New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 244895)

For sale: Pirates of the Caribbean (LE)

By f3honda4me

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by f3honda4me
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

895D7A4F-BF1D-4133-8DC5-C5559E06F32E (resized).jpeg
saddlesoregalactica (resized).jpg
IMG_4330 (resized).jpg
IMG_4328 (resized).jpg
IMG_4329 (resized).jpg
IMG_4327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4326 (resized).jpg
IMG_4325 (resized).jpg
IMG_4324 (resized).jpg
IMG_4323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4322 (resized).jpg
IMG_4320 (resized).jpg
IMG_4321 (resized).jpg
IMG_4319 (resized).jpg
IMG_4318 (resized).jpg
IMG_4317 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#6 1 year ago

GLWS

#19 1 year ago

Alien is great but the lack of parts is concerning. I understand moving pins around even if you love them. I traded BM66, sold MMR, MBRLE, traded IMDNLE. BM66...I’ll get another. It’s a safe bet you can sell now and get another LE down the line, but no guarantee it will be $9500...

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I have it on good authority that the game will never be remade in its current form because it was such a nightmare to get parts for and assemble. If it ever shows up again there will probably be less mechs and the price is going to rise considerably. I know we all doubt it due to what Jack has done with the other LE models, but this one might be different.

Jack told me last week more LEs are a high likelihood after the next two games or between runs. That isn’t 100 percent but I’d say pretty good authority.

#28 1 year ago

Congrats, I think you will have another in your future, maybe a CE!

#42 1 year ago

As long as we are making guesses here, same LE, same price.

#54 1 year ago

My single disc moves the ball and I like it. I preferred the triple disc as it caused some interesting randomness with slow moving balls, but overall it was just really cool to look at.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol
You know the POTC hype and dumpers are really grasping at straws when they start talking Predator.
hahahaha
I was just playing JJP POTC this past Saturday and the single disc did almost nothing to the ball ever.
Small changes in trajectory as best. The 3 disc was awesome and made the ball do all sorts of oddball stuff.

I’m guessing you’ve played an early prototype with the material on the triple discs more sticky and then a single spinner that was waxed and lost some texture. I just played mine and it definitely moves the ball in a way that enhances gameplay.

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol. I played a production game 3 days ago. I played 5 games in a row at Tilt in MN. One of the best maintained locations anywhere and all the pins play nearly flawless. The single disc did barely anything. I never once had it grab even remotely as good as a worn out wind disc does.
I have played four different examples and they were all the same.
I have played two different 3 disc examples and both did way more to randomize ball movement.
Neither are as good as TaF magnets and I hope when they rerun POTC they use magnets for impact and reliability.
I do really get a kick out of all the owners hyping these sales and then many turning around to sell shortly after.
I can assure you I have zero interest in buying a POTC on the secondary market. There is an obvious overinflated hype and they are still selling just fine right now so I am unsure why so many are so worried about it.
Go sell now while the getting is good. Price is going to plummet once people realize a new and improved version will come out and for less money combined with better reliability.

Strange, I just spent a couple of hours playing, with the disc moving the ball around really well. Must have been hallucinating or telekinetically moving it. Works great. Guessing that the discs got waxed on location. As to prices, it's just the free market, supply and demand. It will come down with more availability, unless the supply is again too little, such as 500 more LEs produced and a demand for 1000. I bet JJP will sell the exact same game for $9500 but it will be hard to get below that due to the demand. But maybe they will raise the price seeing how they are selling now. Who knows? I bet they don't either.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside