Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by f3honda4me
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

895D7A4F-BF1D-4133-8DC5-C5559E06F32E (resized).jpeg
saddlesoregalactica (resized).jpg
IMG_4330 (resized).jpg
IMG_4328 (resized).jpg
IMG_4329 (resized).jpg
IMG_4327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4326 (resized).jpg
IMG_4325 (resized).jpg
IMG_4324 (resized).jpg
IMG_4323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4322 (resized).jpg
IMG_4320 (resized).jpg
IMG_4321 (resized).jpg
IMG_4319 (resized).jpg
IMG_4318 (resized).jpg
IMG_4317 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 days ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 10,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

for sale

For sale: Pirates of the Caribbean (LE)

Added: June 9th, 2019 Ended: June 13th, 2019
Condition: NOB - New out of box (first owner)

Item description

I'm listing this just because if someone is willing to buy it, I'd sell it, but I'm not even entirely sure I really want to sell it yet lol. It's one of the best games ever, so I'm sure I'll buy one again someday.

This is HUO, has 1,119 plays as of today, November 2018 build. Comes with the following mods:

-Full Cliffy set (not installed yet)
-Coin plunger
-Mod Couple Coin button
-Mod Couple Rum barrel
-Mod Couple Disc Silencer full kit
-Mod Couple HMS Dauntless railing
-Pinwoofer Sub and Amplifier kit

Game is in great condition, really does not look worn at all. See the close up pics of the map and tortuga holes. There is a spot where the mylar popped up a bit to the right of the map hole, it's just mylar, no PF damage or wear, is rather common as the mylar wasn't laid down correctly from the factory and creates a small "bubble" on that side.

The game really had no issues out of the box that I can recall outside of needing to tighten the chest fork ramp once and an LED popping out of a spotlight.

edit: Will ship pin at buyer's expense and buyer must arrange shipping. I have shipped using STI/beltmann so I know how to pack it up.

Item photos

IMG_4317 (resized).jpg
IMG_4318 (resized).jpg
IMG_4319 (resized).jpg
IMG_4320 (resized).jpg
IMG_4321 (resized).jpg
IMG_4322 (resized).jpg
IMG_4323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4324 (resized).jpg
IMG_4325 (resized).jpg
IMG_4326 (resized).jpg
IMG_4327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4328 (resized).jpg
IMG_4329 (resized).jpg
IMG_4330 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 10,500

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Colgate, WI, US

Seller insights

These are f3honda4me's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to f3honda4me's stats page

#2 10 days ago

Going for alien?

; )

#3 9 days ago

You seriously selling this after shilling for jjp on every single thread that has a single negative comment about this game? The strategy has now come clear. GLWS.

#4 9 days ago

If a recession hits and they don't make more of this game, I could see it becoming a $15k game.

#5 9 days ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

You seriously selling this after shilling for jjp on every single thread that has a single negative comment about this game? The strategy has now come clear. GLWS.

Anyone want to go find my post from a few weeks back guessing he would be selling soon?

Lol

here you go...

just last week were OP was hyping the game pre-sale and I pointed it out as he had hyped in the past 3 sales (at that time... his is now the 6th one in the past 10 days!).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-le-3#post-5025049

sometimes I am right... and sometimes I am really right

GLWS, it is a great game!

#6 9 days ago

GLWS

#7 9 days ago

One casual observation from pretty much every JJP ‘For Sale’ post...

It’s good to be the Mod Couple.

#8 9 days ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

One casual observation from pretty much every JJP ‘For Sale’ post...
It’s good to be the Mod Couple.

They make great stuff!

#9 9 days ago

Too bad yer not closer!

#10 9 days ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Too bad yer not closer!

Not gonna lie, wife and I talked about an SD trip briefly. Can’t fit 3 kids and a pin in the back lol!

#11 9 days ago

Understand you being tempted by the current hot market for POTCs, but honestly man, it would be the last game I'd sell among your collection!

Such a fine game - continues to blow me away with how enjoyable it is to play!

#12 9 days ago

I have had several people ask me about shipping so I'm going to just go ahead and open it up to shipping. Buyer's expense and buyer must arrange shipping and is responsible for the carrier should anything occur. I have shipped pins before using beltmann/STI and have good feedback on that. I know how to wrap it up well. Wire transfer only.

#13 9 days ago

Sold my POTC too- demand far exceeds supply. I may regret selling, but couldn’t turn down the offer I received.

#14 9 days ago

man with all the recent POTC sales threads it has me thinking as well (and I'm not one to shy away from selling!) but this game is just too damn good right now. I know it will be hard to get again. Willing to pass on the immediate profit and keeping it.

Feel the same way on Alien. I can sell and make a profit prob but just don't care. These are two special machines, alien being literally the last game I sell.

For those one the fence, POTC is real deal and will likely represent the last real JJP game we're going to get if wonka is any indication of where things go. I just hope they at least reconsider with the less is more approach for GnR!

#15 9 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Understand you being tempted by the current hot market for POTCs, but honestly man, it would be the last game I'd sell among your collection!

Such a fine game - continues to blow me away with how enjoyable it is to play!

Couldn't agree more, as I would sell all my games and gladly keep just this one. What I don't quite understand is what people are asking\getting for them. I mean at 10.5k, with shipping and the included mods, he's really only getting his investment back, not a profit (or at least a very slim one at best). I can see if the he was going to get 12k for it. However, just getting your cash back out of it, sounds more like, I don't like this game as much as my other games and I want to free up cash and/or space. Or maybe he's hoping for a new run down the road and that me can potentially pick up a used on later at an extreme discount? That's a gamble in itself, because if its released at a higher price, then used prices won't take that much of a hit. If you look at WOZ prices over the years, they have been pretty stable, even as new versions of it have came out.

#16 9 days ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I mean at 10.5k, with shipping and the included mods, he's really only getting his investment back, not a profit (or at least a very slim one at best). I can see if the he was going to get 12k for it.

Totally agree, the profit margin here is slim...this is not like a Tron LE that doubled in value years back...these margins are small to non-existent when you count back in mods and sales tax.

#17 9 days ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Couldn't agree more, as I would sell all my games and gladly keep just this one. What I don't quite understand is what people are asking\getting for them. I mean at 10.5k, with shipping and the included mods, he's really only getting his investment back, not a profit (or at least a very slim one at best). I can see if the he was going to get 12k for it. However, just getting your cash back out of it, sounds more like, I don't like this game as much as my other games and I want to free up cash and/or space. Or maybe he's hoping for a new run down the road and that me can potentially pick up a used on later at an extreme discount? That's a gamble in itself, because if its released at a higher price, then used prices won't take that much of a hit. If you look at WOZ prices over the years, they have been pretty stable, even as new versions of it have came out.

I will say that I have more than $10.5k in it from pin cost to mods. There are some things the family would like to do with the money, if it sells. I might pick up a used LOTR to replace it but still have the cash left over for the family. We are on the fence about selling it. I think part of it is summer so we are playing less pinball right now.

But I know I can always buy one again someday.

Edit: not gonna lie it’s tempting to sell a 2nd pin too and buy alien lol. It’s a grail pin for me I’d own forever. Alien movies got me in a soft spot.

#18 9 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

man with all the recent POTC sales threads it has me thinking as well (and I'm not one to shy away from selling!) but this game is just too damn good right now. I know it will be hard to get again. Willing to pass on the immediate profit and keeping it.
Feel the same way on Alien. I can sell and make a profit prob but just don't care. These are two special machines, alien being literally the last game I sell.
For those one the fence, POTC is real deal and will likely represent the last real JJP game we're going to get if wonka is any indication of where things go. I just hope they at least reconsider with the less is more approach for GnR!

I told my wife someday going to buy an alien. We have a great mix of fun pins and more coming out this year, but alien is just so damn good.

#19 9 days ago

Alien is great but the lack of parts is concerning. I understand moving pins around even if you love them. I traded BM66, sold MMR, MBRLE, traded IMDNLE. BM66...I’ll get another. It’s a safe bet you can sell now and get another LE down the line, but no guarantee it will be $9500...

#20 9 days ago
Quoted from dts:

Alien is great but the lack of parts is concerning. I understand moving pins around even if you love them. I traded BM66, sold MMR, MBRLE, traded IMDNLE. BM66...I’ll get another. It’s a safe bet you can sell now and get another LE down the line, but no guarantee it will be $9500...

parts become less of a concern when you literally buy them all haha. I went a little overboard but I bought them all (unique to the game) just for the peace of mind for this reason!

#21 9 days ago

The parts shortage is because delt is hoarding them

#22 8 days ago

I have it on good authority that the game will never be remade in its current form because it was such a nightmare to get parts for and assemble. If it ever shows up again there will probably be less mechs and the price is going to rise considerably. I know we all doubt it due to what Jack has done with the other LE models, but this one might be different.

#23 8 days ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I have it on good authority that the game will never be remade in its current form because it was such a nightmare to get parts for and assemble. If it ever shows up again there will probably be less mechs and the price is going to rise considerably. I know we all doubt it due to what Jack has done with the other LE models, but this one might be different.

Why would people doubt that though? Look at WoZ yellow brick edition.....its exactly that strategy. Monkey was a pain in the ass? Let's take it out. Charge more? Sure.

Imo, jjp has now taken the following slogan.... Trademark pending ..

less is more so I can get it out the door

#24 8 days ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Jack told me last week more LEs are a high likelihood after the next two games or between runs. That isn’t 100 percent but I’d say pretty good authority.

#25 8 days ago

they will make more, take it to the bank.

#26 8 days ago

Sale pending

#27 8 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

they will make more, take it to the bank.

And get more cash because they’ll cost more.

#28 8 days ago

Congrats, I think you will have another in your future, maybe a CE!

#29 8 days ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

And get more cash because they’ll cost more.

LOL

no they wont...

#30 8 days ago

congrats on the sale

#31 8 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL
no they wont...

Whytalk - want to put your money where your big mouth is?

$300 jjp doesn't release this game built the same way at the original msrp. No chance in hell.

I know you like to make bets. Let's do this.

Someone can time capsule it bc I'm coming for my cash.

Cheers

#32 8 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Whytalk - want to put your money where your big mouth is?
$300 jjp doesn't release this game built the same way at the original msrp. No chance in hell.
I know you like to make bets. Let's do this.
Someone can time capsule it bc I'm coming for my cash.
Cheers

no thanks.

I dont need to make a bet with you. Esp when we both know they wont make it exactly the "same way" nor for the same price.

They will release it with a new trim package, some minor alterations, and by all likelihood for a price more comparable to the Wonka model.

I know you are very defensive of this game and the secondary market pricing (still no reason for the personal name calling), but I hope you realize that as the price goes up, so do the $$$$ signs in Jacks eyes and he knows when/where to make the money.

#33 8 days ago

Ok thanks for correcting yourself.

#34 8 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok thanks for correcting yourself.

huh?

no change here. JJP POTC will be remade. It will be remade with improvements. It will be sold for LESS than it is now on the secondary.

#35 8 days ago

Not sure if you blacked out but @dylanfan mentioned if they reissue this game get ready to pay more money. You jump in saying it won't cost anymore.

I reminded you that if they release this game as is it would cost more.

You're just making my point for me that if they reissue it's going to be "minor alterations" which in reality means taking away mechs that cost too much for them aka yellow brick road edition. Oh and then they're going to still charge 9500 or more.

Even someone like you wouldn't agree that pirates as is would go for the same price as the original msrp. Hence why Jack sandbagged it and why dylanfan was right when saying expect to pay more for it if you want the game as is and why you corrected yourself.

As for being defensive I just love correcting BS

#36 8 days ago

Well if they raise the price then count me out 100%. As much as I am regretting missing out on buying one I refuse to pay even more for it. The price of the standard is borderline too high for me.

#37 8 days ago

I'd pay more if they resumed making the triple-spinning disk and opening-and-closing chest edition. I kind of wonder if those games are the true CE's...

#38 7 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

You're just making my point for me that if they reissue it's going to be "minor alterations" which in reality means taking away mechs that cost too much for them aka yellow brick road edition. Oh and then they're going to still charge 9500 or more.

Three easy removals for cost cutting would be the mini LCD, spinning pirate, and the star map. The game could live without them, though I would miss the mini display the most of the three, as I actually use it for information. They could really go nuts and remove the chest fork and create a virtual lock. That's probably the device that causes the most (if any) trouble anyway. Then they can throw some different art and powder coating, raise the price by 1-2k or leave it the same. Either way, the pinball community will fall over each other to pick up the latest art package.

#39 7 days ago

JJP makes no sense to me anymore. Here you have a game everyone wants and I am actually 100% ready to buy immediately and I can't. They just seem to have no clue how to properly determine demand for a title. They pump out a yellow overpriced WOZ that nobody wants and they make too many Hobbits that had very low demand. If anyone from JJP is reading this (which I doubt), I would like to purchase a NIB Pirates standard, not a yellow WOZ or any Wonka version. If you come out with it next year with another price increase I am just going to permanently lose interest in JJP.

#40 7 days ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Three easy removals for cost cutting would be the mini LCD, spinning pirate, and the star map. The game could live without them, though I would miss the mini display the most of the three, as I actually use it for information. They could really go nuts and remove the chest fork and create a virtual lock. That's probably the device that causes the most (if any) trouble anyway. Then they can throw some different art and powder coating, raise the price by 1-2k or leave it the same. Either way, the pinball community will fall over each other to pick up the latest art package.

How about remove the spinning disk from the Standard and sell that model for $7500 matching Wonka. The disk just makes a lot of noise and doesn't really effect the ball all that much and is kind of ugly to look at. I'd prefer the game without it and that would make the game more attractive to route operators and collector's on a budget.

#41 7 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

How about remove the spinning disk from the Standard and sell that model for $7500 matching Wonka. The disk just makes a lot of noise and doesn't really effect the ball all that much and is kind of ugly to look at. I'd prefer the game without it and that would make the game more attractive to route operators and collector's on a budget.

Swap out for three magnets would also work

#42 7 days ago

As long as we are making guesses here, same LE, same price.

#43 7 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Is that one mech worth $1,000 though? When my kids played the game they really like the spinning disk, I think this would just water down the original intended experience. I agree it doesn't do a huge amount. I've went from being bummed out about this situation to very irritated. I don't buy pins often and when I finally find one I want I can't buy it. First world problems for sure, but seriously this is the "hot" title right now and it can't be purchased, this hobby is so upside down sometimes.

#44 7 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not sure if you blacked out but @dylanfan mentioned if they reissue this game get ready to pay more money. You jump in saying it won't cost anymore.
I reminded you that if they release this game as is it would cost more.
Even someone like you wouldn't agree that pirates as is would go for the same price as the original msrp. Hence why Jack sandbagged it and why dylanfan was right when saying expect to pay more for it if you want the game as is and why you corrected yourself.
As for being defensive I just love correcting BS

no, you just continually spout BS in an attempt to further inflate and hype the game

They NEVER cost MSRP to buy from day 1 (maybe once stock was low? some raised the price on NIB). I will be able to buy a NIB JJP POTC with full features for under 9500...

Minor alterations are things like >> a playfield that has the chipping issues fixed, a better trim package, improvements from the first run to make it more robust and easier to consistently QC on the line (also built by a staff which will be more experienced and fresh off Wonka).

I can appreciate that you want to defend what you have as something special, but JJP already stripped out the mechs they needed to for production (i.e. triple wheel mech down to single). They are not going to bare bones the game and up the price. People like you are using the monkey mech from Woz as an example when the reality is that mech was a turd, barely seen, and removed for cabinet redesign/fit. You are jumping to a false conclusion with this line of thought.

You WILL see POTC made again, it will be full featured (with improvements), and the price will be the same (or likely less).

#45 7 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I would actually miss the spinning disk and I have to disagree on it effecting the ball during play. When mine spins and the ball is coming down to the left flipper then suddenly routes to the right or vs versa, it certainly adds some pretty cool randomness. Also, removing would be a bit more problematic with that big hole in the center of the playfield.

#46 7 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

would be a huge improvement and likely the best thing I can see for a simple change.

#47 7 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

... The disk just makes a lot of noise and doesn't really effect the ball all that much and is kind of ugly to look at. ...

The spinning disk on my game affects the ball's movement a lot.

#48 7 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The spinning disk on my game affects the ball's movement a lot.

do you have a 3 disc?

I have played 4 different games with the single disc and it has almost no impact. A VERY slow moving ball can be moved slightly off trajectory, but the mech is pretty pointless once it was stripped back from 3.

With 3 it was really cool!

#49 7 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

do you have a 3 disc?
I have played 4 different games with the single disc and it has almost no impact. A VERY slow moving ball can be moved slightly off trajectory, but the mech is pretty pointless once it was stripped back from 3.
With 3 it was really cool!

3 was visually amazing. The single disc moves the ball a lot. Obviously when the ball is moving reasonably slowly.

There are opinions and there are facts... This is a fact based on my experiences to date.

Re mech removals they would more likely cut a few diverters and the Two! Spinning pops before messing with the disc.

Some of the diverters are rarely used. And I did not know there was a second!! spinning pops until I was an owner.

Pirates is loaded. No joke.

#50 7 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'd much prefer magnet(s) over the disk.

From my experience the disk kind of teases the ball a little but doesn't put it in much danger. Are you guys actually getting drains as a result of your disk action?

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside