Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by GLSP3022
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

16 (resized).jpg
17 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
6 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
15 (resized).jpg
14 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).jpg
11 (resized).jpg
10 (resized).jpg
9 (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 1,100

for sale

For sale: Police Force

Added: May 25th, 2017 Ended: June 4th, 2017
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Item description

This is a pretty decent Police Force. Playfield is nice and has mostly new rubbers, LEDs, good plastics and ramps. Also has a new belt for the police car, new slingshot plastics, and some colored posts. The cabinet is faded but otherwise isn't too bad, worst I've noticed is a chip on the front bottom edge. Topper is intact, could use a cleaning though, and the translite is nice.

The problem with this game is the MPU board that is currently in it. When I bought the game I discovered a good amount of battery corrosion (mostly neutralized), but it mostly played fine and I just wanted to play it (love this freakin game) and deal with it later. Over time some board problems started to surface...a row of controlled lights out, a segment on the displays out, occasional sound issues. So I started to swap in/convert a System 11A board that I got from someone, but then discovered issues on THAT board. Long story short, after working on that board and 3 other System 11 boards in a Rollergames, Space Shuttle, and Diner this week, I am just freaking tired of working on System 11 boards and have decided to just put this game up for sale with the original board, problems and all, for someone else to work on. Maybe you enjoy board repair, or having them gone over by some of the experts that offer repair services (Clive, Chris H, etc.). I just want the game out of here at this point as I have to start packing games up to move in a month and I would rather move less and pick up another Police Force when I get the itch again later. I don't want to spend another minute on that board and figure it will probably be more appealing to most here to sell it for less needing a little work.

Will add more pictures shortly.

Item photos

1 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Lutz, FL, US

Seller insights

These are ReplayRyan's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ReplayRyan's stats page

#2 1 year ago

Pics...

7 (resized).jpg

9 (resized).jpg

10 (resized).jpg

#3 1 year ago

More pics...note the chipped Columbian Cocaine Cartel plastic.

11 (resized).jpg

13 (resized).jpg

14 (resized).jpg

15 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg

6 (resized).jpg

#4 1 year ago

More pics...faded cab but not a lot of marks on it.

3 (resized).jpg

4 (resized).jpg

5 (resized).jpg

#7 1 year ago

Here are some pics of the board(s)...

17 (resized).jpg

16 (resized).jpg

#8 1 year ago

Dropped the price a little bit.

To answer a common question: yes, I am sure this board can be repaired. I would start by pulling most of the PIAs, cleaning the board and putting in sockets. Then go over it thoroughly looking for any bad or questionable solder points or traces. Not terribly difficult just time consuming.

If you are interested in this game but would rather have a replacement board in it (pricey but I wouldn't blame you) I am happy to buy back the existing board to help recoup some costs. I can fix the board myself later, just don't have time for it right now.

#9 1 year ago

One of the System 11's I haven't owned yet. Maybe someday. GLWS bump...

#10 1 year ago

Tempting, but just a bit far for a drive right now.
Very cool game! A forgotten about sys 11.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside