(Topic ID: 232792)

For sale: Pirates of the Caribbean (Limited Edition)

By FightNightFZ

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by musketd
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B9E81A26-D7D9-462B-B71D-0960D03F8CB5 (resized).jpeg
1C584CDA-0951-446A-B9EB-22B7CA63DFF3 (resized).jpeg
35A08355-BC7D-4E50-80C2-DD6ADFF25E60 (resized).jpeg
6899ADD3-E2E2-4AD3-A1E0-667F5807C280 (resized).jpeg
384943D5-76F6-4EE7-9F0F-6CC5171938C6 (resized).jpeg
FC066F3D-B6CE-48CF-91A4-5EB0A2DB6635 (resized).jpeg
F86EFF37-9043-41E5-A98E-DDA6B3D27564 (resized).jpeg
70A40CF8-AEF1-4D91-8E2F-34889179F177 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Pirates of the Caribbean (Limited Edition)

Added: 2018-12-30 23:33:01 UTC • Ended: January 18th, 2019
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

Price

$ 8,999 (OBO)

Open for offers

Pristine PotC LE #232 with low plays (27). Owned about a month now. Not much else to say about it.

Item photos

70A40CF8-AEF1-4D91-8E2F-34889179F177 (resized).jpeg
F86EFF37-9043-41E5-A98E-DDA6B3D27564 (resized).jpeg
FC066F3D-B6CE-48CF-91A4-5EB0A2DB6635 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are FightNightFZ's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to FightNightFZ's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 8,600

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Austin, TX, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

#2 5 years ago

To be clear, this is the LE. I’m surprised anyone would inquire if it’s the CE, but its happened.

#3 5 years ago

guess you hate it?

#4 5 years ago

is this the LE or the CE?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

guess you hate it?

I actually like it a lot, need the funds and my family doesn’t care enough about it.

Quoted from heryworm:

is this the LE or the CE?

Lol thanks

#6 5 years ago

I can't imagine this lasting 24 hours. Hot game and below retail..

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I can't imagine this lasting 24 hours. Hot game and below retail..

Definitely a local sale prime target.

#8 5 years ago

Still available!

#9 5 years ago

Ring in the New Year with an amazing PotCLE. Still available and still in your hearts.

#10 5 years ago

I can 100% vouch for this seller and game! I actually played it when picking up a MBrSE from Tom just a few days ago.

MBr only had 16 plays on it when it left his house. A couple months ago, I picked up a similarly next-to-new DILE from Tom. It's just his personal M.O. of trying all the new stuff. If my bank account wasn't totally wiped out for now...

Tom, you're a nut but I thank you for it!

Buy with confidence!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Tom, you're a nut but I thank you for it!

Lol I know, I know! Thank you for being a repeat customer and friend.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

To be clear, this is the LE. I’m surprised anyone would inquire if it’s the CE, but its happened.

Because in your title it shows as "For sale: Pirates of the Caribbean (LE/Collector's Edition)". Seems Pinside will not allow you to choose the right description for this game from the list.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Because in your title it shows as "For sale: Pirates of the Caribbean (LE/Collector's Edition)". Seems Pinside will not allow you to choose the right description for this game from the list.

True but at this price does anyone really believe this would be a 12,500USD CE? Says LE in description and pictures also show clearly it is an LE.

Even after his clarification post, the question is still asked.

Anyway, good luck on the sale. Great game at a great price especially if someone is local.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Lol I’m still getting PMs about it being a CE.

People, I’m not going to answer that question anymore or my reasoning for selling.

#15 5 years ago

This is an awesome game. I paid full NIB price for a 50 games played LE unit because it was local and had already been tweaked and played perfectly. Easily one of the top 5 pinball games ever made. Don’t miss out! This is a deal for sure.

#16 5 years ago

If only I could get it to Arizona somehow

#17 5 years ago

Deleted post, wrong thread.

#18 5 years ago

I'd be buying this in a heartbeat if it was local. Good luck OP.

#19 5 years ago

Where do OP live?

#20 5 years ago

Lol I’m still getting PMs about it being a CE.
People, I’m not going to answer that question anymore or my reasoning for selling.

Just change the add title. It says collectors edition in the title, hence the confusion.

#22 5 years ago

Right outside of Austin

#23 5 years ago

Damn wish this was local to me.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Damn wish this was local to me.

+1

#25 5 years ago

Just had a person flake. Same person who did this with a previous deal, so it’s open.

#26 5 years ago

I just went to a friends house and played his CE.... man this is an awesome game

#27 5 years ago

After taking an offer and moving forward this is what I get “Ok ...shoot me straight is the game play fun it’s a beautiful beautiful machine but the game play gets terrible reviews“. This was after multiple pinside PMs and text messages moving forward with the sale.

After this “Weather is gonna be crap for a few days can I pay pal you and pick up when it clears up” and “Will have you the $ at lunch“ today.

I went with an offer from this guy when I was going to sell my AFMr and silence happened. Fool me twice, shame on me. I turned down multiple offers. Why do people do this???? I hate being so trusting.

#28 5 years ago

I can’t believe that out of nowhere that “this game gets bad reviews” changes a sale. Do your research before and bro, you’re way wrong.

#29 5 years ago

I can’t believe that out of nowhere that “this game gets bad reviews” changes a sale. Do your research before and bro, you’re way wrong.

Especiallhy since the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive for this game.

#30 5 years ago

I should have known better when the old texts popped up on a previous trade deal where I unlisted everything and thought we were good, then the texts just went dead.

Thought I’d ignore and give the guy a shot again. This one went further when he even negotiated lower and I accepted. Then went and said it’s going to a good home.

I’d love to out the pinside name, but not going to. It’s just a crappy deal to act like you’re going to buy and then back out. It causes a lot of heartache and could cost me money.

I attached the “good home”

384943D5-76F6-4EE7-9F0F-6CC5171938C6 (resized).jpeg384943D5-76F6-4EE7-9F0F-6CC5171938C6 (resized).jpeg

#31 5 years ago

Like WTF is this???

6899ADD3-E2E2-4AD3-A1E0-667F5807C280 (resized).jpeg6899ADD3-E2E2-4AD3-A1E0-667F5807C280 (resized).jpeg
#32 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Especiallhy since the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive for this game.

Guy was probably looking at reviews of Sterns Pirates.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Or he’s just a dick that bails on deals. 2 for 2 now, trend say yes.

This guy has spent 4 years on pinside, though with only 4 posts, don’t know what that means. I do know that he knows what he’s doing.

#34 5 years ago

Or he’s just a dick that bails on deals. 2 for 2 now, trend say yes.
This guy has spent 4 years on pinside, though with only 4 posts, don’t know what that means. I do know that he knows what he’s doing.

What, he wanted some Diners Club points "to make it easy on me" lol. Not the right buyer but the one that does will come along and get a great game!

#35 5 years ago

Thank you, I sure hope so!

#36 5 years ago

Maybe he was delirious after eating a couple Big Macs & a dozen Mc Nuggets

35A08355-BC7D-4E50-80C2-DD6ADFF25E60 (resized).jpeg35A08355-BC7D-4E50-80C2-DD6ADFF25E60 (resized).jpeg
#37 5 years ago

Geez! Sorry you're getting jerked around on this one, Tom! Someone more deserving will come along.

#38 5 years ago

I can tell it is eating you up because you tell us everything but the pinsider name . Move on, you'll find a taker soon.

Now, if only your ACNC spot was earlier in line would we be talking...

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I can tell it is eating you up because you tell us everything but the pinsider name . Move on, you'll find a taker soon.

I was also extremely drunk last night which didn’t help the situation lol.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Stern's POTC is from Stern's golden age. High-quality, plentiful toys (sinking ship is greatest Stern toy of all time), reliable SAM system and half the price of JJPPOTC. I haven't played the new POTC and I've heard it's great, but Stern's POTC is one of Stern's few shining moments and would certainly have a 9K asking price if released today.

Quoted from Insanity199:

True but at this price does anyone really believe this would be a 12,500USD CE? Says LE in description and pictures also show clearly it is an LE.
Anyway, good luck on the sale. Great game at a great price especially if someone is local.

I agree that it was pretty clear. But I definitely disagree with the notion that a machine that costs $12,500 new can't become a 9K machine really quickly. Just because JJP found a few suckers, it doesn't mean that that's the market on a used one.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I agree that it was pretty clear. But I definitely disagree with the notion that a machine that costs $12,500 new can't become a 9K machine really quickly. Just because JJP found a few suckers, it doesn't mean that that's the market on a used one.

We can agree to disagree. CEs are still selling new for 12500 and I agree you may get one at a discount if someone really needs cash but certainly not a 3k discount when they just started selling.

Show me one that sells for around 9k in the next year and I will publically eat crow.

#42 5 years ago

In my completely unbiased opinion, I think you should just sit on it for a few months and put a couple hundred more games on it while inviting people over to play.

#43 5 years ago

It happens. I've dealt with this a few times. Radio silence for more than 24 hrs results in a default "NOW AVAILABLE". I personally do not do deposits unless it is a long distance transaction. Luckily my buyers were AWESOME and good solid people. Even as a buyer, I do not do deposits. Really, it's either i'm coming to see it and leaving with it, or nothing. I'll never make an offer until i'm ready to pay said amount.

Lets face it, when push comes to shove, people are closer to assholes than to saints. Sorry you had to deal with it.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

In my completely unbiased opinion, I think you should just sit on it for a few months and put a couple hundred more games on it while inviting people over to play.

Lol you’re not that far off from getting me to accept your offer, then you can be the one to host me and let me put plays on it

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Lets face it, when push comes to shove, people are closer to assholes than to saints. Sorry you had to deal with it.

My problem is that I fell for the same thing from the same person twice. Won’t happen again.

#46 5 years ago

New low price!

#47 5 years ago

Less than 50 plays. It’s brand new. Total steal!!

#48 5 years ago

I'll top it off and throw in a six pack of IPAs the first ten visits! Then you can also play your old Maiden and Dialed In too.

#49 5 years ago

Wow.. If this was East Coast it would have been gone already.

#50 5 years ago

Damn! How is this still available?! Killer price!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 38.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-le-collector-s-edition-1?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.