Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by tomdrum
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2ED349EE-61AF-4E17-9E99-545D2A75529F (resized).jpeg
81F45DB1-1932-4A8B-8CFA-D0FE341F99A7 (resized).jpeg
9431B8EC-73F5-4C1F-917F-245B02FFF369 (resized).jpeg
871413F7-9139-4264-89C1-729AB875031F (resized).jpeg
C53D8E84-9AB6-4DD3-B5DD-33969565E43E (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

for sale

For sale: Playboy

Added: September 7th, 2020 Ended: October 22nd, 2020
Condition: Partially shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 1,950

Item description

clean working playboy

updated boards , everthing working correctly

game was recently cleaned up. back glass is excellent

above average condition Ill post pics today

Item photos

2ED349EE-61AF-4E17-9E99-545D2A75529F (resized).jpeg
81F45DB1-1932-4A8B-8CFA-D0FE341F99A7 (resized).jpeg
871413F7-9139-4264-89C1-729AB875031F (resized).jpeg
9431B8EC-73F5-4C1F-917F-245B02FFF369 (resized).jpeg
C53D8E84-9AB6-4DD3-B5DD-33969565E43E (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

New York, NY, US

Location not recognised by our GeoCoder. Please double check the city name and state. If the problem persists, please contact us.

Seller insights

These are Gwaxt72's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

97.0%

Go to Gwaxt72's stats page

#2 4 months ago

This guy will burn you, working but not one picture of it turned on?

Either trade me back or pay for the board

#3 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

I don't think this is the case at all.

#4 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I don't think this is the case at all.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-baller88-

It’s the same guy he uses 2 accounts when he does a shitty deal he switches accounts

#5 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-baller88-
It’s the same guy he uses 2 accounts when he does a shitty deal he switches accounts

Wow, i see now.

So is this just a scam?

#6 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Wow, i see now.
So is this just a scam?

I wouldn’t use the word scam but an unethical seller.

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

I wouldn’t use the word scam but an unethical seller.

Good to know. Thanks

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

So much for getting over it.

#9 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

It's a pinball machine! Get over it and move on. I bought plenty from him and got what I paid for!

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from sagejr:

It's a pinball machine! Get over it and move on. I bought plenty from him and got what I paid for!

That’s great for you but I didn’t. So that makes it ok? Now he’s swapping accounts. Time to pull the wool off your eyes man.

#11 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

That’s great for you but I didn’t. So that makes it ok? Now he’s swapping accounts. Time to pull the wool off your eyes man.

I read your scathing review of Gwaxxeexgrtt on his profile page.

I also read about 30 positive ones. Yours being the only negative one.

Is it possible you both are to blame? Maybe you weren't as diligent as you should've been? Maybe he wasn't as forth coming as he should've been?

Time to let it go man.

#12 4 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I read your scathing review of Gwaxxeexgrtt on his profile page.
I also read about 30 positive ones. Yours being the only negative one.
Is it possible you both are to blame? Maybe you weren't as diligent as you should've been? Maybe he wasn't as forth coming as he should've been?
Time to let it go man.

Judging by the amount of pms I’ve gotten I’m not the only one. Yes I am partially my fault for trusting a member here and taking someone’s word. But should show how trust worthy he is. I’ve said I’d be fine letting it go, but everything that was advertised has been false.

Once again I’ll reiterate, it’s crazy that you trust a member here (which I’ve done a bunch of times. ) get burned and it’s essentially victim shaming. I have no clue why. Maybe some of you have deeper pockets and maybe take a look at what this is essentially costing me. That’s the real issue here.

#13 4 months ago

Well you wrote him up good, so buyer beware at this point.

#14 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

Judging by the amount of pms I’ve gotten I’m not the only one. Yes I am partially my fault for trusting a member here and taking someone’s word. But should show how trust worthy he is. I’ve said I’d be fine letting it go, but everything that was advertised has been false.
Once again I’ll reiterate, it’s crazy that you trust a member here (which I’ve done a bunch of times. ) get burned and it’s essentially victim shaming. I have no clue why. Maybe some of you have deeper pockets and maybe take a look at what this is essentially costing me. That’s the real issue here.

