price pumping.

Once again I own 50 games most of which i wont sell. By your logic I cant coment on any for sale thread if it's one of those games.

Also when did I say this was a good price? Just said they are hard to find.

#32 3 months ago

Full marks for weaponizing Whysnow's name to the point of moderation.

#33 3 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Show me 2 other examples? Oh ya you cant. Your just a troll. The only other one that you were complaining about sold right after you started crying about price pumping.
Once again I own 50 games most of which i wont sell. By your logic I cant coment on any for sale thread if it's one of those games.
Also when did I say this was a good price? Just said they are hard to find.

Yes, I don't understand why people can't see this was going to be a thing eventually. Pinball is huge now for older machines that you can't find. Every barcade has the same tired games. Finding early Sterns for tournaments that are GOOD games (Star Gazer, Seawitch, Quicksilver) have went up tremendously. Even standardized cheaper stuff like Meteor and Big Game are growing in value. You can't artificially inflate a price when if you "absolutely" need to find a QS or Star Gazer now, it's not available.

#34 3 months ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Yes, I don't understand why people can't see this was going to be a thing eventually. Pinball is huge now for older machines that you can't find. Every barcade has the same tired games. Finding early Sterns for tournaments that are GOOD games (Star Gazer, Seawitch, Quicksilver) have went up tremendously. Even standardized cheaper stuff like Meteor and Big Game are growing in value. You can't artificially inflate a price when if you "absolutely" need to find a QS or Star Gazer now, it's not available.

This affects a lot of collectors too. At league, a few of us were talking about what games we want for home use and I mentioned that I’m not looking for the classic Williams because I can play them at the local barcades or at least within an hour of my house. I’m looking for the great games, the fun underdogs that you just don’t get to play often. The increasing lack of public places to play these games only gets worse as the value keeps rising. Nobody puts out a CCC or a BBB for route and same is going for QS and SG

#35 3 months ago

I always love checking out a sales ad with tons of responses. You know it's going to be a shit show.

#36 3 months ago

I’m looking for the great games, the fun underdogs that you just don’t get to play often.

At the prices these are trading at, it's now worthwhile to just build one with the parts being available.

People used to 'build' eight ball deluxes due to demand (well, a couple old school pintailers did) - and that was for 3k-5k.

#37 3 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

At the prices these are trading at, it's now worthwhile to just build one with the parts being available.
People used to 'build' eight ball deluxes due to demand (well, a couple old school pintailers did) - and that was for 3k-5k.

I’m doing that for a Stargazer as we speak

#38 3 months ago

I had a quicksilver for sale at pinball expo with no interest at all from anyone? Has a perfect cabinet and backglass, whitewood playfield which has been clearcoated, all Stern boards, super clean machine. So good luck with that one, as I’m still looking to sell mine.

78EAE770-3D37-4F16-95D8-E20F2480CE39 (resized).jpeg617289D8-42C1-486A-9173-1F8467C01D2C (resized).jpeg
#39 3 months ago
Quoted from Classics_Master:

So good luck with that one, as I’m still looking to sell mine.

I don't see an ad in the marketplace. Have you considered posting one?

#40 3 months ago

I had a quicksilver for sale at pinball expo with no interest at all from anyone? Has a perfect cabinet and backglass, whitewood playfield which has been clearcoated, all Stern boards, super clean machine. So good luck with that one, as I’m still looking to sell mine.[quoted image][quoted image]

just wanted to point out that this is confirmed to NOT be a whitewood by someone that knows the sander. (it was a roached regular game that someone sanded the art off; as I suspected and mentioned about the spot where the top layer of plywood was sanded through also).

Sorry D but you wont be selling for your 9200 asking price and now that it is known to be sanded off art and not a whitewood then you are looking more in the 4k range is my guess

#41 3 months ago

I did, but do not have a PayPal account and thought pinside charged me for the ad? I’d gladly make the donation, but not sure how I’d do that without PayPal?

#42 3 months ago

image of sanded spot where they burned through top ply

qs sanded (resized).jpg
#43 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Once this for sale ad closes all of our comments disappear. I’ll get my licks in while I can.

You have always been big on how Stern screwed the pooch with the overpriced Beatles pin; that sales suck; and that it was a complete waste of time on Stern’s part.

And now you are telling me that Beatles sales are so crappy that Stern is going to make same mistake with LED Zep remake of Quicksilver.

This does not wash. Either Stern is happy with Beatles sales and wants a repeat. Or your rumor about Zep reskin is just some pie-eyed rumor and nothing more.

#44 3 months ago

Yes, but even if my machine has a professionally sanded and cleared playfield, did you see it has a perfect original backglass?? Perfect cabinet? Perfect coin door? Just put a new playfield in there and it’s the nicest quicksilver out there. I’d consider selling for $6,500, just no one asked me about it at expo, just odd.

#45 3 months ago

Yes, but even if my machine has a professionally sanded and cleared playfield, did you see it has a perfect original backglass?? Perfect cabinet? Perfect coin door? Just put a new playfield in there and it’s the nicest quicksilver out there. I’d consider selling for $6,500, just no one asked me about it at expo, just odd.

So, you admit to whysnow’s statement that your white wood play field is a fraud? Interesting.

This answers my question as to why anyone would clear coat a white wood and lose its pedigree.

#46 3 months ago

Would love a nice QS, but as prices have shot up, so have expectations.

$6000 mint original, or restored I get.

Condition is always king!

#47 3 months ago

I saw this at expo and didn't realize it was for sale to be honest. Looked fun, but missing all art is touch. The Quicksilver in the freeplay room this year was one of the few games in there that I played that seemed to be working well.

#48 3 months ago

The machine is the way it it when I got it, if you do not like the playfield just take it out and install a new one? Maybe I should just try selling a mint condition quicksilver backglass, cabinet, coin door, all original boards, etc?... what does a new playfield cost anyway? Less than $1000 I assume?

#49 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This does not wash. Either Stern is happy with Beatles sales and wants a repeat. Or your rumor about Zep reskin is just some pie-eyed rumor and nothing more.

I was told Led Zep (QS reskin) will be pro prices. I think Stern is fine with Beatles (keep in mind that they sell to distributors and did so w a premium price point) I think they also realize the benefit of pro pricing model on a reskin of a favorite design will make more sense and will keep the line running while generating more long term profits. Seems to me like they are also trying to take $$$ out of the market with shear volume of new games.

#50 3 months ago

The machine is the way it it when I got it, if you do not like the playfield just take it out and install a new one? Maybe I should just try selling a mint condition quicksilver backglass, cabinet, coin door, all original boards, etc?... what does a new playfield cost anyway? Less than $1000 I assume?

I think your definition of mint is different than many. The cab is nice/ not mint. The bglass appeared very nice.
You essentially have all the parts to restore and make a super nice QS. Core games sell for around 4k so that is where I see your game priced/valued.

Nice players sell for 5k (one just sold last week for that)

Very nice games sell for 6k.

Your game is going to need a new pf and 100+ hours of work to bring it up to 6k range. That is a 2k cost so your game is 4k IMHO.

IF it was a real whitewood then you are in a different buyer market and 6k-6500 could happen. However, you have a regular QS with a poorly sanded and poorly cleared pf. If it had even been professionally done then I would give it a little value.

I think anyone thinking of 6500 for your game would rather spend 6500 on a nice one with art.

Just my .2 and I would not have shared it but you are in here on someone else FS thread advertising...

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside