Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0508201958_HDR.jpg
0508201956_HDR.jpg
0508201954.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Pirates of the Caribbean SE HUO

Added: 2020-05-06 23:26:27 UTC • Ended: May 16th, 2020
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

4 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 9,500 (Firm)

Price is firm

Item description

Cash on the glass only. Local sale only. No trades, we have all we want.

Not in need of space, so no hurry. I just know we are done with this game, and while we enjoyed it a lot for a long time, we no longer play it.

Best guess is the game has around 2000 plays, you can check that when you view the game and try it out.

The game does have 1 very minor issue: The P in the outlane does not register about 20% of the time.

I am not able to make any pictures at the moment, but if the game is still available in a few days I will get my girlfriend to make some pictures when she gets back in town.

Item photos

0508201954.jpg
0508201956_HDR.jpg
0508201958_HDR.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are JohnnyPinball007's market stats.

bronze Seller

JohnnyPinball007 has Pinside Bronze seller status!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to JohnnyPinball007's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Mableton, GA, US

#2 3 years ago

Going, going, gone

#3 3 years ago

I wouldn't sell mine for $10k. Anyone who wants a JJP Pirates, jump on this and save yourself $2,500+ over the LE. It's basically all cosmetic differences and as far as gameplay, you only miss out on the constellations which people don't understand anyway. Even the game designer Eric in his own live stream last night on his own game couldn't figure out which constellation was currently lit when he tried. For $130 I just got the full backboard twinkling galaxy starmap mod. The constellation shot still shows on the playfield on the SE for game play and I've got a full backboard of twinkling lights now to look at instead of just a small square.

#4 3 years ago

I actually lowered it to 9500.00 while my girlfriend was making some pictures.

We have been playing Golden Tee now for months, and no pinball, and when I uncovered the machine for the pics I remembered how awesome it was, and I may just keep it.

And I will keep it before I would take one penny less than 9500.00.

There is another bonus, I did pay 100.00 for the big ass printed owners manual, and the buyer gets that also.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

We have been playing Golden Tee now for months, and no pinball, and when I uncovered the machine for the pics I remembered how awesome it was, and I may just keep it.
There is another bonus, I did pay 100.00 for the big ass printed owners manual, and the buyer gets that also.

Keep it. There aren't going to be any more JJP Pirates rolling off the line anytime soon, if ever. It has another code update coming anytime now and if you want to replace it later after you sold it, you're going to have to pay a premium to get one back.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Keep it. There aren't going to be any more JJP Pirates rolling off the line anytime soon, if ever.

I do not think there will ever be anymore.

We played it for a very long time, enjoyed every minute of it, but now we are into other things.

I know how things change all the time, and someday I may pay a lot more to get one back.

#7 3 years ago

I wish you would take trades. I would love to have that game. Glwts

#8 3 years ago

Good price! Glad you’re not closer or I’d have one pissed off wife.

#9 3 years ago

Man, zoom in on those sling posts. Makes me wonder what else has/will happen with the clear.

#10 3 years ago

I gave it the fingernail test before I ever played it. It was fine, and has never had any issues.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Man, zoom in on those sling posts. Makes me wonder what else has/will happen with the clear.

Easy, permanent fix using Yelobird method.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Wow. See it now.

#13 3 years ago

Is this still available?

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Keep it. There aren't going to be any more JJP Pirates rolling off the line anytime soon, if ever. It has another code update coming anytime now and if you want to replace it later after you sold it, you're going to have to pay a premium to get one back.

I agree. Keep it. There aren't any new POTCs coming out soon. Go ahead and downvote me whysnow!

#15 3 years ago

Man I would jump on this if at ALL possible, one of the very few I've seen fairly priced. I'd keep it if I were you - you're going to miss it!

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Is this still available?

amazingly... yes...
despite every single owner telling you it is a steal.

Palmer may be looking to buy another?

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

amazingly... yes...
despite every single owner telling you it is a steal.
Palmer may be looking to buy another?

The price is fair, but the playfield is probably why it hasn't sold. I personally think the SEs are fine on pirates. Star field is confusing, spinning dude doesn't make any sense and the all white gi look good on SE.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Is this still available?

Yes, still available. I have had 15 offers to ship the game, some offering more than the asking price for my trouble. No local buyer yet, and that is what I am waiting for.

This game is in a walkout basement, but super heavy, and I need a local buyer that can bring a helper, or a dolly or something to get it out. I will help.

Also looking for cash on the glass, and that is not possible with a sale that is not local.

Thanks!
Johnny

#19 3 years ago

LOL,

I love the analysis on this game in these sale threads. The Op stated why the game has not sold in 15 minutes. It is a 9 plus K game for sale, they do not sell easy. I for one hate shipping myself and this game is a mother to move.

The "pooling" around the posts is very minor and can be fixed. There are instructions on pinside on how to do it. If that is not desirable, a tiny pit of mylar will keep the clear down. Too thick clear with post pressure applied too soon is my thoughts.

The SE versus LE thing is also kinda interesting. The Star field is the coolest difference, but a mod can be bought that replaces (100 bucks), Shaker is nice feature on this game (140 bucks), if invisible glass is a must (not for me but my game had it installed NIB, 300 bucks), The mountain plastic is nice and I think one of the mod companies has a mod out there. The rest of the differences are a wash. I much prefer the white GI lighting for visibility , the brushed stainless is extremely nice and I prefer over the LE trim, the spinning guy (who cares) and the topper is real cheap on the LE and can also be replaced if you must have toppers. So when the difference was 1K tween the two, I could see the argument of LE versus SE, but, one was still paying for some mods at a discount. Now that the difference is what 3 to ???K, ya gotta be kidding me. It is the same game! Put a shaker in and when playing the only other real difference is the GI lighting by the flippers and these old eyes take the white versus color any day.

Good luck to the seller. I hope you find your local buyer , who also has strong friends .

#20 3 years ago

I can see lifting around posts. JJP will give you a new unpopulated playfield. Put it in the with the sale and it will sell.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I can see lifting around posts. JJP will give you a new unpopulated playfield. Put it in the with the sale and it will sell.

That's not a bad idea. After the sale, jjp tends to turn their nose up at people who are not the original owners for things like this.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I'm with ya on the Golden Tee kick. I've been playing my GT far more lately then games played on all of my pins combined. It looks like I've played 150 games since January and 18 holes probably takes at least 3x as long as a typical game of pinball. For less then half the cost of new high end pin I'm enjoying it just as much.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

After the sale, jjp tends to turn their nose up at people who are not the original owners for things like this.

IF, there ever is a problem, which I highly doubt, JJP does not know the sound of my voice. I would help the buyer with JJP.

When you actually are looking at the machine with the naked eye, the "pooling" is barely noticeable. It for sure has never affected gameplay, and after around 2000 plays has never chipped, and I doubt it would chip after 20,000 plays.

And anyone that has purchased Sterns I have sold in the past(GB, AC/DC, IMDN), if you ever have a problem let me know, I will help you with Stern also.

#25 3 years ago

You won’t be disappointed, great game and seller.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

LOL,
I love the analysis on this game in these sale threads. The Op stated why the game has not sold in 15 minutes. It is a 9 plus K game for sale, they do not sell easy. I for one hate shipping myself and this game is a mother to move.
The "pooling" around the posts is very minor and can be fixed. There are instructions on pinside on how to do it. If that is not desirable, a tiny pit of mylar will keep the clear down. Too thick clear with post pressure applied too soon is my thoughts.
The SE versus LE thing is also kinda interesting. The Star field is the coolest difference, but a mod can be bought that replaces (100 bucks), Shaker is nice feature on this game (140 bucks), if invisible glass is a must (not for me but my game had it installed NIB, 300 bucks), The mountain plastic is nice and I think one of the mod companies has a mod out there. The rest of the differences are a wash. I much prefer the white GI lighting for visibility , the brushed stainless is extremely nice and I prefer over the LE trim, the spinning guy (who cares) and the topper is real cheap on the LE and can also be replaced if you must have toppers. So when the difference was 1K tween the two, I could see the argument of LE versus SE, but, one was still paying for some mods at a discount. Now that the difference is what 3 to ???K, ya gotta be kidding me. It is the same game! Put a shaker in and when playing the only other real difference is the GI lighting by the flippers and these old eyes take the white versus color any day.
Good luck to the seller. I hope you find your local buyer , who also has strong friends .

The nice thing about JJP games is the game play is consistent across all 3 versions. Paying the additional $1000 for the LE upgrade is strictly personal. For myself I would put the star field pretty far down the list of "nice to haves"

1.RGB lighting
2. Invisiglass
3. shaker
4. external headphone/volume controller
5. Powder coating (dark just looks better on this game)
6. Spinning pop bumpers
7. StarField
8. Topper (worst topper on the planet)

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The nice thing about JJP games is the game play is consistent across all 3 versions. Paying the additional $1000 for the LE upgrade is strictly personal. For myself I would put the star field pretty far down the list of "nice to haves"
1.RGB lighting
2. Invisiglass
3. shaker
6. Spinning pop bumpers
7. StarField

If the LE is going for $12-12.5 or more, this looks like a pretty good deal at $9500. The pooling is nothing and easily fixed. I don’t believe any potc is immune to it.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

1.RGB lighting
2. Invisiglass
3. shaker
6. Spinning pop bumpers
7. StarField

Except that it's no longer $1,000 to get a Pirates LE, it's more like $2500 now. Oh and Rob Zombie would like to have a word with you about #8.

#29 3 years ago

I May be in the minority, but I prefer the look of the stainless trim over the black. To me it reminds me of the older Bally/Williams era.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Except that it's no longer $1,000 to get a Pirates LE, it's more like $2500 now. Oh and Rob Zombie would like to have a word with you about #8.

True....I obviously wasn't considering the secondary market .... The topper on POTC LE is absolutely terrible....

#31 3 years ago

For $1k more at list price the extra's in the LE are a pretty good value. If there's one thing that bugs me about the LE it's the low quality powder coated armor. The powder coat on WOZ ECLE, and Hobbit LE / Smaug are much higher quality. Even Dialed In LE has a better powder coat and it's just the basic baked on non metallic look. Pirates LE for some reason has a thin layer of what comes across as BBQ spray paint as a powder coat that scratches easily. The black powder coat on Wonka SE looks and holds up better.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For $1k more at list price the extra's in the LE are a pretty good value. If there's one thing that bugs me about the LE it's the low quality powder coated armor. The powder coat on WOZ ECLE, and Hobbit LE / Smaug are much higher quality. Even Dialed In LE has a better powder coat and it's just the basic baked on non metallic look. Pirates LE for some reason has a thin layer of what comes across as BBQ spray paint as a powder coat that scratches easily. The black powder coat on Wonka SE looks and holds up better.

yea I can see why one would feel that way...I was never a big fan of the armor (looks cheap to me)....they would have been better off using the same armor they used on my Hobbit Smaug .... its awesome

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

1.RGB lighting
2. Invisiglass
3. shaker
6. Spinning pop bumpers
7. StarField

Well we agree on two of the top 3 . I thought the RGB lighting would be something I would want on the game. I actually talked to JJP about modding the SE to get the effect. But after playing several LE’s , I feel it is too dark by the flippers with the colored lighting versus the SE white. So for me , the white actually works better.

I guess my thoughts are one buys the base game and then decides to mod. There are very few games , I invest 1K in mods into besides color dmd/ pinsound. If I didn’t get the invisi glass in the package I would not pay 300 bucks for it. I have spent money on the shaker and the star field. I would not buy the rest even if on sale. Just me tho. No offense to those who spent the extra money for the LE

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

after playing several LE’s , I feel it is too dark by the flippers with the colored lighting versus the SE white. So for me , the white actually works better.

If it was reversed and the LE came with RGB inserts and brighter GI, and the SE had only RGB for both, the LE owners would be touting the LE is better for having the best of both.

RGB GI is the only true distinction. Truth is, either/or. No better, no worse. But LE owners cling to it.

#35 3 years ago

Sale Pending, with a local buyer, and I have first dibs getting it back down the road.

THIS is what I wanted. NO, I did not want to ship the game wherever and never meet the buyer in person or any of that.

I think I am done with it, we have just been hooked bad on Golden Tee for a while now, but if someday I wake up and say DAMN, why did I let this game leave here, I will be able to call the dude, and be like hey, you getting tired of it yet, maybe want to sell it back to me for a 1k profit.

I have sold some games in the last few years, and this game is the only one I have told a buyer that I have first dibs, and I will pay a profit for. (pooling be damned, I bet this playfield never chips).

And I am saying this to the buyer to remind me to give him the big ass printed manual I had also purchased, and my notes and cheat sheets I made while playing the game. I am sure he will smile reading my notes while trying the game.

(and I like doing notes and stuff to help with whatever, and POTC was awesome with that, and now Golden Tee has my attention).

And, at the same time, POTC is awesome, needs to be played, so time for someone else to enjoy it, with me first dibs again.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-se-hou?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.