(Topic ID: 333386)

For sale: Pulp Fiction (Bad Mother Flipper LE)

By surfnrg

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sleazy p (resized).jpg
putin-laughing.gif
2F3FFF4E-CD7F-46DD-8D49-C06161748063 (resized).png
Screenshot_20230318_213210_Chrome (resized).jpg
64F28037-5210-49D9-AFFD-6B0362879907 (resized).png
giphy (4).gif
7ezw4u.jpg
08AADDDB-BDA5-40DF-9841-16EAAEE4F60D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230318-122759_Gallery.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Maybe he is a smart business man and thats how he ends up in Hermosa..

Maybe. And maybe being all alone at the top of shit mountain isn’t that grand.

#52 1 year ago

I'm 53 y/o and have no f'n idea what a downvote is. But I gave this one regardless. I think I've given a couple others, but I still don't know what they are but it seems to be an expression of disappointment/outrage.

This is plain uncool, man. Uncool. Two days after another pinsider agreed to donate $15,000 to a hungry children's charity for his Ghostbusters Premium, this guy pulls this out of his bag. Bad timing if nothing else.

One exemplifies the best on this website and in this hobby; the other, not so much. Not the worst thing I've seen, but it suggests little redeeming character.

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man I’m so glad the bottom fell out of crypto before NFTs managed to somehow invade pinball.
But at least with an NFT you can claim you own the URL to a jpeg.
With a trading card you presumably have a card to actually sell.
You don’t have a game to sell. You’re trying to sell a spot on a list that you’ve had for a few days for $2500.
One more person trying to cash out on what? Deciding a little faster than the next person to make the call?
If you want out just get your deposit back and let someone else have the spot.
You’re getting dog piled because this kind of move just makes the hobby worse for everyone except the super rich who can afford to be immune to patience and caring about anything but themselves.
That’s why people are mad. You can call it free market capitalism, but capitalism isn’t always good for community.
I don’t know you well, but I know you love pinball, and you’ve worked hard to share it with people. So maybe you just need to think about the community perspective more to see it.

I'd argue that it's the manufactured scarcity from the manufacturers, inflation and increased demand for certain titles that's causing the prices going up. As for this title I want the LE. I'm happy to get the LE, but if people want a preorder spot for that price, I don't want it that badly. There are several want ads for spots and there should be at least one offer to sell. I'm blaming kaneda, he stated today there were no sellers so I just figured I'd put it out there.

Nothing I'm doing is making the price go up, and nothing I'm doing is taking a spot away from anyone else.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I'd argue that it's the manufactured scarcity from the manufacturers, inflation and increased demand for certain titles that's causing the prices going up. As for this title I want the LE. I'm happy to get the LE, but if people want a preorder spot for that price, I don't want it that badly. There are several want ads for spots and there should be at least one offer to sell. I'm blaming kaneda, he stated today there were no sellers so I just figured I'd put it out there.
Nothing I'm doing is making the price go up, and nothing I'm doing is taking a spot away from anyone else.

Uh, you know what LIMITED EDITION means right? So yeah, if you bought an LE spot and are now selling it for a premium you sure as hell took a spot away from someone who could have bought it for the $1500 deposit and KEPT THE GAME.

Keep digging bro...

#55 1 year ago

Dig, dig, dig

#56 1 year ago

Tough room.. especially when the price was set so ridiculously high. Seriously you all don't know me...well one person does. There should always be buyers and sellers to create an orderly market.

And if the manufacturers really wanted to prevent this they could like exotic car manufacturers do by having a contract requiring you to keep the title for several years for certain models.

Also I buy and sell games all the time and share with the community. I charge no drop and host leagues to the public where I only ask for a small donation to cover beer and food. Any profit goes into more games and maintenance. If someone gave me my crazy price it would go right back into the community.

#57 1 year ago

Just when I thought oak island was digging to a new low, I find this thread.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Tough room.. especially when the price was set so ridiculously high. Seriously you all don't know me...well one person does. There should always be buyers and sellers to create an orderly market.
And if the manufacturers really wanted to prevent this they could like exotic car manufacturers do by having a contract requiring you to keep the title for several years for certain models.
Also I buy and sell games all the time and share with the community. I charge no drop and host leagues to the public where I only ask for a small donation to cover beer and food. Any profit goes into more games and maintenance. If someone gave me my crazy price it would go right back into the community.

Excuses, excuses. Dig, dig, dig.

Here's a thought, instead of raking some poor schlub over the coals and "putting it back into the community", how about you do the community a solid and sell your unwanted LE spot for what you paid? Or, if you truly want to keep the game then keep it and learn a lesson here.

#59 1 year ago

R U sure it’s number 4 from the reputable dealer? Not number 2

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Excuses, excuses. Dig, dig, dig.
Here's a thought, instead of raking some poor schlub over the coals and "putting it back into the community", how about you do the community a solid and sell your unwanted LE spot for what you paid? Or, if you truly want to keep the game then keep it and learn a lesson here.

It's not that complicated. If I wanted to give it up, I would have not purchased it, or I would have sold to one of the offers. Like if I buy a house and the neighborhood gets super trendy like Nashville, and I decide for the price it's at now, I'd sell and move somewhere else.

So at 1500 I want the Le. At 2500 I still want it At 4000 I don't. The topper is really cool. I want one. I got in before the hype and secured a spot. I'm not a bad guy. I've never flipped a game. Yes I considered flipping my fathom after having almost 10k tied up for over a year with no idea of when it will actually ship. I got the call shortly after my ad and took it down and still have the game. When I sell it, I'll sell for the most I can so I can roll it into something else. I do not keep track if I'm overall up or down... Guessing down.

#61 1 year ago

Tree fidy, omg

#62 1 year ago

No matter how much you want to justify your actions. This says it all.

Screenshot_20230318_213210_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230318_213210_Chrome (resized).jpg
#63 1 year ago
2F3FFF4E-CD7F-46DD-8D49-C06161748063 (resized).png2F3FFF4E-CD7F-46DD-8D49-C06161748063 (resized).png
#64 1 year ago

What’s the record for total downvotes?

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

[quoted image]

Commies all of them

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

What’s the record for total downvotes?

Immaculate Baywatch I believe.
Corrected by gambit3113 (70)

#67 1 year ago

I swear there is one out there with more downvotes, but this one is up near the top, for sure.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yall-aint-gonna-believe-this

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Commies all of them

putin-laughing.gifputin-laughing.gif
#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Immaculate Baywatch I believe.
Close to 400.

We’ve already doubled up on @wantdataeast’s downvotes, actually.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-baywatch-nearly-imamaculate

#70 1 year ago

I don't see why everyone hates Ticketmaster

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

There should always be buyers and sellers to create an orderly market.

If you got the game, played it for a month, decided it wasn’t for you, and sold it for whatever price the market would bear nobody would be giving you shit though.

What’s going on here and what creates unhealthy froth and not order is speculation.

This isn’t futures or commodity trading, we’re all just trying to play pinball.

You don’t have a game to sell. Mark Ritchie and Josh Sharpe and David Thiel aren’t profiteering assholes or a faceless company trying to screw the little guy.

Is your single sale thread going to tilt the market? Nah.

If everyone was doing this all the time would it suck? It would. Big time.

That’s what people are reacting to, they’re policing community norms.

Quoted from surfnrg:

Also I buy and sell games all the time and share with the community. I charge no drop and host leagues to the public where I only ask for a small donation to cover beer and food. Any profit goes into more games and maintenance.

This is true, and I don’t think you’re an asshole or anything because I do know you and have played your games and met your people. Just trying to explain people’s reaction since you asked. I see their side of it honestly, because it’s a rational response.

#72 1 year ago

sleazy p (resized).jpgsleazy p (resized).jpg

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you got the game, played it for a month, decided it wasn’t for you, and sold it for whatever price the market would bear nobody would be giving you shit though.
What’s going on here and what creates unhealthy froth and not order is speculation.
This isn’t futures or commodity trading, we’re all just trying to play pinball.
You don’t have a game to sell. Mark Ritchie and Josh Sharpe and David Thiel aren’t profiteering assholes or a faceless company trying to screw the little guy.
Is your single sale thread going to tilt the market? Nah.
If everyone was doing this all the time would it suck? It would. Big time.
That’s what people are reacting to, they’re policing community norms.

This is true, and I don’t think you’re an asshole or anything because I do know you and have played your games and met your people. Just trying to explain people’s reaction since you asked. I see their side of it honestly, because it’s a rational response.

Yeah .. it's just not clicking with me. I just see all of it as a free market. Pinside offers a presale category for this purpose. I'm just trying to provide the best pinball experience I can with my budget. For 1500 the topper is worth it. For 2500 I'd still keep it because I think the resale value will be better. But for 4k I'd go se and use the funds for something else fun. I don't see a difference between selling a game in possession or a presale. It's all the same. I sold games because I was worried about remakes reducing their value. It's a gamble, you have to time the market. When there's scarcity there is strategy and timing. I got burned with mm, so I sold ccc and bbb. If I luck into an opportunity I may use it. Anyway I hope we're still good. It's all for fun and I love sharing it with people.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Commies all of them

And your a clown.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

It's all for fun and I love sharing it with people.

For you it's all for money. You dont even like this style of game.

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Yeah .. it's just not clicking with me. I just see all of it as a free market.

I guess all I can say is you have 175 people (as of now) telling you they don't see it that way, and you just have to weigh your desire to play the market against your community reputation. Which one matters more is a call only you can make.

I've told more than one person on this site to go stuff themselves, but I'm about picking my battles, and I've never felt like I was swimming against the tide.

Quoted from surfnrg:

Anyway I hope we're still good. It's all for fun and I love sharing it with people.

I would never stop being cool with someone I know over something as dumb as this. Am I on the side of the 175 in this case? Yeah, I am, because I don't think the speculation and flipping is good for the hobby. Just not a fan of it in general. One sale ain't gonna ruin the world though, it's just the principle of it.

I didn't downvote you though because that feels like snake shit, I wouldn't stab someone I know like that. Rather just try and explain to you because friends try and help instead of putting people down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pulp-fiction-bad-mother-flipper-le/page/2?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.