The problem here is that you said at the end of that previous buyer beware rant thread you created that life was short and that you would move on. However, you took the extra time to bomb the discussion boards for each of gwaxts last 3 posts. Which is it? Life it too short or you have nothing better to do?

#15 4 months ago
Quoted from sagejr:

The problem here is that you said at the end of that previous buyer beware rant thread you created that life was short and that you would move on. However, you took the extra time to bomb the discussion boards for each of gwaxts last 3 posts. Which is it? Life it too short or you have nothing better to do?

I would ask you the same thing, but when you fuck me outta money it’s really tough to see a scum bag selling again. Especially when you flop back to another username. Just my 2 cents. My question to you is, you have seemed to made this a personal matter with me? Why does it bother you that I’m posting on his for sale thread?

#16 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

I would ask you the same thing, but when you fuck me outta money it’s really tough to see a scum bag selling again. Especially when you flop back to another username. Just my 2 cents. My question to you is, you have seemed to made this a personal matter with me? Why does it bother you that I’m posting on his for sale thread?

No it's not personal. It's simple dollars and cents. After all said and done, how much money will you have into the game? Looks to me like the pinside value on this game is better than 3K. Even after your investment in parts and repair I'd find it hard to believe that you wouldn't at least break even or even make a few bucks if you sell it but just my 2 cents. If I'm right, you're dragging this is out far too long. But hey, I guess it's none of my business. I just can't help but read the instigating, dissuading and manipulating posts that you keep putting out.

#17 4 months ago
Quoted from sagejr:

No it's not personal. It's simple dollars and cents. After all said and done, how much money will you have into the game? Looks to me like the pinside value on this game is better than 3K. Even after your investment in parts and repair I'd find it hard to believe that you wouldn't at least break even or even make a few bucks if you sell it but just my 2 cents. If I'm right, you're dragging this is out far too long. But hey, I guess it's none of my business. I just can't help but read the instigating, dissuading and manipulating posts that you keep putting out.

Not a problem just trying to figure out the root. I would say about 1k if you want to consider what it would take someone that has no technical skill. Hell the driver board was close to $250 in parts. ( taking time away from my family is $). My main issue is I was 100% transparent in the deal. He wasn’t and if he was I wouldn’t have done the deal. Game I traded was worth around 2500, he offered this game to multiple people at 1800 and they all turned it down. He played this game as it worked. This game looks as if it sat outside for months and never worked. Integrity means a lot and why shouldn’t a man that has zero integrity be put on blast?

He said he would make the deal right but never did, he proceeded to block my number after I could smell his run around game. He was playing a cowards game.

I’ll never break even on this deal, this game will be a players condition at best, even with my work. I offered trade backs and even splitting repairs nothing in response. He knows what he did. So is it a mission of mine to try and chip away at sales until I have achieved retribution? Of course! Even if it doesn’t it will be out there. There’s some stigma here about negative feedback and I can attest to this by the Pms I have gotten and the comments in the thread. If this bothers you than ok! I have no issues upsetting people on line to make this deal “whole”. I’m not rich by any means and work my balls off to afford this hobby and have spent countless hours on the road and doing repairs. Maybe try putting yourself in my shoes?

#18 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

Maybe try putting yourself in my shoes?

My final response to you in this thread is this. I have been in your shoes. I have a wife, 3 kids, a dog, 2 cats, am hard working,struggle to pay bills, have also been on the short end of the stick before...yada yada yada. But, I learned from my experiences and learned how to become a decent pinball tech too. I licked my wounds and moved on. So should you.

#19 4 months ago

I appreciate being alerted to a potential bad seller.

#20 4 months ago

I bought games from Baller/Gwaxt before and he's always given me a square deal. In fact, he has also been very pleasant on the phone, on text, and in person. I've also gone there and not bought anything after I've inspected a game. There was no pressure to buy.

