(Topic ID: 156238)

For sale: project Tri Zone (Williams, 1979)

By danczaz

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by danczaz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: project Tri Zone (Williams, 1979)

Added: 2016-03-31 00:43:10 UTC • Ended: April 7th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Price

$ 350

Project Tri Zone..
Pros
- Game boots
- clean boards (no battery leakage)
- no broken plastics

Cons
- PF is nothing special
- boards need to be rebuilt
- player displays were not showing all digits but checked one on other machine and worked
- NO back glass

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are danczaz's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to danczaz's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Hampshire, IL, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 8 years ago

Ok got another project... This is back on the market....

Pinsider john dayhuff in Michigan has a couple of rough back glasses for sale ... So there is at least an option out there...

#5 8 years ago

I know it's a tri-zone and nobody can be bothered to price police it (ain't that sad) but....a beat up trizone project with no backglass is worth about 100 bucks. I think it's kind of a neat curiosity but those early williams digitals get no love.

#6 8 years ago

Price Bump Up for not showing love....

Now $375

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know it's a tri-zone and nobody can be bothered to price police it (ain't that sad) but....a beat up trizone project with no backglass is worth about 100 bucks. I think it's kind of a neat curiosity but those early williams digitals get no love.

Sad but true. I have owned 2 Tri Zones. Both fully shopped, new rubbers LEDS, all boards(including sound) rebuilt with new connectors and capacitors, full flipper rebuilds and decent Back glasses and cabinets.

I couldn't get 400 for either. I traded 1 and only got 325 for the other. Fun game with cool sounds.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from msjussaume:

Sad but true. I have owned 2 Tri Zones. Both fully shopped, new rubbers LEDS, all boards(including sound) rebuilt with new connectors and capacitors, full flipper rebuilds and decent Back glasses and cabinets.
I couldn't get 400 for either. I traded 1 and only got 325 for the other. Fun game with cool sounds.

You should have held out for more... I generally agree that Tri zone gets no love ... It's a good project for someone...

Dan

#9 8 years ago

Ok I calmed down from the Tri zone bashing....

Price drop

$300 firm

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Ok I calmed down from the Tri zone bashing....
Price drop
$300 firm

Can we just skip to the part where you accept a frankly generous $150 offer from someone, and then come back here close the thread and brag to everyone that you got your asking price?

#11 8 years ago

I'll trade a working wico big top for it. It's worth about that.

#12 8 years ago

I think $300 is possible with a bg. Its an ok game, but not like FP or flash

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I'll trade a working wico big top for it. It's worth about that.

That's a low blow...

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can we just skip to the part where you accept a frankly generous $150 offer from someone, and then come back here close the thread and brag to everyone that you got your asking price?

If I wasn't selling this I would be all over this!

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from out_of_order:

I think $300 is possible with a bg. Its an ok game, but not like FP or flash

A working Tri-zone is a $525 bill all day long!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

That's a low blow...

I didn't think it was an awful idea. In Illinois you should be able to get $200 for a big top, minimum. I seek them out every so often.

GLWYS

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I didn't think it was an awful idea. In Illinois you should be able to get $200 for a big top, minimum. I seek them out every so often.
GLWYS

...so you're the guy.

#18 8 years ago

Pinside is full of people that claim to have gotten all these steals and deals on machines. Half of the claims aren't even true.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from rstrunks:

Pinside is full of people that claim to have gotten all these steals and deals on machines. Half of the claims aren't even true.

I'm sure 90% of them are true.

I've gotten a free Gorgar from the basement of a church, I've gotten a free Comet on the curb at garbage night and James got a bunch of Pinball and video games from a closed down theater because one of the games had his sticker on it from a decade before.

People DO get steals and deals all the time, just not EVERY time.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

GLWYS

I know where to go if I get a Big Top!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm sure 90% of them are true.
I've gotten a free Gorgar from the basement of a church, I've gotten a free Comet on the curb at garbage night and James got a bunch of Pinball and video games from a closed down theater because one of the games had his sticker on it from a decade before.
People DO get steals and deals all the time, just not EVERY time.

Friend of mine just picked up a WMS Star Pool for free from a bowling alley that just wanted it out of their storeroom. When he got it home and opened it up, he found a bag with $85 of replacement parts with the Marco receipt. Took him only a day to clean it up and tweak it to play. Good deals do exist.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

I know where to go if I get a Big Top

HAHAHA! Keep that shit! For what it is, Big Top isn't a bad game. I understand why pinside hates their home models but it's pinball for kids.

#23 8 years ago

I bet you were the cool kid back in the day if you had one of these though!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

I bet you were the cool kid back in the day if you had one of these though!

In 1979, if you had a brand new working Tri-Zone in your house complete with a backglass, you indeed would have appeared very cool in the eyes of your peers.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In 1979, if you had a brand new working Tri-Zone in your house complete with a backglass, you indeed would have appeared very cool in the eyes of your peers.

I was talking about the big top...

#29 8 years ago

Also I would sell for $200 minus the driver board, master display and player displays.

#30 8 years ago

Bump... Last chance possibly ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-project-tri-zone-williams-1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.