IMG_4324 (resized).jpg
IMG_4323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4322 (resized).jpg
IMG_4320 (resized).jpg
IMG_4321 (resized).jpg
IMG_4319 (resized).jpg
IMG_4318 (resized).jpg
IMG_4317 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

they will make more, take it to the bank.

Jack always does

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

... I have played 4 different games with the single disc and it has almost no impact. A VERY slow moving ball can be moved slightly off trajectory, but the mech is pretty pointless once it was stripped back from 3. ...

The ball is constantly affected by the disk on my game. I'm not hallucinating.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The ball is constantly affected by the disk on my game. I'm not hallucinating.

Far out man....

#54 4 years ago

My single disc moves the ball and I like it. I preferred the triple disc as it caused some interesting randomness with slow moving balls, but overall it was just really cool to look at.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd much prefer magnet(s) over the disk.
From my experience the disk kind of teases the ball a little but doesn't put it in much danger. Are you guys actually getting drains as a result of your disk action?

I do occasionally from sudden dipsy doodle moves that the ball will make, due to the disk, when I'm anticipating it to continue along a path instead. Similar to a football running back faking out a defender.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Are you guys actually getting drains as a result of your disk action?

Yes, sometimes.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

How about remove the spinning disk from the Standard and sell that model for $7500 matching Wonka. The disk just makes a lot of noise and doesn't really effect the ball all that much and is kind of ugly to look at.

As an owner, i can assure you that what you say is absolutely not true. It consistently impacts ball trajectory.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no, you just continually spout BS in an attempt to further inflate and hype the game
They NEVER cost MSRP to buy from day 1 (maybe once stock was low? some raised the price on NIB). I will be able to buy a NIB JJP POTC with full features for under 9500...
Minor alterations are things like >> a playfield that has the chipping issues fixed, a better trim package, improvements from the first run to make it more robust and easier to consistently QC on the line (also built by a staff which will be more experienced and fresh off Wonka).
I can appreciate that you want to defend what you have as something special, but JJP already stripped out the mechs they needed to for production (i.e. triple wheel mech down to single). They are not going to bare bones the game and up the price. People like you are using the monkey mech from Woz as an example when the reality is that mech was a turd, barely seen, and removed for cabinet redesign/fit. You are jumping to a false conclusion with this line of thought.
You WILL see POTC made again, it will be full featured (with improvements), and the price will be the same (or likely less).

So many incorrect statements whytalk but I'm not surprised. To say the monkey mech was a turd and it's better without it just is the icing on the cake. Embarrassing.

If you think improvements= removing things and that this pet sematary version of pirates will be less and that's your point - again embarrassing but I'm not surprised.

I don't need to pump this game bc they market has already spoken. I just like correcting BS .

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

As an owner, i can assure you that what you say is absolutely not true. It consistently impacts ball trajectory.

Absolutely agreed. I read his post and realized he had no idea what he was talking about. The three discs moved the ball a lot less, and the single, even though less visually appealing and relatively noisy, moves it quite a bit.

Whysnow saying that, plus that he can buy a Fully loaded POTC in the upcoming months (for under MSRP) is just as ridiculous. Keep in mind, this is the same guy who defended the predator pin and reassured people for months on end that everything was fine and no one had anything to worry about. Truth be told the whole thing was a dumpster fire on the verge of collapse, but luckily whysnow was there Preaching to everyone it was ok and they had nothing to worry about. Time and time again he’s made it clear he really doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Absolutely agreed. I read his post and realized he had no idea what he was talking about. The three discs moved the ball a lot less, and the single, even though less visually appealing and relatively noisy, moves it quite a bit.
Whysnow saying that, plus that he can buy a Fully loaded POTC in the upcoming months (for under MSRP) is just as ridiculous. Keep in mind, this is the same guy who defended the predator pin and reassured people for months on end that everything was fine and no one had anything to worry about. Truth be told the whole thing was a dumpster fire on the verge of collapse, but luckily whysnow was there Preaching to everyone it was ok and they had nothing to worry about. Time and time again he’s made it clear he really doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Couldn't have said it any better.

#61 4 years ago

I LOVED the monkey mech, one of the coolest features of the pin. Never got tired of it bringing the ball up to the top. Mine worked perfectly, never had an issue with it. The mech was well engineered. I can't imagine owning a yellow WOZ without that mech, no thanks.

#62 4 years ago

lol

You know the POTC hype and dumpers are really grasping at straws when they start talking Predator.

hahahaha

I was just playing JJP POTC this past Saturday and the single disc did almost nothing to the ball ever.

