IMG_4324 (resized).jpg
IMG_4323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4322 (resized).jpg
IMG_4320 (resized).jpg
IMG_4321 (resized).jpg
IMG_4319 (resized).jpg
IMG_4318 (resized).jpg
IMG_4317 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#2 4 years ago

Going for alien?

; )

#14 4 years ago

man with all the recent POTC sales threads it has me thinking as well (and I'm not one to shy away from selling!) but this game is just too damn good right now. I know it will be hard to get again. Willing to pass on the immediate profit and keeping it.

Feel the same way on Alien. I can sell and make a profit prob but just don't care. These are two special machines, alien being literally the last game I sell.

For those one the fence, POTC is real deal and will likely represent the last real JJP game we're going to get if wonka is any indication of where things go. I just hope they at least reconsider with the less is more approach for GnR!

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Alien is great but the lack of parts is concerning. I understand moving pins around even if you love them. I traded BM66, sold MMR, MBRLE, traded IMDNLE. BM66...I’ll get another. It’s a safe bet you can sell now and get another LE down the line, but no guarantee it will be $9500...

parts become less of a concern when you literally buy them all haha. I went a little overboard but I bought them all (unique to the game) just for the peace of mind for this reason!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I have it on good authority that the game will never be remade in its current form because it was such a nightmare to get parts for and assemble. If it ever shows up again there will probably be less mechs and the price is going to rise considerably. I know we all doubt it due to what Jack has done with the other LE models, but this one might be different.

Why would people doubt that though? Look at WoZ yellow brick edition.....its exactly that strategy. Monkey was a pain in the ass? Let's take it out. Charge more? Sure.

Imo, jjp has now taken the following slogan.... Trademark pending ..

less is more so I can get it out the door

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL
no they wont...

Whytalk - want to put your money where your big mouth is?

$300 jjp doesn't release this game built the same way at the original msrp. No chance in hell.

I know you like to make bets. Let's do this.

Someone can time capsule it bc I'm coming for my cash.

Cheers

#33 4 years ago

Ok thanks for correcting yourself.

#35 4 years ago

Not sure if you blacked out but @dylanfan mentioned if they reissue this game get ready to pay more money. You jump in saying it won't cost anymore.

I reminded you that if they release this game as is it would cost more.

You're just making my point for me that if they reissue it's going to be "minor alterations" which in reality means taking away mechs that cost too much for them aka yellow brick road edition. Oh and then they're going to still charge 9500 or more.

Even someone like you wouldn't agree that pirates as is would go for the same price as the original msrp. Hence why Jack sandbagged it and why dylanfan was right when saying expect to pay more for it if you want the game as is and why you corrected yourself.

As for being defensive I just love correcting BS

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no, you just continually spout BS in an attempt to further inflate and hype the game
They NEVER cost MSRP to buy from day 1 (maybe once stock was low? some raised the price on NIB). I will be able to buy a NIB JJP POTC with full features for under 9500...
Minor alterations are things like >> a playfield that has the chipping issues fixed, a better trim package, improvements from the first run to make it more robust and easier to consistently QC on the line (also built by a staff which will be more experienced and fresh off Wonka).
I can appreciate that you want to defend what you have as something special, but JJP already stripped out the mechs they needed to for production (i.e. triple wheel mech down to single). They are not going to bare bones the game and up the price. People like you are using the monkey mech from Woz as an example when the reality is that mech was a turd, barely seen, and removed for cabinet redesign/fit. You are jumping to a false conclusion with this line of thought.
You WILL see POTC made again, it will be full featured (with improvements), and the price will be the same (or likely less).

So many incorrect statements whytalk but I'm not surprised. To say the monkey mech was a turd and it's better without it just is the icing on the cake. Embarrassing.

If you think improvements= removing things and that this pet sematary version of pirates will be less and that's your point - again embarrassing but I'm not surprised.

I don't need to pump this game bc they market has already spoken. I just like correcting BS .

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Absolutely agreed. I read his post and realized he had no idea what he was talking about. The three discs moved the ball a lot less, and the single, even though less visually appealing and relatively noisy, moves it quite a bit.
Whysnow saying that, plus that he can buy a Fully loaded POTC in the upcoming months (for under MSRP) is just as ridiculous. Keep in mind, this is the same guy who defended the predator pin and reassured people for months on end that everything was fine and no one had anything to worry about. Truth be told the whole thing was a dumpster fire on the verge of collapse, but luckily whysnow was there Preaching to everyone it was ok and they had nothing to worry about. Time and time again he’s made it clear he really doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Couldn't have said it any better.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

This makes me sad. I own a bunch of these on my route and to be fair, full disclosure I paid $9500++. I trust my distributor fully and I would be shocked if it were sold at less to another vendor or home owner. I have bought over 25 JJP Units to date.

Don't even respond to his nonsense. Whytalk as usual has no idea what he's talking about. There likely was a time right after they starting producing that you could get a little off msrp but his statement, as usual it's exaggerated. As another user already pointed out, his history of BS is unbelievable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-le-5?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.