Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_3088-X5 (resized).jpeg
    DSC_3083 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 9.20.33 PM (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

In all the for sale ads, people take pics of the playfield with the game on. The insert lights and GI lights totally wash out the picture (the lights are nice and bright but the playfield is barely visible) and I can't ever see the condition of the playfield. Does anyone else think for sale pics should be with the game off, so that we can clearly see the condition of the playfield?

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 9.20.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-08-22 at 9.20.33 PM (resized).png
    #2 1 year ago

I disagree
    If the game is off, I wonder "why"?
    does the game not work? What is wrong with the game?

Yes colored LEDs can make a game look bad, I say that they should take better pictures

#3 1 year ago

Pics with game on, glass off

#4 1 year ago

I don't know bro, maybe ask the seller for the pics you want?

#5 1 year ago

More pictures the better. Lights on, off. Glass on, off. Inside and out.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

More pictures the better. Lights on, off. Glass on, off. Inside and out.

Why in the hell would you want pictures either on or off, Chuckwurt is dead spot on, with lights on you can't see any details of the PF and the glass on is a totally useless picture unless you're looking for glass scratches, I would never buy a machine from the lazy ass that only takes picts thru the glass, that means they are totally lazy or totally hiding the condition.

#7 1 year ago

Why not both?

I always take a few with game on, and a few with off. Obviously with the glass off.

Seems pretty simple.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seems pretty simple.

Well sure, if you're actually trying to sell a machine the more pics the better. But come on, everyone knows what they got in 2022 and if it doesn't sell they'll just keep it; they don't need to sell it.

#9 1 year ago

Agree with both game on and off (always glass off) but also with supplying any pics/vids as requested by potential buyer. I show lights on to give buyer confidence game boots and display works. Displays are hard to get in a pic but I’ll have vids available of lamp and display tests. Off to show PF but i’ll focus on showing notable areas of wear like ball drops etc. Obviously more relevant to older games. I don’t think you need to upload a full library of pics on a fs ad. Show an appropriate amount to give a proper representation and be prepared to offer whatever is requested from a prospective buyer.

In my early days of collecting i bought a game off a Pinphila who i was meeting in Allentown. First game i was buying remote (tho was picking up eventually). A very nice OG BK. I received over 100 pics, showing anything that he, unsolicitedly) perceived as a flaw. When i got the game my expectations were exceeded as most smudges on the cab wiped off with a rag, or was a smaller issue than the closeup pic indicated. So i decided from this experience what kind of seller i wanted to be.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why not both?
    I always take a few with game on, and a few with off. Obviously with the glass off.
    Seems pretty simple.

I don’t know. The cost of extra pictures could be a ton. You’ve got to schedule time for the photographer and a few grips to move the lights around to capture best angles of the pinball machine. By the time you get the prints back from developing and sort through them, it wouldn’t be worth it. Especially when you add the time to get your newly developed shots scanned into the computer to get them posted on time.

I think a painting on canvas or preferably velvet would be a better approach.

#11 1 year ago

Can we close this thread now? I think we’ve covered all the bases

#12 1 year ago

chasing the wrong problem here...

The issue is not game on/off.. it's dummies taking photos IN THE DARK. You need a lot of ambient light to make the game details clear in a photo. Spot lights and angle to not get glare.

DSC_3083 (resized).jpgDSC_3083 (resized).jpg

Use game on lighting to reveal how the game has been tailored
    DSC_3088-X5 (resized).jpegDSC_3088-X5 (resized).jpeg

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

... it's dummies taking photos IN THE DARK. You need a lot of ambient light...

If these dummies had any ambient light Pukestadiums wouldn't exist.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-playfield-pics-should-be-with-the-game-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.