Small changes in trajectory as best. The 3 disc was awesome and made the ball do all sorts of oddball stuff.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You know the POTC hype and dumpers are really grasping at straws when they start talking Predator.

seriously? what about alien and ACNC? the horses you back routinely get left at the starting gate.

saddlesoregalactica (resized).jpgsaddlesoregalactica (resized).jpg
#64 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

seriously? what about alien and ACNC? the horses you back routinely get left at the starting gate.[quoted image]

hahaha

Leave it to green Hornet to point out that I supported Aliens (one of the best games out there and selling for 2x the original price) and ACNC (one of the best titles out in the past year; nearly sold out? and killing it). If those are "left at the starting gate" I am not sure what a failure looks like to you?

#65 4 years ago

I've had the disc throw my ball to the outlane but what do I know

#66 4 years ago

The one thing I learned about pinball is that if there is money to be made and there is a demand then the game will be remade.

#67 4 years ago

When I played the 3 disc prototype at Automated in CT, it didn’t seem to impact the ball as much as the single disc I have plaques many times.

That being said, playing my TAF last night, the magnet reversed the ball and threw it into the chair scoop! Never had that happen before and I’m going to miss the game when I need to sell it to get a JJPOTC.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I have it on good authority that the game will never be remade in its current form because it was such a nightmare to get parts for and assemble. If it ever shows up again there will probably be less mechs and the price is going to rise considerably. I know we all doubt it due to what Jack has done with the other LE models, but this one might be different.

In my view, there is nothing that can be removed without missing it. Well, maybe the star map, but that's not a trouble spot.

Maybe the parts are expensive/hard to get, but I don't think any of the mechs are poorly designed and troublesome in their own right. I really think the bulk of issues came down to basic QC checks being skipped before boxing.

Some of the issues I've experienced, for example, could have been caught if someone plunged a single ball, or ran a switch test. That is what ought to be resolved (and may well BE resolved by now already.) Not removing mechs.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol
hahahaha
I was just playing JJP POTC this past Saturday and the single disc did almost nothing to the ball ever.
Small changes in trajectory as best. The 3 disc was awesome and made the ball do all sorts of oddball stuff.

I’m guessing you’ve played an early prototype with the material on the triple discs more sticky and then a single spinner that was waxed and lost some texture. I just played mine and it definitely moves the ball in a way that enhances gameplay.

#70 4 years ago

Well this escalated quickly

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Well this escalated quickly

Nah, only. 1k markup over MSRP.

You probably left at least 500 on the table...

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol
hahahaha

Good lord, The projecting is reaching unheard of levels. You dump on some games (probably looking for a deal) and “price pump” games you own. It’s painfully obvious to most everyone when they see you roam from thread to thread pontificating about price, rumors, availability, etc, what your true intentions are. It’s amazing with your track record that you still come here and state anything as fact. Buy a POTC under MSRP? I mean, my god man, you don’t believe the things you type do you?

Look at the triple disk statement...you just had a half dozen owners tell you how it really is, some like myself who put over 50 games on the prototype....but we’re “wrong” and you’re right. Shew man, that level of arrogance is astounding...

#73 4 years ago

Until they stopped production and even a few months after you could easily get a potcle for under msrp if you called the right distributors. I wish i wld of grabbed one but held off to see wonka and stern releases. O well win some u lose some.

#74 4 years ago

Lol. I played a production game 3 days ago. I played 5 games in a row at Tilt in MN. One of the best maintained locations anywhere and all the pins play nearly flawless. The single disc did barely anything. I never once had it grab even remotely as good as a worn out wind disc does.

I have played four different examples and they were all the same.

I have played two different 3 disc examples and both did way more to randomize ball movement.

Neither are as good as TaF magnets and I hope when they rerun POTC they use magnets for impact and reliability.

I do really get a kick out of all the owners hyping these sales and then many turning around to sell shortly after.

I can assure you I have zero interest in buying a POTC on the secondary market. There is an obvious overinflated hype and they are still selling just fine right now so I am unsure why so many are so worried about it.
Go sell now while the getting is good. Price is going to plummet once people realize a new and improved version will come out and for less money combined with better reliability.

#75 4 years ago

So this happened. It was during a five ball multiball, I think it launched off the 3x target.

895D7A4F-BF1D-4133-8DC5-C5559E06F32E (resized).jpeg895D7A4F-BF1D-4133-8DC5-C5559E06F32E (resized).jpeg
#76 4 years ago

Good lord, The projecting is reaching unheard of levels. You dump on some games (probably looking for a deal) and “price pump” games you own. It’s painfully obvious to most everyone when they see you roam from thread to thread pontificating about price, rumors, availability, etc, what your true intentions are. It’s amazing with your track record that you still come here and state anything as fact. Buy a POTC under MSRP? I mean, my god man, you don’t believe the things you type do you?
Look at the triple disk statement...you just had a half dozen owners tell you how it really is, some like myself who put over 50 games on the prototype....but we’re “wrong” and you’re right. Shew man, that level of arrogance is astounding...

Well said!

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

So this happened. It was during a five ball multiball, I think it launched off the 3x target.[quoted image]

That happened to me once - LTG recommended using a ruler to coax it over to the shooter lane.

Once you’ve freed it, pull the glass and make sure that metal guard is as high up as it can go all the way around.

Not a very fun adventure!

#78 4 years ago

I had to lift the front end of the game to make the playfield tilt up so I could get the glass off. No big deal but I’ve never seen one there in my pinball career

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol. I played a production game 3 days ago. I played 5 games in a row at Tilt in MN. One of the best maintained locations anywhere and all the pins play nearly flawless. The single disc did barely anything. I never once had it grab even remotely as good as a worn out wind disc does.
I have played four different examples and they were all the same.
I have played two different 3 disc examples and both did way more to randomize ball movement.
Neither are as good as TaF magnets and I hope when they rerun POTC they use magnets for impact and reliability.
I do really get a kick out of all the owners hyping these sales and then many turning around to sell shortly after.
I can assure you I have zero interest in buying a POTC on the secondary market. There is an obvious overinflated hype and they are still selling just fine right now so I am unsure why so many are so worried about it.
Go sell now while the getting is good. Price is going to plummet once people realize a new and improved version will come out and for less money combined with better reliability.

Strange, I just spent a couple of hours playing, with the disc moving the ball around really well. Must have been hallucinating or telekinetically moving it. Works great. Guessing that the discs got waxed on location. As to prices, it's just the free market, supply and demand. It will come down with more availability, unless the supply is again too little, such as 500 more LEs produced and a demand for 1000. I bet JJP will sell the exact same game for $9500 but it will be hard to get below that due to the demand. But maybe they will raise the price seeing how they are selling now. Who knows? I bet they don't either.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no, you just continually spout BS in an attempt to further inflate and hype the game
They NEVER cost MSRP to buy from day 1 (maybe once stock was low? some raised the price on NIB). I will be able to buy a NIB JJP POTC with full features for under 9500...
Minor alterations are things like >> a playfield that has the chipping issues fixed, a better trim package, improvements from the first run to make it more robust and easier to consistently QC on the line (also built by a staff which will be more experienced and fresh off Wonka).
I can appreciate that you want to defend what you have as something special, but JJP already stripped out the mechs they needed to for production (i.e. triple wheel mech down to single). They are not going to bare bones the game and up the price. People like you are using the monkey mech from Woz as an example when the reality is that mech was a turd, barely seen, and removed for cabinet redesign/fit. You are jumping to a false conclusion with this line of thought.
You WILL see POTC made again, it will be full featured (with improvements), and the price will be the same (or likely less).

This makes me sad. I own a bunch of these on my route and to be fair, full disclosure I paid $9500++. I trust my distributor fully and I would be shocked if it were sold at less to another vendor or home owner. I have bought over 25 JJP Units to date.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

This makes me sad. I own a bunch of these on my route and to be fair, full disclosure I paid $9500++. I trust my distributor fully and I would be shocked if it were sold at less to another vendor or home owner. I have bought over 25 JJP Units to date.

Don't even respond to his nonsense. Whytalk as usual has no idea what he's talking about. There likely was a time right after they starting producing that you could get a little off msrp but his statement, as usual it's exaggerated. As another user already pointed out, his history of BS is unbelievable.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I would guess that BigD and I both spoke with the same distributor that was offering for less. It was not whom I buy with normally.
Needless to say I did not purchase as I was not interested.

If anyone should be getting a discount ever, it should be you! You must be one of JJP best customers!

Hell, you should become a distributor and sell games for them You route enough to make it worth the effort and are probably directly responsible for many sales of their games once people play your excellent examples on route!

#83 4 years ago

Distros discounting jjp games can get in trouble. I have a good relationship with my distro and trust him,.I was not given a discount on the LE bought in this last production run. If you buy multiple units, it might be possible to get a little off, but not much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-le-5/page/2?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.