In general, when ever I buy a game I always expect to find a surprise. I'll swear a few times but ultimately fix it, play the game, and move on. I also never contact the seller with complaints. If I miss something that's on me. Sure it sucks when it happens, but you win some and you lose some. I hope you get your game working and find some peace.

#21 4 months ago

Sounds like shady seller for sure!!!!

#22 4 months ago
Quoted from WIZ:

Sounds like shady!!

Kinda like your profile?

#23 4 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Kinda like your profile?

Your Avatar says a lot about you.......

2 weeks later
#24 3 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Kinda like your profile?

You love following everything I post about this guy, what is it? Pm me to discuss for a guy that doesn’t “know” him you have sure made a lot an effort here. Please save the “no one will want to deal with me after the stink I’ve raised, could careless people that don’t want to deal with me after this are the point I’ve wanted to avoid in the first place. So glad I didn’t sell that grand lizard I had to you...

#25 3 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

You love following everything I post about this guy, what is it? Pm me to discuss for a guy that doesn’t “know” him you have sure made a lot an effort here. Please save the “no one will want to deal with me after the stink I’ve raised, could careless people that don’t want to deal with me after this are the point I’ve wanted to avoid in the first place. So glad I didn’t sell that grand lizard I had to you...

Now now, he'll cry and have a moderator put you in the corner......

#26 3 months ago

“Wiz”. Haha. Kinda obvious you are one in the same as baby hockymutt.

You two morons (or should I say “you moron” )don’t know when to quit. This thread is 2 weeks old.

To any sellers out there: Don’t sell to hockey mutt. Period. What a joke. There should be a thread calling YOU out hockeymutt for being an annoying buyer. You need a damn “how to” when buying you’re so dumb.

#27 3 months ago

Oh snap, you got served

#28 3 months ago

someone else just wrote a negative review today, looks like Hockeymutt isn't the only one getting shafted

#29 3 months ago

So like, is this still for sale?

#30 3 months ago

Oh I just realized I bought something from this guy before. Deal didn't go as smoothly as it should have. Shipping ended up being 3x what he quoted me, game was rougher than stated, but overall it was fine. I got the game cleaned up and fixed up, and its nice now. I'd rate my experience 6/10. Now that I know what to expect, I probably would still buy from again.

#31 3 months ago

It appears that Gwaxt/Baller/NY Flipper is nothing more than a guy you want to deal with in person. His ability to describe non in person sales are questionable. Not everyone has the best communication skills when it comes to this shit. You HAVE to go see a machine in person to make sure it is what it is. The best part is if it is not up to par or description, you have the opportunity to walk away. Especially when you know damn well you are buying a project. I have done 12 hours round trip only to walk away empty handed. It happens. It's just too easy to embellish condition on a pack it up and ship it sale.

Best part is most of the time when I do road trips like this, the wife tags along and we make a day trip or an overnight out of it. Nothing better than a overnighter at a decent hotel, pool/hot tub, hit a local restaurant or craft brewery and it becomes nothing lost.

#32 3 months ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

It appears that Gwaxt/Baller/NY Flipper is nothing more than a guy you want to deal with in person. His ability to describe non in person sales are questionable. Not everyone has the best communication skills when it comes to this shit. You HAVE to go see a machine in person to make sure it is what it is. The best part is if it is not up to par or description, you have the opportunity to walk away. Especially when you know damn well you are buying a project. I have done 12 hours round trip only to walk away empty handed. It happens. It's just too easy to embellish condition on a pack it up and ship it sale.
Best part is most of the time when I do road trips like this, the wife tags along and we make a day trip or an overnight out of it. Nothing better than a overnighter at a decent hotel, pool/hot tub, hit a local restaurant or craft brewery and it becomes nothing lost.

I ain't driving to NY to look at a $2500 getaway lol but i get your point. Theres always a risk buying something you haven't seen in person.

#33 3 months ago

I'm amazed this seller would list this game as a forum topic.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside