playfield4 (resized).jpg
playfield3 (resized).jpg
playfield2 (resized).jpg
playfield (resized).jpg
plastics8 (resized).jpg
plastics7 (resized).jpg
plastics6 (resized).jpg
plastics5 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Q*Bert's Quest

Added: 2019-03-26 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (May 3rd, 2020) • Ended: May 12th, 2020
Condition: Partially shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 3,210 (OBO)

Open for offers

**Relisting this...the only difference between now and a year ago (I've put in roughly 50 plays since) is that sometimes the soundtrack comes and goes. I think the culprit is a flaky volume pot. Otherwise, it's the same as it was last year. I just posted it to ebay for better exposure, but relisting it here as well. LOCAL TRADES WELCOME as I'm selling this to get something else. ***

This is my only pin currently and while I am a huge Q*bert fan, I'd like to trade this out for something else as I've had my fill so it's for sale.

Summary: This machine was thoroughly shopped a few months ago by a competent tech and I have $650 in new parts alone. It's a players condition game though running original boards.

Details: The backglass is a glass reproduction from bgresto.com and looks amazing as my original was quite roached like 90% of them. It waited 3+ months for the backglass, but it was well worth it and I would highly recommend bgresto to others. The flippers were gone though and while one was fully rebuilt, all received new parts/attention. The drop targets are new and of course all new rubbers were installed. All the plastics were cleaned and polished and only one is cracked. The playfield has the typical wear and is average for the title. Every single part on the solder side was looked at and cleaned, fixed, or addressed if need be. The blacks were carefully/tastefully touched up, but the other colors were left alone. The inserts are actually in decent shape so if you're up for the challenge of restoring the playfield you certainly could use this one. LED's were put in throughout and have a nice soft glow. New legs were put on as well. I'll include the receipts that I have as I'm not going to list every last part that was replaced. This game was signed by Q*bert's creator Warren Davis who was at FreePlayFlorida last November.

Known issues: The main issue, though it doesn't stop the game from being played, is that two sockets don't seem to be working and the tech who worked on it believes it is a board issue. As you can see from the pics the cab has bumps and bruises and is not meant for the CQ/HUO crowd. On the right side of the back box it appears as if a prior owner got some house paint on the edges. It may come off with a little elbow grease as I didn't bother with it.

I've made this an OBO listing as I'm certainly willing to entertain offers. A dead one was listed at $5800obo months ago before it turned into an auction and another in Europe was listed recently for $4000 non working with non-working repro boards in worse shape. If you're in Florida and have a newer Stern you'd like to move maybe we could work something out trade-wise, but selling it outright would be preferred. I would also consider classic arcade games in trade as I'm more of a vid than a pin guy.

If you need more pics or have specific questions just ask . Thanks for looking!

Item photos

backglasses2 (resized).jpg
boards (resized).jpg
boards2 (resized).jpg
boards3 (resized).jpg
boards4 (resized).jpg
boards5 (resized).jpg
boards6 (resized).jpg
bottomSide (resized).jpg
bottomSide2 (resized).jpg
bottomSide3 (resized).jpg
coinDoor (resized).jpg
leftSide (resized).jpg
leftSide2 (resized).jpg
plastics (resized).jpg
plastics2 (resized).jpg
plastics3 (resized).jpg
plastics4 (resized).jpg
plastics5 (resized).jpg
plastics6 (resized).jpg
plastics7 (resized).jpg
plastics8 (resized).jpg
playfield (resized).jpg
playfield2 (resized).jpg
playfield3 (resized).jpg
playfield4 (resized).jpg
playfield5 (resized).jpg
playfield6 (resized).jpg
receipts (resized).jpg
rightSide (resized).jpg
rightSide2 (resized).jpg
signed (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are FlynnLives's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to FlynnLives's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 3,210

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Orlando, FL, US

#2 5 years ago

looks like blacks were completely redone???

#3 5 years ago

I’m pretty in tune to the system 80 market and what they actually sell for, there’s a big difference between what people unreasonably ask, and what they actually sell for.

