FC81D3AD-8A17-448C-BC3A-3BD5E32BA9A0 (resized).jpeg
0C123798-69B4-45BB-9788-353186C3DB14 (resized).jpeg
A16C4F09-19B3-495F-8861-6F60C817E1D5 (resized).jpeg
3ABAA409-3CB1-425B-84D1-F9DC317945FB (resized).jpeg
93FEEC88-69BD-4F06-A5CA-83CABE338288 (resized).jpeg
CD83291A-6B06-4280-ABA5-BD14F6EE877D (resized).jpeg
B3B954BC-4919-45F2-90FE-7CF99BDF691D (resized).jpeg
4AB789E8-8380-4807-AB08-6AB789C6B667 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Q*Bert's Quest

Featured Ad

Added: 2018-10-27 21:33:11 UTC • Ended: October 28th, 2018
Condition: As is

Price

$ 200 (OBO)

Open for offers

Taking cash or trade offers. Beautiful cabinet. Minor wear on playfield. Backglass touched up but looks good. Game does not turn on at all but has clean boards.

Item photos

4AB789E8-8380-4807-AB08-6AB789C6B667 (resized).jpeg
B3B954BC-4919-45F2-90FE-7CF99BDF691D (resized).jpeg
CD83291A-6B06-4280-ABA5-BD14F6EE877D (resized).jpeg
93FEEC88-69BD-4F06-A5CA-83CABE338288 (resized).jpeg
3ABAA409-3CB1-425B-84D1-F9DC317945FB (resized).jpeg
A16C4F09-19B3-495F-8861-6F60C817E1D5 (resized).jpeg
0C123798-69B4-45BB-9788-353186C3DB14 (resized).jpeg
FC81D3AD-8A17-448C-BC3A-3BD5E32BA9A0 (resized).jpeg
9F0F756D-340B-4589-AE01-DED2A8075F47 (resized).jpeg
D69334B7-DAE7-4D1A-B669-ACEC0F1A0871 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Guidotorpedo's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Guidotorpedo's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Balt, MD, US

#2 5 years ago

Ooooh, an auction!

#3 5 years ago

Cool game, never seen one, had no idea such a beast existed. Good luck with the sale...

I suppose this is pertinent to a sale thread so I will ask. Are these any fun to play, the reversed lower flippers are actually really cool, I can imagine it being quite fun if the geometry worked.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

I suppose this is pertinent to a sale thread so I will ask. Are these any fun to play, the reversed lower flippers are actually really cool, I can imagine it being quite fun if the geometry worked.

There are some gameplay videos available. It looked interesting. I've had my eye out for one of these for a while, but they don't pop up too often. Hence the million dollar asking price, lol

But, this is going to turn into an auction, so meh.

#5 5 years ago

I'll bid $500.

#6 5 years ago

I thought this was a real fun game when I played one.
I am going to ask the wife if we can sell our home so we can buy this game.

#7 5 years ago

I'll bid one penny.
Cmon man, just put a price on it. It's silly.

#8 5 years ago

I have no idea how to price this, seriously. That is why I’m asking for serious offers.

Mike

#9 5 years ago

1000 CAD

#10 5 years ago

The obligatory 10 mil by xmas...

#11 5 years ago

That’s funny.

#13 5 years ago

If I remember correctly, there was one of these at the PATZ show a few years back. It is wacky fun with the flipper arrangement. GLWS!

#14 5 years ago

I'd offer 1500 for it us, as is.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I'd offer 1500 for it us, as is.

$2K

John

#16 5 years ago

Rare does not mean valuable. One in your condition was for sale for 2k 3 years ago marked not sold.
Another one 2 years ago was up for 4700 and it was really nice fully working, shopped nice backglass.

I'd guess yours is worth 1500 to 2800 with it not working

#17 5 years ago

Lowballers are out in force tonight. I'll bet he gets at least $3500 for it if he is not in a hurry. Just a guess though from a quick search I did.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

guess though from a quick search I did.

For a non working system 80?

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Lowballers are out in force tonight. I'll bet he gets at least $3500 for it if he is not in a hurry. Just a guess though from a quick search I did.

It's not lowballing, it's an auction apparently. If you want to make an offer go ahead. $3500 wouldn't surprise me either but were not there yet.

John

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Doesn't matter if it works or not, it wont effect the price because of what it is.
I'd pay $10K for a non working Mermaid......LOL.

John

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Doesn't matter if it works or not, it wont effect the price because of what it is.
I'd pay $10K for a non working Mermaid......LOL.
John

Well said. I get that.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

For a *very rare* non-working system 80.

It's a desirable game for Gottlieb enthusiasts, rare game enthusiasts, and video game enthusiasts.

If you know what you're doing, system 80 games aren't any more difficult to work on than other game systems.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

For a *very rare* non-working system 80.
It's a desirable game for Gottlieb enthusiasts, rare game enthusiasts, and video game enthusiasts.
If you know what you're doing, system 80 games aren't any more difficult to work on than other game systems.

And by "know what you are doing", I translate that as "know to go install a Pascal all in 1 board and be done with it". Easiest repair job I've ever done and I've worked on alot of machines. Thank god he made them.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

And by "know what you are doing", I translate that as "know to go install a Pascal all in 1 board and be done with it". Easiest repair job I've ever done and I've worked on alot of machines. Thank god he made them.

Aftermarket boards have certainly saved quite a number of games. I prefer to fix the original boards when possible. It's usually just a few bucks in parts and some troubleshooting.

#25 5 years ago

Really.

#26 5 years ago

I've played this title, it was fun for a few minutes. However, this isn't a game that's going to be bought because it's a "good" player. You're going to buy it because you want a rare game that pretty much nobody else has.

I'd also think that if you bought this game you'd like fix the existing boards rather than go with a replacement board to keep it as original as possible. If you have to get a replacement board, at least you have the option, but I'd think you'd want to fix the boards that came with it.

Pricing games like this can be difficult as there isn't a history to draw from. I guess we'll see if anyone here *really* wants to own it.

#27 5 years ago

One ounce of gold and $2000 cash

#28 5 years ago

I’m pretty sure I have an NOS backglass for the game if a future buyer is interested. I might also have a used pf. I has sent an NOS to Hutchins who cleared it and it looked sweet. Fun game in a large collection. GLWTS.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Why? The game looks lame.

#30 5 years ago

What a Frascal.

It’s not that fun to play but it is hard to find so there’s that.

#31 5 years ago

Yeah, I'll stand by what I said. It doesn't look fun to play at all.

#32 5 years ago
C8EA43FB-4452-4A81-A2A9-6AA2C68B35C3 (resized).pngC8EA43FB-4452-4A81-A2A9-6AA2C68B35C3 (resized).png
#33 5 years ago

I put a price on it based on some offers/advice. Price is not firm so OBO, but I think I’m in the right neighborhood. Or trade. Prefer to sell outright but if you knock my socks off with a trade deal, I’ll go for it.

#34 5 years ago

Jack played it a bunch at Vancouver Flip-Out. It looked interesting:

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

I put a price on it based on some offers/advice. Price is not firm so OBO, but I think I’m in the right neighborhood. Or trade. Prefer to sell outright but if you knock my socks off with a trade deal, I’ll go for it.

I think you're gonna have to get it 100% running and I still don't think you'll see over 4K. This will be interesting to watch, wish I had the money. GLWTS
-Mike

#36 5 years ago

It is a fun game. Low number game and remember 5% - 10% of total production remains after 30 years.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

It is a fun game. Low number game and remember 5% - 10% of total production remains after 30 years.

I remember being in an operator’s warehouse years ago where they had 3 that they used for parts to keep other games running then one day they were all gone, trashed! I did get the backglasses which had been off the games for years as the backboxes sat open while they picked boards & displays. So with the games gone, they sold the glasses but I had to hunt them down in that place as it was a huge three story building but I found them all!

#38 5 years ago

I have 2 that are working. A lot of sys80 games met the dump in the late 80s

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I have 2 that are working. A lot of sys80 games met the dump in the late 80s

2? Kinda unheard of to have two. Hard machine to find at a good price.
-Mike

#40 5 years ago

I only have a few gottlieb games on my list and this is one of em…. 5500 seems a little steep for a non-working game, but your right there really isn't much data to go on for pricing.
Hope this title pops up again in 6 months, when I have time to work on it.... I won't hold my breath.

Wish I was in this hobby 5 years earlier , the prices for these old ass games are getting high!

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

2? Kinda unheard of to have two. Hard machine to find at a good price.
-Mike

One original and I bought one off of a collector a few years back. Definitely a hard to find unit. Many were destroyed.

#42 5 years ago

I remember an early Super Auction In Florida...Late 80's, where there were 5 of these.
All of them were missing boards, or parts, and they offered them as a "Lot", with the pitch of Making one good game. Nobody bought, no reserve, couldnt get $50 to haul all 5 games.
I helped toss them in the Dumpster, after Backglass, and boards were pulled.....

#43 5 years ago

I sold mine for 3500 in near mint condition six or seven years ago. Not a great playing pin, still have a striker with the same flipper configuration. Definitely a rare game, also had a Bill Davis pf for it.

#44 5 years ago

I love rare games that are fun to play. This is unfortunately not one of them.

I highly suggestanyone even thinking of buyin a Qbert goes and plays for a half hour beforehand. I would be amazed if you did not get your fill in thattime. Good luck with the BS auction.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Jack played it a bunch at Vancouver Flip-Out. It looked interesting:

That was my old Q*bert.... I sold it that weekend at the Vancouver Flip Out. The new owner has installed a repro bgresto backglass in and it looks really good.

Interesting, fun game that takes few plays to get used to the flipper arrangements.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from woz:

That was my old Q*bert.... I sold it that weekend at the Vancouver Flip Out. The new owner has installed a repro bgresto backglass in and it looks really good.
Interesting, fun game that takes few plays to get used to the flipper arrangements.

here's your chance to get another...

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-qbert-s-quest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.