Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture.JPG
image.jpg

#1 10 years ago

I will post pics tonight, but I have two working unshopped projects I need to get out of storage (yesterday basically). Going by memory only at this point, and I will have more details late tonight, but here goes-

Phantom of the Opera- Really nice playfield and backglass, cabinet has some dents and dings, but overall very presentable (most of the dents and dings are in the solid black areas). Owner said that sometimes the pops and coils wouldn't work. Havent gone through it yet, but sounds like very typical Data East crappy fuse holders or cracked solder joints.

Super Mario Brothers- Cabinet needs some love, especially in the blue. Not chunked and beat up, just lots of rubbed/flaking paint in the blue. Playfield is okay, not a lot of major wear, some wear in the pops, but nothing crazy. May have one or two transitors on the driverboard that need replaced.

I have had the SMB in storage for about 1.5 years and POTO in storage about 6 months. Both were projects that I wanted to get to, to add to my lineup, but reality of my lack of time has kicked in, and my storage unit needs to go. (Downsizing my storage to just cars and not cars and pins anymore).

Sorry for any amnesia, not trying to hide anything, but can give an update later when they are setup and in my basement. I literally am behind the 8 ball on moving storage, so I figured I would at least get the listing/general description thrown up here ASAP so that those that are interested can contact me and pick up this weekend.

Thanks, Tim

#2 10 years ago

In a public response to the PMs I have received so far.... I would be willing to sell them individually as well.

Let's say $900 for SMB and $1200 for POTO.

#3 10 years ago

Man...an honest case of wish I was closer...been looking a poto for awhile and a friends been looking for smb!

#4 10 years ago

Yea me too. Sold if you were closer. Coming to the York show?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Yea me too. Sold if you were closer. Coming to the York show?

Sorry....Not travelling any time soon unfortunately.

#6 10 years ago

Any shipping deals to nc? I'd still be interested if shipping wasn't crazy

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Any shipping deals to nc? I'd still be interested if shipping wasn't crazy

Generally shipping two pins is always a sweet deal. I know NAVL in the past has normally been like $440 for one pin for $500 for two!

#8 10 years ago

I would prefer a local sale, as these are unshopped as they sit right now. I expect them to have some issues (which is why I priced them the way I did), but nothing where it is going to be really expensive to fix. I really want the buyer to see what they are getting into first hand. For yourself and myself, these are low cost fixes (as our experience lets us fix them), but for someone not familiar with electronics/repairs, this would get expensive quickly for them. (Even board repair guys seem to charge 100 bucks to replace fuse clips, since they are going to go over the whole board anyways).

I had Jolly Park shipped from Las Vegas to here, and got a quote from Michele B. first using precision and she told me the Upper Midwest/Great Lakes was a bit more expensive than east coast/west coast shipping (since it isn't a mainline for them). JP quote was 600 to go from NV to WI....

#9 10 years ago

use frieght quote terminal to terminal.

Also for peoeple interested, Ralph only lives probably 1.5 hrs from expo...

If I did not already have a game I am transporting to expo I would offer.
DaveWTF mentioned the possibility of helping with transport to expo also so many he can help some one out with getting one to Chitown area?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

use frieght quote terminal to terminal.
Also for peoeple interested, Ralph only lives probably 1.5 hrs from expo...
If I did not already have a game I am transporting to expo I would offer.
DaveWTF mentioned the possibility of helping with transport to expo also so many he can help some one out with getting one to Chitown area?

Yeah, I am not that far from Expo, but my goal is to have them out this weekend hopefully. I guess I could always drop them off at Dave's and make him bring them to Expo It is one of those last minute deals, where I had to make a quick storage decision and am in scramble mode to get everything squared away.... I have one other machine left in storage that will be coming into the basement (not for sale), but everything pretty much has to happen tonight to get them out and my cars in...

#11 10 years ago

DaveWTF mentioned the possibility of helping with transport to expo also

Who is this man you speak of?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#12 10 years ago

Who is this man you speak of?

he is an okay guy... he has hauled a few pins with me in his car...

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

he is an okay guy... he has hauled a few pins with me in his car...

I hear he's easily distracted by dogs with puffy tails.

#14 10 years ago

Looks like this "package" is tentitively sold. I will update this post as things transpire...

#15 10 years ago

Thank god, I was tempted.

#17 10 years ago

Me too. I was tempted and it is within driving range. Wife would kill me for
even having that thought. GLWS.

#18 10 years ago

If you were closer I would buy these right now...two wish list machines I have yet to own.

#19 10 years ago

Wish I were closer. Id snag that phantom

#20 10 years ago

I wish I had money, I'd totally get that Phantom. Stupid-fast game!

#21 10 years ago

pm sent

#22 10 years ago

Holy crap, I have had a lot of interest in these. Sorry for the delays everyone. I finally got pics up for anyone that requested them- https://plus.google.com/photos/114677989241940608218/albums/5930879366504008337#photos/114677989241940608218/albums/5930879366504008337

I am answering these PMs in order they were received, but will state that I am looking to sell the pair of them before selling them individually. Like I mentioned before, I am 75% sure these are sold to the first guy that responded, but am waiting on him to take a look at the pics before moving down the list (I just got him the pics this morning). After I hear back from him, I will contact everyone that has PM'ed me with a response.

Thanks, Tim

#23 10 years ago

Best of luck bump, for a always fair and solid seller.

#24 10 years ago

First buyer had a chance to look at the pics and both games are sold. Thanks for the overwhelming interest guys...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-poto-and-smb-se-wisconsin-2k-for-the-pair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.