With that said, I looked over the pictures carefully, and I’ll offer $2000 cash on the glass. Total players condition on this one with touchups, I’m in the area from now until Sunday night if you’re interested.
If not, no worries and take care.

James

#4 5 years ago

Sweet. I have a few overpriced 4-5K arcade games I can trade you like Star Trek, Star Wars, Black Widow, and Tac-Scan.

#5 5 years ago

Hmmm this or a new Stern pro - decisions, decisions.....

#6 5 years ago

I'm in at $2200 on this one with the touchups, but no higher.

#7 5 years ago

I'm at a disadvantage as I'd need to arrange to get the game up to the Great White North but I'd be interested at the $2000 - $2500 range.

#8 5 years ago

I’ll do $2501

#9 5 years ago

The ol' Price is Right trick, eh?

#10 5 years ago

If it's gonna be an auction just put it on Ebay.
-Mike

#11 5 years ago

It'll sell for much more than 2500, even with a players condition playfield. I'd pay more than that. I doubt OP would get anything remotely close to asking price either though. Setting a more reasonable asking price would probably generate more real interest.

#12 5 years ago

Anyone know why they only made so few of these? Same thing with Joust and Defender, you'd think such popular video game titles would sell a lot of pinballs.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Anyone know why they only made so few of these? Same thing with Joust and Defender, you'd think such popular video game titles would sell a lot of pinballs.

1983 was a really bad year for pinball with the rise of video combined with the recession. Nothing in 83 was made in big quantities. Then in 84, Space Shuttle started to bring pinball back from the dead.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:It'll sell for much more than 2500, even with a players condition playfield. I'd pay more than that. I doubt OP would get anything remotely close to asking price either though. Setting a more reasonable asking price would probably generate more real interest.

You right Rob, I paid more than that for my too

97A674C6-3F76-4AAC-81AB-5BFA8D1A9766 (resized).jpeg97A674C6-3F76-4AAC-81AB-5BFA8D1A9766 (resized).jpeg
#15 5 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

It'll sell for much more than 2500, even with a players condition playfield. I'd pay more than that

I’m not so sure, condition is still everything and this one is average at best. There are always the “I’d pay that!” price group, until it’s time to pony up the cash.

I had a Rocky about two years ago, I could not give that game away for $2400, it took a long time to find a buyer.
I’ve typically seen Qbert in the 2-2500 range when listed. While it’s uncommon, it doesn’t have a lot of love in the gameplay department among the community. Rocky on the other hand, is a very fun game to play and also pretty uncommon.

I sold a Punk! That was involved in a tractor trailer crash that killed the driver (true story) for 3k, but where can you even attempt to buy that pin? Needless to say the condition was below average overall.

Food for thought.

#16 5 years ago

What was a Punk doing on a tractor trailer?

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

What was a Punk doing on a tractor trailer?

It was being shipped

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I’m not so sure, condition is still everything and this one is average at best. There are always the “I’d pay that!” price group, until it’s time to pony up the cash.
I had a Rocky about two years ago, I could not give that game away for $2400, it took a long time to find a buyer.
I’ve typically seen Qbert in the 2-2500 range when listed. While it’s uncommon, it doesn’t have a lot of love in the gameplay department among the community. Rocky on the other hand, is a very fun game to play and also pretty uncommon.
I sold a Punk! That was involved in a tractor trailer crash that killed the driver (true story) for 3k, but where can you even attempt to buy that pin? Needless to say the condition was below average overall.
Food for thought.

I know I personally would not have a problem paying 3k for this one and stand behind that (consider that an offer if no one else wants it for more). The qbert theme and unique layout really intrigue the people that that type of stuff appeals to. I like the gameplay on it actually. I had a really nice one and traded it away for some other things I really wanted. I would not have done it otherwise. Prices on Rocky are all over the place depending on condition too. I dig Rocky too but the prices on nice ones can get kind of silly, so I have a players one of those. And Punk...well we both know how mythical a beast that can be.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Rillo:

You right Rob, I paid more than that for my too [quoted image]

Nice looking game you got there Rillo!

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

I know I personally would not have a problem paying 3k for this one

and one penny (resized).jpgand one penny (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-qbert-s-quest- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.